Poll: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is no another possibility - everyone wants to move away from this shishow ASAP, Blizzard and players.

And unlike WOD, here 9.2 will be a completely logical end point for Shadowlands naturally, without any need to artificially bloat this expansion further. This expansion is on its last leg, the story, the theme, the systems - vast majority want to be done with this shit and Blizzard as well.
    You pretty much proved his point.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they skipped Wod, who had way more potential and fun content i don't see why they would even waste time in failing to salvage this shitshow of expansion

Lore is garbage gameplay is bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You pretty much proved his point.
    If you say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If they skipped Wod, who had way more potential and fun content i don't see why they would even waste time in failing to salvage this shitshow of expansion

Lore is garbage gameplay is bad
    It's not even that, like they actually would need to strain and make up more derailing shit to even make 9.3 a thing instead of like... simply continuing from where we stopped and finishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Would you rather Blizzard delay 10.0 until 2023, or have 9.2 as the last patch in the beg of 2022 with a 10-11 month content draught leading to 10.0. Or you could have 9.2 in Jan, 9.3 in August, and 10.0 in May/June 2023.

I would rather they just give us a decent last patch with no bullshit systems. Let us play that for nearly a year, and have the team full speed ahead making 10.0 good. Get 9.2 out and start Alpha asap, pref in the Spring of 2022, that way we have plenty of time for feedback to be "hopefully" listened to.
    For now skipping 9.3 is inevitable, because 9.2 isn't even in development.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you say so.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not even that, like they actually would need to strain and make up more derailing shit to even make 9.3 a thing instead of like... simply continuing from where we stopped and finishing it.
    There is so much bullshit going on right now, that cannot even wrap my head of how we will have two more patches worth of lore, for real. I think they will prob use their old formula, that the X.2 patch looks likea filler unrelated patch but with a connection to the last one, and the "epic finale" is x.3

Broken shore and nazj'atar were pretty much this, but i would rather a gunshot in the left nut than more of bald janitor and sylvanus bullshit.

Nuh huh, world is about to end and covenants will go pound some drust or devourers, while we get another year of doing hell knows what instead of finally wrapping up the story. Totally makes sense.

Wake up. 9.2 is the end - it will be Zereth Mortis + Northrend BS + dealing with Mawduin and Jailer and finishing up this shitshow.

People that think that there will be 9.3 are as funny as people who think there won't be 9.2.
    ? I gave you very clear reasons they could go elsewhere, just as the Primus had us reforge the sigils, he could have us search for weapons, or better yet have to gather material that is exotic (aka other realms) in order to reforge the Arbiters Sigil since it was originally Zovaals, and can't be readily crafted. You say finally wrapping up the story but part of the flow of an expansion is to seed the next expansion, and with us having to visit other places to gather material for the sigil it can give us various opportunities/locations to go to in 10.0, or at least leave behind a possible future villain.

Don't have to wake up, just because I can imagine dozens of different paths Blizzard takes to, if you can't I'm sorry that is kind of sad. People that can't imagine a 9.3 are as sad as people that believe life has no purpose and question why we live.

9.2 is the end - it is clear as day that either you stop Jailer now or it's done. And that now is 9.2, it won't be another shitshow of dealing with Mawduin and Jailer fucking off again, he has nowhere left to fuck off - he already has everything he needs and we will be busy stopping him once and for all before he pops us all.
    Not really, Zovaal wasn't seeking someone doomsday device to end the world on his way to the Speulcher, he was seeking knowledge. It isn't "clear as day", much like where he went with his new golden portal isn't clear. Try to not be so limiting in your imagination, it makes for a very dull life.

There is so much bullshit going on right now, that cannot even wrap my head of how we will have two more patches worth of lore, for real. I think they will prob use their old formula, that the X.2 patch looks likea filler unrelated patch but with a connection to the last one, and the "epic finale" is x.3

Broken shore and nazj'atar were pretty much this, but i would rather a gunshot in the left nut than more of bald janitor and sylvanus bullshit.
    You have 9.2 be a "seed" patch, where we visit either other realms or exotic locations in Shadowlands to gather things (like perhaps the materials needed to craft a new Arbiter Sigil), and while doing so we see either the new place we go in 10.0, or at least run into some foes/catalysts that cause 10.0's issues/conflict. I think with how well received the Brokers/Tasavesh has been received, you can easily have the raid be located in a portal nexus of the broker that has us foray into new cosmic realms, giving us varied foes, several possible locations to travel, and new lore.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-09-19 at 09:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    You have 9.2 be a "seed" patch, where we visit either other realms or exotic locations in Shadowlands to gather things (like perhaps the materials needed to craft a new Arbiter Sigil), and while doing so we see either the new place we go in 10.0, or at least run into some foes/catalysts that cause 10.0's issues/conflict. I think with how well received the Brokers/Tasavesh has been received, you can easily have the raid be located in a portal nexus of the broker that has us foray into new cosmic realms, giving us varied foes, several possible locations to travel, and new lore.
    but i rly don't want that shit anymore, they ruined the afterlife, they can try to show other besides the 4 we see but it will be damn lackluster and dumb down even more the afterlife, they for certain, will bring more dead characters and ruin then

Shove everything they need in one big patch and end in 9.2 would be way better, as 9.2 would at least look like it had a lot of things going on instead of being diluted in two patches.

