Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Like i said, you take the whole package, you do not focus one and use then different, tis the whole thing., theme and fantasy is sadly, cuted down for gameplay, so they have to be changed, and, can be reversed or added.

Almost all orcs are half-naked, but others are armored as well, that is more a orcish thing rather than a blademaster thing
    Well, that is where we disagree.
    I don't believe the fantasy and theme of the Blademaster should be added to the Warrior.

Well, you mentioned armor. It is a minuscule thing, after all.

Alchemist does not mix their brews with death magic, they do not use plague or the blight.

bones is already rpesented in death, so what? classes share magic, warlock and wizards use fire magic, does not stop them of being two separate specs
    Yes, they do. The Apothercary does:
    "Apothecaries are alchemists of various races but mostly of the Forsaken that also established the Royal Apothecary Society."
    "During the Fourth War, Horde apothecaries weaponized the blight infecting Southshore."

How would the bone aspect be any different from that of the Death Knight?

And thrall wear plate even being a shaman, Npcs work different, just because of him there will not be a far seer/thrall class that is jsut shamans using plate
    Again, armor is a minuscule thing.
    Tauren Chieftains do not wear plate, at all.

it is their main thing, a blademaster without a blade is not a blademaster, a warlock can be a warlock without transforming into a demon, a demon hunter can't, a warrior is not a warrior without his weapon he is a brawler.
    Well, i'll give you that.
    Their name is Blademaster, after all.
    Yet, i can't just discard the stealth and guile aspect aside...

again, dumbing down, by your logic, mages were also DH because both use fire magic
    * Fel fire.
    Though, Kael'thas used it as well, as a Mage.
    So, you do have a point.
    I meant that we used to associate demonic and fel as part of the Warlock and Demon Hunter. So, we were skeptic about the addition of another class with that theme and spells.

i meant warlocks
    Well, in lore Warlocks were former Mages that delved into the dark arts (besides Orcs and their Shamans).

look at that, you just gave the necromancers another spec, something death knights don't do, since death knights do not use void magic
    You wanna rob Affliction Warlocks of their necrolyte natures?

two different abilities with the same name

Wc2 is totally a different thing
    Not exactly:

"Death Coil is an iconic death knight ability that was first used by the Death Knight unit in Warcraft II, and was subsequently used by Death Knights in Warcraft III, and the tabletop RPG. In World of Warcraft, a variation of [Death Coil] was given to the warlock class."

they do not summon the death, they do not work with shadowfrost like the liches, they do not use bone or blood magic, and do not use death magic, they use fel and shadow magic, they are not necromancers
    I just provided you with a description of the necrolyte. Did you not read it?
    "Necrolytes are a type of necromancer..."

"Affliction warlocks are also shown as having abilities like [Secrets of the Necrolyte] while also being able to use [Ulthalesh, the Deadwind Harvester]."

Except you know, they are, like already pointed to you
    Wha... how?
    None of them are associated with the Blademaster concept.

now it is a game mechanic hum? how convenient the double standard
    Oh, i forgot.
    They call upon arcane magic to do that -_-

so, you are literally confirming you are using double standards and one thing is right until does not fit your agenda? gladly we reach a consensus
    *Sigh*

I, already, showed you how blizzard mis-categorize Gelbin as being a Warrior.
    He's a Tinker.
    That's what, usually, happens before a class is added to the game.
    They have to attribute it to something existing.

it does not amtter, he is canon and existed
    Then i guess we should take Murkidan seriously now

He does not have exotic beasts, not a single one, he attack melee and is alla bout living on the wild, beastmaster is his tittle, like far-seer, mountain king or blademaster, and of course, a NPC who can be all specs in one if he wish so
    He does not need to. The Beastmaster masters beasts, in general, not specifically exotic ones.
    They gave it, in game, to differentiate it from the other specs.
    If anything, i would associate the Priestess of the Moon with them, as Tyrande uses a Spirit Owl.
    All Hunter specs used to equip melee weapons, once.
    Did you miss the part of being "Masters of the wild" in the Beast Mastery description?
    He is a Beast Mastery Hunter like Chen is a Brewmaster Monk. No duality here.

