Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if this means „the end of Danuser writing“ or „the end of shitty Sylvunus stories“ i am 10.0 ALL IN.
    With the current writing staff, do you really think any stories they put out will be good, even if Sylvanas is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yes, I get that. But why did it take so long to deliver so little? AND calling it the (most likely) final patch? Also didn't Ion say SL won't end up like WoD?
    Don't get me wrong, I love raidlogging. But back in Wrath we raided with many different chars in 10 man AND 25 man mode, HC and normal. Today you don't have that, just one (sensible) raid per character per week. That's just a little dull.

Also WotLK was the expansion of the lfg tool. People loved that. And it gave us new dungeons every( except ulduar?) patch.
    Raiding 10 and 25 back in Wrath, which gave gear 13 item levels apart, is like raiding mythic and heroic now?

Shadowlands raid item levels mirrors ICC down to the +7 item levels from the end boss.

As for why it’s taking them too long? Who knows, they are having problems. Is what it is, just unsub until new content comes out.

I would argue Tazavesh is more detailed and involved than all 4 post launch Wrath dungeons combined but it doesn’t matter much. Wrath got a pass for pushing out 4 raid tiers while only spending any significant time developing 2 because they could slap a vanilla reskin in for one and a 5 boss 1 room joke as another.

I do wish 9.2 had a new dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm going to leave this with last post, because I'm more concerned now than anything.

We're posting on a public forum. One that you claim you should be free to air your issues with WoW, which would mean others should be free to call you out on if it's wrong or not.

I pointed out that your statement was an extreme reach to ridicule the patch, and since then I've also pointed out how we know very little about the content of the patch so far, what kind of events it will contain, and that by your own logic, each patch within an expansion is just the same as the one before it.

You've instead, stooped to insulting me, mocking me, and slandering me.
    I tried to apologize twice now if you took something I said as mocking you, and explained it.

And instead you persist on slander. I apologized, and the first thing you did was antagonize instead as a response. I see no need to extend this discussion.
    If its a public forum why are you telling me to leave?
    If we don't know anything about the patch why are you claiming 9.2 is completely different than 9.1 while discounting my claim that 9.1 is exactly the same as 9.2?
    Our first interaction was you quoting me and insulting me!
    Everything you say is complete, full bullshit. Go away dude. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I would argue Tazavesh is more detailed and involved than all 4 post launch Wrath dungeons combined but it doesn’t matter much. Wrath got a pass for pushing out 4 raid tiers while only spending any significant time developing 2 because they could slap a vanilla reskin in for one and a 5 boss 1 room joke as another.

I do wish 9.2 had a new dungeon.
    Legion is probably a good comparison point for this, where we had not only the first megadungeon added across the expansion, but on top of that two new dungeons along the way.

Tazavesh probably took more work than Karazhan though to some degree since it was designed from the ground up I imagine compared to having a base to work from at least, but I dunno. I can't pin it down why either, but I went into Karazhan more times than I did Tazavesh overall, I think I've only ran Taza like 3 times so far. A new dungeon would have went quite a distance to make 9.2 more enticing though.

So, the new area is gonna be a zone full of E.V.E units?

Those tier sets look absolutely fucking awful.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz idea of npcs doind stuff: floating 1 feet above the ground, casting a laser beam into a floating crystal...

Same shit for the past 8 expansions. For effing 15 years!

Also, did they just add Dune sandworms and call it new?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It's not really that hard. You just have to create a game, where your players like the Community in the game more than the game itself. WoW isn't a very good game in my eyes, nontheless I play(ed) it extensively. Just because of the people I play it with.
    Sadly the last expansion where guilds where even thought of was Cataclysm. Give the players the tools to create their own content (aka community events, monthly mini tournaments for m+ groups, raid races, fishing contests, etc) and the content fulfills itself. Most Multiplayer games work this way. Games like LoL, Fortnite, PuBG and such recieve only minimal content, but are playesd nontheless, because interactions with your fellow players create new ingame situations every time.

Of course it's not 24/7/365, but having a social circle within the game is more addicting than any amount of content the devs can came up with. Whether that's healthy is another question, but I doubt Blizzard cares about the health of their players all that much.
    I think there is a fundamental difference between WoW and the games you cited. Mainly that they are match based and PvP, so everytime you play it, it is different.

WoW, whether you like it or not, is PvE dominated. Even FFXIV has lulls.

