Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well nobody is realistically going to upgrade a weapon from 1 to 12. You need KSM to upgrade to 12 and if you have KSM you're most likely doing +15 which drops 210 gear (rank 9)
    Maybe not this season but what about in S2 when we have valor from start? Save up until you do all +15s?

And even then a fury warrior would need to spend 6k valor from 9-12.
    Last edited by Lathspell; 2021-03-11 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    Maybe not this season but what about in S2 when we have valor from start? Save up until you do all +15s?

I think the idea is you would upgrade items you get from keys near your capability to complete dungeons.

So upgrading 207-210 gear to 220.

Not upgrade 187 +2 gear to 220, since that encourages spamming low keys as the best way to gear rather than doing actual harder keys beyond a one time achievement.

And yeah, sucks for Fury just like with conquest.

Hilarious thread considering you would need to run 35+ m+ to cap the amount even when doing the callings. If you are really spending that time to equip an alt it would probably be easier and quicker to find a mythic raid guild for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Really, the cap is what you're concerned about? Not the fact that the only decent way to farm valor is to chain run +2 keys?
    hah indeed, so fucking stupid that it doesnt scale with keylevle and that we geat a measly 135 per run.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    hah indeed, so fucking stupid that it doesnt scale with keylevle and that we geat a measly 135 per run.
    Yeah, it should scale with difficulty. Ilvl does, not reason why this shouldn't as well. Even +5 valor per key level would make a difference, though imo +10/lvl would be optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Perhaps my expectation were too high for wanting this to be useful
    Anyone expecting a new gearing system to accelerate gearing meaningfully after Blizzard nerfed all forms of PVE gearing by 40% or more at the outset of shadowlands had their expectations set way to high. Blizzard's messaging about how this all works is intentionally vague because they have never had any intention for Valor to be used to make the gearing process faster or easier, but they knew that faster, easier gearing was what the community was asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I think the idea is you would upgrade items you get from keys near your capability to complete dungeons.

So upgrading 207-210 gear to 220.

Not upgrade 187 +2 gear to 220, since that encourages spamming low keys as the best way to gear rather than doing actual harder keys beyond a one time achievement.

And yeah, sucks for Fury just like with conquest.
    The idea is that you get a few 220 pieces for your off spec or situational trinkets upgraded and endure the full brunt of the shit nerfed PVE gearing process without complaining to them about how shit and nerfed it is, because they gave you useless feel good points.
    Last edited by DisposableHero; 2021-03-11 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Perhaps my expectation were too high for wanting this to be useful
    I mean it is useful for it's purpose... being a backup system to bad luck. To help get the last few pieces you need.
    Even then, it's useful to gear up alts as well. I know everyone in my guild is happy about it that they can gear alts so easily now.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I mean it is useful for it's purpose... being a backup system to bad luck. To help get the last few pieces you need.
    Even then, it's useful to gear up alts as well. I know everyone in my guild is happy about it that they can gear alts so easily now.
    Ok, you've got a point. It helps against bad luck if you are already decked with mostly 220 ilvl gear and miss no more then 2-3 pieces or with alt whom you won't care much for anyway. However for people "in the middle of the pack" it's pointless. I won't upgrade my current 203 pieces because it's pointless due to season limits. I might do if I ever get a weapon from Plaguefall but other then that this system doesn't help me at all.

I like how, if I get my mage alt a 184 staff from M0s this week I'll be able to upgrade it to 220 by the first week of May if I absolutely never upgrade anything else. That really makes a difference. Oh wait, no it doesn't.

Not to mention you might waste all your valor if you get that 2h from the Vault next week. Season cap for upgrade currency is terrible design. Lets make conquest points upgrade honor gear. This is the same as that.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I like how, if I get my mage alt a 184 staff from M0s this week I'll be able to upgrade it to 220 by the first week of May if I absolutely never upgrade anything else. That really makes a difference. Oh wait, no it doesn't.
    It's almost as if my point, and the systems point, is that it's not supposed to replace main gearing method, but supplement it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It's almost as if my point, and the systems point, is that it's not supposed to replace main gearing method, but supplement it.
    These ppl are never gonna be happy. They are talking abt doing an M0 and getting the equivalent of heroic sire weapon, but its not fast enough. Even if it was instantly upgraded to 220, they'd complain that there was no rewarding content anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnedk View Post
    It is capped per week. It’s referred to as a “weekly cap”, not a “season cap”.
    Lol this is not going to age well when we find out next week what EXACTLY happens. But the again, we shouldn't be surprised considering this reply is likely throwaway account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Wowhead says that 5000 is the cap for the entire season with an extension of 750 per week. So if you earn 5k the first week you can only earn 750 the next. I hope this isn’t true.
    Why, the reason the seasonal cap is at 5k is because we're literally weeks into the expansion/patch 9.0 content. Would you rather have it start at 750?

