Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

RIP Troy 2020-2020

Looks like the real loser here will be the Epic store.

lol... mass unbreakable and mass unflankable.

so baiscally, it's alt+attack move all day every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-blog-july-2020/

They haven't done the official announcement yet, but CA have stated that the next DLC for TWW2 is going to be a lord pack, with one lord being for the Wood Elves and the other lord being from one of the original core races of TWW2. The FreeLC will be a hero unit of some sort. And if you own the Wood Elves DLC you get yet another legendary lord for the Wood Elves added at no additional cost. Plus they are reworking the Wood Elves in the patch that accompanies this DLC.

(Oh and just an aside, they say if you don't own the Wood Elves DLC and buy this DLC, you can still play the Wood Elves, just only the lord included in the Lord Pack and only in the Vortex Campaign.)
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2020-07-29 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

They haven't done the official announcement yet, but CA have stated that the next DLC for TWW2 is going to be a lord pack, with one lord being for the Wood Elves and the other lord being from one of the original core races of TWW2. The FreeLC will be a hero unit of some sort. And if you own the Wood Elves DLC you get yet another legendary lord for the Wood Elves added at no additional cost. Plus they are reworking the Wood Elves in the patch that accompanies this DLC.
    Other must be the Beastmen both of those races need a rewamp, unless they mean just high elfs, dark elves, lizardmen, tomb kings and skaven by core races.

Very nice.
    Do you hear the voices too?

(Oh and just an aside, they say if you don't own the Wood Elves DLC and buy this DLC, you can still play the Wood Elves, just only the lord included in the Lord Pack and only in the Vortex Campaign.)
    At fucking last, a new Wood Elf + Rework.

7+ Year Old Account

I hope the other one is Beastmen. They are really in need of a rework as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Reddit is speculating that TWW3 will be announced soon and Kislev will be one of the core races of it based on the wording in 'the future' section of that blog and their dropping similar hints previously (and the fact that Games Workshop put out that they were working on Kislev with their Old World tabletop reboot). Obviously one should take that with a huge grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative Assembly
    THE FUTURE
    One event the current world situation has certainly put the crimpers on is us announcing our next major Total War title.

As you can imagine it’s all a bit chaotic here at CA, so please bear with us.

One interesting bit from the blog post is that they are working on making the TW Access be able to link accounts on different store accounts so you could buy the base game at one place (like Epic) and the DLC at another (like Steam) and still be able to use them together.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Other must be the Beastmen both of those races need a rewamp, unless they mean just high elfs, dark elves, lizardmen, tomb kings and skaven by core races.

Very nice.
    Beastmen aren't a core original race though.

Which original race needs the most care now that greenskins have had their day in the spotlight recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

Which original race needs the most care now that greenskins have had their day in the spotlight recently?
    Chaos Warriors?

Empire, Orcs, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts have all had some level of rework.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Probably dwarfs. I remember they received the Tomb King crafts mechanic and one of their lords was moved to a different starting position, but they never got an actual rework.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Beastbois could use an update too.

What's a 'core race' for WHII Helfs, Delfs, Skaven and lizzos? I'd much prefer someone in the old world

Also, I'm so happy the Wood-elves are getting attention, being an early DLC has hurt them for a long time.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

7+ Year Old Account

The chaos warriors are the easy go-to, but they will without a doubt get a rework in TW3.

So i would go with Dwarfs. Not because they, or any other old world race, really need an update/rework that bad, but when it comes to the Dwarfs, they are the only race, who really only have 1 playstyle/area. Even if you choose the Slayer King, the experience is very much the same. They could need a lord in the new world or somewhere else than around Karaz Karak. Maybe also some new units, that offers differrent playstyles.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Chaos Warriors?

Empire, Orcs, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts have all had some level of rework.
    Chaos Warriors aren't technically an original race, they were a DLC (Even though they were available on launch day). Dwarfs could use it the most out of the originals, and VC are still a bit behind the power curve on campaign.

It is really the Game 1 DLC factions that are the urgently needed ones though. Chaos, Beastmen, and Wood Elves all have huge problems. Norsca could really use some love as well, as it isn't bad, it is just... well there isn't much meat on the bones there.

I suspect this lord pack will be Skaven/Vietcong Elves, the next will be a Beastmen/X lord pack. Toddy is the logical choice, but the Empire needs the least love, Beastmen/Dwarfs makes the most game development sense, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a BM/DE pack, just because they haven't done one without a WH2 race in it yet.

I know there is widely held believe we won't see a WoC rework in TW2, because it will be part of WH3, but I am less sure of that. WH3 doesn't seem to be coming any time soon, and a rework would be helpful for testing out some new ideas for WH3. I suspect both Beastmen and WoC are currently undergoing massive overhauls to the horde faction system, so they can have a system for similar factions in WH3 that actually works.

They might also want to get a WoC rework out of the way before WH3 to not take away from Chaos Dwarfs being added.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    They announced the DLC yesterday, 'The Twisted & The Twilight':

Throt the Unclean and the Sisters of Twilight (Naestra and Arahan) are the two new legendary lords. The FLC this patch is the Skaven Chieftain hero unit and the legendary lord Drycha for people who own the Wood Evles DLC. The DLC also includes Ariel as a hero for the Wood Elves and Ghoritch as a hero for the Skaven.

Chelly
    Also a lot of undocumented changes, such as giving arrows a 1.5 sec leniance period where they go through trees.
    Being able to up the difficulty of the Chaos Invasion.
    Being able to abandon settlements
    Foot lords have more mass now and aren't pushed around as much as they used to be.

There were people who legitimately thought it wasn't going to be Throt and that the Twins would be too hard.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

And they said this is not the last dlc. Woodelf campaign is about healing forest areas all around the world for Ariel.