Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Leveling a BM hunter - Insane.

So I dont mean to come to your class forum being a dick, but o m g. Im leveling 10 allied races slowly through rested XP at the same time since pre-patch dropped, and Im trying out specs I have not played before. And holy jesus...BM hunter is so strong, so powerful, so fast a leveler its not even on the same level - Balance druid, arms warrior, sub rogue, tank/dps monk, arcane mage...etc etc. Trying all these specs on the other 10 alts.

I do the same quest routes as all the others (5 hord, 5 ally), so when I struggle / slow down on an elite quest or something, and then when its my BM hunters time, its like...Night and day. I destroy, murder and maim anything. All my alts are using BIS enchanted heirlooms.

I've always hated pets in wow, so usually my old hunter alt was MM, but trying out BM hunter now, especially with how insane they were in BFA, even changed my "I hate all pets in wow cause of its dumb AI that keeps you stuck in combat and pets pulls shit for you" mindset.

The insane thing with BM hunter is also that all its abilities are instant cast - If Cobra shot, or multishot at least had a cast time, it would be a bit less insane, but I can do 100% of my normal rotation and damage even while moving...Dont think any other classes in wow can do this.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing ever should be nerfed due to their ability to quest.

BM has always had mobility. But they are far from broken. Lets wait to see how the first few weeks of Rated PVP and Heroic/Mythic Raids and M+ shake out, id be willing to bet that you will not see any BM stacking. BM has always been a go to spec for world solo content, but even then, it doesn't automatically allow bad players to solo world bosses etc.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters have always been insane at soloing. Especially in a leveling environment where there's little to no unavoidable AOE damage. I would actually say hunters are less powerful at soloing than they were in the past.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So I dont mean to come to your class forum being a dick, but o m g. Im leveling 10 allied races slowly through rested XP at the same time since pre-patch dropped, and Im trying out specs I have not played before. And holy jesus...BM hunter is so strong, so powerful, so fast a leveler its not even on the same level - Balance druid, arms warrior, sub rogue, tank/dps monk, arcane mage...etc etc. Trying all these specs on the other 10 alts.

I do the same quest routes as all the others (5 hord, 5 ally), so when I struggle / slow down on an elite quest or something, and then when its my BM hunters time, its like...Night and day. I destroy, murder and maim anything. All my alts are using BIS enchanted heirlooms.

I've always hated pets in wow, so usually my old hunter alt was MM, but trying out BM hunter now, especially with how insane they were in BFA, even changed my "I hate all pets in wow cause of its dumb AI that keeps you stuck in combat and pets pulls shit for you" mindset.

The insane thing with BM hunter is also that all its abilities are instant cast - If Cobra shot, or multishot at least had a cast time, it would be a bit less insane, but I can do 100% of my normal rotation and damage even while moving...Dont think any other classes in wow can do this.
    Does it matter how good they are at leveling if at 60 in mythic dungeon gear they fall well enough below MM to make most hunters play a different spec?

So your suggestion is a nerf? What if i told you i could level twice as fast on a Blood DK or Prot Pally would you want to change those specs so they had a harder time leveling regardless of what that meant for them at max level? Further BM hunters pets are squishy AF compared to the past. This is the worst the spec has felt to level since they were unkillable (while leveling) in Legion.

I dont understand how an alleged human being can sit down and write this shit and think to themselves "this is an amazing and orignal idea, the community must hear about this"

Are you new to wow? If so BM has been this way for several years, (Legion, BFA, Now Slands). Theyre basically a melee spec with 40 yard range on everything. Their only cast is Dismiss Pet.

Yes hunter is strong for levelling, it's not like this has ever been a secret considering the same was true in Vanilla. And when you get to max, BM has for several years been the easiest class to play at a high level, given that it's (as mentioned above) a melee dps with a 40yard range and a personal tank. This is not news, it's like you turn up late to a party and come to the revelation "whoaaa alcohol makes people drunk!"
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The only weakness BM has is having so much of its power tied to a pet which can be killed if not properly healed/managed.

