Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    If that were true then you wouldn't have so many people spouting "lawl SL lore bad" when it honestly has more to unpack and The Jailer and Sylvanas was the opposite of what they claim(Saturday morning villain) by not actually telling what they're planning and merely hinting at things. If they catered to the mouthbreathers then they would have given some "epic villain speech" detailing their plans at the beginning of SoD so that way all the idiots who can't seem to understand what's going on and just spit up what random streamer XXXXX told them to think(hur dur SL lore bad) would actually be able to grasp something.
    You wouldn't have players mention that the Jailer is horribly underdeveloped if only the Jailer was actually a developed character that wasn't conjured from the ether.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by GardensofLife View Post
    Gardens of Life:
    - Level 70 cap
    - Profession revamp
    - Cross-faction PvE and PvP
    - Eternal Maze
    - New class: Lifewarden
    - Flying at launch
    - New realm: Gardens of Life

The Jailer has disrupted the eternal cycle and the Gardens of Life are in chaos. Elune calls the night elf souls sent to Ardenweald and Tyrande to her side. An'she calls the newly awakened Vol'jin to him. A new class introduced themed after these two major characters new paths: The Lifewarden. Mail user with ranged/healer/tank specs. Ranged/healer uses bow and tank uses warglaives. Flying is at launch and zones are designed with it in mind. The Eternal Maze is a new rogue-like experience that has no loading screens that generates content as you move through the mist seamlessly in this living world.All faction restrictions lifted from Raiding, Mythic+ and PvP and can now be done with the opposing faction and guilds can now have members from both factions.
    Faké faké faké faké. It's like fake, only trying too much.

I google "Gardens of Life Wowpedia", I click the link to the WoWpedia page, and I am met with a page with just 1 line (of Factual information) in total:

The Gardens of Life are a plane mentioned by the Stubborn Animate in Maldraxxus, who claims to have fought off "meddlers" from the realm.[1]
    Yes, I totally agree that the expansion after Shadowlands should be set in a location that literally only has 1 line of lore. Naturally

How do people even come up with these shit leaks...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    But that isn't what I'm talking about. I have no problem with us fighting Yrel and the Lightbound if they're invading Azeroth. That is a grounded expansion because it's on Azeroth, and the history of the Draenei is well documented. All we have to worry about story-wise is the actual conflict and who is involved. This makes the entire concept more interesting and compelling because we give a shit about Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, Thunderbluff, Pandaria, etc. on Azeroth while we simply don't have the same emotional investment in places like Bastion, Ardenwald, Maldraxxus, or Ravendreth.

In addition, the Villains are characters we've already been introduced to. Yrel especially would be an extremely good villain because we fought alongside her, and her villainy isn't totally evil. Turalyon and/or Alleria would be good villains for the same reason; We know them. They're heroes. They're legends. It makes fighting them an emotional experience for the player, because there is an earned connection there, and like Yrel, they may feel that they aren't doing an evil deed.

No, I'm not talking about a Lightbound expansion. I would welcome that expansion with open arms. I'm talking about the purpose behind a Light vs Void expansion. In such an expansion, we would inadvertently have to be on the side of the light, and ultimately we would have to defeat whoever or whatever is controlling the void. Compare what I explained with a Lightbound expansion to us fighting the Void Lords. What do you know about the Void Lords? Why would you care about going to Void planet and killing the Void Lords? Who cares about these characters? Why do we NEED to defeat or kill the Void Lords in the first place?

And yes, that is an escalation that unravels the game, because the Void Lords supposedly CREATED the Old Gods. Again I ask, where do you go after that? When you can beat a creator of gods, going back to killing 10 boars and looting their tusks just doesn't make sense.

