Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you cant go wrong with warlock (well demo was kinda weak compared to affi and destro, so technicaly you can ), especialy affi was amazing, it had great dmg, some utilities, and was fun as hell, i mained it in vanila and TBC, and only "left" him as main in wotlk bcs i fell in love with DK
    Indeed. My first toon in WoW was a warlock. Started 4 months before BC, did gladiator in BC with SL/SL and a resto druid friend and mained him until they Legion after the removed Metamorphosis. The best period i had with him was BC, WoTLK and MoP. Can't wait to play it again with my fel pup out. Only difference is i am going from gnome back in 2006 to orc now

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Indeed. My first toon in WoW was a warlock. Started 4 months before BC, did gladiator in BC with SL/SL and a resto druid friend and mained him until they Legion after the removed Metamorphosis. The best period i had with him was BC, WoTLK and MoP. Can't wait to play it again with my fel pup out. Only difference is i am going from gnome back in 2006 to orc now
    god MoP with glyph of dark apothesis or what was the name was amazing
    my first char was troll priest back in in march 2005, but i ended in 30ish levels and tried different chars, and then i run into warlock and that was it

It's definitely not pay to win, but could be pretty detrimental to the levelling scene after TBC release. Initially it won't matter too much as there will be the new race levelling but a month or so later when thats not the case, could be the easiest route leading to the further emptying of levelling areas. Just speculating

It's an ingredient of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caszadhuum View Post
    It's definitely not pay to win, but could be pretty detrimental to the levelling scene after TBC release. Initially it won't matter too much as there will be the new race levelling but a month or so later when thats not the case, could be the easiest route leading to the further emptying of levelling areas. Just speculating
    Except Draenei/belf are being offered during pre patch

Ahh yes I forgot that!

Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    There shouldn't be any boosts at all. This is just a convenient cash grab for Acti-Blizz. And it goes against the entire ethos of Classic WoW.
    It isn't just a convenient cash grab for Acti-Blizz, it's really fucking convenient for me and my friends. I played the classes I wanted to in Classic, and these are not the same classes I want to play in TBC. Having levelled three characters to 60, I just do not want to level again if I can avoid it through in-bounds means.

Also, I have a few friends who were hoping TBC would launch at some point but never played Classic because it wasn't their cup of tea. Now, they can join and enrich the TBC community without having to go through the lengthy and unenjoyable (for them) experience getting to 60 will be.

Cheers, Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    It's an ingredient of winning.
    It's like getting a friend to drive you to within 50 feet of where the race starts. But you have far worse shoes than the other runners, havn't trained yourself properly and have no power gel to help get you through.

There are absolutely no ingredients of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    If only you can read their statements by saying that it will not work on blood elfs/draneis hence you cannot use it to boost paladins in horde and shamans in alliance, which negates any argument you can spew out. Another day in the forum, another dude is clueless but make 5000 iq statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    Did you miss the following?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Getting a single character to level 58 is not "winning" WoW.

That is all.
    When you are paying actual money to avoid playing part of the game it is pay to win

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    When you are paying actual money to avoid playing part of the game it is pay to win

That is all
    Your feelings are not factual. It is not pay to win. The closest thing you could get to P2W in WoW is buying PvP ranks.

10+ Year Old Account

That is all
    What part of tbc are you winning by being 58 with a 60% mount? Are you winning tbc paying a mage to level you to 58 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Good fucking God

Anyway, nothing about WoW has ever been pay to win. But that won’t stop someone from screaming about it every time they sell a new mount. Or offer a benign transfer service.
    On Shadowlands you are currently able to spend USD on a virtual currency that allows you to buy literally the best items in the game in terms of player power in a few slots. I'd call that pay to win.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Your feelings are not factual. It is not pay to win. The closest thing you could get to P2W in WoW is buying PvP ranks.
    I'm sorry but your feelings are not factual. It is pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    What part of tbc are you winning by being 58 with a 60% mount? Are you winning tbc paying a mage to level you to 58 as well?
    Anytime you are handing blizzard cash to do part of the game for you it is pay to win. That is what pay to win is. It is what pay to win has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by caszadhuum View Post
    It's 1x level boost per account and you can't use it on Draenei and Blood Elves, it's literally only a ploy for people who want to play TBC but didn't play Classic ...or maybe for the millions of Warrior and Rogue dpsers who will reroll in TBC now that they're not the FOTM pick.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Its not really p2w. I mean, how can you win at leveling? Sooner or later everyone reaches level cap. Its just a nice thing for those that cant be bothered with the rather mundane leveling from 1. Personally I like the leveling in classic and taking my time with it, but it does require alot of legwork.

Games today are also very much about doing content with your friends. It sucks being the one starting at level 1 while the rest reaches max level looong before you. Gearing up, clearing dungeons/raids and all that. When you finally reach max level they might be moving on to other stuff and you missed out.

Alot of people also ignored classic and waited for BC. Blizzard probably knows that and want to capture those that already have max lvl characters and those who want to take part in BC content, not classic. Since this are relaunched versions of the game, they can do it like this.

That said - I can understand why people are opposed to it. It does negate and downplays characters that reach 70 from level 1. It sort of devalues the whole leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    You’re absolutely clueless. YES dude ANY micro transactions are bad. How far you have fallen to defend this shit. ITS BLATANT CAPITALIST GREED JESUS CHRIST WHY DO U DEFEND THE NORMALIZATION OF THIS SHIT?
    Activision operates as a capitalist venture? ITs the best option for them to make money without fundamentally changing things in the game gameplay wise

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Anytime you are handing blizzard cash to do part of the game for you it is pay to win. That is what pay to win is. It is what pay to win has always been.
    I'm sorry but it is not pay to win. Either this happens, or you get a very deflated TBC launch because people don't want to level through classic to play the expansion they want.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

There has to be an objective measure of what winning is. Does this boost get you r14? Does it get you gold cap? Does it get you full t3? Does it even get you 60?

In the context of tbc itself, does it get you pre-raid bis? Does it get you gladiator? Does it get you a KJ kill? Does it even get you 70?

Unless you consider 58 “the game”, boosting wins you nothing.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    such a 58 boost would have been p2w in vanilla, but that designation is useless for tbc.