Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Blizzard isn't arrogant? Let me remind you of "Don't you have phones?"
    If you looked at the event of that comment you can clearly see it wasn't a comment from arrogance. It was a comment from embarrassing panic...
    It was one worker getting some anxiety and said something stupid rather than something that can be attributed to the company as a whole.

Not saying blizzard isn't arrogant. But that comment is far from proof of it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Blizzard isn't arrogant? Let me remind you of "Don't you have phones?"
    They are arrogant and sanctimonious AF, which is hilarious considering the recent revelations.

But the quote, IMO, is a bad example. The guy was just thrown to the wolves, someone had to be the messenger and he pulled the short straw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    If you looked at the event of that comment you can clearly see it wasn't a comment from arrogance. It was a comment from embarrassing panic...
    It was one worker getting some anxiety and said something stupid rather than something that can be attributed to the company as a whole.

Ditto, the guy got ambushed. I actually felt for him.

Also, "you think you do but you don't" is pretty much their catchphrase and 100% shows their arrogance. "I don't care what changes you want. The game is working the way we want and if you don't like it, oh well." is pretty much what that phrase means.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizz View Post
    They are arrogant and sanctimonious AF, which is hilarious considering the recent revelations.

But the quote, IMO, is a bad example. The guy was just thrown to the wolves, someone had to be the messenger and he pulled the short straw.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto, the guy got ambushed. I actually felt for him.
    Yeah, having social anxiety myself... Watching that event I certainly feel for them. Imagine being the ones who have to go out there and announce a mobile game to a pc crowd. Then watching them trying to save it... Hate to even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Certainly it will. But Developers that use the community to fix problems they've created are not really that support worthy, if they exclude the community in the development process before. There are good examples of Devs, which have an open dev process, discuss problem with the community beforehand and that makes me forgive mistakes. Then there's Blizz, that hypes a game, sells tons of preorders and is very secretive about negative changes and only answers when called out for it. If you behave like you can deliver a perfect product without involving your community, then the product better be perfect. Especially if you charge full price for it.
    It's an attitude problem. And Blizzard displays this arrogant behaviour in many of their games.
    Afaicr Blizzard listened to a lot of feedback for D2R.

I understand not being able to play in LAN is a “miss” but everyone gives different importance to every feature, I basically play solo for example so it’s a 100% useless feature for me.

Also, "you think you do but you don't" is pretty much their catchphrase and 100% shows their arrogance. "I don't care what changes you want. The game is working the way we want and if you don't like it, oh well." is pretty much what that phrase means.
    You think you do but you don't is a vastly different comment in different circumstances. And yes, that shows arrogance. Phones comment does not due to a completely different scenario.

It's a bad case of rock star syndrome. Their past unprecedented successes gone to their heads and it reflected on their culture both internally and externally.

I hope after the ranks will get cleaned up and the remaining execs and higher ups will wake up from their drunken haze, they will realize that "times changed" and they will have to put effort and sacrifices to rebuild their whole clout, studio and name.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Afaicr Blizzard listened to a lot of feedback for D2R.
    Which wasn't developed by Blizzard for quite some time and frankly, only now is finished by Blizzard employees in name only.
    After all, Vicarious Visions wasn't integrated into Blizzard until earlier this year.

It really says a lot about the downfall of this company when Activision people / Studios become the "good guys" in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Which wasn't developed by Blizzard for quite some time and frankly, only now is finished by Blizzard employees in name only.

After all, Vicarious Visions wasn't integrated into Blizzard until earlier this year.
    That, actually, I don't mind one bit.

In my opinion Blizzard really needs a good injection of fresh blood and if D2R turns out good, then I don't mind one bit who made and how they ended up in Blizzard.

You think you do but you don't is a vastly different comment in different circumstances. And yes, that shows arrogance. Phones comment does not due to a completely different scenario.
    I'm willing to admit that it likely was a panic comment looking back on it. But the phrase "you think you do but you don't" is something they say pretty often whenever a lot of people ask for something in game. It's them basically saying they're making a great product and if you're not enjoying it, that's a you problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

It really says a lot about the downfall of this company when Activision people / Studios become the "good guys" in the story.
    I know it’s been devd by VV but this does not change the fact that they indeed listened to playerbase for feedback this time.

I fully understand the disappointment for the lack of LAN play but I don’t think it will impact THAT much the playerbase, nowadays LAN parties are rarer than pen&paper D&D sessions.

I suspect that the real issue is the consequent impossibility to mod the game in order for it to allow dupes, gameplay alterations and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizz View Post
    That, actually, I don't mind one bit.