You may argue; "Well what if we don't defeat or kill the Void Lords?" Okay cool, then WHAT'S THE POINT of such an expansion?
    How is Yrel not totally evil? Join or die or be forcibly added to the ranks for....their cause which might not really be right to begin with. I mean I would have loved to see Xera react to Alleria once she went void elf. Clearly she is on our side at the moment, but I would bet Xera would go apeshit and try to kill her on sight simply because she was void infused. I mean the very question you ask later is why kill the void lords is spot on. We've only been told their bad simply because the light said so and the ones we've encountered seemed hostile yet all it would take is a little void to make the light hostile to us. I think the idea they'll run with is that it's all a matter of perspective just like the "new" chart which a lot of people have shown it's just the old one from a different angle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You wouldn't have players mention that the Jailer is horribly underdeveloped if only the Jailer was actually a developed character that wasn't conjured from the ether.
    So because he's new he's bad? Yeah ok....

"We need something new!" "Here you go" "AmG POORLY DEVELOPED!!!!!!!" "We're LITERALLY developing a character in front of you" "Ok but what's his plan, what is he after" "Why so you can scream 'Twirling Mustache!!'...yeah no" "BAD LORE BAD LORE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I google "Gardens of Life Wowpedia", I click the link to the WoWpedia page, and I am met with a page with just 1 line (of Factual information) in total:

Yes, I totally agree that the expansion after Shadowlands should be set in a location that literally only has 1 line of lore. Naturally

How do people even come up with these shit leaks...
    I mean... with Shadowlands we just had the name from the cosmic chart... that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly every person who says these things don't know that current lore speculation literally is about metaphysics and ancient geometry/fractals which is literal topics that 99.9% of the current population on Earth do not even know about.

I do find everyone of you who think the story of Shadowlands is easy to grasp, fucking hilarious though. Keep on keeping on, I say.
    I mean the lore isn't deep, but I mean these are the people who didn't understand why we were killing Illidan in BC....even though every quest up to BT showed exactly what atrocities he was committing much less even those that haven't been retconned away, the torture of the Netherdrakes is still canonically by his hand and direction(oops novel must have missed that in trying to make him heroic). Then again these are also the same people who think he was a hero/antihero when everything he did was for himself or to win Tyrande's favor. I mean they really need to just make the lore more paint by numbers for these people or something and maybe they won't cry bad lore because the children's book level seems a bit too complicated for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I mean... with Shadowlands we just had the name from the cosmic chart... that's it.
    Shadowlands has been around and referenced for a very long time. It's not just from the cosmic chart.

No with Shadowlands at least we knew that it was a ghostly version of Azeroth and/or a dark forest, it had a place which resembled "Void" for the most evil souls (like Sylvanas and Arthas), and had other things like Mueh'zala, Helya, and some Eye entity that looked at Odyn.

Which is still very little but at least it's not just one line of dialogue spoken by some random trash mob nobody cares about.

If this one random line of dialogue is meant to have some importance, the "Gardens of Life" will at best be a region in one zone. They're not making expansions for every location that is named by every random NPC.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-27 at 10:06 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Shadowlands has been around and referenced for a very long time. It's not just from the cosmic chart.
    It was mentioned left and right a few times through the years, but there was no real lore beefing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It was mentioned left and right a few times through the years, but there was no real lore beefing it up
    That's my point.
    If they want to explore the cosmic chart, life is the next logical target.... but I really hope they don't do that... it is fine for a patch Zone... but not more. I would like a life-oriented expansion to start on Azeroth.

No with Shadowlands at least we knew that it was a ghostly version of Azeroth and/or a dark forest, it had a place which resembled "Void" for the most evil souls (like Sylvanas and Arthas), and had other things like Mueh'zala, Helya, and some Eye entity that looked at Odyn.

Which is still very little but at least it's not just one line of dialogue spoken by some random trash mob nobody cares about.

If this one random line of dialogue is meant to have some importance, the "Gardens of Life" will at best be a region in one zone. They're not making expansions for every location that is named by every random NPC.
    We have the emeral dream for a long time... life has been an important aspect of wow... we have the connection to Ardenweald... and we even have Elune who is a important figure in life lands... the garden of life is just the name they have chosen for it.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-10-27 at 10:12 PM.

That's my point.
    If they want to explore the cosmic chart, life is the next logical target.... but I really hope they don't do that... it is fine for a patch Zone... but not more. I would like a life-oriented expansion to start on Azeroth.

