Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Outland greens vs lvl60 epics.

So as the title says, are lvl57-60 outland greens comparable to any lvl60 epics?

Depending on which epics you look at. Naxx is prob still better at least until Nagrand, some say you can wear that in TBC raids tho.. If it's an old char with BWL gear, very likely that HFP will replace most of it.

Good naxx gear won't be replaced until T4 content/heroic dungeons. T1/T2 gear will be replaced rather quickly

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt it that major problem naxx raiders talked about? People changed some epics for greenies back in the days, it pissed the most raiders off for real "I DIDNT RAID FOR CHANGE IT IN A SEC AFTER NEXT XPAC RELEASED!1". Afair people always change stuff after 5-6 levels, atleast It always felt that way
    But I believe there are some weapons you use even after lvl 70, Thunderfury If i recall? Maybe T3 bonuses, I dont know tbh.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I remember I got the server first kill of Night Wing in Karazhan back in the day in almost Full T3 Gear on my warlock. T3 was OP asf tho, It was like you're a walking god amongst men, esp if you faced other players in BGs in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post
    I remember I got the server first kill of Night Wing in Karazhan back in the day in almost Full T3 Gear on my warlock. T3 was OP asf tho, It was like you're a walking god amongst men, esp if you faced other players in BGs in vanilla.
    How far did you go with tier3?

So you have an idea, pre raid bis is better than full naxx gear but not by a lot

3+ Year Old Account
    You will use the Outland greenies and especially socketed TBC blues with new stats rather than any epic equipment from Vanilla except the rare KT trinket or some insane BiS weapon.

TLDR: Don't farm Naxx, it is not worth the time/gold investment, those items will go to the trash can in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Wasnt it that major problem naxx raiders talked about? People changed some epics for greenies back in the days, it pissed the most raiders off for real "I DIDNT RAID FOR CHANGE IT IN A SEC AFTER NEXT XPAC RELEASED!1". Afair people always change stuff after 5-6 levels, atleast It always felt that way
    But I believe there are some weapons you use even after lvl 70, Thunderfury If i recall? Maybe T3 bonuses, I dont know tbh.
    Even tier 2.5 will propably last till heroics, but anything below that will get replaced atleast by nagrand.

I didn't raid in TBC, because was in the army from the start and then got injured, but I do remember my guildies saying they went almost full T3/naxx gear to the first raid tier and upgraded gear as they got more from the raid. It wasn't that they couldn't upgrade their gear, but they wanted to go to the raid as soon as possible and found out that you really didn't need maxed out pre-raid gear to start raiding.

Looking back now, dps probably won't be your problem, but stamina will probably be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    So as the title says, are lvl57-60 outland greens comparable to any lvl60 epics?
    Depends on epic level. Most gonna be replaced on 1st quests in hellfire penisula that is the true. Maybe some naxx/aq40 gear would be valuable longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    I recall seeing Thunderfury in Black Temple, but i mostly recall crying raiders replacing their gear extremely quickly - or being one-shot by random stuff because the old gear had barely any stamina.

Naxx gear might hold up a little better, but that shit was rare back in the day, though mostly due to tedium and time constraints.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started right before Phase 2. So leveling was a bit of a nightmare. I got burnt out by 55. A year later a started back up. Basically, I missed the starting window for raiding. So in an odd turn of events, I won't end up with that feeling of disappointment of replacing my hard earned raiding gear with greens and blues.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I distinctly remember hearing this. Blizzard had to fix this for future expansions, but even Wrath still had this issue a bit, and Cata to a degree.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It depends more on the item than it's source but generally MC gets replaced within Hellfire-Zangarmarsh cycle with some better items lasting later and BWL stuff starts seeing replacement from Zangar onwards bit by bit depending on particular item. AQ40+ stuff generally speaking lasts til 68-70 but once again, there's variables regarding what item it is that is preserved.

- - - Updated - - -

It was major problem that was talked about before TBC launch but after it launched most realized that Naxx gear was viable all the way up to 70 and was used in some world first clears of heroic dungeons and good way into Kara as well.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Almost all of the vanilla gear will be pretty much instantly replaced. T3 was initially still very useful in endgame content, but after they've massively buffed the tbc gear in I think 2.1, T3 became useless. We will most likely already have the "proper" itemized TBC items, so forget about getting vanilla items to be good early on in TBC.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-05 at 02:28 PM.

The general consensus was that you replaced your gear with the first pretty green in the next expansion. Now, keep in mind alot of the player base is retarded and wouldn't know what is good without a constant sim. Especially back then.

So they may be right if you have cruddy T1 gear or less. Otherwise, already BC->Wrath and on atleast, the gear had so many gem slots in later tier it lasted multiple levels (unless I wanted to stamina stuff to death). Can't say in 60->70, but I'd suspect the same to be true.

people cleared kara in T3, you won't replace things until you start getting tier bonuses.

Tbc halved the cost for stamina budget, so new gear had double the amount of stamina and allowed a much, much easier time surviving.
    T3 is good for levelling to 70, but the lack of hit points becomes very annoying past 67-68.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Good naxx gear won't be replaced until T4 content/heroic dungeons. T1/T2 gear will be replaced rather quickly
    People said this during TBC and it was wrong then, too. A lot of tier 3 can be replaced by early dungeon blues. The rest of Tier 3 is easily replaced by level 70 blues. The only reason people were still wearing Tier 3 during their Karazhan clears is because they were going for world/server firsts and didn't want to spend time gearing up when the content wasn't difficult enough to require it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu