Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    They are manipulating players to make MAU numbers higher.
    Yes, its called business.
    You incentivize (aka manipulate) consumers to pay or engage with your products.

Every company before Blizzard has done it, Blizzard has been doing it since their inception, every company after Blizzard will continue doing it.

Yes, it sucks.
    But the issue lies in capitalism itself rather than Blizzard as an individual company, Blizzard is just doing exactly what it was created for to do: make profit.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't clearly defined first of all. There is 1 line that defines it in an investors report thats hidden away by dozens of notations. Its even mislabeled "MONTHLY" active user is anyone who logs in just ONCE during a QUARTER.
    It is clearly defined. It isn't one line but a paragraph. It isn't mislabeled as monthly when it is quarterly. They clearly state that they take the average MAU when reporting statistics over a period greater than one month.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes, its called business.
    You incentivize (aka manipulate) consumers to pay or engage with your products.

Every company before Blizzard has done it, Blizzard has been doing it since their inception, every company after Blizzard will continue doing it.

Yes, it sucks.
    But the issue lies in capitalism itself rather than Blizzard as an individual company, Blizzard is just doing exactly what it was created for to do: make profit.
    Yes this is it!

All companies do it, as long as you sling mud at all companies then there's no problem slinging mud at Blizzard too
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Nope it's not, in order for it to be dishonest they would have to say something like "we are doing this promotion because we love you guys!" then it'd be dishonest. Instead they are just releasing a promotion like all companies do no big deal, but we all know why they are doing it whether or not it's said and it's still manipulation.
    So per your definition then Blizzard is not manipulating. Because they are not being dishonest and are displaying scruples.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I expected nothing and was still disapointed

Looking at these forums and the people literally unable to read a simple post is truly magical. The dozens of people who seem to exist on these forums to solely find a flaw in every post (even if it has to be completely and utterly fabricated from bullshit) in order to bash blizzard/hate on wow is truly sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really really really hope they will continue this with one mount per new Hearthstone expansion, essentially making these the new TCG mounts. We need more crossover promotions between these two games <3.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is clearly defined. It isn't one line but a paragraph. It isn't mislabeled as monthly when it is quarterly. They clearly state that they take the average MAU when reporting statistics over a period greater than one month.
    You wouldn't be saying that if you read through an actual investors report becuase its wrong completely. I don't know what point you're trying to make and I'm not sure you do either. Theres a reason MAUs have been defined that way for well over a decade and people only became aware of it a month ago, thanks to that pretty paragraph you're referring to.

What it boils down to is either you just like to argue with people for no real purpose other than attention, or you're perfectly ok with being manipulated and exploited. Theres no other reason to defend the behavior, that I'm aware of. Either way, you're mentally corrupt in my opinion and nothing I say will ever convince you to change.

Typical cross-promo MAU-boosting stuff. "hoo ray" ...

At least it isn't a store mount or tied to the 6-mo sub.

15+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't be saying that if you read through an actual investors report becuase its wrong completely.
    It isn't wrong and is something you would know if it you looked at investor reports. People did not only become aware of Blizzard's definition of MAU a month ago. Well some could have. But Blizzard hasn't changed it since they started reporting using MAU instead of subscription numbers.

Standing up to you making false statements is not arguing with a person for no real purpose. A promotion is not manipulating or exploiting someone just because it exists. There is plenty of reason to defend promotions. They offer increased value for a product that you may or may not use. The only reason to hate promotions is if you have no self control or lack the ability to understand the value and terms of the promotion.

So per your definition then Blizzard is not manipulating. Because they are not being dishonest and are displaying scruples.
    Excluding a portion of the truth is dishonest
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Would be a dull thread w/o FelPlague defending Blizzard marketing like clockwork.
    Same could be said about people hating on blizzard for the sake of hating on blizzard.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Same could be said about people hating on blizzard for the sake of hating on blizzard.
    Or, and I'm just putting this out there, maybe they are hating on Blizzard because they are shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Or, and I'm just putting this out there, maybe they are hating on Blizzard because they are shit?
    Blizz: Have free mount for playing abit hearthstone.

-REEE, MAU MANIPULATIVE BLIZZARD, PATHETIC, LATEST BUZZWORD.

Yeah looks totally like a legimative reason to hate.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Excluding a portion of the truth is dishonest
    A portion of the truth was not excluded. You just said Blizzard wasn't dishonest and now claim they are. Which is it?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They are manipulating players to make MAU numbers higher.
    Login for 9.1.5 - 1 mau
    Login for hearthstone mount - 1 mau
    Login to see the new classic season - 1 mau
    They have diablo coming out for an additional mau, which just leaves Overwatch and you can bet there will be something released for OW that you have to login this quarter to collect, for an additional mau. Thats possibly 5 mau counts per player this quarter. Its clear manipulation.
    You know this only counts as 1 MUA right? They take the total number and divide it by 3 for the 3 months in the quarter. if you only play all 3 in the first month of the quarter and then drop 2 you’d only be 1.5 MUA on there report if you played all of them and dropped them all you’d be 1 and only if you played all 3 each month in the quarter would you be counted as 3 MUA.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

A portion of the truth was not excluded. You just said Blizzard wasn't dishonest and now claim they are. Which is it?
    Both

By rule of law they have done nothing wrong, but we all know they are doing what companies do and excluding why they are doing it hence they are dishonest.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You can make drinking game out of this - take a shot every time someone thinks it's store/6 month sub mount.
    Uhhhhhhh. The Skyblazer IS a 6 month subscription mount. Genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Shitposts that cant read and QQ about 6months sub arriving in 3,2,1...
    Actually the only ones who can't read are yourselves and the other addicts that defend Blizzard with whatever trash and store mounts they put on your platter even NOW. The Skyblazer is 100 percent a 6 month subscription mount. Incoming Blizzard shills who are addicted and refuse to admit the game is trash and so are they in 3.......2......1.......

15+ Year Old Account
    Both By rule of law they have done nothing wrong, but we all know they are doing what companies do and excluding why they are doing it hence they are dishonest.
    So you lied when you said Blizzard wasn't dishonest? You literally can't have it be both. Either they are dishonest or they are not.

So you lied when you said Blizzard wasn't dishonest? You literally can't have it be both. Either they are dishonest or they are not.
    I just explained it?

You literally can
    My Collection