Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The way it sounds, the horde need a grand-er scheme. The alliance are somehow realizing their role in our lives. Lets create something to distract them from this battle so we can focus our efforts elsewhere, thus weakening them in other areas.

Lets bring them plagues and famines. We did earthquakes and what not. Did the whole bug/swarm thing. Yeah. Lets kill the ones who seem to be gaining traction with the faction. Kill them or take them prisoner.

The horde need to take threads like this seriously. And squash these puney alliance souls a lesson in who is boss.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    You do realize that this pop-singer was an actual person, unlike the night elves, right ? I feel the need to ask, because you really look like the line between fiction and reality is blurry to you.

Yeah, I heard of a lot of people being really invested in fictional characters. They drive actors to quit and throw people into depression. The most toxic fandoms are full of really invested people. As you say there's a line. And I don't think it's just the death threat. Death threat are psychotic. People need to stop before even approaching that and realize they're just throwing a tantrum.

Complaining and joking about the shitty writing, yeah that's fine. We're all in that trainwreck, Horde or Alliance. Acting like you're the one being stabbed and murdered, talking about faction pride as if you actually live in that fictional country. It's crazy talk.

I remember during BFA when players claimed that the Horde couldn't possibly be resurrected as undead, because they'd turn into wisps. It was a pretty stupid and ignorant take, but they whined and whined until the quest got changed and you'd get some wisps popping here and there. They were called "Angry wisps" and I found it kinda funy because they could have been called "Angry forum comments" to be more accurate.

But if that's the kind of thing that comes from really invested people, then I really think we should have less invested people.

Talking about lore doesn't require you to be in roleplay mode, it's mostly pointless even. It can be cute and funny, but not in this instance.
    And people get mad over “not real” things either. As above mentioned Star Wars fans and etc. Besides, she dosent get mad about any other deadly accident jokes, sole reason this man is so important is because she was a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And people get mad over “not real” things either. As above mentioned Star Wars fans and etc. Besides, she dosent get mad about any other deadly accident jokes, sole reason this man is so important is because she was a fan.
    Yeah. But it's a real person nonetheless. And are you really going to take one the most toxic fandom as an example ?

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    The way it sounds, the horde need a grand-er scheme. The alliance are somehow realizing their role in our lives. Lets create something to distract them from this battle so we can focus our efforts elsewhere, thus weakening them in other areas.

Lets bring them plagues and famines. We did earthquakes and what not. Did the whole bug/swarm thing. Yeah. Lets kill the ones who seem to be gaining traction with the faction. Kill them or take them prisoner.

The horde need to take threads like this seriously. And squash these puney alliance souls a lesson in who is boss.
    And you end up in camps… but this time there will be large, really large washrooms for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. But it's a real person nonetheless. And are you really going to take one the most toxic fandom as an example ?
    Its literally any fandom. From Tolkien fans to Star Track to Game of Thrones to even god forsaken and damned MLP to anime fandoms and any other.

People. Get. Mad. When their favourite hobby turns into shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You do know that there's three letters in the game that make why the "annual war crime whoopsie" can't not happen right? It is called World of WARcraft....
    We could wage war on somebody or something else, maybe even something that can be defeated, it's not the war that bothers people, it's the "Wet firecracker" ending it inevitably gets...

There must always be a Horde and an Alliance, so the Horde can't win (They fight for keeps), and the Alliance must always forgive (Lawful stupid, y'all!), i can't imagine that being even remotely satisfying to even the most fanatical "War in WARcraft"-devotee.

Same with Tyrande "Choosing renewal", it's just putting her back on her leash again because she was *gasp* an Alliance member who was *not* willing to forgive and forget a Horde attack, how dare she!

Let the Alliance start some shit for once, start an expansion with a splinter-faction of the Alliance wiping some Horde settlement off the face of the planet, if we absolutely *must* have war (I don't see that need, not after how many times we teamed up to save the world, but for the sake of argument...), for once let the Alliance start it instead of having to act shocked when the Horde attacks, yet again.

Although, to get back at the real subject (Sorry for digressing), I also would like to see crossfaction gameplay.

I'm tired of losing the mobs I'm targeting to some dude with an orange nametag.

I'd like the Horde council to actually go somewhere and be something.

