Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 2, 2021

Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 2, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Covenants

• Bastion
      • Fixed an issue where “Mysterious Soul Mirror” could not be turned in by characters who have completed the Kyrian campaign.
    • Night Fae
      • Dreamweaver’s (Soulbind) Soothing Voice can now be removed by Cloak of Shadows.

Dungeons and Raids

• Mythic Keystone Dungeons
      • Damage taken from Grievous (Affix) will now reduce the duration of Shadow Mend's damage over time effect on the ally.
    • Plaguefall
      • Rigged Plagueborers cast Wretched Phlegm less frequently.

World Quests

• Fixed an issue during the Bastion world quest "Flight School: Up and Away!" where a single flower could trigger multiple jumps.

Fixed an issue during the Bastion world quest "Flight School: Up and Away!" where a single flower could trigger multiple jumps.
    What about fixing the flower hitboxes first.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicles View Post
    Nothing is more fun than landing directly in the middle of a flower and going straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Nothing is more fun than landing directly in the middle of a flower and going straight through.
    Fix your camera angle?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Fix your camera angle?
    What does camera angle have to do with landing directly in the middle of a flower? Camera angle does not affect your flower hitbox.

For the record, I always have the camera to where I see straight down the middle of my character so I can line it up with a flower. I've also tried it from different sides and angles, same affect. I'm also not the only person as you can clearly see others around you having the same issue.

What does camera angle have to do with landing directly in the middle of a flower? Camera angle does not affect your flower hitbox.

For the record, I always have the camera to where I see straight down the middle of my character so I can line it up with a flower. I've also tried it from different sides and angles, same affect. I'm also not the only person as you can clearly see others around you having the same issue.
    If you have some kind of water walking effect and you want to swim, you need to angle your camera downward to fall into the water. I've found that if I correct my camera angle with my right mouse button I don't fall through.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

If you have some kind of water walking effect and you want to swim, you need to angle your camera downward to fall into the water. I've found that if I correct my camera angle with my right mouse button I don't fall through.
    So sounds exactly like something that should be fixed, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

This...Falling through them is a lot bigger issue than sometimes getting "doublejump" #Blizzpriorities

About the camera angle: ALWAYS looking from above down to see the top of my character`s head...
    Last edited by cateran100; 2021-02-03 at 10:54 AM.

They actually made a hotfix for the flower hitboxes and said it should work properly now but I haven't done it in weeks... I guess they didn't solve it xD

I'm confused what does the water walking have to do with the flowers from the Up and Away world quest? There's no water or anything. You literally fly in the air and fall down and have to hit a "hitbox" in order to fly back up. Yes, I always have my camera rotating with my because it's easier for me to see better but that has no impact on the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    They actually made a hotfix for the flower hitboxes and said it should work properly now but I haven't done it in weeks... I guess they didn't solve it xD
    Honestly, when they said they "fixed" it I felt like the problem got worse.

Can confirm. Two weeks ago it took 36 attempts before I finally completed it. Last week was only 17 attempts.
    keep it posi.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So sounds exactly like something that should be fixed, no?
    Hope you enjoy never being able to get into Blackfathom Deeps ever again if you wipe or to your body if you ever die underwater.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused what does the water walking have to do with the flowers from the Up and Away world quest? There's no water or anything. You literally fly in the air and fall down and have to hit a "hitbox" in order to fly back up. Yes, I always have my camera rotating with my because it's easier for me to see better but that has no impact on the quest.

It's the same kind of mechanics. When I keep my camera angle up high I never fall through the flowers. Blizz seems to have adopted the mechanic behind what I just mentioned to the flowers.

Agreed, fixes just make it worse. I never had problems with the jellyfish quest in Naz before it was fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm. Two weeks ago it took 36 attempts before I finally completed it. Last week was only 17 attempts.
    You've got to be joking. Even at its worst it never took me more than three. You're seriously doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds more like a you-problem and less like a game-problem.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You've got to be joking. Even at its worst it never took me more than three. You're seriously doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Not sure how it's a me problem when that was 35 times falling through the middle of flowers.
    keep it posi.

Not sure how it's a me problem when that was 35 times falling through the middle of flowers.
    Did you fix your camera angle so you don't fall on through? Or grab a slow fall item or toy to give it more time to register your location? If the answer is no, then it's a you problem.

Did you fix your camera angle so you don't fall on through? Or grab a slow fall item or toy to give it more time to register your location? If the answer is no, then it's a you problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

It's not a player problem it is a game problem. Here's a video that someone posted to reddit that illustrates it perfectly. You can see in a few spots where they drop down in the middle of a flower because of how poor the hitbox. Regardless of what workaround may work from time to time, it doesn't always work and we shouldn't be having this problem to begin with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ay_a_dev_came/

It's not a player problem it is a game problem. Here's a video that someone posted to reddit that illustrates it perfectly. You can see in a few spots where they drop down in the middle of a flower because of how poor the hitbox. Regardless of what workaround may work from time to time, it doesn't always work and we shouldn't be having this problem to begin with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ay_a_dev_came/
    That's like saying it's a game problem that you run forward when you click both mouse buttons. The fact that there's a reddit video showing that people are completely unaware of the game controls does not surprise me.

That's like saying it's a game problem that you run forward when you click both mouse buttons. The fact that there's a reddit video showing that people are completely unaware of the game controls does not surprise me.
    Again, it is not the game controls at all. It is an issue with the mini-game itself. You can deny it all you want when the proof is there. You can try every single control in the game and still have issues. Heck, I've even tried the "levitate" thing you mentioned before and that causes way more issues. Sometimes you'll just continuing flying past whatever flower because you are levitating, sometimes it drops off. The problem is the mini game is extremely inconsistent. You found a method that works for you? Great, but it doesn't work for everyone especially when latency is a factor.

Just like the mini game where you have the spears above and below you if you do the Paragon's Challenge. The hitbox it uses is inconsistent as you have small races using hitboxes that are 2-3x bigger than the, bigger races having their hitboxes be smaller, etc.