Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Vois is done for now. Light is gonna be next. Light patch was already implied in SL.
    I really doubt 10.0 will be exclusively Light, they've pointed out it'll likely be Light and Void (maybe tied to EK/Kalimdor on Azeroth)

It absolutely might be the focus though. Between Turalyon/Calia/Yrel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I really doubt 10.0 will be exclusively Light, they've pointed out it'll likely be Light and Void (maybe tied to EK/Kalimdor on Azeroth)

It absolutely might be the focus though. Between Turalyon/Calia/Yrel.
    It's never exclusive. Legion had Nightmare, WotLK had Old Gods and trolls, WoD had BL, orcs, ogres and some Void
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel that is a bit off still. We know the Jailer and Sylvanas have plans for him, but none of what those plans are.

Personally I feel his plans are linked to Arthas, which is the kind of story that I feel is far off in the future.
    Well we don't have to achieve our goals in Season 2. We could just destroy or imprison Sylvanas, but Jailer achieve his goal with Anduin. I agree with Arthas, probably S2 ending will be his comeback. My point is after dealing with Denathrius problem next goal will be Anduin, and it's kinda obvious it will be dealt rather in raid than Torghast storyline.

Overall my current wishlist would be that (I know some people hate stuff like this, but this is fun for me):

All patches - more story in every patch, more Renown levels to fill up every single week until 9.3 right before last raid (so patch 9.1 launching 16 weeks after launch), more stuff in Torghast (in major patches)

9.1 - 16th March 21 - Maw updates, Necropolis Mythic only 8 boss megadungeon with Kel'Thuzad as final boss, flying

9.1.5 - 11th May 21 - Season 2, 9 boss Sylvanas raid in Maw, Brawler's Guild, Legion Timewalking, 9.1 dungeon starting as 2 new M+/Heroics

9.2 - 27th July 21 - Two more SL realms, with different style (one filled with rares/treasures TI, other something new), 4 boss dungeon

9.2.5 - 12th October 21 - Season 3, 2 raids launching same time: 5 boss and 4 boss (harder) in 2 new zones, Mage Tower return (solo bosses with one difficulty, tuned with S3 gear in mind), Throne of Thunder TW raid

9.3 7th December 21 - Last new SL realm (again small island TI/Mechagon style) and big update for Maw - new terrain with Jailer citadel and last 4 boss dungeon, end of Covenant campaign

January/February - Blizzcon '22 (let's hope normal one), reveal of 10.0 expansion

9.3.2 - 1st March 22 - Season 4, 10 boss raid, Jailer as final boss

9.3.5 - 17th May 22 - New battleground and storyline leading into 10.0 expansion.

10.0 - 18th October 22 - pre-patch

It's never exclusive. Legion had Nightmare, WotLK had Old Gods, WoD had BL, orcs, ogres and some Void
    I can see it being majority Light themed if the main races are Draenei, Human, Undead and Blood Elf (which is highly implied with Yrel, Lor and Valeera's new models, Calia and Turalyon/Anduin) but then it leaves everyone else (including Night Elves) with jack shit to do. Maybe Tauren get a plot if they want to get more into An'she.

I wonder if Azshara was left alive solely to give Nelves something to do.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-12-06 at 09:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel that is a bit off still. We know the Jailer and Sylvanas have plans for him, but none of what those plans are.

Personally I feel his plans are linked to Arthas, which is the kind of story that I feel is far off in the future.
    They wanted Anduin when they saw his Light powers. It has to be linked to this. Something about needing Light to go somewhere/do something. Maybe to shatter his prison or w/e.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see it being majority Light themed if the main races are Draenei, Human, Undead and Blood Elf (which is highly implied with Yrel, Lor and Valeera's new models, Calia and Turalyon/Anduin) but then it leaves everyone else (including Night Elves) with jack shit to do. Maybe Tauren get a plot if they want to get more into An'she.

I wonder if Azshara was left alive solely to give Nelves something to do.
    Nelves got plenty of screen time lately. And not every race has to have connections. Gnomes were just sticking around for years. So were Draenei WotLK to MoP.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Nelves got plenty of screen time lately. And not every race has to have connections. Gnomes were just sticking around for years. So were Draenei WotLK to MoP.
    The implication is that Nelves and their new capital will play a role in the story.

The only Light related thing on Kalimdor is the Draenei and arguably Tauren. You would need to drag out Azshara and maybe the elementals again (which has been implied) to give Kalimdor anything to do.

An EK-only expansion IS possible, but I don't think its likely. Unless they want to break the world revamp into two parts to make it more feasible.

7+ Year Old Account
    The implication is that Nelves and their new capital will play a role in the story.

The only Light related thing on Kalimdor is the Draenei and arguably Tauren. You would need to drag out Azshara and maybe the elementals again (which has been implied) to give Kalimdor anything to do.