I wonder if we're gonna have another cosmic expansion or if we're getting back to forging that peace. We could always make war against the usual tribal suspects.

Its literally any fandom. From Tolkien fans to Star Track to Game of Thrones to even god forsaken and damned MLP to anime fandoms and any other.

People. Get. Mad. When their favourite hobby turns into shit.
    I think it's mostly an american thing. I'm on a French server and we're pretty chill when agreeing that things are turning to shit.

Also MLP never turned to shit. The brony fandom though... Oh boy, the absolute states they went through.
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2021-08-16 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    We could wage war on somebody or something else, maybe even something that can be defeated, it's not the war that bothers people, it's the "Wet firecracker" ending it inevitably gets...

There must always be a Horde and an Alliance, so the Horde can't win (They fight for keeps), and the Alliance must always forgive (Lawful stupid, y'all!), i can't imagine that being even remotely satisfying to even the most fanatical "War in WARcraft"-devotee.

Same with Tyrande "Choosing renewal", it's just putting her back on her leash again because she was *gasp* an Alliance member who was *not* willing to forgive and forget a Horde attack, how dare she!

Let the Alliance start some shit for once, start an expansion with a splinter-faction of the Alliance wiping some Horde settlement off the face of the planet, if we absolutely *must* have war (I don't see that need, not after how many times we teamed up to save the world, but for the sake of argument...), for once let the Alliance start it instead of having to act shocked when the Horde attacks, yet again.
    *Start and be competent about it. Because compared to War of Thorns the attack on Undercity was Alliance literally forgetting to pull their pants up, tripping themselves and face-planting inti shit after taking a dump.

This was pathetic show, even by usual low standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Although, to get back at the real subject (Sorry for digressing), I also would like to see crossfaction gameplay.

I'm tired of losing the mobs I'm targeting to some dude with an orange nametag.

I'd like the Horde council to actually go somewhere and be something.

I wonder if we're gonna have another cosmic expansion or if we're getting back to forging that peace. We could always make war against the usual tribal suspects.

I think it's mostly an american thing. I'm on a French server and we're pretty chill when agreeing that things are turning to shit.

Also MLP never turned to shit. The brony fandom though... Oh boy, the absolute states they went through.
    Russian fandom is largely the same, they just have a bit more… time before imploding.

This was pathetic show, even by usual low standards.
    The cons of having battles written by people with no strategy notions whatsoever.

Remember when the Alliance sacrificed half an army of the people who just joined their faction in a dumb swamp, just to give some drama stakes to the invasion of a city ?

Peak military genius.

Russian fandom is largely the same, they just have a bit more… time before imploding.
    Russian are known to be hardcore in too many ways, yeah. I'm usually not surprised at how extra they can get, but hearing of the Church of Gadget really got me.

The cons of having battles written by people with no strategy notions whatsoever.

Remember when the Alliance sacrificed half an army of the people who just joined their faction in a dumb swamp, just to give some drama stakes to the invasion of a city ?

Peak military genius.

Russian are known to be hardcore in too many ways, yeah. I'm usually not surprised at how extra they can get, but hearing of the Church of Gadget really got me.
    Ah yes, thats some oldschool shit. Likely a first and oldest waifu-cult in Russia.

Ah yes, thats some oldschool shit. Likely a first and oldest waifu-cult in Russia.
    But they are mostly harmless... Right ?

But they are mostly harmless... Right ?
    Yeah. Aside from being first russian furries.

Ha yeah. Of course xD

Are there any active plans to exile them to Norilsk or will we have to wait?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

So the war Alliance and Horde get put on the backburner. It's not peace, it's just not pertinent at the time.

Instead the Horde and the Alliance can join covenants. Players within a covenant are friendly to each other and can communicate. Players from different covenants are hostile but can communicate along faction lines.

The covenants fucking hate each other. It's a complete war between all of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    You must understand that, no one want renewal besides Steven Danuser, and maybe his writing team, no one want to hug each other, isn't like horde or their players are ok with it, or even profiting out of it..

Shit is happening to all races, systematically, since before mop, night elves are not nearly enough bad compared to others, yes, some npcs died, but every race lost their npcs, and non named npcs for a number of reasons, at least your leaders characters are alive.

And by the previous expansions logic, it does not matter if the lore is crap, if its being focused is what matter, and they are being heavily focused for 3 expansions in a row now.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Precisely.

It's always funny how Horde players always have the gall to say stuff like "But it's warcraft, it's the point, war crimes will happen because it's the setting, deal with it!!!! not peacecraft, warcrat!!!!", but then they still cry and moan about Camp Taurajo, which was an insignificant little camp
    it always funny how the alliance bring taurujo more than the horde players itself, just beautiful, like that is the only thing the alliance ever did since warcraft 1 and that absolve then from any criticism.

and of course trying to downplay then, just because quantity, which is, clearly, not the point.

So would Horde players understand that the Alliance nuking Orgrimmar or Silvermoon is for the sake of the setting and the plot, and would come to terms with it, or would they start complaining that Blizzard has a bias against them? Hmm...
    Horde is being nuked narratively for the sake of plot since vanila, what the hell are you talking about? Just because the horde didn't cease to exist does not mean they are in better position, not suffer anything or the alliance is getting worse.

This time they just decided to give alliance all the bias and focus they were accused to give to horde, asked for, shall receive it

And for your your question, no, they cannot nuke orgrimmar, neither stormwind, because those are the main faction cities hubs, its where everything mechanically is located, silvermoon is in the TBC limbo and is worthless "nuking it'.

AND, they did nuke forsaken capital by their own leader who abandoned then, just because they didn't nuke the city you wanted i does not mean its not valid, they are in worse state compared to night elves, because you know, night elves are not going to be lead by a horde character, and they have another place to go like Hyjal, something the forsakens don't have it.

It's easy to say "but it's Warcraft, this needs to happen, deal with it" when your favourite is not on the receiving end of the genocide.
    its even easier to complain now when start to smell close to the race you like, while it was being ignored for years cause the other races didn't matter.

Like hey, dwarves even exist in the game?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-16 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Forums got equally overloaded with just as many Horde players saying this was fucking awful.

View things through whatever color glasses you feel like, but it doesn't make the other colors disappear.
    I was sick back then and spent most time browsing forums and playing games. It really looked like forum majority was all for genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Are there any active plans to exile them to Norilsk or will we have to wait?
    They are too cunning to be so easily defeated.

Also, what about the post itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Seems like this thread have to pop every day or so, you must understand that, no one want renewal besides Steven Danuser, and maybe his writing team, no one want to hug each other, isn't like horde or their players are ok with it, or even profiting out of it..

Shit is happening to all races, systematically, since before mop, night elves are not nearly enough bad compared to others, yes, some npcs died, but every race lost their npcs, and non named npcs for a number of reasons, at least your leaders characters are alive.

And by the previous expansions logic, it does not matter if the lore is crap, if its being focused is what matter, and they are being heavily focused for 3 expansions in a row now.

it always funny how the alliance bring taurujo more than the horde players itself, just beautiful, like that is the only thing the alliance ever did since warcraft 1 and that absolve then from any criticism.

and of course trying to downplay then, just because quantity, which is, clearly, not the point.

Horde is being nuked narratively for the sake of plot since vanila, what the hell are you talking about? Just because the horde didn't cease to exist does not mean they are in better position, not suffer anything or the alliance is getting worse.

This time they just decided to give alliance all the bias and focus they were accused to give to horde, asked for, shall receive it

And for your your question, no, they cannot nuke orgrimmar, neither stormwind, because those are the main faction cities hubs, its where everything mechanically is located, silvermoon is in the TBC limbo and is worthless "nuking it'.

AND, they did nuke forsaken capital by their own leader who abandoned then, just because they didn't nuke the city you wanted i does not mean its not vallid, they are in worse state compared to night elves, because you know, night elves are not going to be lead by a horde character, and they have another place to go like Hyjal, something the forsakens don't have it.

its even easier to complain now when start to smell close to the race you like, while it was being ignored for years cause the other races didn't matter.

Like hey, dwarves even exist in the game?
    Oh so horrible, Sylvanas abandoned Forsaken.

After what we learned of Elune and whole change of elven culture it would have being BETTER if Elune abandoned them.

Forsaken will be fine , they have all their fangs and muscles in tact, and it looks like Calia will be the “advisory” character if she even gets lumped with them.

Night elves didnt just “lost NPCs” they lost (over a ling period of time) any semblance of identity, pride and strength.

Imagine if Forsaken were some decrepit, barely surviving caretakers of Lordaeron, meekly protesting when Alliance chad paladins ride in and start setting up huge fuck-off churches and taking over their land. But at least Forsaken would have had a “lot of content” related to some dusty ruins and history channel level stuff.

This is what night elves are. Literal embodiment of impotence. Their “biggest deal ever” aka the Night Warrior reduced to a wet fart and thrown back to a cauldron of peace.

Playing them brings unironical pain and feeling of being cucked. Because playing pathetic, snivelling hippies in a game about WAR is NOT fun.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You do know that there's three letters in the game that make why the "annual war crime whoopsie" can't not happen right? It is called World of WARcraft....
    Craft is in the name too. So why isn't the game based on crafting everything?

Because it's just a name and doesn't mean what you are trying to make it mean.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh so horrible, Sylvanas abandoned Forsaken.
    Like i said, always trying to donwplay everything else trying to appeal to pity, to prove somehow the race you like is in the worse spot and worse than every other race, this almost sound like americans/europeans complaining about their "shit lives" while the rest of the world is clearly more fucked up in all points.
    After what we learned of Elune and whole change of elven culture it would have being BETTER if Elune abandoned them.
    Sylvanas WAS the forsaken, she MADE then, they were nothing before her, they are literally devoid of all narrative and focus now and will have to be lead by an alliance character, showing how fucked up they are.

Forsaken will be fine , they have all their fangs and muscles in tact, and it looks like Calia will be the “advisory” character if she even gets lumped with them.
    Yeah, sure they will be fine, without logic and future, without a city and being lead by the alliance character, but oh no, poor night elves, they lost hum,,, yeah, some npcs, they will have to cry on their new capital
    Night elves didnt just “lost NPCs” they lost (over a ling period of time) any semblance of identity, pride and strength.
    Again, let me re-prhase for you

This thing you said has being happening to a lot of other races, systematically for a while now,

It literally happened to every single, horde race thus far.

I know its hard for you and some others to believe, cause what matter is the race you like, thats fine, rly, you get attached to the race you like more, normal, but every horde race and the faction itself, lost semblance of identity, pride and strength. You are complaining with a full belly.

Im not saying your complain is not valid, because is totally vallid, but being hysterical and attacking/blaming the other faction, or acting they are the worse race, or the ones who suffered the most is going to turn the complain into a meme.

Hell, i hate elves, in general, but even im complaining about the night elves development too, especially the thing about elune and the genocide, because it attacks the lore of the game in general.

Imagine if Forsaken were some decrepit, barely surviving caretakers of Lordaeron, meekly protesting when Alliance chad paladins ride in and start setting up huge fuck-off churches and taking over their land. But at least Forsaken would have had a “lot of content” related to some dusty ruins and history channel level stuff.
    Again, appeal to pity is not going to change things

This is what night elves are. Literal embodiment of impotence. Their “biggest deal ever” aka the Night Warrior reduced to a wet fart and thrown back to a cauldron of peace.

Playing them brings unironical pain and feeling of being cucked. Because playing pathetic, snivelling hippies in a game about WAR is NOT fun.

are you just oblivious to every race around you? they are still in far better position than dwarves and worgens by example, and their players are not complaining every day about it, because is pointless.

The thing is, your sentiment is not unique, is not like only you have it, because the night elves are worse, they are in a far better position than a bunch of others races

Those races that have this same sentiment, because the lore as a whole is garbage and the writing team can't develop the races in a satisfactory way to save their lives

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    You see what you want to see.

There was not a single post that I saw back then that had anything but rage over the fact that Blizzard would make the Horde do that. The countless "I'm switching Alliance" posts. The repeated pleading not to let them go through with this. The number of Undead who felt remorse for picking Undead over Sylvanas, the number of Tauren who wouldn't be able to look at their character the same way - It was constant.
    People just ignore everything else besides their pretty elves.