Its great for leveling because its basically impossible for mobs to kill your pet, and even if they do you can always just run away and rez it.

In PVP its another story, good luck getting a pet rez off in arena. Also rezzing your pet in PVE raids will result in losing dps, so it does eventually lose its insane appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Does it matter how good they are at leveling if at 60 in mythic dungeon gear they fall well enough below MM to make most hunters play a different spec?

So your suggestion is a nerf? What if i told you i could level twice as fast on a Blood DK or Prot Pally would you want to change those specs so they had a harder time leveling regardless of what that meant for them at max level? Further BM hunters pets are squishy AF compared to the past. This is the worst the spec has felt to level since they were unkillable (while leveling) in Legion.

I dont understand how an alleged human being can sit down and write this shit and think to themselves "this is an amazing and orignal idea, the community must hear about this"
    Im actually lvling a prot paladin also. Sure good aoe and survival, but sloow single target. BM hunter does everything meanwhile, especially once level 32 for beastcleave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Yes hunter is strong for levelling, it's not like this has ever been a secret considering the same was true in Vanilla. And when you get to max, BM has for several years been the easiest class to play at a high level, given that it's (as mentioned above) a melee dps with a 40yard range and a personal tank. This is not news, it's like you turn up late to a party and come to the revelation "whoaaa alcohol makes people drunk!"
    I haven't played as I mentioned in the OP, Im not a fan of pets Allied races is zzz even if its fast now, but to spice it up im playing specs I have not played ever since vanilla. Honestly, as I said in the OP of 10 spec's, BM hunter blows them all out of the water so badly it feels like not wow, another game. He'll its even easy and fun enough rotation. Nothing to track or keep up with, just 4 buttons or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    The only weakness BM has is having so much of its power tied to a pet which can be killed if not properly healed/managed.
    Thats UNHOLY DK, you have a pet rez cooldown, if your pet dies, your DPS is gone for 30s. BM can spam pet rez, pet killing boss mechanic? pet rez, you failed to babysit your pet? pet rez.

There is no penealty as BM for playing bad as a pet class. You lose the least amount of DPS from every pet class even if you dont care about your pet. You also can just make a MACRO with the pet as condition and just REZ YOUR PET while PASSIVE spamming your DPS rotation. You will not even cast manually pet rez, it will get casted with a stupid macro. You can completly ignore your pet and if it dies, the auto-failback macro will take care of your pet.

BM hunter is faceroll with low gear since 16 years (VANILLA MARAUDON RUNS basicly flooded the game the very first time with endless gold from green geared BM hunters) and it got only easier over time.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-12-07 at 06:50 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Thats UNHOLY DK, you have a pet rez cooldown, if your pet dies, your DPS is gone for 30s. BM can spam pet rez, pet killing boss mechanic? pet rez, you failed to babysit your pet? pet rez.

There is no penealty as BM for playing bad as a pet class. You lose the least amount of DPS from every pet class even if you dont care about your pet. You also can just make a MACRO with the pet as condition and just REZ YOUR PET while PASSIVE spamming your DPS rotation. You will not even cast manually pet rez, it will get casted with a stupid macro. You can completly ignore your pet and if it dies, the auto-failback macro will take care of your pet.

BM hunter is faceroll with low gear since 16 years (VANILLA MARAUDON RUNS basicly flooded the game the very first time with endless gold from green geared BM hunters) and it got only easier over time.
    why do you sound so angry?

also OP is obviously a noob.

Pointless thread is pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    Are you new to wow? If so BM has been this way for several years, (Legion, BFA, Now Slands). Theyre basically a melee spec with 40 yard range on everything. Their only cast is Dismiss Pet.
    Revive pet if you were asleep on the job =P

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Nothing ever should be nerfed due to their ability to quest.