We would probably end up with even worse expansion... SL isn't perfect, but it's fine. Better than BFA.

but i rly don't want that shit anymore, they ruined the afterlife, they can try to show other besides the 4 we see but it will be damn lackluster and dumb down even more the afterlife, they for certain, will bring more dead characters and ruin then

Shove everything they need in one big patch and end in 9.2 would be way better, as 9.2 would at least look like it had a lot of things going on instead of being diluted in two patches.
    Eh, it also gives them a chance to show some fun crazy new places, like we could have an Azjol'nerub style afterlife since they were connected to the Lich King/domination style magic that people have wanted since Wrath (or even have us finally go there on Azeroth). Also like I said if they use the Brokers/teleportation nexus we aren't limited to the afterlife, we could go to the life or light realms, visit new planets, etc.

Rushing into Zovaal leaves little in the future to go to/fight against, and would lead to another BFA style conflict that I think needs to be avoided (unless they want to take a big time skip while we are in the afterlife). Rushing 9.2/finishing on 9.2 also gives them less time to work on 10.0, as we know for fact they work on the next expansion while working on the current expansion, and I imagine they want 10.0 to be huge as the 10 iteration of WoW, so the more time the better.

Giving us a 9.2 with many worlds to visit/interact with gives them many places/tools in the future while giving them time, not to mention they aren't limited in the theme/locals/inhabitants we have experienced so far. It allows them to drop hints and lore and clues about what is to come in the future, something they have been a bit lacking in for several expansions were at the end we get a picture of what is coming next only. Here they have a chance to give us some clues/insight into what is coming several expansions possibly in the future, or even just giving us a bunch of different world building to expand the wow universe.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Yes, Shadowlands sucks in every regard, from lore to gameplay.

Let's get rid of it ASAP, please!
    this, the shorter this exp is the better

A pointless filler patch is sure to bring back alot of people when everything hints at the final confrontation being imminent.

Actually, I want to see a 9.3 now, just to see the shit show 9.2 would be.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Would you rather Blizzard delay 10.0 until 2023, or have 9.2 as the last patch in the beg of 2022 with a 10-11 month content draught leading to 10.0. Or you could have 9.2 in Jan, 9.3 in August, and 10.0 in May/June 2023.

I would rather they just give us a decent last patch with no bullshit systems. Let us play that for nearly a year, and have the team full speed ahead making 10.0 good. Get 9.2 out and start Alpha asap, pref in the Spring of 2022, that way we have plenty of time for feedback to be "hopefully" listened to.
    it's gonna be shit weather it takes 20 months to put out or 2. So they might as well slap it out
    Wrath baby and proud of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Eh, it also gives them a chance to show some fun crazy new places, like we could have an Azjol'nerub style afterlife since they were connected to the Lich King/domination style magic that people have wanted since Wrath (or even have us finally go there on Azeroth). Also like I said if they use the Brokers/teleportation nexus we aren't limited to the afterlife, we could go to the life or light realms, visit new planets, etc.
    thats the problem, give then a chance, for me, it seems like it is just a chance for then to do more shit with the current theme, trying to pull out nostalgia with that will not work as people despise the maw too.

in fact, they already shit themselves by retocning the nerubians structures
    Rushing into Zovaal leaves little in the future to go to/fight against, and would lead to another BFA style conflict that I think needs to be avoided (unless they want to take a big time skip while we are in the afterlife). Rushing 9.2/finishing on 9.2 also gives them less time to work on 10.0, as we know for fact they work on the next expansion while working on the current expansion, and I imagine they want 10.0 to be huge as the 10 iteration of WoW, so the more time the better.
    That is you assuming they planned the janitor for something beyond 9.3 and nobody want that, he is a shit villain wannabe lich king, they ruined this expansion already, there is no way to salvage this unless they say it is a prank and start another one with a new team.

there is no rushing though, as 9.2 is not even in development, they would be more suited to abandon this and focus on 10.0 as like you said, is the 10th interaction of the game, put 9.2 to a b team and start working hard on 10.0 now. As we saw LEgion was at least acceptable for most people.

Giving us a 9.2 with many worlds to visit/interact with gives them many places/tools in the future while giving them time, not to mention they aren't limited in the theme/locals/inhabitants we have experienced so far. It allows them to drop hints and lore and clues about what is to come in the future, something they have been a bit lacking in for several expansions were at the end we get a picture of what is coming next only. Here they have a chance to give us some clues/insight into what is coming several expansions possibly in the future, or even just giving us a bunch of different world building to expand the wow universe.
    they are limited as much Danuseur is, so again, we may have one or two new worlds, completely shaved and more lore being ruined about the afterlife.

