Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

The Dragon Pack Bundle

Now, i know this has been posted here before. But, what do you presume they are flying over? An already established place in WoW or, perhaps, the Dragon Isles? Maybe it's just an artistic choice with no meaning at all, whatsoever. You decide.

Let the speculation begin.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

Now, i know this has been posted here before. But, what do you presume they are flying over? An already established place in WoW or, perhaps, the Dragon Isles? Maybe it's just an artistic choice with no meaning at all, whatsoever. You decide.

Probably a tie in to the new Dragonsworn class

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the next expansion is more than likely going to be Dragon Isles. Wrathion is looking for them, we have uncorrupted Twilight Drakes, there's been multiple dragon clues laid throughout Shadowlands, Galakrond is supposedly going to appear at some point in 9.2, and a dragon-based expansion would be an Azeroth-based expansion (as Ion hinted at).

There's current discussion about the next expansion being about Galakrond at this thread.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nk-it-was-over

I'm just going to copy-paste a post I made recently because it sums up my thoughts on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I thought there would be a world revamp because Ion was basically saying it in the interviews.

But now after the Kalimdor novel there is no way.

What Ion said is that they go back to stories on Azeroth, what landmasses are left on Azeroth? The Dragon Isles, the banana island (lol), and?

Really it just kind of makes sense to have an expansion set in the Dragon Isles, although I'm not sure what to expect from it since they only appeared in that one barely-finished map from Vanilla with a giant Old God-looking temple...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right, the giant Old God-looking temple from the Dragon Isles:

How convenient, that this largely unexplored landmass was meant to have an Old God-looking temple (octopus-looking temple to be exact), it sure would be the perfect way to reintroduce N'Zoth

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Either N'Zoth or a Void Dragon (ala Vexiona) can serve as the box villain, not too differently from Deathwing in Cataclysm:

Which does make for a badass cover.

The story can revolve around a reborn N'Zoth (either reborn via the Blade of the Black Empire or we straight up never killed him in the alternate dimension associated to visions called "Ny'alotha"), who is threatening the Dragon Isles, trying to create an army of Void-twisted dragons, or looking for the next Plot McGuffin button, or something like that. It really doesn't matter.

I would also like to remind the gentlemen and gentlewomen here that the Dragon Isles were mentioned in BfA by Wrathion's agent and that Wrathion was "looking for it", and it was never revealed "what" he was "looking for" in the "Dragon Isles", or why he was so interested in those isles in the first place:

If Wrathion was looking for the Dragon Isles, why not N'Zoth? And could they both be looking for the same thing, what is that thing, and for what purpose?

Easiest expansion to set up, the build-up is there.

And I will gladly welcome the inevitable Ren'dorei screentime that comes with more Void-related storylines
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

My guess is they just want money and a lot of mounts are dragon themed?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, the next expansion is more than likely going to be Dragon Isles. Wrathion is looking for them, we have uncorrupted Twilight Drakes, there's been multiple dragon clues laid throughout Shadowlands, Galakrond is supposedly going to appear at some point in 9.2, and a dragon-based expansion would be an Azeroth-based expansion (as Ion hinted at).
    To tack onto this, we still have the Deaths of Chromie scenario too that hasn't been fully explained yet as far as I know, and they did hint towards it being relevant going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Probably a tie in to the new Dragonsworn class
    Or the mechanical dragon being a hint of a Mechanic class.

Hahahahahaaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Hahahahahaaha!
    You never know.

I don't know if this is an indication of whether we receive a new class for the next expansion, be it the Dragonsworn or the Tinker, but I think the chances that the next expansion will focus on the Dragon Islands have increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vegener View Post
    I don't know if this is an indication of whether we receive a new class for the next expansion, be it the Dragonsworn or the Tinker, but I think the chances that the next expansion will focus on the Dragon Islands have increased.
    The only issue with Dragonsworn is that the class or the concept doesn't really exist in Warcraft. Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters all existed in Warcraft before their debut as a class.

There is a strong possibility that if the next expansion is dragon-based, there might not be a new class.

Or they just threw a bunch of dragon themed shit together to give the illusion that they actually spent more than 5 seconds coming up with another money grab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Or they just threw a bunch of dragon themed shit together to give the illusion that they actually spent more than 5 seconds coming up with another money grab.
    Maybe... I just know that Dragon Isles sounds infinitely more interesting than a Light/Void expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

Honestly, I think it's an artistic choice and doesn't mean anything as far as next expansion predictions go. This pack is mostly made from older in store dragon mounts and pets minus the baby faedragon. If anything the furline and phoenix mount plus the baby dragon hints at a heavy elven influence, though that doesn't necessarily preclude dragon isles from being a thing. It could actually heavily feature both which would be welcome. However, I doubt we'll get a dragon themed class as there aren't any dragon themed classes from WC III with a dragon isles expansion. We'd more likely get a dragonkin race or current playable races with dragon themed customizations that can become dragons in combat which would be still interesting.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

My thoughts on the video/thread.

Why do people want a space parasite to be alive again?

Sylverian Dreamer in that picture looks terrible compared to in game.

Lol at the FF fan that posted the comment that Final Fantasy was the best game cause I guess Blizzard has microtransactions even though FF has a million more.

I wonder if the title Bring the Thunder is related to the next expansion.

They do bundles often of related things so I'm not sure if this is proof of dragon isles when they had to toss in a rylak I feel it was more we need X amount of dollars bundle some shit up that could be kinda related.

I'd say there's a decent chance that dragon isles could in fact be the next expansion.

Now, that doesn't really have anything to do with this bundle or even any of these particular dragon skins, it's just been a long theorized expansion, and Blizzard has stated they're looking to get back to the roots of the game, which for WoW definitely could mean fighting some dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Honestly, I think it's an artistic choice and doesn't mean anything as far as next expansion predictions go. This pack is mostly made from older in store dragon mounts and pets minus the baby faedragon. If anything the furline and phoenix mount plus the baby dragon hints at a heavy elven influence, though that doesn't necessarily preclude dragon isles from being a thing. It could actually heavily feature both which would be welcome. However, I doubt we'll get a dragon themed class as there aren't any dragon themed classes from WC III with a dragon isles expansion. We'd more likely get a dragonkin race or current playable races with dragon themed customizations that can become dragons in combat which would be still interesting.
    While there is no dragon-based hero in WC3, Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing were playable heroes in HotS. Since Blizzard used some of the concepts from HotS for the Demon Hunter class, there is a possibility that they could use concepts from those HotS characters to construct a dragon-based class. That, along with Wrathion or Chromie as the class' hero would align the concept along the same parameters as previous expansion classes.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-19 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    This pack is mostly made from older in store dragon mounts and pets minus the baby faedragon.
    There's a baby Faedragon pet in the store now.

Quote Originally Posted by plukkie070 View Post
    There's a baby Faedragon pet in the store now.
    That's what I said. It's there in what you posted. All of the the mounts included in the pack are older store mounts excluding the baby faedragon (which is new.) I'd sooner think that the cat mount is the one that hints at the next expansion.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.