Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    I really have no idea how I'm still alive, really. The SK must not have any interest in me, and now the Cop is dead, so no one can 'read' me, unless they go by my posts. I think that the lurks have a potential to be hiding scum, or they could be just bored
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

You're alive because you're not a threat to scum. You don't push on people or analyze voting patterns or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I really have no idea how I'm still alive, really. The SK must not have any interest in me, and now the Cop is dead, so no one can 'read' me, unless they go by my posts. I think that the lurks have a potential to be hiding scum, or they could be just bored
    Yeah but see that’s why it’s almost a guarantee that the serial killer Has to be one of the veteran players. Because all of the newer players have made it fairly far into this game and the only person that would kill newer players would be newer players for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    new players typically have a "bubble" of immunity from being targeted. its an honor system and not really official. it absolutely would have been off by now at any rate but because you're new you just simply wouldnt be a threat to the sk and mafia. same goes to cereal and rca. that said, you could be either of those two scum factions. but i find it unlikely you'd be mafia, and even more unlikely that you'd be the SK. granted people pointed out that foxxymcfursalot leaves everything to random and doesnt reassign new players, i find it unlikely, albeit not impossible that 2 or more new players would be on the mafia team the same game, and incredibly unlikely that they would be the SK.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I getting lynched? I'm honestly too tired to even fight it right now. Insert bog standard I'm not scum claim.

Agreed that the SK has no reason to be interested in Bwonsamdi, you're here, you throw random votes half the time, and aren't really doing anything to threaten them.

Bwonsamdi isn't the SK.

The SK killed Dupti, Firebert, and Blood. They weren't sussing out Bwon. The SK chose those players because he was afraid that those three were going to direct town's attention at them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's assuming those three were town.

- - - Updated - - -

But the SK had no way of knowing beforehand so the logic still stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Am I getting lynched? I'm honestly too tired to even fight it right now. Insert bog standard I'm not scum claim.

Agreed that the SK has no reason to be interested in Bwonsamdi, you're here, you throw random votes half the time, and aren't really doing anything to threaten them.
    i mean you're not getting lynched if you do something about it. i feel the tiredness though. i just woke up after being asleep for a day basically after almost 3 days of not sleeping. my body is being fucky and sick and i hate it. not like flu sick but just no energy sick.

- - - Updated - - -

i just got really confused because i thought we were on day 5 not 4.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

3+ Year Old Account
    If I were the SK I probably would've gone for the players who pretty much know everyone, not new people. I would've probably killed Crackle/Firebert first, then waited to see how others reacted

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also tired as f***, I agree with you Lora

- - - Updated - - -

You can all pile on me next game, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Some people switch up their style from time to time. Others don't. I'm an advocate that there's no 'right' or 'wrong' way to play. As long as they're operating within the confines of the rules, at any rate.
    Yeah but see the problem is that everyone changes eventually or there’s just a game where things go very off kilter or somebody’s having a weird time in real life and it translates to weird shit in the game. So well I think that it can be beneficial to look in the past and see potential patterns I think that holding them to any sort of credible standard and bringing them to bear in current games is a bit offputting. For me it’s more of a yeah this is how somebody usually playsAnd I will look for those tells, but I want something credible from the current game as a base argument.

So while I would look at a past game and see how you let’s say have acted or played as one rule or another I would take that and look for something in the current game that matches that and I wouldn’t bring up past instances in my argument.

So let’s say not to bring up yesterday but just to give context to my argument you not answering my questions If that was something that you had done congruently in the past as either town or mafia I would look for that tell and then find a way to utilize it in the current game but I wouldn’t bring up how are you used it prior. Because to me it’s a lot more fun to try to make that work in current context then the tie it to past behaviors.

I don’t know if that explains my positioning very well but that’s how I go about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Yeah but see the problem is that everyone changes eventually or there’s just a game where things go very off kilter or somebody’s having a weird time in real life and it translates to weird shit in the game. So well I think that it can be beneficial to look in the past and see potential patterns I think that holding them to any sort of credible standard and bringing them to bear in current games is a bit offputting. For me it’s more of a yeah this is how somebody usually playsAnd I will look for those tells, but I want something credible from the current game as a base argument.

