Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    surely this mmo will kill wow says nervous man for the 32423422132111111th time since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    FF14 is a great game, but I think a fair amount of the people that have fled to it are going to see that once the honeymoon period is over, there isn't much to do. It's a tremendous amount of content to do while you're catching up, but day to day play for the people that have kept up patch to patch is a bit light.
    That is the mentality WoW conditioned you with.

FF isn't designed to string you along with frustrating power systems and RNG.
    The game wants you to have fun and then go have time time to do others things as well. It respects your time.

But, if you want, there is in facts lots to do, if you want to. The game just doesn't hold your arm down to do it by making everything about player power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    surely this mmo will kill wow says nervous man for the 32423422132111111th time since 2004
    Doesn't need to. WoW did that itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    How do YOU know they haven't. Everyone going on and on about FF14 is making all these baseless claims. I play both games and I see how many players are on both at the same time. My guild in retail alone averages about 100 players on all day. I have friends in about 6 guild that averages more. My guild in classic era and classic tbc has the same.

I have gone a few hours in FF14 not seeing a single person, whereas in wow I have not gone a minutes.

Everyone playing FF14 right now will soon discover although the classes have all this stuff they are pretty hallow in design.

- - - Updated - - -

You hone your skills and parse. That is one of the major factors why FF14 WILL lose 99% of it's new playerbase. If you can not log or have dnf meters. End game means nothing. This is just fact.
    I definitely don't believe you about having average 100 active players a day in WoW retail OR classic. Also, you're lying about not seeing people in FF14 because even in later level questing zones for the base game, I always run into at least 3-4 people constantly. I've also never waited more than 10 minutes as a DPS in FF14 whereas in WoW I have waited upwards to an hour even for heroic dungeons.

Everything you've said is super inaccurate. And people have meters. They don't punish you for having them, typically. they start punishing people when you start actively shaming people using them like how so many people do in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I doubt that. WoW has always dominated any MMORPG when it comes to viewership and activity. it is just easy standard to see how popular it is to other games.
    WoW is as much fun to watch as FF is. So both are boring.

WoW still has triple its viewership. and when it launches a new expansion it surpasses 1.000.000 views. while FF cant even get to 100k .
    Believe what you want.

I can log into any FF server and it's packed in towns, in the gold saucer, in bozja. Delubrum reginae raid in gangos (48man) pops queue in 2 minutes.
    Oh and by packed i mean in the order of 50+ players.

Meanwhile in korthia there are like 10-15 players doing rares, in Oribos 10-20. LFR 30m to 1 hour queue.

It funny to say things if you dont actually play both games and see.

I can't say conclusively cause i don't have official numbers but the in-game experience is pretty telling.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    TWITCH is not in any way saying how popular one game is, next to FFXIV not having any esport stuff going on... and FFXIV players care about not being spoiled saw a lot of guild kicks just for people spoiling part of the story no matter if it was reborn or later content... And I personally think it says a lot of things about a game that people rather watch someone randomly play than playing themself... And it's really unlikely that all of Twitch people are subbed to WoW and apart from the official WoW Twitch channel Blizzard doesn't make money from Twitch, Amazon does, however!

From what I saw FFXIV loves their devs and does not take pointless critics lightly like some YouTubers found out the hard way sh*ting on FFXIV doesn't paid the bills and doesn't get you more views or likes...

While the WoW community seems to love the content "creators" that just echoes Reddit posts.

Also, FFXIV activity fights and ban toxic users... they also communicate give path releases dates, and own up to their mistakes and yes they clearly work their butts off making the game like the composer didn't even stop when he was fighting cancer, he kept working and make the producer cry on stage.

It's a different game, it is developed in a different country and honestly, the developers always will try to do the best they can... and they listen and care about the players and their well-being!

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    People shoulda jumped to PSO2 while it lasted. 8 years of content rolled out over 8 months was grand. Soooo much content, no wait
    wait did PSO2 shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    wait did PSO2 shut down?
    New content is shifted to New Genesis, so content release pacing is back to 'normal'

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    New content is shifted to New Genesis, so content release pacing is back to 'normal'
    ....wack.gif

You hone your skills and parse. That is one of the major factors why FF14 WILL lose 99% of it's new playerbase. If you can not log or have dnf meters. End game means nothing. This is just fact.
    Parsing is done on farm content where the gear doesnt matter anymore since you have already cleared the content and that is fact, once the end boss is dead on mythic then gear is irrelevant, you either farm for mounts or because you have nothing else to do. Most of WoWs playerbase dont really care about parses, and good parses wont just get you in a top guild either.