BM has always had mobility. But they are far from broken. Lets wait to see how the first few weeks of Rated PVP and Heroic/Mythic Raids and M+ shake out, id be willing to bet that you will not see any BM stacking. BM has always been a go to spec for world solo content, but even then, it doesn't automatically allow bad players to solo world bosses etc.
    Maybe it doesn’t allow bad players to solo world bosses but it still makes it possible for mediocre players to solo most rares in the Maw. Something a lot of other classes cannot do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post

Well BM is pretty OP in solo content like the Maw and Torghast. So the thread is not completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Maybe it doesn’t allow bad players to solo world bosses but it still makes it possible for mediocre players to solo most rares in the Maw. Something a lot of other classes cannot do.

- - - Updated - - -

Well BM is pretty OP in solo content like the Maw and Torghast. So the thread is not completely pointless.
    Then those are balance problems with Torghast. Those are problems with the strength of enemies in The Maw. Those aren't things you nerf a spec over because they're amazing in solo content. No class has ever been changed because of that reason. They didn't nerf blood DKs when they were demolishing raids no one else could do solo.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

15+ Year Old Account
    BM hunter and affliction lock (Historically speaking, don’t know about current xpac.) have been the absolute easiest classes/specs to level. That’s been true for the life of the game.

The worst spec I ever leveled was balance Druid or enhancement shaman (Okay, I started doing it at 70 not from 1 so admittedly I had no idea how to play it.) .

Saying BM hunter is easy to level to this crowd is like telling us rogues can stealth.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Been like this since the launch of wow 15+ years ago. What else have you discovered that few people knew about? :P

TBH, the fact that BM hunters are good at solo play is one of theyre strenghts and nothing should be done to ruin that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I can solo 62 rares in the maw on my lock and my vengeance dh. BM does not enable anything a lot of other classes cant do.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Im actually lvling a prot paladin also. Sure good aoe and survival, but sloow single target. BM hunter does everything meanwhile, especially once level 32 for beastcleave.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't played as I mentioned in the OP, Im not a fan of pets Allied races is zzz even if its fast now, but to spice it up im playing specs I have not played ever since vanilla. Honestly, as I said in the OP of 10 spec's, BM hunter blows them all out of the water so badly it feels like not wow, another game. He'll its even easy and fun enough rotation. Nothing to track or keep up with, just 4 buttons or so.
    As someone maining both a Prot Paladin and a Hunter for my guild in Shadowlands, Prot Pally may be slower single target, but when it comes to doing things like quests as Prot, I can pull 10+ mobs and whittle them down a lot faster than my hunter can go pulling 10 mobs individually and killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Hunters have always been insane at soloing. Especially in a leveling environment where there's little to no unavoidable AOE damage. I would actually say hunters are less powerful at soloing than they were in the past.
    Bring back the +healing mend pet build.

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post

Im a noob? Mate I have played since vanilla, hell I have a few top 100 world kills under my belt and I was ranked 2600 achieve nerd before shadowlands world and I have amassed over 50 million gold in wow...Its people like you that assume something without reading the OP...I specifically said Im playing spec's I had never played with before to try something new, cause even if leveling is better now, its still boring.

Also did you even play BFA? BM hunters we're insane - Very little gear to dominate mythic+. Go search "BM hunter mythic+ guide" and see all the stupid BFA guides. Also paladin and BM hunter from what I know is the 2 most played classes in wow...Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    As someone maining both a Prot Paladin and a Hunter for my guild in Shadowlands, Prot Pally may be slower single target, but when it comes to doing things like quests as Prot, I can pull 10+ mobs and whittle them down a lot faster than my hunter can go pulling 10 mobs individually and killing them.
    But im doing the same on my BM hunter, just not quit as safe. He'll one could argue its even faster due to better ranged pulls and damage spikes with CD's thats up all the time...Beastial wrath is like the perfect CD in wow...Short, impactful.

You should tell that to the guy who made a thread about how useless and weak BM hunters are.