Quote Originally Posted by genegerbread View Post
    I'd be surprised if they didn't announce it this year. I can't see them going until 9.3 (what else can they do after Sylvanas? There's no major plane/enemy to defeat in the Shadowlands other than the Jailer).

I wouldn't mind Shadowlands just being 2 patches. It's not my favorite expansion in the world (still not bad imo), and 2 patches can have a lot of content. 9.1 definitely looks like a x.2 patch tbh.
    9.2 is gonna be: Jailer Invasion of Reality, us visiting the Pantheon of Life and the Gardens of Life, us beating Helya with the Keepers + the Kyrian and Val'kyr, Mueh'zala perma-falling, some Arthas shit occurs, some Broker shit also happens, and Sylvanas learns the meaning of Life. Oh, and Denathrius' plot continues/ends, I guess.

And the 9.2 raid could be mainly focused on the Sepulcher, there: We battle a Mawsworn Galakrond and beat him, Anduin gets converted back, Sylvanas either dies or some shit, and the Pantheons of Life and Death stop Zovaal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Considering how much we need to wait for it it better fucking be.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah their dumbness is tirng. That is why so many of us left. There is no participation award in capitalism. Don't want to be treated like a donkey? Do something better than the competition.
    You can criticize Blizzard without making it your life's fucking goal. As a YouTuber, no one wants to listen to "Blizzard is dumb" as the main content. That is why Bellular is namely moving on to FFXIV. He's realizing making fun of Blizzard is boring, and he's moving on.

Considering how much we need to wait for it it better fucking be.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah their dumbness is tirng. That is why so many of us left. There is no participation award in capitalism. Don't want to be treated like a donkey? Do something better than the competition.
    It really isn't that big a wait. If we go by months from previous patch (or launch in this case) then it is an outlier in first patch, but not really between larger patches. Same with the PTR length. The average is 8 weeks for larger content patches, and this one is on week 6 or 7 I believe.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

You can criticize Blizzard without making it your life's fucking goal. As a YouTuber, no one wants to listen to "Blizzard is dumb" as the main content. That is why Bellular is namely moving on to FFXIV. He's realizing making fun of Blizzard is boring, and he's moving on.
    And yet he immediately starts comparing the two games. Hell moving to FFXIV just makes Blizzard's missteps more obvious because there is something to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It really isn't that big a wait. If we go by months from previous patch (or launch in this case) then it is an outlier in first patch, but not really between larger patches. Same with the PTR length. The average is 8 weeks for larger content patches, and this one is on week 6 or 7 I believe.
    Is it not? MoP and Legion had their second major patch out now. And I think Cata and WoD aren't far off.

And yet he immediately starts comparing the two games. Hell moving to FFXIV just makes Blizzard's missteps more obvious because there is something to compare.

Is it not? MoP and Legion had their second major patch out now. And I think Cata and WoD aren't far off.
    As I said, compared to recent first patches it takes a while. But for the wait between for instance 8.2 and 8.3 this is about right, not that I think it should take this long, but it isn't an obscene amount of time.

Also MoP was clearly an outlier. That expansion had its entire run from launch to final patch in less than a year.

5+ Year Old Account
    As I said, compared to recent first patches it takes a while. But for the wait between for instance 8.2 and 8.3 this is about right, not that I think it should take this long, but it isn't an obscene amount of time.

Also MoP was clearly an outlier. That expansion had its entire run from launch to final patch in less than a year.
    Ahh found the youtube comment where I did a fresh take on patches. That was two days ago. And yeah I was wrong about Legion.

Ahemm:

Well we are 189 into 9.0 so saying it is the longest patch wait is a bit of an understatement.
    In Vanilla we were at 1.4.2 and about a week from 1.5
    In TBC we were at 2.1.3
    In Wrath we were at 3.1.2
    In Cata we were at 4.1a and exactly two weeks from 4.2
    For MoP we were a month into 5.2 and a little less than two months from 5.3
    WoD had us a month from 6.2
    Legion at this point was three weeks from 7.2
    And lastly BfA released 8.1.5 with the mini raid and two allied races a week prior.
    If the release is at least a month from now .2 patches won't be outliers anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the Tyrande aftermath is just a cutscene...