So while I would look at a past game and see how you let’s say have acted or played as one rule or another I would take that and look for something in the current game that matches that and I wouldn’t bring up past instances in my argument.

So let’s say not to bring up yesterday but just to give context to my argument you not answering my questions If that was something that you had done congruently in the past as either town or mafia I would look for that tell and then find a way to utilize it in the current game but I wouldn’t bring up how are you used it prior. Because to me it’s a lot more fun to try to make that work in current context then the tie it to past behaviors.

I don’t know if that explains my positioning very well but that’s how I go about it
    if you dont have the past 125 games memorized and know every players nuances and ins and outs then are you even fucking trying?

I am now starting to remember something dupti said years ago, how it sucked for the most analytic players, the players who invest the most time and effort into the game, how they were the ones who were usually NKed first. So in effect you're disincentivizing those people to keep pushing the game forward. I suppose the counterbalance to that is that the players who survive are encouraged to pick up the slack and try to do the analysis and push and prod, but from what I've seen this game and last game that doesn't seem to be what really happens. I'm trying to give town the benefit of the doubt here and thinking people just need to ease back into mafia...

One day, when I become an SK again, I think I'll kill the people with the least numbers of contributing votes first. Maybe that will help encourage more activity?

- - - Updated - - -

Unvote

Robo seems to be still online, so I'm going to give him some time to at least try. Don't want scum waltzing in and just voting him off before he has the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I am now starting to remember something dupti said years ago, how it sucked for the most analytic players, the players who invest the most time and effort into the game, how they were the ones who were usually NKed first. So in effect you're disincentivizing those people to keep pushing the game forward. I suppose the counterbalance to that is that the players who survive are encouraged to pick up the slack and try to do the analysis and push and prod, but from what I've seen this game and last game that doesn't seem to be what really happens. I'm trying to give town the benefit of the doubt here and thinking people just need to ease back into mafia...

One day, when I become an SK again, I think I'll kill the people with the least numbers of contributing votes first. Maybe that will help encourage more activity?
    i mean im thoroughly confused why robo hasnt been killed because he is literally the single most analytical player we have had. we just havent seen it in this game i guess so they arent going after him.

Well, that's assuming he's motivated to try. We had a rampant problem last game where town players just fell on their own sword without even trying.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    if you dont have the past 125 games memorized and know every players nuances and ins and outs then are you even fucking trying?
    I though Bagel did

Eeexcept the Discussion thread isn't really updated often

(I'm joking, please don't hurt me)

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean you're not getting lynched if you do something about it. i feel the tiredness though. i just woke up after being asleep for a day basically after almost 3 days of not sleeping. my body is being fucky and sick and i hate it. not like flu sick but just no energy sick.
    I don't have the time or energy to fight it. I've been stuck in a sub 30 player BWL raid for 3 hours now because I feel stupidly obligated to help these guys, and should already be in bed so I can wake up for work. Next time I'll have free time to do anything is about 17 hours from now. Long before then I'll be lynched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    I don't have the time or energy to fight it. I've been stuck in a sub 30 player BWL raid for 3 hours now because I feel stupidly obligated to help these guys, and should already be in bed so I can wake up for work. Next time I'll have free time to do anything is about 17 hours from now. Long before then I'll be lynched.
    i'd just say fuck you guys and go to sleep. if you are in bwl for 3 hours you are doing something wrong and its a waste of time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well, that's assuming he's motivated to try. We had a rampant problem last game where town players just fell on their own sword without even trying.
    There was also a Townie mis-lynch. Let's try and not have that happen again lol

To be fair I can barely remember a persons name five minutes after meeting them you think I’m going to memorize all those fucking games? There ain’t no way

Welp, Robo says he's going to try 17 hours from now. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Vote Satsu

Come on out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    To be fair I can barely remember a persons name five minutes after meeting them you think I’m going to memorize all those fucking games? There ain’t no way
    i know you memorized my name BB <3