Page 1 of 3
LastLast

RP Servers Exist, why not NB (Non-Boost)?

So RP servers exist in which certain rules are enforced, so lets make an NON BOOSTED Realm.

First Rule of Non-Boosted Realms
    There is no boosting allowed.

Some additional rules for those servers ONLY:
    Boosted characters are not allowed to transfer to Non-Boosted servers at ANY POINT or for ANY reason.
    Blizzard cannot provide FREE transfers off Non-Boosted servers that suffer from high population at ANY POINT.
    To transfer off a Non-Boosted server, you must pay a transfer fee that is double the normal amount.

What do you guys think? What other rules would you say needs to happen if Blizzard gives us a handful of these NB Reamls?

I'm confused, are you talking about shop boost, or boosts bought from other players? Cause the first one does not matter, and the other is impossible to enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I'm confused, are you talking about shop boost, or boosts bought from other players? Cause the first one does not matter, and the other is impossible to enforce.
    I think OP is just asking for a dead server lol. What in the fuck would be the difference in a non boosted and a boosted server? No really, when you really think about what is the difference?

I can’t wait for the reply’s of “THE NON BOOSTED SERVERS HAVE A LEVELING COMMUNITY”.

Talk to me in a month and see how your leveling community is going.

Comparing RP servers to a server where boosting is not allowed is a pretty big stretch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brilliant idea!!!

Oh no, some people boosted their character to a completely meaningsless level, with completely meaningless gear and a meaningless mount. We are completely done for!

No, for real... This does not affect anyone in any way (except obviously just a bit less people rush-grinding from 1 to 58). So no, absolutely no reason for it.

After that, let's have servers with no flying, servers with no PvP whatsoever, servers with no auction house, and servers with no group finder!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Let’s have servers without complainers. The rules are simple, if anyone can prove you bitch or moan over forums, in game, or if you flame anyone else, you’re instantly kicked off the server and either sent to stallag or incidious depending on your faction. Ally go to stallag and horde go to incidious.

yea. what everybody else said. what a stretch and impossible to enforce. you just need to stop caring about what somebody else is doing when it doesn't hurt you in any way
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2021-04-10 at 12:53 AM.

Boosting for in game currency has always been a thing in wow.
    Perhaps its more common now (and the spam is annoying) but its a part of in game economy and player interaction.

I never had enough gold to afford a boost (never grinded seriously) but if there was a mount i really like i would be happy that there is an option to purchase it with gold through a boost.

What blizz should do is make a separate channel/ui for offering all those boost services for in game gold.
    That way they would spam the regular chat channels less.

It's fine to disagree with the inclusion of boosts but this suggestion is just silly. What is the reason for it? Are we suspecting that anyone who makes use of a boost uninformed, or inexperienced? Someone who doesn't know how to play the class and so opts to pay to level it instead?

Let's be honest; even if the boosts are intended for players who want to jump into TBC straight away and haven't levelled anyone in Classic, and even if there are some new players who skip ahead and don't know what they're doing.. I'll bet the greatest portion of players making use of it will be players who have already levelled in Classic, who just want to take the chance to skip levelling again. Players who have already invested years into the game, have already levelled other class alts to level cap in the main game, played each spec, and have done PvP and dungeons and raids with them and understand how each one plays to a competent degree.

The classes in TBC have far more simple toolkits to their present day incarnations in Shadowlands. There are so many resources available to go to for advice that will help you gear effectively, level effectively, spec effectively, play effectively.. and more importantly, a majority of us have got to 70 before - and 80, and 85, and 90, all the way up to 120. We all know how to play most of the classes by now.. and for the classes we haven't played, we have enough knowledge of the game to quickly adapt and pick up by drawing parallels to the classes we do play.

So frankly I think anyone who thinks boosts are going to be some sort of end-days of terrible players is kidding themselves, just as much as anyone who thought Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and even Naxxramas weren't going to be cleared on Day 1, Week 1 of their Classic release phases. The power of the information and experience available to us is the most significant variable of the gameplay experience for Classic. The average player today is far, far better than they were back then.

The only issues I foresee will be going from a player who only plays dps boosting to another role experience such as tanking or healing. Role experience like that goes beyond just using your abilities and spells and having the right gear. But it's not like Blood Furnace and Hellfire Citadel are such serious business content that they wouldn't be able to pick it up quickly. If not.. he can just revert to being dps.

Bad players will continue to be bad in spite of boosts, not because of them.

But why? Why do you need this kind of server? You think you are some kind of apex gamer because you leveled your character?

Seems like segregating the community by play time would make things even more fair. Lets have realms broken into 5, 10, 20, 40+ hours a week players.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    After that, let's have servers with no flying, servers with no PvP whatsoever, servers with no auction house, and servers with no group finder!
    Servers without an AH would be mildly interesting. I'm not saying they should do it, but it could actually be somewhat interesting. A server without trading whatsoever, akin to Ironman.

Would probably worsen WoW's bot problem, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    So RP servers exist in which certain rules are enforced, so lets make an NON BOOSTED Realm.

First Rule of Non-Boosted Realms
    There is no boosting allowed.

Some additional rules for those servers ONLY:
    Boosted characters are not allowed to transfer to Non-Boosted servers at ANY POINT or for ANY reason.
    Blizzard cannot provide FREE transfers off Non-Boosted servers that suffer from high population at ANY POINT.
    To transfer off a Non-Boosted server, you must pay a transfer fee that is double the normal amount.

What do you guys think? What other rules would you say needs to happen if Blizzard gives us a handful of these NB Reamls?
    It's a bad idea, that's what. Go and play Classic if you want a game where boosts aren't available.

RP servers exist because it's an MMORPG.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is so ridiculously fast and easy as it is that IDK why anyone buys boosts at all. The only logical reason I can imagine is that it's easier to sell boosts of the other kind to maggots and use that gold to just buy a boost to 50. Maybe it's faster that way? I guess it is really but it seems kinda...pointless to me. Maybe some people like whoring themselves out to useless scums but that's your call.

Seems pointless really.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I've got even better idea!
    There should be two types of servers 'only for good players' and 'only for bad players' and let's see how it will work.

What's your problem with boosting thought? It's both easy to get into and pretty cheap to acquire so why are you bitching about it?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a stupid suggestion, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I've got even better idea!
    There should be two types of servers 'only for good players' and 'only for bad players' and let's see how it will work.
    PvP servers already exist my guy.

>_>

<_<