21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

47 12.53%
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The competition has no problem putting out content during a pandemic. Both eso and ff14 have put out more content, including expansions, with a budget many times smaller than WoW

Covid was an excuse last year as to why SL was months late, Covid is NOT an excuse to why delays are happening in summer 2021

I suspect it was something more along the lines of they were making 9.1 in the image of the maw and torghast and had to emergency pivot when it wasn’t so well received and they aren’t creative enough to get around that imo
    So If Covid isn't an excuse in summer 2021 why did FFxiv delay there expan in summer 2021?

There gonna damn well try to hit a late July release at most, but im leaning on it being August or even September.

They have this thing, they do it with every rival MMO, they try to delay content launches as long as possible until that MMO's content is about to go live.

They'll launch 9.1 at the earliest, in September, to try to stem the tide of people leaving wow for Endwalker, they'd ideally want to have launched 9.2 by then but they know they dont have that luxory anymore.

So, how will they deal with it?

They'll release the patch 9.1 in September, but the raid wont be out till November, you watch.

In addition, they'll launch Diablo 2 Remastered around October to try to get people to play that, also, on classic they'll launch black temple around November.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    Only Blizzard is using COVID-19 as an excuse to cover their internal conflicts now.
    its not only blizzard it's also Square exnix, and GGG, Larian Studios, Ubisoft, CD Projekt Red, amazom, gearbox, Playstation, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    its not only blizzard it's also Square exnix, and GGG, Larian Studios, Ubisoft, CD Projekt Red, amazom, gearbox, Playstation, and more.
    its pretty much every company, but that doesnt sound dramatic enough for some people...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    damn, thats some next level guesswork...
    at my job we moved deadlines for some projects by 1-3 YEARS, 2-3 months blizz is behind is not half bad...
    Your projects, that are delayed, aren’t set on a sort of intended time frame and your company can handle delays of products not yet out

Ask yourself this, would WoW survive the same 1-2 years with no content from this point on? We both know the answer

It also helps to point out both eso and ff14 have put out tons of content, including well received expacs and patches, and have no problem being back on track

Nearly every game is back on track but wow

Something is happening behind the scenes besides just being a little bit behind, they are hopelessly behind.

They are almost to the point they’d be better off scrapping this expansion with a 9.1.5 and fleeing to 10.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    its pretty much every company, but that doesnt sound dramatic enough for some people...
    More or less ya, People either don't follow any game other then ow or just want to use some misinformation to shit on wow.

- - - Updated - - -

ontent from this point on? We both know the answer

It also helps to point out both eso and ff14 have put out tons of content, including well received expacs and patches, and have no problem being back on track

Nearly every game is back on track but wow
    Why are you lying?

Update: At the end of the Final Fantasy 14 keynote livestream, game director Naoki Yoshida gave a proper release date: November 23, 2021. He acknowledged that this is a bit later than expected due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and that the development team didn't want to compromise on features in order to release it early. We've updated the story below to reflect that.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/final-fan...ing-this-fall/

That works for SINGLE player titles such as god of war. A delay in that game is acceptable

But once you put an mmo out in the wild, delays are unacceptable.

If SL was in this dire of a situation, they shouldn’t have even launched it until like March

Even with delays they rushed SL out the door well before it was ready for prime time, and they seemed almost jarred that a lot of the content wasn’t well received. I suspect 9.1 was delayed due to heavy reworks because all of their content for SL is pretty terrible outside of m+ and raid. They probably had to go back to the drawing board so to speak, which also explains why 9.1 is kind of a lackluster patch

For as much time as they’ve had to work on 9.1, it should be the size of 4-5 WoW patches combined and instead.. it’s just a generic average patch. Nothing special about it other than a new raid.

The Covid delay excuses were valid in 2020, not 2021. Any company still using Covid as an excuse for their incompetence is lying

- - - Updated - - -

More or less ya, People either don't follow any game other then ow or just want to use some misinformation to shit on wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you lying?

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/final-fan...ing-this-fall/
    Reading comprehension is hard I guess for some

I said patches, and I listed ESO in there who did come out with an expansion just recently.