No, you are running away, youa re the one who said we can't separate wow in magic and no magic

what is there if its not magic or non magic? what we have more?
    The problem arises when you say the Warrior is eligible to have any magical ability, if it has something like Avatar. That is not true.

First of all, warriors can scream in a way that you run in fear, if this isn't a supernatural ability for you i don't know what it is, literally playing trick on your mind

Intimidating shout :Causes the targeted enemy to cower in fear, and up to 5 additional enemies within 8 yards to flee. Targets are disoriented for 8 sec.

Again, Spell reflection, literally sending a spell back to the enemy, the massive "no u" "Raise your weapon, reflecting spells cast on you and reducing magical damage you take by 20%. Lasts 5 sec or until a spell is reflected."

Challenging Shout, literally something you force others to attack you

You can scream with a Piercing Howl to ensnare and slow people around you, or you can just deal a blast of damage with dragon roar, this is pure "supernatural" the levels of windwalk

You can stomp of the ground with thunderclap or shockwave and literally hit people with energy, you can even make literally lightning with it

With Avatar you transform into a colossus dealing more damage and removing all roots and snares.

with Glyph of Burning Anger you get so angry when Enraged that you catch on fire, with Glyph of Hawk Feast Your Execute critical strikes summon a flock of carrion birds(illusion hello?)

Of course there is more, but there is no use, since you will dismiss everything cause it does not fit your thing
    Not magical. Just a scary scream.

Why do you need to raise your weapon if it's magical?

Taunt abilities are nothing magical. I can taunt you to lash out at me.

Again, these are screams. fantasy screams, yes. But, not that require you to use magic.

I'd agree with you on Avatar and Thunder Strike. But, since i view the Mountain King as a Warrior, it is not something out of the repertoire. Besides, Dwarves can, also, turn into stone.

Shockwave is just a strong pounding of your weapon.

The answer is in the name. Burning Anger. It is a comical glyph, associated with how anger is depicted sometimes in popular culture.

Same with glyph of Carrion Feast. It is a fun glyph, because Carrion birds show up at carcasses. You executing someone is just that.

did you ever saw a samurai using those skills? no, they put there because they think it was cool
    It is probably something from pop culture or myth. They are depicted as swift and agile in TV series.

different games, different universes, different laws of magic and everything, does not work
    Maybe Overwatch.
    But, certainly not Diablo.
    Heck, it is a fantasy RPG with classes similar to those in WoW.

lmao, that is your take? you ar enot even hiding your bias.
    Because you have not provided anything other than the way they look and use their abilities.

That is the entire point, different magic types are still magic, we have a universe based around 6 grand realms of magica, fel, arcane, void, light, death and life, those are the magic, if something does not fit on that, is not magic.

just because they are all magic does not mean they are the same magic, you are the one making this up
    No, you are the one who wants to use this argument to make Warriors magical.

the warrior don't have, the npcs don't ahve it

you are claiming one is and the other don't,using the same argument, you are using double standards
    Are NPCs as important as playable classes?
    Because Death Knight ones using Warlock and Warrior abilities would be a huge atrocity.

And still have it, so youa re wrong.
    Are they not melee? Do they gain a ranged bonus?

Warlocks, did not, emboided the demon hunter class, period.
    For a time, they did. Even if it was lackluster.

thats why you create a new one, duh
    Drawing inspiration is not the same as what you're suggesting.

they are already, like tauren chieftain, like mountain king and like blademasters, they can be more like blademasters, but if you want then to be more like the Chieftian you will have to ask shamans about their reincarnation ability
    Yeah... i'm not sure about that.
    Don't know if that ability translated into later game. Neither Cairne, nor Baine use it in game. And then we have this stupid E.T.C in HotS, instead of a real Tauren Chieftain, so i can't tell if the ability is still relevant.

yeah, and grom does not have his chin tattoos entirely and trolls don't have the heel toes in reforged, no, that is not a game worth to comment about accuracy of models

How does a chin tattoo and a heel toe crucial to gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Throw a (very, very, very) stupid-looking flag on the back of a Warrior, and you have a Blademaster. Pretending their anything more than that is just silly.

Nice one.
    Also, just give Warlocks their Metamorphosis back and call them a Demon Hunter.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-06 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowname View Post
    Tank spec?? why?
    Why not? I think it fits well with the "trick your opponents but be honorable" theme. Also making an Illusion spec to be a backstabbing damage dealer would step into the concept of the Subtlety Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I guess that's why Samuro plays exactly like a Arms Warrior in HOTS
    Man, I could understand the people that say "hey, we don't need another melee" or "it could be this other way". But saying that Blademaster is already represented on WoW when anyone can clearly see that's not right...
    An it's not head-canon. Even Blizzard shows that they are not even remotely close. In HotS you have Samuro and Varian (he can play all 3 warrior specs), and they're not even the same category. They even have Valeera as a rogue, and it also plays very differently than Samuro.
    You can see the concepts are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Why not? I think it fits well with the "trick your opponents but be honorable" theme. Also making an Illusion spec to be a backstabbing damage dealer would step into the concept of the Subtlety Rogue.
    Never thought about it that way.
    Like a Brewnaster Monk, relying more on dodge and parry than armor absorption alone.

Another reason why Blademaster, if it is ever implemented, should be in the form of a 2H Weapon Windwalker Monk, is that the Transmog option needed to make it a reality only exist among Leather armor and Monk Tier sets. I mean, if we want our Blademaster boi to look like this, it MUST be implemented as a Monk!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowho View Post
    I really like it, my only gripe about it is the following:
    -I really don't think a Blademaster should be using axes, Swords, Daggers and Polearms should be the only weapons for such class. (I'd prefer it if it were swords and polearms only but that's a bit pushing it)
    I did it for several reasons. Only sword is to few options. If you look at what other classes can use, Mage, Priests and Warlocks are the ones with less options, and they can use 5 types of weapons. If you look spec by spec, the ones with less are the Beast Mastery and Marksmanship Hunters, with 3 weapons.
    So I decided to add some lorefriendly options based on in-game existing NPCs, the WoW TTRPGs, HotS and the fantasy trope of the mystic samurai.

-Why Focus? You probably mirrored how Monk got Energy, and gave Blademaster Focus, while it works since the word "Focus" fits a Blademaster more than a hunter, I kinda wanted (expected?) a new resource.
    I used Focus because it plays more or less like Hunter's Focus (it regenerates slower and its consumed in greater chunks than Energy). I though it was ok since Blizzard already reuses the same resource for several classes (Energy for Monk, Rogue and Feral, Mana for casters, Rage for Warrior and Guardian).

-Why give the Swift Step spec "Firestorm" and Burning Blade spec "Keen Edge"? Makes more sense to flip them, honestly.
    I wanted to still give each spec access to abilities based on the element that their not based on.
    Also, I wanted to give some AoE DoT to Swift Step (that I though it was too heavy on the ST damage) and some type of CC to Burning Blade based on something like "blinding speed".

-Why "Bladestorm"? People are already going to complain and say Blademasters are just Warriors, so why not go the extra mile of differentiating them? Instead of Bladestorm why not give the class "Windstorm" etc
    Because Bladestorm is the iconic ability of the Blademaster, both in Warcraft 3 and Heroes of the Storm, and Blizzard added it to Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King (probably as a nod, the same way they added Metamorphosis to Warlock exactly on the same patch).
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2021-04-06 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Another reason why Blademaster, if it is ever implemented, should be in the form of a 2H Weapon Windwalker Monk, is that the Transmog option needed to make it a reality only exist among Leather armor and Monk Tier sets. I mean, if we want our Blademaster boi to look like this, it MUST be implemented as a Monk!
    That's what i've been saying.

But, more like this:

https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set...odelviewer:2+0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    I provide like 6 quotes directly disproving most of your arguments over this entire debate we had, and you just don't reply anymore, ahhhh it feels good..
    What, you are just baiting and trying to derail the conversation like an angry dude, you still completely miss the point and keep attacking arguments i never made, better let you talking alone before both of us get infractions, thank you.

Another reason why Windwalker Monk could become Blademaster simply by allowing 2H weapon WW Monk is that Storm, Earth, and Fire is essentially mirror image already.

I mean, Samuro in HOTS has an ability called 'Wind Walk', I mean if that isn't evidence enough that Blademasters are Wind Walker Monks nothing is.

