Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think Blizz will ever allow people to buy rating / gear directly?

This whole 2-step process that is rampant and allowed, where you buy gold via the wow token, then buy boosts and rating and gear. At what point do they just make it a 1-step process and have a vendor to buy gear, boosts an rating directly? It seems to me that with the population dwindling they will do something like that pretty soon.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

We're not allowed to call out your kind here, so stop it, just log off.

No if the facade was broken that openly people would quit on mass

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I HATE CHAOS View Post
    No if the facade was broken that openly people would quit on mass
    This. The middleman (aka boosters) is ALL that allows Blizzard and its acolytes to play dumb, so I don't think they will be stupid enough to sell the stuff directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No even a slight glance towards the market and it’s history would tell them it’s not worth the trouble and with profits growing with each quarter they have no reason to even consider it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This. The middleman (aka boosters) is ALL that allows Blizzard and its acolytes to play dumb, so I don't think they will be stupid enough to sell the stuff directly.
    At think at some point though all the boosting all over the place will break people down and get them to accept DIRECT sales from Blizzard.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    At think at some point though all the boosting all over the place will break people down and get them to accept DIRECT sales from Blizzard.
    that that would become extreme p2w tho killing wow forever

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    that that would become extreme p2w tho killing wow forever
    But if subs drop to a critical level, extreme p2w becomes viable i would think. You will have nothing BUT whales, but that's profit...

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole 2-step process that is rampant and allowed, where you buy gold via the wow token, then buy boosts and rating and gear. At what point do they just make it a 1-step process and have a vendor to buy gear, boosts an rating directly? It seems to me that with the population dwindling they will do something like that pretty soon.
    Unsure if you've followed the P2W thread, unlike the discussion of the token, what you are saying, is directly P2W and should not happen like that, at all. As some of us have agreed on, the boost is P2W (though for some, it is a stretch/minor) but your idea is directly by the definition of P2W and as said, shouldn't happen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    No they won’t, and you have no evidence that the population is dwindling.

Blizzard has never given any indication they would ever support a system like this. I think you’re trying to troll the forum, not have a real discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think Blizzard will ever allow this - the token is as close as they will come to it, and whether those two things are directly related is debatable. The boosting community is a parallel economy outside of Blizzard's control. It would exist (and has existed) well before the token's existence, and in that sense exists for every game or medium that has a competitive element to it.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-16 at 06:44 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Unsure if you've followed the P2W thread, unlike the discussion of the token, what you are saying, is directly P2W and should not happen like that, at all. As some of us have agreed on, the boost is P2W (though for some, it is a stretch/minor) but your idea is directly by the definition of P2W and as said, shouldn't happen.
    No one agreed anything, just because current individuals agree on something doesnt make it right, i said it on the other thread and got myself banned.

When a flat earther discusses with a flat earther about the earth being flat, of course you are gonna come out screaming "I AM RIGHT" because you agreed on something when we all know the actual truth and there are some screws loose and a very huge lack of knowledge in the discussion.

A pointless leveling boost in a game where the leveling is 1% of the actual gameplay (YES YES, IT TAKES YOU WEEKS BECAUSE YOU HAVE A JOB AND 20 KIDS, WE GET IT, AND FOR YOU ITS 90% OF THE GAME) doesnt mean there is any P2W element involved.

Its literally this analogy, there is a road, thats 10.000KM long every 1000KM there is a city but its locked out till a certain date.

Other started 2 years ago and they were inside the first city, living in the 1000KM part of the road, now the 2000KM city is open for business and they are allowed to go, meanwhile City 1000KM is a useless barren land because no one gives a fuck anymore, City 2000KM is cooler.

You literally buy to start from the 980KM to reach the 2000KM City, and somehow the 980 irrelevant KM are now P2W, like anyone ever cared about them when the actual stuff where inside the city.

LoooL why would blizzard do that?
    They already have the perfect system in place

"Is WoW Pay to Win?" is an actual discussion and makes everyone confused and not 100% sure what the hell it is.

Thats perfect.

Why would blizzard make it "OBVIOUSLY" pay to win? makes no sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No one agreed anything, just because current individuals agree on something doesnt make it right, i said it on the other thread and got myself banned.

When a flat earther discusses with a flat earther about the earth being flat, of course you are gonna come out screaming "I AM RIGHT" because you agreed on something when we all know the actual truth and there are some screws loose and a very huge lack of knowledge in the discussion.

A pointless leveling boost in a game where the leveling is 1% of the actual gameplay (YES YES, IT TAKES YOU WEEKS BECAUSE YOU HAVE A JOB AND 20 KIDS, WE GET IT, AND FOR YOU ITS 90% OF THE GAME) doesnt mean there is any P2W element involved.

Its literally this analogy, there is a road, thats 10.000KM long every 1000KM there is a city but its locked out till a certain date.

Other started 2 years ago and they were inside the first city, living in the 1000KM part of the road, now the 2000KM city is open for business and they are allowed to go, meanwhile City 1000KM is a useless barren land because no one gives a fuck anymore, City 2000KM is cooler.

You literally buy to start from the 980KM to reach the 2000KM City, and somehow the 980 irrelevant KM are now P2W.
    Dude, you are preaching to the wrong person. I wrote "some of us" which does not mean it is fully agreed, nor do I agree that the boost is P2W because it is a catch-up, you win nothing because you are only paying to reach current content. But to some desperate people, time is apparently power, and this it would full under the definition of P2W directly in their minds, it is a fat stretch.

But what OP suggests is by the book P2W, there is no stretch, no hidden arguments of indirect or direct P2W, no mile-long argument - nothing. OP suggests a direct purchase of power from the developer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Dude, you are preaching to the wrong person. I wrote "some of us" which does not mean it is fully agreed, nor do I agree that the boost is P2W because it is a catch-up, you win nothing because you are only paying to reach current content. But to some desperate people, time is apparently power, and this it would full under the definition of P2W directly in their minds, it is a fat stretch.

But what OP suggests is by the book P2W, there is no stretch, no hidden arguments of indirect or direct P2W, no mile-long argument - nothing. OP suggests a direct purchase of power from the developer.
    I know what he suggests, he is another one of those wow-retail haters because he cant press a button on every global cooldown therefor the version where 1 ability every 5 seconds exists, its somehow magically better.

My point was from your answer, it doesnt matter what flat earthers agree, the earth is round end of story, that threat and this threat is the same, it doesnt matter what mmo-champion posters agree on, they arent allowed an opinion on the matter for multiple reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think Blizzard will ever allow this - the token is as close as they will come to it, and whether those two things are directly related is debatable. The boosting community is a parallel economy outside of Blizzard's control. It would exist (and has existed) well before the token's existence, and in that sense exists for every game or medium that has a competitive element to it.
    I actualy think alot of buyable stuff is where we are heading towards.
    Blizzard does not seem to have any shame or connection with the players anymore.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I know what he suggests, he is another one of those wow-retail haters because he cant press a button on every global cooldown therefor the version where 1 ability every 5 seconds exists, its somehow magically better.

My point was from your answer, it doesnt matter what flat earthers agree, the earth is round end of story, that threat and this threat is the same, it doesnt matter what mmo-champion posters agree on, they arent allowed an opinion on the matter for multiple reasons.
    I cannot give you a like for your comment, or heart, or upvote, but.. Imagine it, please?

For I agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Blizzard does not seem to have any shame or connection with the players anymore.
    Being able to buy useless mounts, pets, and vanity trash is not the same as purchasing gear directly and skipping all of the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Eh, do not think there is anything about shame with selling mounts, cosmetics, and pets. People buy them, so there is no problem with the connection between them and their playerbase.

Not gonna happen.
    Error 404 - Signature not found