Put it this way, when we get to 9.1 and SL Season 2 starts. The Valor will be reset to zero and your seasonal cap will start at 750 VP and then growing by 750 each week. This way for your main, you can cap your Valor by doing 750 each week but for your newly branded alt you can catch up to your main even if we're weeks into season 2 provided you run enough M+ to get to the seasonal cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure for S2, you'll need KSM Season 2. So again, you'll be going from rank 9 to 12. But that also assumes that you don't get lucky and get a weapon in your GV.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I can't, literally CANNOT be the only person seeing the addition of VP making it easier to gear alts.

Come on man.
    If you're in a guild or have a regular group to play with, sure.

As someone who bought the game 2 weeks ago and is playing catch-up on their own for the time being (so basically an alt), these valor points just F'd me in the A. Can't get into any low level mythic +'s anymore. They are all being filled by people who far out-gear the dungeon who are just looking to speed farm valor points. Pre valor-points no one in 215+ gear could give a sht about +2s and 3s.

Guess I have to bite the bullet and actually search for a guild or something because it's pretty pointless to try on my own now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Lol this is not going to age well when we find out next week what EXACTLY happens. But the again, we shouldn't be surprised considering this reply is likely throwaway account.

- - - Updated - - -

Why, the reason the seasonal cap is at 5k is because we're literally weeks into the expansion/patch 9.0 content. Would you rather have it start at 750?

Put it this way, when we get to 9.1 and SL Season 2 starts. The Valor will be reset to zero and your seasonal cap will start at 750 VP and then growing by 750 each week. This way for your main, you can cap your Valor by doing 750 each week but for your newly branded alt you can catch up to your main even if we're weeks into season 2 provided you run enough M+ to get to the seasonal cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure for S2, you'll need KSM Season 2. So again, you'll be going from rank 9 to 12. But that also assumes that you don't get lucky and get a weapon in your GV.
    The problem is you are really punished for using valor on the wrong piece with no way to recover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    If you're in a guild or have a regular group to play with, sure.

As someone who bought the game 2 weeks ago and is playing catch-up on their own for the time being (so basically an alt), these valor points just F'd me in the A. Can't get into any low level mythic +'s anymore. They are all being filled by people who far out-gear the dungeon who are just looking to speed farm valor points. Pre valor-points no one in 215+ gear could give a sht about +2s and 3s.

Guess I have to bite the bullet and actually search for a guild or something because it's pretty pointless to try on my own now.
    List your own key and invite this massive legion of high item level people?

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is you are really punished for using valor on the wrong piece with no way to recover it.
    It does kinda suck.

Similar to spending 1800 conquest on a 2h wep and then getting one in the vault next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Hilarious thread considering you would need to run 35+ m+ to cap the amount even when doing the callings. If you are really spending that time to equip an alt it would probably be easier and quicker to find a mythic raid guild for it.
    and get maybe one piece of loot in a month,kek...but this cap is just another timed crap blizzard is doing.Everything is locked behind time gate...game has become so slow paced and unrewarding.Why cant we farm 20k valor if we want in a week,if you dont want to thats fine but why do people who actually play the game have to be timed...its ridiclous..

10+ Year Old Account
    The same could be said about honor/conquest if you spend it to upgrade the wrong piece? Seems like a PEBCAK issue?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The same could be said about honor/conquest if you spend it to upgrade the wrong piece? Seems like a PEBCAK issue?
    You can get a full set of conq gear in a season and honor is infinite. Not the same.

There is a difference between Conquest gear and M+ one. For conquest (limited resource) you buy a gear and then upgrade it with honor (unlimited resource), so there is no risk in the long run, in optimal situation you want full set of conquest gear fully upgraded, so you'll benefit from everything you'll buy with it. Now in case of M+ gear you need a drop from dungeon which you upgrade with valors (limited resource). If you made a mistake and upgrade wrong piece of gear (let's not dwell upon the reasons) then "sorry, better luck next season".

So these two systems (conquest/M+) are mirror opposites of each other. M+ lets you get base item easier but has extremely limited upgrade possibilities, while conquest has limited resources for base items but the upgrade system isn't punishing at all, in worst case you have to refarm honor.