Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    New players do not suffer the jaded attitude of veterans.

Stop pretending that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    New players do not suffer the jaded attitude of veterans.

Stop pretending that they do.
    If I was a new player and saw the mountain I'd have to climb just to unlock something like flying, I'd just go play a different game honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If I was a new player and saw the mountain I'd have to climb just to unlock something like flying, I'd just go play a different game honestly.
    New players actually want to play the game instead of flying over everything because they haven't been spoiled by flying in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Oh no, you need to play 10-20hrs to catch-up with the last 7 month long patch. INEXCUSABLE.
    Do the covenant campaigns even have 10-20 hours worth of content so you can catch up to the new catch up systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    You finally finished leveling to level 60 and now you are greeted with 80 renown levels
    Sounds absolutely terrible
    This sounds a lot better than hitting 60 and seeing no way to progress your character further.

If you are a new player, you are probably enjoying it. New players don't really rush to endgame? Unless they're some roped in friend you want to play with? In which case just tell them to start now since they have months till 9.1?

And btw, why would they care about renown so much? I mean they're gonna have a crapton of things they could do either way, why is renown - a cosmetic thing - an issue?
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2021-04-14 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    If you are a new player, you are probably enjoying it. New players don't really rush to endgame? Unless they're some roped in friend you want to play with? In which case just tell them to start now since they have months till 9.1?

And btw, why would they care about renown so much? I mean they're gonna have a crapton of things they could do either way, why is renown - a cosmetic thing - an issue?
    Yes they do, any time a friend of mine joins the game he just waits to hit a level where he can play together with the rest of our group of friends

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    New players actually want to play the game instead of flying over everything because they haven't been spoiled by flying in the past
    I wasn't aware you can speak for every single new player out there.

From all the things, renown really is the least of the issues. It takes less than 3 weeks to catch up the current 40 renown levels without any grinding, I am pretty certain you could no-life them in a single lockout. When they increase further they most likely will even add new catchups

Well I can. So now you're aware lol

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Well I can. So now you're aware lol
    No. You can't. No one person can. You can't speak for every single new player coming to the game and how they would feel about the topic being discussed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    so are pet battles and RBGs but all of those including anima grind are optional content
    Don't know what you mean with pet battles but it takes like 10 minutes to level a pet from 1 to 25.
    If you talk about getting all pets.. ok.

You finally finished leveling to level 60 and now you are greeted with 80 renown levels
    for a new player, once finally finished leveling to level 60 the renown stuff is only one of numerous things he/she needs to grasp. renown is probably one of his last concern as a new player at this stage. your post only shows how long you've been playing if you thinks that's the one thing that would sound terrible for a new player....

imagine......being annoyed by content that doesnt take super long to do lol

Well, you also get banned all the time and as far as I am aware don't play wow anyway. Don't pretend there is a mountain to climb when there is not.

- - - Updated - - -

And you know how new players would behave?

Oh noooo, I will have to do things in this game? I thought the point was to log in and then afk for 4 month? Seeeriously, the approach of this community to content is unbelievably stupid. Just play Fortnite if progressing on your character is too hard on your attention span.

Why would you assume that new players come to the game to not play it? That makes zero sense.

What game? What game would you play that does not require you to do stuff to get stuff? Any rpg you have to do the given content to get rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, you also get banned all the time and as far as I am aware don't play wow anyway. Don't pretend there is a mountain to climb when there is not.

- - - Updated - - -

And you know how new players would behave?
    No. I don't know how new players will behave. Which is why I said if -I- was a new player, I'd just go play a different game after seeing the insane endgame grind.

So like every MMO a new player has to catch up to the people who have been playing for months/years? They are probably also upset they have no mounts and transmog collected

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    What game? What game would you play that does not require you to do stuff to get stuff? Any rpg you have to do the given content to get rewards.
    I'm saying the endgame grind is insane and would honestly turn me off to the game if I was going to do serious grinding when I hit max level. Grinding in shadowlands is tedious and just really not very fun imo.