My fault for expecting anything better i guess.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-06-03 at 06:57 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Ahh found the youtube comment where I did a fresh take on patches. That was two days ago. And yeah I was wrong about Legion.

Ahemm:

If the release is at least a month from now .2 patches won't be outliers anymore.
    3 weeks to 9.1
    2 weeks after launch raid will hit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    People playing PTR, correct me if I'm wrong.

So 9.1 campaign will be weekly and connected to Renown like 9.0 one.
    Raid likely will release on or around week 3.

So.. does later campaign chapters acknowledge events of raid or ignore them?
    Any story connected to the raid assume at worst the lfr timelin Also the story isn’t really designed to be gated since it has a very linear finish

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Meh the Tyrande aftermath is just a cutscene...

Lol thank god it wasn't more, she might have tripped and died.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Meh, the Tyrande aftermath is just a cutscene...

There is gonna be more after this.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause lots of stuff from the actual quests afterward wouldn’t make sense. Like what Elune said to Tyrande, Elunes apparently voice, and the Tear of Elune

Seems like flying is given to players right after the first covenant quest at Renown level 44, so second week at the latest.

I guess my amazing bag of Twigin Treats got at least a couple good months of being useful.

Maybe one day flying will be designed in such a way as to not completely undermine all other movement options. I mean honestly, covenant specific teleports are only the tiniest bit more useful than flying, and that is only in a single zone.

Why can't we at least try and petition Blizzard to at least change the mechanics of flying to not be so incredibly boring. When I think fun flying I think Minecraft and the Elytra, not noclip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    3 weeks to 9.1
    2 weeks after launch raid will hit

- - - Updated - - -

Any story connected to the raid assume at worst the lfr timelin Also the story isn’t really designed to be gated since it has a very linear finish
    The questlines aren't really designed with LFR in mind anymore. They mostly just give you the quest to kill the final raid boss and assume you will have completed it by the next week.

Why can't we at least try and petition Blizzard to at least change the mechanics of flying to not be so incredibly boring. When I think fun flying I think Minecraft and the Elytra, not noclip.
    Can you explain how that works? I haven't played Minecraft in probably 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Can you explain how that works? I haven't played Minecraft in probably 8 years.
    It has momentum, meaning you gain speed as you go down and lose speed going up or level. (Like how real gliding would work)
    It used to have no means of gaining momentum other than gravity, but they did eventually add the ability to use craftable fireworks as booster rockets.

So essentially, in Minecraft you have two types of flying. One that requires skill and resources for the actual game, and a completely consequence free noclip version for Creative. In WoW we only have the noclip version, and that is for the actual game with actual mechanics.

Gotcha.

Could work though there should still be a way to hover in place, I feel.

It has momentum, meaning you gain speed as you go down and lose speed going up or level. (Like how real gliding would work)
    It used to have no means of gaining momentum other than gravity, but they did eventually add the ability to use craftable fireworks as booster rockets.

So essentially, in Minecraft you have two types of flying. One that requires skill and resources for the actual game, and a completely consequence free noclip version for Creative. In WoW we only have the noclip version, and that is for the actual game with actual mechanics.
    Well, that's nonsense, though. Why would they need that for a game that isn't focused very much on locomotion? This is a game far more focused on combat and social mechanics than movement, which here is little more than a means of reaching the destination of where the actual gameplay is. All this would become is a total inconvenience for everyone, since no-one really plays World of Warcraft for its riveting movement mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, that's nonsense, though. Why would they need that for a game that isn't focused very much on locomotion? This is a game far more focused on combat and social mechanics than movement, which here is little more than a means of reaching the destination of where the actual gameplay is. All this would become is a total inconvenience for everyone, since no-one really plays World of Warcraft for its riveting movement mechanics.
    Because the content is on the ground, and as it stands flying over combat, obstacles and even enviromental puzzles is a no-brainer unless you are going out of your way to make the game harder on yourself.
    Imagine for instance if you had the ability ot turn on godmode, where enemies couldnt hurt you, and you instakilled any enemy you met in outdoor content, even elites, rares and world bosses. THen imagine that this mode had no downsides and was in fact just given to you at some point. Then imagine that players threatened to quit the game if they couldnt be allowed to go around in current content idly ignoring what should be essential parts of the game.