An EK-only expansion IS possible, but I don't think its likely. Unless they want to break the world revamp into two parts.
    Eh? Why? You just show us a new, major threat and suddenly everyone has something to do. They all don't need a personal connection to the story.

Eh? Why?
    Because we've never had an EK/Kalimdor expansion where it's only one of the continents? It absolutely can be done but it hasn't before. The most likely reason would be to more smartly spread resources out.

But then again, the Draenei are on Kalimdor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because we've never had an EK/Kalimdor expansion where it's only one of the continents? It absolutely can be done but it hasn't before. The most likely reason would be to more smartly spread resources out.

But then again, the Draenei are on Kalimdor.
    What it has to do with anything? This is no unwritten rule.

What it has to do with anything? This is no unwritten rule.
    There isn't a rule, it's just something that hasn't been done before. If they want the Horde focus to be on Undead/Belf and Alliance focus to be on everyone that isn't Nelf/Draenei I can see it happening.

I would bet Light/Void over solely Light but yeah there is a chance that's the expac theme.

7+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a rule, it's just something that hasn't been done before. If they want the Horde focus to be on Undead/Belf and Alliance focus to be on everyone that isn't Nelf/Draenei I can see it happening.

I would bet Light/Void over solely Light but yeah there is a chance that's the expac theme.
    I mean, it's pretty guaranteed to have Void in Light xpac, seeing as these are opposing forces.

I mean, it's pretty guaranteed to have Void in Light xpac, seeing as these are opposing forces.
    And I agree that "Bad Light" would be a more controversial and more interesting theme to put on the box. Especially if it's Turalyon with a cool crown on.

From a dev perspective I would understand splitting the continents for expansions, but from a consumer standpoint I'd be a little mad that the monster races of the Horde got shafted for two expansions in a row (lets be real, aside from Draka and Thrall and Baine being there for reasons it's mostly an Alliance/Belf expansion).
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-12-06 at 10:16 PM.

They wanted Anduin when they saw his Light powers. It has to be linked to this. Something about needing Light to go somewhere/do something. Maybe to shatter his prison or w/e.

- - - Updated - - -

It must have something to do with Anduin wielding the Light, they did seem to put extra emphasis on him being able to channel it even in the Maw.

The Light does seem to do strange things to the Inhabitants of the Shadowlands, with the exception of Bastion each zone has had a distinct nighttime theme where we are clued in that something is wrong if it becomes daylight.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Hard to find anything better than thought and memes.

- - - Updated - - -

It must have something to do with Anduin wielding the Light, they did seem to put extra emphasis on him being able to channel it even in the Maw.

The Light does seem to do strange things to the Inhabitants of the Shadowlands, with the exception of Bastion each zone has had a distinct nighttime theme where we are clued in that something is wrong if it becomes daylight.
    Few people hated the light more than that guy who was ultra-focused on tea. I liked that dude.

Somehow I dig the story that the Jailer wants Anduin to become the new Lich King. Anduin just needs something to become an interesting character, of the entire main cast of major NPCs he's by far the most boring one (although he gets so much screentime).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by IWriteYourWowStory View Post
    Few people hated the light more than that guy who was ultra-focused on tea. I liked that dude.
    Theotar, Master of Tea. And courts. And tea being served at courts.

Story hook suggestion: Anduin piping Sylvanas.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-09 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Story hook suggestion: Anduin piping Sylvanas.
    Okay, I didn't need that mental image OR that picture, so thanks a ton buddy.

I really don't think the Maw is the sort of place love blooms, thankfully.

Though if Nathanos is still around and has to watch I guess maybe it could be justified.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

So how are people feling about their covenant choices so far, specifically onyl those who chose based on aesthetics or how the ability feels, not how the ability sims.

Had a brief moment of buyers remorse last week when the Necrolord story was fairly bland, especially compared to the Bastion storyline I have on an alt. But this week I felt vindicated when the Necrolords finally stole Zerekriss and I got to experience exactly what I wanted out of the Necrolords, even more so compared to the Bastion story that felt like it was losing steam quickly now that we are just waiting to meet Uther again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm content with my Kyrian stuff although their vendors has a hatred of two handed swords >(GIANT SIZED WEAPONS......yay) Otherwise I'm ok with my decision. I couldn't do Necrolords, 1 the theme isn't for me even though I like it for what it is, it doesn't fit my character. Ardenweald is nice but I think how Winter Queen acted at the end of the questline made me go ".......Nah I'll stick with Kyrians" Admittingly I think some of their stuff might be interesting(Their ability they give is almost the same as Kyrian but its a stun and flashy).

The soulshape thing is a nice idea but I assume you don't have many choices in what soulshape to have.

Revandreth all about the gothic vampires and well I didn't like the ability nor well their ways didn't gel but again I respect what they are and I believe they fit in Fantasy and Wow so I'm good. Door of Shadows IS definitely pretty good but I'm ok with not having it. Kyrian steward..................eh not that great if I'm honest. I dunno what I'd replace it with though :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi