Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    We are way past that treeshold already. WoW was reduced to typical anime trope of "We killed 8-winged angel but oh noes its 10-winged angel what will we do??" long ago.

Another big problem is that since all those big bads lack any buildup (compared to say LK or even orignal old god fights) its really difficult to get invested into them.

As long as its a profitable game a new higher tier of "no, swear on me mum THIS is the world ending big bad, for real this time!" randos will be farted out to serve as a inconsequential loot pinata. When a spin off from a linear narrative becomes persistent eventually it exhausts those story hooks and has to degenerate to the soap opera format of constant drama and rotating villains just to keep arses in seats so to speak.

You aren't going to get a "you did it, finally everyone is safe and the wars are over" till the day the servers shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think we'll probably end up going to other planets like in SWTOR in future expansions. There's only soo much you can explore on Azeroth right?
    is there? every other expansion a new landmass just magically appears. nortrhend, pandaland, broken isles, kul tiras/zandalar/nazjatar/mechagon and a whole slew or minor areas. some of those had pre-existing lore and some not so much.

what's going to stop them from conjuring more out of thin air? the map screen getting to cluttered?

Doesn't matter if we run out of "gods"
    Look at WoW, look at all the super beings we've killed/beaten

Onyxia,Nefarian,C'thun,Gruul,Magtheridon,Illidan,Kil'jaeden, Archimonde,Lich King, Yogg Saron, Deathwing, Cho'gall, Gul'dan, N'zoth, Argus, Aszhara... You get my point

We've already beaten super powers and gods, yet they keep writing bosses/lore where we have issues fighting against trash mobs. What i'm trying to say is, is that we could kill all the gods inthe WoW universe and the next expansion they'll some how come up with a new boss who's SOME HOW stronger than all the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yo we heard you were running out of gods to slay so we put gods inside your gods that pop out when you kill those gods and more gods so you'll never run out of gods! Now go kill ten Orcs and farm ten boar asses or something." - Blizzard
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

eventually dungeon trash packs will consist of pantheons of titans. Minibosses will be first ones. Dungeon bosses will be the creators of first ones. Raid bosses will be the creators of the creators of first ones. Bigger and bigger and bigger. Pull back and look at the big picture and you will see it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No. The Jailer proves Blizzard will just retcon existing lore to create a new god for us to kill.
    What was retconned to make the Jailer a character?

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Well see here's the thing: Sargeras wasn't killed. They potentially don't kill Zovall or Sylvanas either as... well, Revendreth is a thing. We beat Helya twice and she's still back!

There's "killing" and there's "shelving until later." Hell ARTHAS is back on the board! One of the main themes of shadowlands is that death is a "new beginning." They've literally canonized "no one's dead unless you see the corpse, and stay staring at it!"

So it's fine. It's a cycle. One they can turn as long as they want!
    To be fair those mentioned were undead/immortal to begin with. For Gul'dan blizz needed alternate time dimension shenigans, while, due to how powerful magic is in a fantasy setting, wasn't even required to resurrect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We've been killing gods since Vanilla so what's the issue? There's plenty to explore so we're not going to run out of powerful opponents.
    What god did we kill? The OGs are insects compared to titans and not literal gods. They're glorified semen.

7+ Year Old Account
    We haven't killed any Gods...Argus was taken by the Titans, we would've died there if the Titans weren't there to resurrect us and give us powerful boons to aid us in our fight...because we died and the rest of them are locked away in the Seat of Pantheon and they're the closest thing to Gods we've seen so far!

and The Old gods aren't really gods...they're parasites, insects, tossed out into The Great Beyond hoping to cling to a power they themselves do not have! The only thing we came close to killing that was god like was Lei Shen the Thunder King but he was just another Titan Keeper, and even then we had the power of the Celestials at our backs (...literally)

So what gods are you exactly referring too? Because we haven't really killed any of them...
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2021-02-14 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    What god did we kill? The OGs are insects compared to titans and not literal gods. They're glorified semen.
    What do you consider to be a "god" in Warcraft? I think anything that holds vast power with a following should count as some kind of god, especially if they're able to create life on their own.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you consider to be a "god" in Warcraft? I think anything that holds vast power with a following should count as some kind of god, especially if they're able to create life on their own.
    Titans are the closest thing to being a god in the Warcraft Universe...that's why the parasites want to infect them to grasp for power, the second closest thing to godhood is maybe...Void Lords, but they get weaker when they enter reality/realm so that's why they seek to claim a Titan to be Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Titans are the closest thing to being a god in the Warcraft Universe...that's why the parasites want to infect them to grasp for power
    Then we have very different views over what counts as a god.

If we equate the titans to your typical greek mythology gods which is what they somewhat resemble, the old gods are simply monsters made by the greek mythology titans, the void lords. Many other games and books have had supremely powerful beings that were not gods that fit your description. The old gods are not gods(perhaps the originally intended on them being such, but it's not the case).

7+ Year Old Account
    Then we have very different views over what counts as a god.
    What? No we don't have a different view on anything, in the game Titans are closest thing to being Gods that we've seen. This isn't about views, this is facts and lore...lol

If we equate the titans to your typical greek mythology gods which is what they somewhat resemble, the old gods are simply monsters made by the greek mythology titans, the void lords. Many other games and books have had supremely powerful beings that were not gods that fit your description. The old gods are not gods(perhaps the originally intended on them being such, but it's not the case).
    Personally I would put them on the same level as the Hecatoncheires, or Hundred-Handers.

There's no such thing as "literal god". I don't mean that as an edgy fedora statement, I mean that there is no literal boundary between "god" and "not good". The only thing that makes a god, a god, is that someone views them as such.

The Old Gods are certainly god-like entities. A single one can consume an entire planet and bring about the end of the universe. You say they were insects to the Titans, but the idea of their corruptive capability and their agenda was so terrifying to Sargeras, the strongest of the Titans sans Azeroth, that he decided the best option was wiping out the entire universe. The fact that there are stronger entities doesn't make them not gods.

What? No we don't have a different view on anything, in the game Titans are closest thing to being Gods that we've seen. This isn't about views, this is facts and lore...lol
    Not only is this just a poor view to hold, it's not even factually accurate in lore. The Void Lords aren't weaker than Titans, they just can't manifest more than a fraction of their power in the physical realm. The Titans also aren't even remotely close to being "gods" they're just a large race of extremely advanced people. If anything is close to being a "god" that we've seen, it's Elune, who seems capable of effortlessly manifesting her power on countless worlds across the universe (the Titans have to travel from planet to planet like any other normal being), and the First Ones, who seem capable of creating titan-level pantheons.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2021-02-14 at 03:25 AM.

If you're trying to assume your definition of what counts as a god is somehow superior than mine then I'm not going to have this argument. In-game plenty of beings are called gods and worshipped. Being a god is a wide spectrum, similar to Japanese gods.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're trying to assume your definition of what counts as a god is somehow superior than mine then I'm not going to have this argument. In-game plenty of beings are called gods and worshipped. Being a god is a wide spectrum, similar to Japanese gods.
    No, I'm talking about a fucking video game my guy...by power, and scale, of what they've done that we know of...Titans are the closest thing to being a God(s). I have no idea what further point you're trying to make or whatever I don't really give a shit, this is a website about video games.

I'm just saying by example of feats completed and power at hand...Titans are the closest thing to being Gods we've seen in game so far. I don't care if other things can be worshipped, they still don't have the power of the Titans so anything below them is not God like
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2021-02-14 at 03:32 AM.

No, I'm talking about a fucking video game my guy...by power, and scale, of what they've done that we know of...Titans are the closest thing to being a God(s). I have no idea what further point you're trying to make or whatever I don't really give a shit, this is a website about video games. I'm just saying by example of feats completed and power at hand...Titans are the closest thing to being a Gods we've seen in game
    And I'm trying to explain there is no "closest thing to being a god". You're either powerful enough to be considered a god or not.