Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Shadowlands and the Maldraxxus taught us that necromancy and Necromancers are not evil and depend on the user. Also, under the assumption that the leader of the alliance (a priest) is going to gain necromantic powers, the possibility of a Necromancer class becomes more possible.
    The shadowlands has its own rules, it doesnt define itself in what the realm of the living would so death has a completely different meaning in the shadowlands with the option of atonement no matter how long it takes, in the living world they dont have that luxury and when your dead thats it, so necromancer still has no possible way of becoming an actual class and would make all of WoWs previous lore irrelevant because if you want to change something it doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Majerin View Post
    Only heroic characters in wow? Hmm. No one tell this gentleman about the Forsaken, most of the Orcs and what they did in Draenor, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Shadow Priests using the arguably most "evil" variant of magic. A huge recurring theme of wow is stealing the "other" sides power to use it against them.
    Every single class a player uses in WoW is the hero of the story, the alliance and horde side are no different from each other and each commited unspeakable acts countless times, a necromancer would be defiling the bodies of the dead, creating minions from corpses and possibly destroying souls completely so they couldnt even go to the shadowlands, you cant honestly say thats a suitable class for the player who is supposed to be a hero.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-27 at 04:10 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Unholy DK kind of already fills the Necro spot though. A ghoul is just an unfinished skeleton. Just need to let it decay a few more years.
    I'm a thread killer.

Omg no... Don't need or want necromancer. Go back to EQ or wherever or whatever ass this is being pulled out of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Wow! The attention to detail and passion put into this class concept is admirable. A concept of this quality is something I expect to see from a professional class designer. The time that must have been spent on this... In the past, I was a staunch opponent of a necromancer hero class because I was mistakenly afraid that it would subtract themes from my favorite class, Death Knights, specifically the spec I main, unholy. But now, if implementation were anything like in this class concept I would be super stoked for a necromancer hero class.

I know Dark Rangers will more likely be customization for Blood Elves, but I would have loved to see a class concept of this quality and detail for Dark Rangers. Wow.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52906195

There you go.

Interesting read, I can definitely see it happen in the future.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Omg no... Don't need or want necromancer. Go back to EQ or wherever or whatever ass this is being pulled out of.

You mean ass of blizzard developers? since we got necromancer units since wc3 and onward.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    You mean ass of blizzard developers? since we got necromancer units since wc3 and onward.
    Means nothing since we have dks that fill the role.

3+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands and the Maldraxxus taught us that necromancy and Necromancers are not evil and depend on the user. Also, under the assumption that the leader of the alliance (a priest) is going to gain necromantic powers, the possibility of a Necromancer class becomes more possible.
    Some Necromancers are 'gray' as well, such as Bwonsamdi. He says he hates undead, yet has been shown to raise an entire army of trollian undead, and even ressurect a gorilla. SL shows he's a lot more good than he appears to be as well
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I know it makes little sense to reply to you, but this is a cool concept for Dark Rangers and makes me want them as a Hero Class even more though I doubt they'll ever happen. Such a cool class concept wasted because Blizzard has no imagination.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Delete images when quoting, it's literally in the rules, dear God! D:
    I have no idea how I delete the pictures from a Repost
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I have no idea how I delete the pictures from a Repost
    When you hit "reply with quote" you delete/backspace on any picture.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Oops there it is. Amazing job.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I love the idea of The Necromancer, and hopefully next xpac or this one we get them! I had my necro specs like Flesh (healing through dps, and self harm), Bone (summon skeletons for dps), and Slime (ranged dps with different color slimes pets)
    I could get behind that concept!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The shadowlands has its own rules, it doesnt define itself in what the realm of the living would so death has a completely different meaning in the shadowlands with the option of atonement no matter how long it takes, in the living world they dont have that luxury and when your dead thats it, so necromancer still has no possible way of becoming an actual class and would make all of WoWs previous lore irrelevant because if you want to change something it doesnt matter.
    This sounds like lore you created in your head. What are your sources? The Maldraxxus is the root of necromantic magic and its neither good nor evil. It all depends on the user much like any other form of magic.

Every single class a player uses in WoW is the hero of the story, the alliance and horde side are no different from each other and each commited unspeakable acts countless times, a necromancer would be defiling the bodies of the dead, creating minions from corpses and possibly destroying souls completely so they couldnt even go to the shadowlands, you cant honestly say thats a suitable class for the player who is supposed to be a hero.
    Warlocks also use dark magic, deal with demons, and destroy souls - and yet, they're a playable class.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Interesting read, I can definitely see it happen in the future.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Means nothing since we have dks that fill the role.
    A Necromancer is a light-armored ranged spell caster that uses necromancy to protect themselves while causing harm. The DK does not fill that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Some Necromancers are 'gray' as well, such as Bwonsamdi. He says he hates undead, yet has been shown to raise an entire army of trollian undead, and even ressurect a gorilla. SL shows he's a lot more good than he appears to be as well
    Interesting to hear! I haven't played SL so this is news to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    omfg i want this very very very much... especially your version of the healer *drools* that definitely looks like something fun to play.
    You come get the voodoo.