If Blizzard can make Frost DKs able to use both Dual Wield as well as 2H weapon, then they could do it to WW Monk and get a de-facto Blademaster for free without the hassle of adding a new class or spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well, that is where we disagree.
    I don't believe the fantasy and theme of the Blademaster should be added to the Warrior.
    yeah, you don't believe, therefore, you make absurd claims, false-equivalences and bring other games into the discussion.

Like i said, you entire premise is based around your taste and your personal opinion, thats why they hold no ground when we put in comparison into the game, you nitpick and cherypick things to fit your agenda while ignore other things.

Just simple say you don't want that, you want something totally different that goes against what wow have, literally changing the game to fit your taste, then stop trying to support with it, cause that is just opinion.

Yes, they do. The Apothercary does:
    "Apothecaries are alchemists of various races but mostly of the Forsaken that also established the Royal Apothecary Society."
    "During the Fourth War, Horde apothecaries weaponized the blight infecting Southshore."
    just because apohtecaries are alchemists not all alchemists are apothecaries, normal alchemsits do not use blight, plague or necromancy, be real
    How would the bone aspect be any different from that of the Death Knight?
    such short sighted, DKs use to tank and soak damage, necromancer would use to attack and deal damage

Again, armor is a minuscule thing.
    Tauren Chieftains do not wear plate, at all.
    Yeah, npcs work different, even without armor the tauren chieftain was a warrior

You wanna rob Affliction Warlocks of their necrolyte natures?
    they do not raise the death neither work on death magic

I, already, showed you how blizzard mis-categorize Gelbin as being a Warrior.
    He's a Tinker.
    That's what, usually, happens before a class is added to the game.
    They have to attribute it to something existing.
    Assuming just because blizzard mis-categorized a characters means it will happen here, or using that as an argument of blizzard categorization not being vallid is a fallacy, they could ahve nailed the categorization from 10000 cahracters, but if they didn't right on one, because HIS class was not the ingame yet they are not valid anymore?

Again, this also come from an already false premise, you are implying blizzard also miss-categorizes those characters because the blademaster class is not in the game.

Taking your argument, we can't say who is a blademaster and who is not, because we can't believe in blizzard categorization because she was wrong once before, therefore, the draenei the ankoan and others could not be blademaster at all falls by earth your argumment.

He does not need to. The Beastmaster masters beasts, in general, not specifically exotic ones.
    By that logic, all hunter specs master the beasts, so, still right

The problem arises when you say the Warrior is eligible to have any magical ability, if it has something like Avatar. That is not true.
    Mirror image and wind walk are not magical abilities in warcraft 3, therefore, they are ellegible to get.

Even if they were, you would stillb e wrong, cause Stormbolt in wc3 was literally a magical ability and it changed to a non-magical ability in wow

And like i said you would handwave and dismiss the example because it does not fit your point of view, how previsible

No, you are the one who wants to use this argument to make Warriors magical.
    I never wanted make warriors magical, you are creating a strawman, i said there is magic and non magic abilities, period.

Are NPCs as important as playable classes?
    Depends on your POV and what you are comaparing.

For a time, they did. Even if it was lackluster.
    It never did, not once, just ebcause they had meta don't mean that, you again, based on a outright lie

Drawing inspiration is not the same as what you're suggesting.

Don't know if that ability translated into later game. Neither Cairne, nor Baine use it in game. And then we have this stupid E.T.C in HotS, instead of a real Tauren Chieftain, so i can't tell if the ability is still relevant.
    This double standards is becoming pointless and rly tiresome, one time you use NPCs not using the skills as argument, then in other stance says it does not matter, rly rly tiresome

How does a chin tattoo and a heel toe crucial to gameplay?
    How a shield ona back of a blademaster, clearly a cosmetic thing, is crucial to gameplay?

Nice one.
    Also, just give Warlocks their Metamorphosis back and call them a Demon Hunter.
    nope because warlocks even with metamorphosis could not use leather, use warglaives, could not be melee strikers and so on, again, false equivalence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Why not? I think it fits well with the "trick your opponents but be honorable" theme.
    nope, it don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Another reason why Windwalker Monk could become Blademaster simply by allowing 2H weapon WW Monk is that Storm, Earth, and Fire is essentially mirror image already..
    different abilities all together, mirror image don't deal any damage, is just a tricky to confuse an enemy briefly, monks are literally mean to be masters of the unarmed combat, using weapons just as a side thing, blademasters live for their blades, not just their themes but their philosophies are entirely different.