In my opinion Blizzard really needs a good injection of fresh blood and if D2R turns out good, then I don't mind one bit who made and how they ended up in Blizzard.
    I know it’s been devd by VV but this does not change the fact that they indeed listened to playerbase for feedback this time.
    It's not so much pointing out an issue with the development of D2R but rather that the one game people are holding up was not developed by a staff that has been subjected to "Blizzard culture" for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    so we know pretty much nothing?
    I'm saying we don't know the exact details of what the misconduct was. All that I've seen is that Afrasiabi was fired for multiple sexual harassment complaints but they haven't said exactly what he did to cause those complaints.

I fully understand the disappointment for the lack of LAN play but I don’t think it will impact THAT much the playerbase, nowadays LAN parties are rarer than pen&paper D&D sessions.

I suspect that the real issue is the consequent impossibility to mod the game in order for it to allow dupes, gameplay alterations and so on.
    Imagine something that was standard is now considered impossible to achieve.

Jesus christ. Some of you were born in the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Imagine something that was standard is now considered impossible to achieve.

Jesus christ. Some of you were born in the wrong time.
    I am 47 and I play video games since 1980.

I LAN partied something like maybe 20 times in the last 40 years, so, sorry but for me is a near to useless feature, even more nowadays than back in the days.

If it’s a killer feature for you, again I’m sorry, don’t buy it or wait for cracks to come out.

"Cosby Room" buffoonery is Qanon for gamers. I'm convinced of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's not their job to support your piracy. lol. If you want to keep playing that, keep playing that. Otherwise buy D2R to play the modern looking D2. This is the biggest non-issue in the history of non-issues.
    If you don't know what to write, just write nothing instead of pulling a random 'piracy' that has nothing to do with my post and add some 'lulz'

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    If you don't know what to write, just write nothing instead of pulling a random 'piracy' that has nothing to do with my post and add some 'lulz'
    You're the one that said the reason people want this feature is so they can use unsupported third party mods online. It's not Blizzard's job to enable you to do that. If you want to play with your third party mods then use the old client. If you want to play an HD update of D2, play the official one. That's like being mad at Blizzard because they don't support the hentai mod in Hearthstone, or being mad at Capcom because they re-released Third Strike without all the weird shit you could do in an emulator.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're the one that said the reason people want this feature is so they can use unsupported third party mods online. It's not Blizzard's job to enable you to do that. If you want to play with your third party mods then use the old client. If you want to play an HD update of D2, play the official one. That's like being mad at Blizzard because they don't support the hentai mod in Hearthstone, or being mad at Capcom because they re-released Third Strike without all the weird shit you could do in an emulator.
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with piracy. You still need to buy the game.

Beside from that, this was the official statement from blizzard to mods

“We acknowledge that a big part of Diablo II’s longevity is the modding community and we appreciate their enthusiasm for the game. Classic Diablo II and its mods will continue to exist and we’re going to do our best to continue to support the mods for Diablo II: Resurrected as well."
    https://screenrant.com/diablo-2-resu...sist-blizzard/

So it's not an 'unsupported third party mods'. They were supported from blizzard up to this point. The said they won't even encrypt the gamefiles because a lot of players weren't even interested in the game without mods.

And again, it's not about cat heads on barbs.

It's about adding new classes, acts and fixing bugs.

And after they said mods will still exists a big chunk of people who wouldn't be interested in the boring base game itself preordered the game and now they just removed the feature that was needed to play custom diablo online.
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2021-08-13 at 05:25 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with piracy. You still need to buy the game.

Beside from that, this was the official statement from blizzard to mods

“We acknowledge that a big part of Diablo II’s longevity is the modding community and we appreciate their enthusiasm for the game. Classic Diablo II and its mods will continue to exist and we’re going to do our best to continue to support the mods for Diablo II: Resurrected as well."
    https://screenrant.com/diablo-2-resu...sist-blizzard/

So it's not an 'unsupported third party mods'. They were supported from blizzard up to this point. The said they won't even encrypt the gamefiles because a lot of players weren't even interested in the game without mods.

And again, it's not about cat heads on barbs.

It's about adding new classes, acts and fixing bugs.

And after they said mods will still exists a big chunk of people who wouldn't be interested in the boring base game itself preordered the game and now they just removed the feature that was needed to play custom diablo online.
    Well now I'm just mad at Bungie because I can't use my unsupported Halo mods online. And FYI no you do not need to buy D2 to play over TCP/IP, if you think piracy isn't rampant in the D2 community just lol. You might be the only human being in the scene that's using a legit copy.

Blizzard supports mods in the sense that they let you do it, but they don't offer any support for them beyond that. If you want to keep playing your modded game by all means keep using your classic client. If you want to play the official D2 game with updated graphics and such buy D2R. Again, total nonissue. You're just being outraged for the sake of it. You can keep on doing exactly what you're doing.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest