Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Good riddance. Are there any original Blizzard people left?
    Well. I wish there was, but a lot of the veterans have been connected to accepting, ignoring, or being the problems within the studio, among them being Alex A, Greg (GC), Mike M, J. Brack, and others.

So. Maybe it is true that new blood is needed, or the true spine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Aha ok. Steve Danuser is our great lead narrative designer of WoW and the guy that pushed Sylvanas for 3 expansions in a row.
    God I saw that name pop up a few times & figured it was a Twitch streamer or something Shows how much I care about the story I suppose.

But OT, it'll be interesting to see what the future holds for Blizzard with the seemingly reduced power at the top of the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    As I saw a comment say earlier today.
    Fantastic Shame he'll likely walk away with a severance package that'd choke an elephant.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ion is just a convenient community target dummy.
    He's basically tanking for whole WoW team. Hell, since SL he even started to be solo tank, cause Q&A were replaced by interviews with streamers and Josh is only in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I love how half this thread is "fuck women being harassed and discriminated against, I want WoW's development to change".

Stay classy MMO-C.
    I think a lot of players are afraid that activision will use this scandal to make blizzard a completely soulless cash grab company.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Good. I'm glad hes gone. Ion needs to go too or at least removed from his position and put in charge of raids only. I hear he does well there, but he has no idea or simply doesn't care about anything else. He's kept his mouth shut throughout the storm hitting Blizzard, essentially hiding under the radar, and I think being a lawyer has taught him not to cause attention to himself. He is absolutely terrible for the health of the game overall. Anything beyond boss design is outside is comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Who cares. He is a part of the reason why this expansion is so fucking shitty. He needs to get the hell out like the others. Sorry. I know a few people have a hardon for him but he was a part of why the last expansion sucked ass and definitely why the expansion sucks ass now. So between people grabbing and groping the female ass in the company, you also have developers making shitfest expansions. Blizzard NEEDS a whole damn revamp.
    I'd say the latter is more important, because if you are living not in the U.S. and you are not part of the california culture and politics, you care more about the direction of the product and i really bet people worldwide got angry over the fact the current product is bad, because the corporate is rotten to the core and not for any other reasons the customer has little to do with or can influence.(in short politics, uneathical behaviours etc)

That said, Brack was removed, ok, but who cares? He wasn't the games director. Its nice for him to play submarine to swim under the californias court radar, but it has nothing to do with the current horrid state of wow facing strong competition, more heads need to roll at Bastille Day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    He's basically tanking for whole WoW team. Hell, since SL he even started to be solo tank, cause Q&A were replaced by interviews with streamers and Josh is only in the background.
    That's actually hilarious cause it's true. He has Feasel offtank at times. And Josh is a healer. Guess they need some DPS tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    ion doesnt need to go. at best he can still stay but be the head of the raids and dungeons like in MoP.
    Fair enough. He's a good encounter designer, he's a very bad game designer.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's actually hilarious cause it's true. He has Feasel offtank at times. And Josh is a healer. Guess they need some DPS tho.
    I think healer is, you know, his salary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think healer is, you know, his salary.
    True, well worth it, IMO.

He just needs story and narrative teams stop with their shit so he won't have to do mental gymnastics and be forced to peddle the thing to the mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    JAB stepping down doesnt seem that significant. I mean, he inherited most of the problems. Although his talks with afrasiabi certainly did not change anything and need to be criticized, I feel like this ir more perfomative than anything else. If it were not performance I feel like Fran would be fired aswell. But so far, she appear to be holding fast to her position.

Not only that, but you cannot fire a single person and expect it to solve the company's problem. It is a little more complicated than that, I fear they might think this is enough.

It is not. Not nearly enough.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Really hope they keep the cubicles. It really increases my diversity and inclusivity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    He's the face of WoW, he gets blamed. It's as easy as that. Over the several years Ion has been Game Director, WoW has become worse and worse and just hit a new low with Shadowlands. Sorry, but he's the one in the chair that we know about so he gets the blame and shame.
    Shadowlands was such hot garbage even before the allegations it's very possible Ion will be fired just for doing a bad job later down the line. Obviously J. Allan Brack had to go first because this is about the Sexual allegations but that doesn't mean it stops there.

Usually new leadership likes to appoint people they approve of. Aka they often get rid of holdovers from previous management.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    WoW won't change until Ion is replaced

Wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post

Usually new leadership likes to appoint people they approve of. Aka they often get rid of holdovers from previous management.
    Hopefully.

Now, can they pls sack the elitist jerks guy who has been responsible for much of the shitshow since 2014 and bring someone in who understands what makes a good MMO.

Edit - spelling.....

Is it because he didn't adequately control his workers and supported the uprising?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Wrong again.
    So explain how not replacing the man in charge of the game will make the game better.

New leadership is from the Diablo team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think a lot of players are afraid that activision will use this scandal to make blizzard a completely soulless cash grab company.
    lmfao, as if 95% of the people commenting on internet discussion forums didn't already have this super unique take anyway.