Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Kind of affects me since it will raise the price of the token. I only buy the 30 days of game time from the character selection screen (token's worth of gold for 30 days), which is still an option for now. However, by dinging the group of players who were buying 6 months with the tokens-to-blizbalance method token demand will dip and its gold price will rise.

Yeah, can't sub with bnet balance, and buying a WoW token with it for game time is basically raising the price to $20 a month.

Probably done because of people like me who are raid logging and buying wow game time in 30 days increments, usually after my time runs out I can go a few days before I buy some more. Thankfully it seems like WoW is heading into a content drought for a while so I will happily cease my buying of game time altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    As someone who has been using Bnet balance to buy blocks of 6 months game time, no, they don't count as recurring subs so you never got the free mounts. I had to use bnet for those as well.
    well, contact CS because mine did if I had 180 day timecards used. and it says it at the bottom of the promotions when they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    well, contact CS because mine did if I had 180 day timecards used. and it says it at the bottom of the promotions when they happen.
    I mean I've been paid up years in advance in game time blocks for a few years now, not once did I ever get one of them. It isn't a recurring sub because you are using purchased game time via Bnet. 180 day time cards are likely totally different. *shrugs* Too late now either way, I waited weeks for any of the 'perks' to show up from it and when they didn't I just used more bnet and got whatever it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    have we finally gotten it into our heads that this only affects "Game Cards" though the Blizzard Store and not standard Subs or WoW Tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So instead I can basically just buy a 30 day sub, then cancel immediately for the same exact price?
    Correct, or buy a gold token.

7+ Year Old Account
    So how do I get the 13,- € on my battle.net account back if I can't by a month game time anymore?

What's the point beside making it more inconvenient for those who want only 30 days? Now we have to subscribe then cancel instead of just clicking twice in the shop. Jesus these guys getting more anti-consumer day by day for every cent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sub so this won't affect me, I just don't understand why? It doesn't make any sense to me to limit that choice.

Wow. They see how much people are using gold instead of real money for game time so they doubled the time card to drive up the gold price for tokens so less people can afford them. This is such an incredibly greedy move.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What's the point beside making it more inconvenient for those who want only 30 days? Now we have to subscribe then cancel instead of just clicking twice in the shop. Jesus these guys getting more anti-consumer day by day for every cent.
    At least 2 reasons. One is that purchases made with blizzard balance is not new money (despite cashing in an extra 7 euros from the token exchange), so they want players to use their real money to subscribe instead of purchasing the game time (same reason they award the 6 months mounts only for subscription).

And the second reason they want people to use the subscription function is that you'll be surprised at how many people forget about it and pay for extra cycle without even playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Previously many people would buy multiple tokens with gold, turn them into bnet balance and then buy mulitple months of gametime, getting the same bulk discount that subs get. Over time this discount adds up and lets you get more gametime for your gold.

That discount is now gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wow. They see how much people are using gold instead of real money for game time so they doubled the time card to drive up the gold price for tokens so less people can afford them. This is such an incredibly greedy move.
    This was to remove the discount on bulk gametime and yes that would lead to higher token costs but the goal isn't to stop you from being able to afford one, a sub through a token is more money for Blizzard then a 'regular' sub after all, but if token prices are higher there is more incentive for people to buy tokens to get gold.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

TIL that you can buy the digital equivalent of game cards from the Blizz Store. I never actually clicked on the "Game Time" button and thought it referred to subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    have we finally gotten it into our heads that this only affects "Game Cards" though the Blizzard Store and not standard Subs or WoW Tokens?
    No because it also affected the standard sub prices for many countries.

Recurring 6 month here increased from 149 to 199. That on top of an increase a few months ago, it's insane.

This affect blizzard balance, so u cant just buy 5 tokens with gold and purshase the 6 months of gametime... smart move from blizzard.

This company is literally the least transparent greedy corporation I've seen in this industry and there are still fools on these boards defending them because "it's a business"

Good for fucking you, it was a business in 2004 as well and was nowhere near this level of shadiness.

Usually I resub and am bored after 3 weeks. Now if I can only sub for a minimum of 60 days I don't think I will resub at all to try a new patch.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Using gold gives them more money then re money as every token is 20 instead of 15 so no that wouldn’t be the reason if any thing they would want to push more people to use gold.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-03-26 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Usually I resub and am bored after 3 weeks. Now if I can only sub for a minimum of 60 days I don't think I will resub at all to try a new patch.
    You can still sub as normal, nothing changed there. Tokens are also still 1 month if you want that.
    This really only affects the people who bought mulitple tokens with gold to turn into bnet balance to then buy multiple months at a discount.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death