We have the emeral dream for a long time... life has been an important aspect of wow... we have the connection to Ardenweald... and we even have Elune who is a important figure in life lands... the garden of life is just the name they have chosen for it.
    Okay so make an expansion about the Emerald Dream which has been mentioned and has been important for ages and was actually planned to be in the game since Classic?

Instead of this random place that literally only has 1 line of dialogue?

What lore beefed up Pandaria.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I don't really want to play another expansion about the cosmic stuff, and definitely no more "heaven and hell" crap. I would looooooove dragon expansion next. A simpler theme is better for WoW, trying to explain deep cosmic stuff in game, at a dumb enough level 12-year-olds can grasp, is not doing anyone any favors.
    Especially when the player base is at a 5 year old level and still can't comprehend 12 year old level lore.

Okay so make an expansion about the Emerald Dream which has been mentioned and has been important for ages and was actually planned to be in the game since Classic?

We all know that they extending the lore with SL massively, so to me it is not surprising that they give the life lands a proper name with garden of life (or its just a place in the life lands). We already were in the emeral dream multiple times, its is not the life realm itself (probably) but just connected to it.

We all know that they extending the lore with SL massively, so to me it is not surprising that they give the life lands a proper name with garden of life (or its just a place in the life lands). We already were in the emeral dream multiple times, its is not the life realm itself (probably) but just connected to it.
    Oh the Emerald Dream is not the realm of Life itself? How strange, because it sure does look like anyone would expect a "realm of life" to look like.

But perhaps the grass is greener in the actual """"realm of life"""

You're all missing my point. I wasn't arguing lore and beef were required for an expansion to happen. Shadowlands is the proof of that, despite its few mentions we knew nothing of it. Same goes for Pandaria.

So technically, if Blizzard wanted to do a Gardens of Life expansion: they could. I don't think they would anytime soon, especially following SL, but they could, and the lack of lore wouldn't prevent that.

You're all missing my point. I wasn't arguing lore and beef were required for an expansion to happen. Shadowlands is the proof of that, despite its few mentions we knew nothing of it. Same goes for Pandaria.
    Because Pandaria was received so well back in the day right?

Because Pandaria was received so well back in the day right?
    It was booed by the same toxic trolls who were making kungfu panda jokes, and it ended up to be one the favourite expansion of many players.
    MoP was great, and Pandaria's zones were exquisite.

It was booed by the same toxic trolls who were making kungfu panda jokes, and it ended up to be one the favourite expansion of many players.
    MoP was great, and Pandaria's zones were exquisite.
    Ah yes of course, it was just an insignificant fraction of toxic trolls who did that, while the super vast majority ended up loving it. It must have slipped my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Yrel not totally evil? Join or die or be forcibly added to the ranks for....their cause which might not really be right to begin with. I mean I would have loved to see Xera react to Alleria once she went void elf. Clearly she is on our side at the moment, but I would bet Xera would go apeshit and try to kill her on sight simply because she was void infused. I mean the very question you ask later is why kill the void lords is spot on. We've only been told their bad simply because the light said so and the ones we've encountered seemed hostile yet all it would take is a little void to make the light hostile to us. I think the idea they'll run with is that it's all a matter of perspective just like the "new" chart which a lot of people have shown it's just the old one from a different angle.
    Yrel is only "evil" when applied to our standards. To her, the Light needs to be spread to all corners of the universe and all vestiges of evil or the Void should be eradicated. How is that any different than what your standard Paladin believes?

The only real difference is that she forces people into her beliefs, and what makes her scary is that she has the power to do it.

That said, I like the idea of Light followers being an antagonistic force.

Ah yes of course, it was just an insignificant fraction of toxic trolls who did that. It must have slipped my mind.
    Where did I say insignificant? And why are we discussing the reception of an expansion by players instead of the possibility that an expansion may happen despite its lack of lore backbone?

Don't put words which aren't mine in my mouth, and keep the attitude for someone else, thank you very much pumpkin.

By that same logic they should have made the entire expansion about the Maw instead of all those other zones. Besides, you're basing your argument on a falsehood. That "one line" is just the only place they're actually named, not the only place they're referenced.

That the Emerald Dream is possibly only part of a larger whole isn't exactly a new idea either... that's been around since at least WotLK.