That’s checkmate

Your projects, that are delayed, aren’t set on a sort of intended time frame and your company can handle delays of products not yet out
    actualy, they are, the deadline was set by contractors we do the projects for... so yeah, we had to get and agreement with them and renegotiation of contracts in few cases, cost us some money but not much of a choice...

- - - Updated - - -

Ask yourself this, would WoW survive the same 1-2 years with no content from this point on? We both know the answer
    pointless question as the patch is delayed by few months, not years...

- - - Updated - - -

didnt they delay content too? im sure i read about that, but i have to admit i dont care much for that game... Daemos mentioned it too so seems about right...

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't think anyone would cover a bet that says Retail will lose zero players in the next 2 months if there is no new content patch. Hell they will lose some players even if patch 9.1 comes out tomorrow.
    You really don't wanna believe anything that is said... Small drop off means zero?
    God, i'm gonna love shoving this thread down your throat at the end of july

7+ Year Old Account

The Covid delay excuses were valid in 2020, not 2021. Any company still using Covid as an excuse for their incompetence is lying
    So why do you think FFXiv is using covid as an excuse? what are they hiding with there lies?

Reading comprehension is hard I guess for some

I said patches, and I listed ESO in there who did come out with an expansion just recently.

That’s checkmate
    Again why are you Lying? your post is right there for every one to see.

it also helps to point out both eso and ff14 have put out tons of content, including well received expacs and patches, and have no problem being back on track

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If we get 9.1 in July, which becomes more likely every day, January would be the month due to their normal release schedule. Even February would be okayish for a 9.2 release then.
    Why does everyone keep thinking its anything normal anymore at this point? Expansion itself was released over a month later... So exactly anything anyone got in their head is delayed by a minimum one month. Since patches are less important go ahead and assume 2 months off anything you think you think.
    So if you think late january? well, no, that means YOU think its earliest late march.

Something is happening behind the scenes besides just being a little bit behind, they are hopelessly behind.
    again with your asspulled "information"? why dont you get a break...
    they are few months behind, thats FAR from "hopelessly"...

- - - Updated - - -

They are almost to the point they’d be better off scrapping this expansion with a 9.1.5 and fleeing to 10.0
    yeah, no, not by a mile...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-13 at 09:17 PM.

The Covid delay excuses were valid in 2020, not 2021. Any company still using Covid as an excuse for their incompetence is lying.
    I just cannot believe that Covid could cause a multi-billion dollar corporation like Blizz to have their productivity dropped by 25-50%. I can see how there would have been a drop in productivity at the beginning when everybody was figuring out the working from home thing, that should have been over in a month or so. Longterm, maybe a 5% drop in productivity.

As soon as they realize that they are losing a lot of subs due to the delay, it will be released. If the subs keep rolling in, then they don't care how long it will take.

So why do you think FFXiv is using covid as an excuse? what are they hiding with there lies?

Again why are you Lying? your post is right there for every one to see.
    again, i listed ESO who did just drop an expansion. And let's not act as tho ff14 is without patches during this run either, that's being incredibly disingenuous of you.

And it's right there in the part you didn't highlight ESO. Read that sentence again, and then realize that again, reading comprehension is NOT THAT HARD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I just cannot believe that Covid could cause a multi-billion dollar corporation like Blizz to have their productivity dropped by 25-50%. I can see how there would have been a drop in productivity at the beginning when everybody was figuring out the working from home thing, that should have been over in a month or so. Longterm, maybe a 5% drop in productivity.

As soon as they realize that they are losing a lot of subs due to the delay, it will be released. If the subs keep rolling in, then they don't care how long it will take.
    This is what i said. Delaying from sept to november last year is 100% valid of an excuse with covid.

However, anything in 2021 using covid as an excuse is simply BS'ing, especially games like WoW who did launch an expansion.

Delaying an expansion or game due to covid is fine, but once that game is out in the wild you HAVE to support it.

If blizzard knew they were gonna be behind on 9.1 to this point, they shouldn't have even released SL til march.

This is pathetic for blizzard, or any company of their size.