Wind walk also, totally different, they just share a name.

Also, pointless making WW a blademaster, when they literally have different themes/philosophies and fantasies, when they could do that with arms, which is already a defacto blademaster but without mirror image and windwalk.

just because apohtecaries are alchemists not all alchemists are apothecaries, normal alchemsits do not use blight, plague or necromancy, be real
    Just because blademasters are warriors not all warriors are blademasters, normal warriors do not use windwalk or mirror image, be real

different abilities all together, mirror image don't deal any damage, is just a tricky to confuse an enemy briefly, monks are literally mean to be masters of the unarmed combat, using weapons just as a side thing, blademasters live for their blades, not just their themes but their philosophies are entirely different.

Wind walk also, totally different, they just share a name.

Also, pointless making WW a blademaster, when they literally have different themes/philosophies and fantasies, when they could do that with arms, which is already a defacto blademaster but without mirror image and windwalk.
    Samuro's Mirror Images in HOTS deal damage. So you're full blown wrong about that or just making stuff up as you please and trying to pass it off as canon.

Blademasters literally wear Monk beads, Blademasters are WW Monks. You're obsessing over the details that are specific to an Orc Blademaster. The Shado-Pan are Monks who use blades, nothing about Monks is special to unarmed combat. A Windwalker Monk using a sword = a Warcraft Blademaster.

Your argument is like saying Necromancer and Necro Mancers are not the same thing lmao
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-04-06 at 07:21 PM.

Another reason why Windwalker Monk could become Blademaster simply by allowing 2H weapon WW Monk is that Storm, Earth, and Fire is essentially mirror image already.

I mean, Samuro in HOTS has an ability called 'Wind Walk', I mean if that isn't evidence enough that Blademasters are Wind Walker Monks nothing is.

If Blizzard can make Frost DKs able to use both Dual Wield as well as 2H weapon, then they could do it to WW Monk and get a de-facto Blademaster for free without the hassle of adding a new class or spec.
    You're just reading my mind
    Though, Frost Death Knights always had that option.
    Move Storm, Earth and Fire to Brewmasters, like it was always meant to be. And give Wind Walk to a spec, literally, called Windwalker. And, duplicates is something the Monk, already, does.
    Though, i still believe it will be a class, rather than a rework.

yeah, you don't believe, therefore, you make absurd claims, false-equivalences and bring other games into the discussion.

Like i said, you entire premise is based around your taste and your personal opinion, thats why they hold no ground when we put in comparison into the game, you nitpick and cherypick things to fit your agenda while ignore other things.

Just simple say you don't want that, you want something totally different that goes against what wow have, literally changing the game to fit your taste, then stop trying to support with it, cause that is just opinion.
    No, actually.
    It doesn't have anything to do with what i want.
    It has to do with what i predict Blizzard will add in the future.

But, it can be an aspect of the Alchemist class, the same as you attribute it to the Necromancer.

such short sighted, DKs use to tank and soak damage, necromancer would use to attack and deal damage
    Bonestorm
    Talent
    10 to 100 Runic Power
    Instant cast 1 min cooldown
    Requires Death Knight (Blood)
    Requires level 50
    A whirl of bone and gore batters up to 8 nearby enemies, dealing (19.65% of Attack power) Shadow damage every 1 sec, and healing you for 3% of your maximum health every time it deals damage (up to 15%). Lasts 1 sec per 10 Runic Power spent.

Marrowrend
    2 Runes / -20 Runic Power Melee Range
    Instant cast
    Requires Death Knight (Blood)
    Requires level 11
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Smash the target, dealing (53.295% of Attack power) Physical damage and generating 3 charges of Bone Shield.

Even the Diablo 3 Necromancer bone abilities could be compared to Death Knights abilities and, only, require a visual glyph:

Bone Spikes
    Class: Necromancer (Diablo III)
    Required Level: 1
    Skill Category: Primary
    Active
    Generate: 24 Essence
    Summon bone spikes from the ground dealing 150% damage.