The current MMO genre like WoW and FF14 is kinda stale, the gameplay is all too similar to make any real difference.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Except you can parse and have meters, as long as you use them responsibly.

Hell, the same guy who does warcraftlogs does FFlogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Thing is, every one after wod wasn't needed. they fixed the limitation in legion.
    yes but scaling has exploded since cata/mop,a player scales more in the lifetime of one exapsnion now,even a single raid,than we did going from classic to wrath or early cata

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

The game wants you to have fun and then go have time time to do others things as well. It respects your time.

But, if you want, there is in facts lots to do, if you want to. The game just doesn't hold your arm down to do it by making everything about player power.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't need to. WoW did that itself.
    You make it sound like a sickness, I've been conditioned by nothing. Some people want stuff to do in an MMO, FF14 has an abundance until you're caught up and then there is little to do. The devs have said this many times in the past. It's a fantastic game for what it is,but you just haven't played long enough if you truly believe there is a lot to do once all the mandatory stuff is done.

many of the FF content creators have said that FF was in a drought awaiting the next expac. they have also said the WOW players recently coming to the game even before the WOW streamers came had already boosted the games population and activity. after the wow streamers came in the game sorta exploded while still in a content drought state which is a acceptable norm in FF

in WOW we have complained about droughts since WOTLK as they got big and at times even bigger. blizzard reacted especially in the last 3 expacs with added and multiple systems, along with revisiting the timeless isle theme park concept more and more. WOD had tanaan jungle, legion had broken isles and argus, BFA had phased to max level darkshore and arathi highlands, along with island exp, nazjatar, mechagon

right now in SL, we have the maw and torgast. i consider korthia as a zone unlocked in the maw just like the perdition and the hunting area had to be unlocked

Even if FF14 falls from grace, I don't believe it would be for the same reasons as WoW.

Last I checked Square Enix aren't financial slaves to a malevolent foreign power run by a bipedal teddy bear, nor do they employee predatory frat-boys who harass their female co-workers.

1+ Year Old Account
    How do YOU know they haven't. Everyone going on and on about FF14 is making all these baseless claims. I play both games and I see how many players are on both at the same time. My guild in retail alone averages about 100 players on all day. I have friends in about 6 guild that averages more. My guild in classic era and classic tbc has the same.

I have gone a few hours in FF14 not seeing a single person, whereas in wow I have not gone a minutes.

Everyone playing FF14 right now will soon discover although the classes have all this stuff they are pretty hallow in design.

- - - Updated - - -

What is shit that never happened for 500, Alex!

I just ported to Camp Dragonhead and there are 5 people just hanging out either waiting for queue or going about questing. Port to Fallgourd Float and there's another four sitting by the aetheryte. Port to Southern Springs and another four people by the aetheryte. Next I went to Camp Bronze Lake and another 5 people here. Some questing and some crafting. None of these zones are main cities and they're all from ARR. There are no doubt MANY more elsewhere.

You clearly don't play this game or you're lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF does what WoW seemingly fails at, you can stop playing and return and not really feel like you've missed out on a lot because of how the game is designed, it isn't designed to be constantly played every day or else you'll fall behind and that's what makes it good, it doesn't demand your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    FF is boring to watch, even moreso than wow, they likely have close to equal playerbases, but we'll never know.
    Additionally, WoW has more competitive activities, with much of WoW's twitch views coming from stuff like Arenas, or competitive M+ gameplay, and big spikes during the races for World Firsts. Competitive gameplay always has more viewers when it comes to streams. Even single player competitive things like speed running will usually net more views than a random person doing a casual playthrough of a game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    People didn't want it remastered. they wanted a new game because everything about the old FFXIV was garbage.
    If the original was garbage why would anyone be interested in a remake? We wanted it remastered because the graphics didn't age well. We didn't want action combat, no story changes, and definitely not broken into 3 parts that could get cancelled if the higher ups decide its not making enough money.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

Meanwhile over in Bozja players are grinding a frustrating power system while trying to get RNG powers to get stronger weapons and armor. Of course they could go do Eureka which is the same thing...bad example. What about Deep Dungeon where you have to grind a separate power system to get RNG power upgrades. Well at least I can skip Palace of the Dead and just do Heaven on High, oh wait I need floor 50 of Palace of the Dead to get into Heaven on High.

Seems both have issues with power systems and RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    If the original was garbage why would anyone be interested in a remake? We wanted it remastered because the graphics didn't age well. We didn't want action combat, no story changes, and definitely not broken into 3 parts that could get cancelled if the higher ups decide its not making enough money.
    Because there were elements that were good but overall it was awful. And look. Now it's one of the most popular MMOs on the marker.