A friend of mine who show me wow, 10 years ago, only played taurens, his main was a druid, had to quit wow until shadowlands of how bad he felt about his character in the pre-patch.

every race and faction is fucked, isn't like the night elves are in the worse position
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-16 at 12:56 PM.

Well, actually i would want “renewal” if it was any other setting the WoW and any other narrative team.

And if it wasnt the Nth time we have to do this song and dance.

I am tired, mentally done with “renewal” because it will not last a moment. Because it will never affect the game.

Is that just me or… it feels dreadful. Do you feel that too?

I am not even against “renewal” now! Yes for fucks sake, i am at the point where getting over a mutilation of my favourite race is fine with me. I can find it in me to hug it out with the Horde. (If you wash first).

But its worthless! If we have to crush our own necks for this “renewal”, swallow whatever pride we have left, spit on the ashes of the dead and move on through pain and despair then it should MEAN SOMETHING!

For example - cross faction gameplay. Not “merging” factions but having like “cross faction hubs” where people can group up for dungeons and other content.

Actual lasting, respectful peace between Horde and Alliance. No more of that “annual war crime whoopsie”.

Show of good will from the Horde and Alliance towards each other, whatever form those exchanges and interactions may take.

Such colossal act of peacemaking and change should have feasible effects on the world.

But it wont! We will not have cross faction PvE. We wont have new quests showing cooperation. We will not be allowed to activate the “peace mode” in open world and walk into each other cities.

We will have another faction war in two… maaaaybe three expansions and endless retarded “we no friends despite plot saying we are” moments before that.

If you want us to have peace then have balls to show just how peaceful we can get Blizz!
    Tl;dr blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Like i said, always trying to donwplay everything else trying to appeal to pity, to prove somehow the race you like is in the worse spot and worse than every other race, this almost sound like americans/europeans complaining about their "shit lives" while the rest of the world is clearly more fucked up in all points.

Sylvanas WAS the forsaken, she MADE then, they were nothing before her, they are literally devoid of all narrative and focus now and will have to be lead by an alliance character, showing how fucked up they are.

Yeah, sure they will be fine, without logic and future, without a city and being lead by the alliance character, but oh no, poor night elves, they lost hum,,, yeah, some npcs, they will have to cry on their new capital

Again, let me re-prhase for you

This thing you said has being happening to a lot of other races, systematically for a while now,

It literally happened to every single, horde race thus far.

I know its hard for you and some others to believe, cause what matter is the race you like, but every horde race, and the faction itself, lost semblance of identity, pride and strength. Uou are complaning with a full belly.

Again, appeal to pity is not going to change things

Again, are you just oblivious to every race around you? they are still in far better position than dwarves and worgens by example, and their players are not complaining every day about it, because is pointless.

The thing is, your sentiment is not unique, is not like only you have it, because the night elves are worse, they are in a far better position than a bunch of others races

Those races that have this same sentiment, because the lore as a whole is garbage and the writing team can't develop the races in a satisfactory way to save their lives
    You brought DWARVES of all races as an example?

The most stable races in WoW history. Worst thing they had was grudge match between Dark Irons and Bronzebeards.

Now they have all clans united and going stronger then they ever did.

Also if you want to just dismiss anything i say because you have a hill to die on and that weird “me hate elvez ugh” mentality, thats fine, but do not pretend that your position is the “ultimately right” one because its subjective as hell.

Most horde races have strong record of martial victories and generally “tough” performance. Minus the tauren. But even they did better then night elves post-Taurajo in terms of revenge.

Forsaken have no leader… for now. When they get one it will be Voss with Calia being an advisor, and dont worry you will keep the torture racks and blight vats, they will never dare to declaw you.

You had Faol for how long? And he basically Calia but less shiny. He is her mentor for fucks sake.

What night elves have? New city? Not even close. They won Darkshore. ONE ZONE out of three they lost. Ashenvale still under Horde and Teldrassil is gone.

Horde races at least allowed to hate and take vengeance, again, mentioning Taurajo and how tauren then pretty much decimated Alliance army, killed general Hawthorn and went to blow up dwarven fortress and kill a dude who wronged them in Vanilla too.

So if you, arrogant snob (not to say anything worse to get banned) want to argue, at least bring better arguments next time.
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2021-08-16 at 01:03 PM.