Glacial Advance
    Talent
    30 Runic Power 100 yd range
    Instant cast 6 sec cooldown
    Requires Death Knight (Frost)
    Requires level 45
    Summon glacial spikes from the ground that advance forward, each dealing [(44.94% of Attack power) * [(Attack power * 0.98)][((Attack power + Offhand attack power) * 2 / 3)] -- 2H, DW / Attack power] Frost damage and applying Razorice to enemies near their eruption point.

Bone Spear
    Required Level: 2
    Skill Category: Secondary
    Active
    Cost: 20 Essence
    Summon a piercing bone projectile that causes 500% damage as Physical to all enemies it passes through.

Death Coil
    40 Runic Power 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 2
    Fires a blast of unholy energy at the target, causing (50.3% of Attack power) Shadow damage to an enemy or healing an Undead ally for (265% of Attack power) health.

Bone Armor
    Required Level: 19
    Skill Category: Blood and Bone
    Active
    Cooldown: 10 seconds
    Rip bones from nearby enemies, dealing 125% damage as Physical, and create armor that reduces damage taken by 3% per enemy hit, up to a maximum of 10 enemies. Bone Armor lasts 60 seconds.

Bone Shield
    Instant
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 23
    Surrounds you with a barrier of whirling bones, increasing Armor by (70 * Strength / 100).
    Each melee attack against you consumes a charge. Lasts 30 sec or until all charges are consumed.

Bone Spirit
    Required Level: 25
    Skill Category: Blood and Bone
    Active
    Cooldown: 15 seconds
    Launch a Bone Spirit that will seek enemies. Deals 4000% damage on impact. Recharge time is reduced by 1 second for each consumed corpse.

Reanimation PvP Talent
    Tank Specs – Row 1 PvP Talent
    1 Rune / -10 Runic Power 40 yd range
    Instant cast
    Requires Death Knight (Unholy)
    Requires level 20
    Reanimates a nearby corpse, summoning a zombie with 5 health for 20 sec to slowly move towards your target.
    If it reaches your target, it explodes stunning all enemies within 6.5 yards for 3 sec and dealing 10% of enemies health in Shadow damage.

Bone Prison
    Passive
    Bone Spear, Bone Spikes and Bone Spirit have a 30% chance to trap enemies in a Bone Prison for 3 seconds.

Chains of Ice
    1 Rune / -10 Runic Power 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 13
    Shackles the target with frozen chains, reducing movement speed by 70% for 8 sec.

Yeah, npcs work different, even without armor the tauren chieftain was a warrior
    The Tauren Chieftain is not an NPC. It is a racial aspect of the class.

they do not raise the death neither work on death magic
    They do not need to raise the dead. That is the domain of the Death Knight.
    And yes, they do work with death magic, as the lore, clearly, states. Necrolytes are a type of a Necromancer. Draining life is an aspect of necromancy.

Assuming just because blizzard mis-categorized a characters means it will happen here, or using that as an argument of blizzard categorization not being vallid is a fallacy, they could ahve nailed the categorization from 10000 cahracters, but if they didn't right on one, because HIS class was not the ingame yet they are not valid anymore?

Again, this also come from an already false premise, you are implying blizzard also miss-categorizes those characters because the blademaster class is not in the game.

Taking your argument, we can't say who is a blademaster and who is not, because we can't believe in blizzard categorization because she was wrong once before, therefore, the draenei the ankoan and others could not be blademaster at all falls by earth your argumment.
    And it happens to be the Warrior case of mis-categorization.

Like you did with the Blademaster, they took the Gnome Tinker and assigned it the closest thing available.

And, no. This is not the case. A Blademaster is still a Blademaster. The problem is with categorizing them as Warriors.

By that logic, all hunter specs master the beasts, so, still right
    No.
    They can, sadly, use them because it is an integral part of the Hunter identity. But, only the Beastmaster masters them.

Mirror image and wind walk are not magical abilities in warcraft 3, therefore, they are ellegible to get.

Even if they were, you would stillb e wrong, cause Stormbolt in wc3 was literally a magical ability and it changed to a non-magical ability in wow

And like i said you would handwave and dismiss the example because it does not fit your point of view, how previsible
    Wind Walk doesn't exist yet, so i can't say anything about it.
    But, Mirror Image was given to the Mage and is an Arcane spell.

I never wanted make warriors magical, you are creating a strawman, i said there is magic and non magic abilities, period.
    I saw a meme a couple of days ago, like yours:
    "Everything in this world is either a duck or it isn't".
    That is your logic.

Depends on your POV and what you are comaparing.
    They aren't. Especially not those unknown ones.

It never did, not once, just ebcause they had meta don't mean that, you again, based on a outright lie
    Then, i ask again. What was it there for?

This double standards is becoming pointless and rly tiresome, one time you use NPCs not using the skills as argument, then in other stance says it does not matter, rly rly tiresome
    No.
    I, simply, can't tell if it's a relic of the past or not.

How a shield ona back of a blademaster, clearly a cosmetic thing, is crucial to gameplay?
    It isn't. Like the Mountain King's one.
    Just noted it was interesting.

nope because warlocks even with metamorphosis could not use leather, use warglaives, could not be melee strikers and so on, again, false equivalence.
    I've, already, showed you how armor is irrelevant when it comes to representation. Many Warriors do not wear plate only, or at all.
    "nope because warriors even with bladestorm could not use wind walk (stealth/invisibility) and mirror image (duplicates/illusion)"
    So, it's a similar equivalence.

different abilities all together, mirror image don't deal any damage, is just a tricky to confuse an enemy briefly
    This version of Mirror Image is outdated.
    You can't, really, expect the Blademaster to summon duplicates who just stand there and do nothing, in game.
    Even Samuro's, in HotS, and the Mage's Mirror Images do damage.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-06 at 08:18 PM.

The problem with blademasters being monks is simply the fact that monks whole shtick is about being able to defend themselves without using weapons. That was what their lore was all about: Pandaren under the thumb of the Mogu who weren't allowed to own weapons, so they honed their martial art skills. The blademaster is named for a kind of weapon, so it would be rather contradictory for monks to have a spec focused solely on weapon use. Yes, they can equip some weapons, but their damage comes mostly from punching and kicking.

That being said, thematically a windwalker monk is probably way closer to a blademaster than an arms warrior is, especially with storm, earth, and fire. But the emphasis on weapon usage makes it unlikely to be even a 4th spec for monks, and the concept is fully capable of being separated off into its own class.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    The problem with blademasters being monks is simply the fact that monks whole shtick is about being able to defend themselves without using weapons. That was what their lore was all about: Pandaren under the thumb of the Mogu who weren't allowed to own weapons, so they honed their martial art skills. The blademaster is named for a kind of weapon, so it would be rather contradictory for monks to have a spec focused solely on weapon use. Yes, they can equip some weapons, but their damage comes mostly from punching and kicking.

That being said, thematically a windwalker monk is probably way closer to a blademaster than an arms warrior is, especially with storm, earth, and fire. But the emphasis on weapon usage makes it unlikely to be even a 4th spec for monks, and the concept is fully capable of being separated off into its own class.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Why do class concept threads always end up like this? :')
    It's a damn shame, because I like people coming up with ideas.

7+ Year Old Account
    No need to introduce a new class for the Blademaster - all they need to do is add a glyph that allows a monk to attack with his weapons instead of his fists:

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No need to introduce a new class for the Blademaster - all they need to do is add a glyph that allows a monk to attack with his weapons instead of his fists:

Cool transmog.
    Though, abilities are still missing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Just because blademasters are warriors not all warriors are blademasters, normal warriors do not use windwalk or mirror image, be real
    not even the blademasters use mirror image and windwalk, your attempt of gotcha failed like your false equivalence

- - - Updated - - -

Samuro's Mirror Images in HOTS deal damage. So you're full blown wrong about that or just making stuff up as you please and trying to pass it off as canon.
    Hots is not fucking canon, is another game, mirror images do not deal damage on warcraft 3 where the ability show up.
    Blademasters literally wear Monk beads,
    Just like thrall did, is thrall a monk and a blademaster too? what a dumb statement, is liek saying theya re deathknights because they use big swords.