Like by example, in theory, it would be awesome to see the "ancestors afterlife" where tuarens, orcs and trolls go, in other hand, it will be completely screwed by this team, i prefer to let in the open and my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    No. IMO they should take their time to make the rest of Shadowlands strong and memorable, even if it means the next expansion will take longer.
    Oh don't worry, SL WILK be remembered already.

I think with their current trajectory of this 9.1.5 patch, they are all good changes, but everyone is more or less thinking the same thing, and that's that they have done this in the past, by fixing their mistakes, we told them were mistakes. I honestly think the smartest thing for them to do, is to double down on this expac, and commit to a 9.3.

Right now, everyone is expecting the next patch to be the last one, almost a layup. If they want to prove to people, that they still can make good material, they should double down on this expansion, and do the next 2 patches correctly, a 9.2 and a final 9.3. That means listening to feedback, and not adding in new systems no one wants to play. If they want to earn trust again from their players, these QoL changes cant be the only positive thing they present to us.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    I think with their current trajectory of this 9.1.5 patch, they are all good changes, but everyone is more or less thinking the same thing, and that's that they have done this in the past, by fixing their mistakes, we told them were mistakes. I honestly think the smartest thing for them to do, is to double down on this expac, and commit to a 9.3.

Right now, everyone is expecting the next patch to be the last one, almost a layup. If they want to prove to people, that they still can make good material, they should double down on this expansion, and do the next 2 patches correctly, a 9.2 and a final 9.3. That means listening to feedback, and not adding in new systems no one wants to play. If they want to earn trust again from their players, these QoL changes cant be the only positive thing they present to us.
    Design between patches could be more different than between expacs. Compare late 8.3 to 8.0, and then 8.0 to Legion.

Expac bring nice boost of cash, but it will never "fix" anything from POV of regular player. Everything can be changed in patch, including environment.

I say toss it in the WoD bin and move on

thats the problem, give then a chance, for me, it seems like it is just a chance for then to do more shit with the current theme, trying to pull out nostalgia with that will not work as people despise the maw too.

in fact, they already shit themselves by retocning the nerubians structures
    I gave that as one example, but again they can literally use the Brokers to go anywhere if they want, in a story unless you are at the end (and LOL WoW isn't ending in 10.0) you want to continue to lay seeds of what is coming next so that the reader/player feels like it is logical/isn't completely blown away but what comes next. Doesn't have to be nostalgia based if they visit light/life/void/arcane/fel realms.

That is you assuming they planned the janitor for something beyond 9.3 and nobody want that, he is a shit villain wannabe lich king, they ruined this expansion already, there is no way to salvage this unless they say it is a prank and start another one with a new team.

there is no rushing though, as 9.2 is not even in development, they would be more suited to abandon this and focus on 10.0 as like you said, is the 10th interaction of the game, put 9.2 to a b team and start working hard on 10.0 now. As we saw LEgion was at least acceptable for most people.
    ??? I am not saying you take Zovaal past 9.3, I am saying you introduce the next issue/villain/location in 9.2 while we prepare for Zovaal who we fight/deal with in 9.3. I honestly don't find him interesting really but I wouldn't say they ruined it with a wannabe Lich King (I find the Lich King pretty boring too honestly).

Also pretty fucking LOL you don't think they are working on 9.2 right now, I have a house on the moon you can buy while we are imaging things that aren't real.

they are limited as much Danuseur is, so again, we may have one or two new worlds, completely shaved and more lore being ruined about the afterlife.

Like by example, in theory, it would be awesome to see the "ancestors afterlife" where tuarens, orcs and trolls go, in other hand, it will be completely screwed by this team, i prefer to let in the open and my imagination.
    Or they can go to completely new places that have nothing to do with anything we have really experienced, like an afterlife for fishers. The boss we have to fight in this area is fished up (tiny nostalgia) that has eaten the item we require. This has the added benefit of allowing some special dialogue the next time we talk to Nat Pagel as we know he will go here when he dies. No lore ruined, but a fun little preview of the future of the characters we know and love. You could have another after life that is the ruins of dead empires/civilizations, where archaeologist go, allowing for some cool ruined kingdom vibes. You can have a hive afterlife for bugs where they took the required gizmo to the nest that we have to invade.

That is the thing, there are so many places they can go that have little to no lore, and even when shaved/glimpsed only add rather than detract from any previous lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a 9.3 originally planned, there will be a 9.3.

If there was no 9.3 planned it's very unlikely that there will be one.

It won't be 'skipped' as such.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No, they should not. In fear of getting another BfA in 10.0 I much rather want to go with more SL which has some quality at least.

Another BfA would be the final mistake. Shadowlands is many times better so lets finish it properly.