View Poll Results: When did you level the most alts and how many?

Voters
331. This poll is closed
  • Vanilla (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • Vanilla (4 or more)

2 0.60%
  • TBC (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • TBC (4 or more)

4 1.21%
  • Wrath (3 or less)

4 1.21%
  • Wrath (4 or more)

32 9.67%
  • Cata (3 or less)

4 1.21%
  • Cata (4 or more)

17 5.14%
  • MoP (3 or less)

3 0.91%
  • MoP (4 or more)

27 8.16%
  • WoD (3 or less)

2 0.60%
  • WoD (4 or more)

64 19.34%
  • Legion (3 or less)

8 2.42%
  • Legion (4 or more)

119 35.95%
  • BfA (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • BfA (4 or more)

26 7.85%
  • Shadowlands (3 or less)

5 1.51%
  • Shadowlands (4 or more)

11 3.32%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Classic I suppose. I got all 8 classes for Alliance up to 60 during it. Kept them all at max level each expansion! I just need to level my DH and Hunter for SL and they'll all be 60.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Shadowlands is the absolute clear answer for me.
    Since the class changes, I have been leveling one of every class with no spec for the challenge, and then taking them into torghast to push the limits of the content.

Been quite a lot of fun, I must say.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Legion. Felt good to have all 12 classes with their class hall campaigns and 7.2+7.3 content done. Also the downtime of 7.3.5 pushed me to try for mage tower skins. Got 31 and got my furthest on the healer challenges with both holy’s (felt closest to dpsing cause I never tried to heal before).

Also during legion, I could remember what was bis for alot of specs in NH and ToS and all specs in Antorus.

In bfa I couldn’t remember which azerite traits were bis, however essences did make me care to learn them on alts though. BFA I couldn’t swap to alts cause blizz rigidly held on to essences and corruption being annoying to get for alts. And the only reason why I cared though is when I started to see/feel dread about being unable to get certain rank 4 essences. I ended up with 24/28 (played ret, gave a 25th, CLF, I had undying gift, away for someone to get their azeroth’s champion title). Still needed 2400 in arena and didn’t want to boost even though I had the gold. But the reason why I disliked alts in bfa was because it felt difficult to bring them up to speed and thus am annoyed at their system making it difficult to jump earlier to possibly playing destro, fire, gushing glad rogue or havoc in 2s. Had blizz made alts more accessible in 8.2 and 8.3 then I would have swapped, got my title, and played the rest of bfa just doing alt stuff in m+ or w/e.

For SL, I just don’t have the energy to care. In legion I could spent up to 2/3 AM doing even WQs on alts in 7.2+. Now that doesn’t exist and even the will to play my main hasn’t been a thing since week 3 of the expansion.

I will say that if I had the free time I had in legion onwards, I probably would have picked MoP as first or second. Mainly because of challenge modes. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Considering Legion had a different campaign storyline for each and every class in the game... Legion is hands down the winner, for me. I had 9 characters to max, and that's because I don't like warlocks or rogues too much to care about leveling one until 100 to get to Legion leveling.

WOD was great for gold making, but I had the most max-level toons I would play during Legion; basically two of each class. I scaled that back to one per class for BfA and that's where I will probably be for SL too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    BFA I couldn’t swap to alts cause blizz rigidly held on to essences and corruption being annoying to get for alts.
    There's a good reason most of my toons ran with meme beam (or the tank/healer M+ equivalent) the whole time. It's one essence that I had on every toon.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally feel like it would be between WoD and Legion...you could do SO MUCH farming with multiple alts with their garrisons/order halls

5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the answers. Loving the responses.

legion encouraged me but the most are from wod cuz there was nothing to do

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria encouraged me to go from having four different classes to every class. Challenge Modes were great fun and the Armour sets I still use a few to this day.

Other expansions of note for me were Legion due to the Order Halls and Artifacts that I thought were really well made and made each Class feel very unique. BFA also has to get mention here because of Allied Races, which got me to level a bunch of new Alts and max out the Character cap. Heritage armour sets were nice as well as Void Elves.

Shadowlands has generated some interest for me to try out Classes again, due to Legendaries and new Covenant abilities. However the lack of unique armour sets removes a lot of interest in doing things on Alts.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Legion by far. I played all of them at the end to get most of the MT skins and because I wanted to see all the classes and their lore before they would go down the shitter in BfA.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

WOD, as the most alt-friendly xpack in Wow's history. It was just perfect, because it had just enough per-character content not to force you to play on main only (like in BFA and SL), while not making alts completely useless after completing it, because you still needed to log in on them to grab your gold.

Second place - Legion. Due to it's class halls. End of xpack was alt-friendly enough to do it. Yeah, since then you needed to actually grind class hall resources instead of having passive income, but this income was good enough not to feel obligated to do it every single day.

Third place - Cata. Just because it introduced new race-class combos for my favorite race and therefore made me level new characters.

Wrath was my first xpack, so I managed to play it on 2 characters only.

All other xpacks suffered from BFA syndrome. Too intensive per-character grind, that prevented me to play on other characters. For example in MOP it was about rep grinds. In BFA it was too slow catching-up, while doing too hard content to enjoy it. In SL it's anima grind.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

WoD and BfA by far. BfA just had a good leveling experience (never touched them after max level) and WoD was... fast and i did not have anything else todo besides raiding 2 times a week.

Right now... i have 3 on level 60 and a few between 50 and max. Mostly level via dungeon spaming as the storyline is to rigid for me to have fun after the first run through (was fun the first time)

During BFA it was really easy to level with AV. I had one of each for the new races. So I didn't count how many I had, around 15.
    Since the beginning I always had at least 4 toons at max level for professions and money purpose.
    At some point it was so easy to level at max level, I start having 10 toons during WOD for garrison and table for gold purpose.

You benefitted more from Garrisons if you had many of them, so I maxed all my relevant alts during WoD. Guess it burnt me out a bit, since in Legion I stuck to two characters only (switching mains during 7.0).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

this one. so quick to level i have all classes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    You benefitted more from Garrisons if you had many of them, so I maxed all my relevant alts during WoD. Guess it burnt me out a bit, since in Legion I stuck to two characters only (switching mains during 7.0).
    This is really interesting. WoD may had very endgame content, but it is second at this poll. People were really motivated to roll lots of alts. Compare it with Cataclysm and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hello every everyone. Between all the doom and gloom I figured we should do something constructive. Admittedly it is still related to the delay somewhat, but only indirectly.

I'm talking about alts. Alts are important when it comes to the longevity of content. The more characters you level to the cap, the longer you are occupied. Simple. And one way or another each expansion encouraged you to have more than one characters. Multiple classes, races, leveling paths, order hall campaigns, war campaigns, covenants...etc. And catch up mechanics if there were any.

So what I want to know is which expansion (vanilla included) encouraged you the most to level a fresh alt to the cap, and how many alts did you level?
    To the cap: BfA.

Actually playing them while capped: Legion.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Legion, because i love multiclassin in pvp and there you could step into bg/arena after reaching max level with minimal campaign work. Also i liked to work on the class mounts for every class and rly enjoyed the class specific storyline.

MOP-
    WOD

Completly lost intrest since legion, even when i leveld another alt, never had the stomach to remain having it at the same level-

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD and they all just sat in their garrisons collecting gold.