Besides, flying is also not fun as a mechanic. There is no inherent gameplay to it that players can really learn and exploit for a deeper gameplay experience. At best you have things like flying between things.
    I had this discussion with someone on a different thread. That flying in WoW is easier and has less inherent downsides than even games like Just Cause. And the entire point of that game is giving players as many tools of destruction as possible. And even that game recognized that you need some mechanics to flight to make utlizing it more fun.

And of course these two issues are linked. You can't really design the game world around flying because all flying is in WoW is the ability ot ignore gravity when not in combat. If it required some level of skill, or could not be used with great accuracy then you could have gameplay around it, instead of now when flying is the point where gameplay simply stops.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We have first blue post to prepare people for 9.1. This and mediocre hype for TBC makes June date almost certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Gotcha.

Could work though there should still be a way to hover in place, I feel.
    The big question is why do you need to hover. Why can't you jsut land instead? At a stretch you could say it gives the player what is essentially a pause function in the game, but the game isnt really frnatic enough that one couldnt simply find a place with no hostile mobs and stay still on the gorund while you refill your glass of water or answer the door or whatever.

The core issue with flying is that it doesnt give any gameplay, instead it removes it. Being restricted to the ground gives organic gameplay moments simply from trying to get past obstacles, whereas the flying we have now doesnt have anything like that.
    It is quite telling when the coolest trick the game can offer from flying is the the button that allows you to fly upside down. It doesnt do anything or require skill, it just looks kinda neat for those who are not aware it could be done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the content is on the ground, and as it stands flying over combat, obstacles and even enviromental puzzles is a no-brainer unless you are going out of your way to make the game harder on yourself.
    Imagine for instance if you had the ability ot turn on godmode, where enemies couldnt hurt you, and you instakilled any enemy you met in outdoor content, even elites, rares and world bosses. THen imagine that this mode had no downsides and was in fact just given to you at some point. Then imagine that players threatened to quit the game if they couldnt be allowed to go around in current content idly ignoring what should be essential parts of the game.

Besides, flying is also not fun as a mechanic. There is no inherent gameplay to it that players can really learn and exploit for a deeper gameplay experience. At best you have things like flying between things.
    I had this discussion with someone on a different thread. That flying in WoW is easier and has less inherent downsides than even games like Just Cause. And the entire point of that game is giving players as many tools of destruction as possible. And even that game recognized that you need some mechanics to flight to make utlizing it more fun.

And of course these two issues are linked. You can't really design the game world around flying because all flying is in WoW is the ability ot ignore gravity when not in combat. If it required some level of skill, or could not be used with great accuracy then you could have gameplay around it, instead of now when flying is the point where gameplay simply stops.
    No thanks. I rather take the current flying than some boring gliding "that requires skill". Besides that, it's already far too late for that - it would have worked with TBC release, not with 10.0 ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No thanks. I rather take the current flying than some boring gliding "that requires skill". Besides that, it's already far too late for that - it would have worked with TBC release, not with 10.0 ...
    It's never too late to fix your mistakes. That is why we now have world quests that make use of more of a zone and rares and puzzles that give actual fun rewards instead of the travesty of an overworld we had in WoD.

Like many issues in the game this is one where Blizzard just needs to rip the bandaid off. Stop with the half-measures and actually commit to making the unpopular choice for the betterment of the game as a whole.

All the more reason not to invest huge amounts of resources into a mode of movement the game isn't focusing on. Your argument works better for removing it entirely than reworking it.