Anything that remotely reminds me of EQ needs to die in a fire.

I know it makes little sense to reply to you, but this is a cool concept for Dark Rangers and makes me want them as a Hero Class even more though I doubt they'll ever happen. Such a cool class concept wasted because Blizzard has no imagination.
    I'll let him know you said that.
    What do you think about it? The combination of a Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch. Taking some inspiration from Diablo's Demon Hunter.
    Too bad it was drowned by other users there, dismissing it as a non-possibility
    Never say never. According to this guy's analysis, Blizzard is adding classes from the pool of Warcraft 3 heroes. And, according to that analysis, Dark Rangers are a possibility alongside Priestess of the Moon, Sea Witch, Shadow Hunter, Blademaster, Warden, Tinker and Alchemist.

Introducing the next possible Hero Class, the Necromancer! This is a revamp of my old concept. Not only was it updated visually, but I also reconstructed many of the specs from scratch, updating new spells, talents, pets, mechanics, and play-styles. I most definitely put way more time, effort, and thought into this concept version. I even added tier set inspiration and now PvP talents!!

Thank you in advance for reading an extremely long thread!

If you actually did read everything, please let me know! Leave any comments, suggestions, feedback, and also...criticism!
    All opinions are welcome. Also, please share this concept with any of your friends who are Necromancer fans! Thank You!
    -Amunrasonther

If you'd like to contact me and leave comments or feedback outside of mmo-champion, please email me at wownecromancy@gmail.com
    A better concept for necromancer i've not seen yet, though its thematic, mechanical and practical overlap might still pose significant issues.

Goid job nonetheless!
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Necromancers already exist, they are called warlocks
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by ModeratorForLife View Post
    I'll let him know you said that.
    What do you think about it? The combination of a Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch. Taking some inspiration from Diablo's Demon Hunter.
    Too bad it was drowned by other users there, dismissing it as a non-possibility
    Never say never. According to this guy's analysis, Blizzard is adding classes from the pool of Warcraft 3 heroes. And, according to that analysis, Dark Rangers are a possibility alongside Priestess of the Moon, Sea Witch, Shadow Hunter, Blademaster, Warden, Tinker and Alchemist.
    The only problem I see with Priestess of the Moon is how limited choices in race would be. Night Elves and Nightborne would be the only races that would make sense for the Priestess of the Moon as they both worship Elune, the moon goddess. Tauren are a strong maybe because they also believe in Elune except in the form of Mu'sha and some could choose to revere Mu'sha instead of just An'she. Overall the concept for Moon Priestess is original and interesting. Sea Witch has the same problem as Priestess of the Moon, but a lot of thought and love went into coming up with the concept, that alone makes it appealing.

However, I still believe that Dark Rangers, Tinker and Necromancer are the most likely to happen but I'm not going to exclude the others from happening in some form. If you think about it, Dark Rangers would complete the trinity of "dark" classes based on iconic Warcraft characters, Arthas, Illidan and Sylvanas (unfortunately, imo) respectively.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

The only problem I see with Priestess of the Moon is how limited choices in race would be. Night Elves and Nightborne would be the only races that would make sense for the Priestess of the Moon as they both worship Elune, the moon goddess. Tauren are a strong maybe because they also believe in Elune except in the form of Mu'sha and some could choose to revere Mu'sha instead of just An'she. Overall the concept for Moon Priestess is original and interesting. Sea Witch has the same problem as Priestess of the Moon, but a lot of thought and love went into coming up with the concept, that alone makes it appealing.

However, I still believe that Dark Rangers, Tinker and Necromancer are the most likely to happen but I'm not going to exclude the others from happening in some form. If you think about it, Dark Rangers would complete the trinity of "dark" classes based on iconic Warcraft characters, Arthas, Illidan and Sylvanas (unfortunately, imo) respectively.
    Actually, Nightborne do not believe in Elune. They just have astromancers among them. But, i wouldn't exclude them.
    Tauren believe in her.
    Worgen were, partially, created by her.
    Zandalari Lun'alai are implied to worship her.
    Shadowmoon Orcs, just like the Nightborne, were, originally, proficient in astrology.
    So, there are 5 potential races, beside Night elves (6 if Sylvar are added).
    Other than that, the Priestess of the Moon is very, likely, to be a healer specialization - separating it from the pure DPS of the Hunter.

Sea Witch could be applied to any race with an affiliation to the sea. Kul Tirans, for example (and Gilgoblins, if they are added).

I, personally, don't believe in Necromancers, but i'm not going to lash out at anyone who suggest them. To me, the most probable situation for a Necromancer would be an Apothecary.

You are right. it is the only dark class left from Warcraft III (alongside Sea witch). Therefore, i believe it will be a hero class (spec, to be honest).

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    you cant honestly say thats a suitable class for the player who is supposed to be a hero.
    Warlocks dealing with demons and dark magic are so heroic!