7+ Year Old Account
    again, i listed ESO who did just drop an expansion. And let's not act as tho ff14 is without patches during this run either, that's being incredibly disingenuous of you.

And it's right there in the part you didn't highlight ESO. Read that sentence again, and then realize that again, reading comprehension is NOT THAT HARD
    What do you think "and have no problem being back on track" Means? because FFXIV isn't back on track and the reason they give is Covid, what are they lying about? why are they so incompetence? Why are you Lying that they are back on track?

Had always been under the impression that Blizz would design a new expansion and plan out the big patches and raid tiers, story etc at the same time while they’re working on all the new art assets.

Seems like they put Shadowlands out then went…. “Right, what happens next?”

I'm curious... When you wrote this line... Did the fact that classic and tbc classic being huge successes ever occur to you?
    Like, its almost 20 years old content and wont receive ANYTHING new for its entire life cycle and people still flock to it in MILLIONS....
    So i'm pretty sure you have no idea what the answer is..... Because you are wrong lol...

What do you think "and have no problem being back on track" Means? because FFXIV isn't back on track and the reason they give is Covid, what are they lying about? why are they so incompetence? Why are you Lying that they are back on track?
    Delaying an expansion's release is not the same, or even comparable to delaying patches for an expansion that's out. It's two different animals. Once it's out in the wild, you HAVE to support it.

Also, ff14 has done patches so nothing i said was wrong. ESO has dropped an entire expac and patches before that just fine.

Both games are basically back on track. Nearly every game company on the planet is essentially back on track, except for Blizzard which has fallen further and further behind.

Also, i'm not a fan of ff14 so i can't believe im defending them here, but the retail wow fanatics acting as if everyone is in the same boat as WoW are laughably and sadly, delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I'm curious... When you wrote this line... Did the fact that classic and tbc classic being huge successes ever occur to you?
    Like, its almost 20 years old content and wont receive ANYTHING new for its entire life cycle and people still flock to it in MILLIONS....
    So i'm pretty sure you have no idea what the answer is..... Because you are wrong lol...
    I'm actually a big fan of both classic and TBC, but you cannot compare SL to either of them. Both of those are iconic, there will NEVER be classic SL servers. Never.

Keep in mind too, that classic wow and classic TBC haven't been out for "20 years" either. TBC classic is barely 2 weeks old.

Why don't YOU ask why such a HUGE portion of the wow community would rather play a 20 year old version of the game than the modern SL? Could it be that a good game is a good game, forever, and SL is NOT a good game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Delaying an expansion's release is not the same, or even comparable to delaying patches for an expansion that's out. It's two different animals. Once it's out in the wild, you HAVE to support it.

Also, ff14 has done patches so nothing i said was wrong. ESO has dropped an entire expac and patches before that just fine.

Both games are basically back on track. Nearly every game company on the planet is essentially back on track, except for Blizzard which has fallen further and further behind.

Also, i'm not a fan of ff14 so i can't believe im defending them here, but the retail wow fanatics acting as if everyone is in the same boat as WoW are laughably and sadly, delusional.
    So to you being back on track means delaying expan's but not patches then? that's a pretty disingenuous way to lie to try and cover your previous lies.

why not just admit you were lying and FFxiv isn't back on track and they are still using covid as a reason why which in your words makes them Lying and incompetent.

I'm actually a big fan of both classic and TBC, but you cannot compare SL to either of them. Both of those are iconic, there will NEVER be classic SL servers. Never.

Keep in mind too, that classic wow and classic TBC haven't been out for "20 years" either. TBC classic is barely 2 weeks old.

Why don't YOU ask why such a HUGE portion of the wow community would rather play a 20 year old version of the game than the modern SL? Could it be that a good game is a good game, forever, and SL is NOT a good game?
    Do you mean that in the same way there would never NEVER EVER be a classic to begin with? Ohh yeh... sorry about that.
    Now you're just being a hypocrite toddler, talking about disingenuous and in the next breath claim that "TBC is barley 2 weeks old"... What?

This is you
    Will tbc classic receive any new content for the next 2 years? no? Ok then?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, you're absolutes right covid only affected wow devs so thats why they are suffering *rolleyes*