IMHO, the problem with WoW is that they don't add something permanently to the game. You always play the expansion, and the last expansion might aswell not have happened. Sadly I think I lost all hope on this front. I think they will never fix this problem. Playing Legion without the artifacts is just... man...

We need more permanent additions to the game, we need a gold saucer-like zone, that just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    We need m+ system extended to all dungeons, all the time.
    We need world building events.
    We need more warcraft.

I just can't keep my hopes up forever. At this point I am almost entirely convinced that they will never rethink the formula.
    World of Warcraft story feels Episodic. And that is the last thing that a living world should feel like.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

They sure found a good amount of diversity for this video…

5+ Year Old Account
    WOW 9.2 ; "Hello dear players, now you able to walk on water and we didn't stole any ideas from GW2, done"

"Also Jailer wants to change rules of reality, so you would able to walk on any water surface of Azeroth, since he unable to swim it was all he ever dreamed"

R.i.p. Shaaamanz
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-11-12 at 06:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing is great. END of that stupid storyline with Sylvanas. I can't understand that they are selling this as the end of the w3 xD storyline like this story would have been mentioned from the beginning BIG LOL. And yeah i was pretty sure 9.2 will be the end of SL.

...and those end words. paraphrasing "we are excited for new stories after that warcraft saga that we end but we cant tell you anythin at this point" ...well we all know that you literally HAVE NONE atm XD
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-11-12 at 07:26 AM.

Pretty boring video, tbh i don't understand what this trend is, seeing developers explaining things i could not even reach half of the video without stopping it. I am certain -and proud of the people who worked for this patch- that have put their heart and soul into this but i am now convinced that they are putting all their energy in a wrong path. Anyway lets hope 10.0 is something that can bring people back because i doubt 9.2 will.

Just... meh. I guess they really have thrown resources to the next expansion. Where, where is the "alien" part? First time art team has left "average" impression on me.

And Sylvanas redemption? Jesus christ...

The tier sets kind of suck, they look like leveling gear or something.

Funny how they think their story is some deep three act whatever when I think maybe 2% really even read or followed any of the quest text or story stuff this go around. At most there was a 2 min cut scene spoiled months before the content dropped.. the boss mechanics get more lore than the world lol

This looks like some lame anime style Korean game, doesnt look like Warcraft at all...

As to be expected as content patch in SL. Seems cool, i'll def play it. Also glad its not the same zone design & look as maw and korthia.

To be fair, theres only so much they can do within a patch. 10.0 is the big chance they have to change it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    This looks like some lame anime style Korean game, doesnt look like Warcraft at all...
    Thats been one of my biggest gripes with SL since it launched - it doenst look or feel like warcraft.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    That didn't do it for me. I don't think I'll be there for 9.2.

What I expected:

1. Gameplay overhaul
    2. Allied Races
    3. End-game restructuration

What we got:

1. Same gameplay
    2. Same lore that doesn't actually give my character any real agency
    3. Same broken end-game loop with daily quests gated behind time gates
    4. Tier Sets, which is perhaps the only positive in the announcement
    It is a patch, not an expansion.

You can´t expect big changes without some sort of transition. This patch is clearly that as it proves that they indeed cut SL short. It literally ends with this patch, so from February we have the last part of the expansion.
    That means, all work force is hard on whatever comes next, and we know for a fact that it will be different to what we´ve got over the past 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Great!, still I don’t understand why you decided to remind us that you’re in the tin bin. Can you at least be actually useful and take the rest of the mental depressed people with you?.
    Did you miss the part where where I complimented how awesome it looks or you so heaped up on copium that you only accept 100% praise for your 'super awesome best game ever'?

Last I checked this was a forum we share opinions here, and heaven forbid some of them may differ from your own <gasp>. Don't like what I have to say about the game, tough shit, deal with it twinkle toes.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-11-12 at 12:11 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    SL has already been out a year

Lets say 9.2 is 3-6 months away

That's still a 2 year expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Horrendous taste

How dare blizzard try something different with the art style
    They look absolute fucking shit. The colors are boring and each looks almost the exact same. It's the laziest tier armor they have ever made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is a patch, not an expansion.

You can´t expect big changes without some sort of transition. This patch is clearly that as it proves that they indeed cut SL short. It literally ends with this patch, so from February we have the last part of the expansion.
    That means, all work force is hard on whatever comes next, and we know for a fact that it will be different to what we´ve got over the past 4 years.
    Lmao we absolutely do not know for a fact that the next expansion will be different. It's far more likely that it will be more of the same.