Blademasters are WW Monks. You're obsessing over the details that are specific to an Orc Blademaster.
    Monks:

Windwalkers are damage dealers, focusing on dealing melee damage through a range of martial arts abilities. With their lightning kicks and furious fists

Among monks, none have mastered the martial arts as the windwalkers have, and few across Azeroth can fight with their grace. Windwalkers possess unparalleled physical finesse, and are capable of overwhelming their enemies with a dizzying flurry of punches and kicks.
    Blademaster:
    Blademasters, also known as blade masters, are legendary orc warriors of the Burning Blade clan, known for their mastery over swords, axes and polearms.
    A blademaster without a blade is no blademaster at all.”
    Saying ww are blademaster is being wrong, just awful wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    No, actually.
    It doesn't have anything to do with what i want.
    It has to do with what i predict Blizzard will add in the future.
    that is even more arrogant

The Tauren Chieftain is not an NPC. It is a racial aspect of the class.
    just like blademasters, ccongrats you finnaly got it.

They do not need to raise the dead. That is the domain of the Death Knight.
    that is the domain of necromancers, period.
    And it happens to be the Warrior case of mis-categorization.
    no it don't, you are assuming that, yet you have shit to back up your claim.
    Like you did with the Blademaster, they took the Gnome Tinker and assigned it the closest thing available.
    You are literally assuming that, with no proof to back up this claim, like alwyas, im not surprised
    No.
    They can, sadly, use them because it is an integral part of the Hunter identity. But, only the Beastmaster masters them.

Wrong, all hunters can have some sort of maestry over pets, the beastmaster can take exotic beasts, that is the fantasy of the hunter class in wow, Rexxar does not have a single exotic beast in his arsenal

Wind Walk doesn't exist yet, so i can't say anything about it.
    But, Mirror Image was given to the Mage and is an Arcane spell.
    they can, simple, change

I saw a meme a couple of days ago, like yours:
    "Everything in this world is either a duck or it isn't".
    That is your logic.
    now you add the appeal to ridicule fallacy, you are almost doing a bingo, yet you cannot show anything that is not magic neither not-magical.

I've, already, showed you how armor is irrelevant when it comes to representation. Many Warriors do not wear plate only, or at all.
    And once again, you are cherrypicking, ignoring everything else i said and focusing on armor trying to be more convincent, its not even funny at this point

This version of Mirror Image is outdated.
    You can't, really, expect the Blademaster to summon duplicates who just stand there and do nothing, in game.
    Even Samuro's, in HotS, and the Mage's Mirror Images do damage.
    now you guys even want to bring the old ability, put in another class and change it how it work

just go play hots fam, rly.

not even the blademasters use mirror image and windwalk, your attempt of gotcha failed like your false equivalence
    That is an outright lie.

Hots is not fucking canon, is another game, mirror images do not deal damage on warcraft 3 where the ability show up.
    It is a modern depiction of the Warcraft 3 unit.
    And besides, the WoW version does damage.

Just like thrall did, is thrall a monk and a blademaster too? what a dumb statement, is liek saying theya re deathknights because they use big swords.
    Which are, mostly, associated with Monks:

that is even more arrogant

just like blademasters, ccongrats you finnaly got it.
    Yeah... no.
    Not only Orcs can be ones.

that is the domain of necromancers, period.
    So, i guess Death Knights don't raise undead

no it don't, you are assuming that, yet you have shit to back up your claim.
    Gelbin being a Tinker, but a Warrior in game (in the past) is shit?

You are literally assuming that, with no proof to back up this claim, like alwyas, im not surprised

Wrong, all hunters can have some sort of maestry over pets, the beastmaster can take exotic beasts, that is the fantasy of the hunter class in wow, Rexxar does not have a single exotic beast in his arsenal
    Beast Mastery - couldn't be any clearer.
    And what you can do in game is not representative much, as Warlocks used to be able to transform into a Demon.

they can, simple, change
    They can.
    Or, they can add it to the Blademaster class/spec.

now you add the appeal to ridicule fallacy, you are almost doing a bingo, yet you cannot show anything that is not magic neither not-magical.
    Science.

now you guys even want to bring the old ability, put in another class and change it how it work

just go play hots fam, rly.
    It's called "Outdated".
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-08 at 06:54 AM.