Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They tried to push Annual Expansions in WoD and that went horribly wrong. All we got was expansion with little content and 14 month gap between last patch and Legion.
    If they proved anything, it's that they absolutely cannot do shorter than ~2 years. Notably, they also stopped talking about wanting 1 year expansions after WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    They exist
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn

They might not be a class in game (which makes sense given the fact dragons are kinda screwed right now) but they exist

The writers and devs have made more from less and while I could engage in a conversation that would span hundreds of pages I prefer to leave it at “dragonsworn exist and are a possibility without any kind of weird pseudo-race components in the opinion of myself and others.”
    They're not only not a class in WoW, there was never a hero unit in WC3, and there's no hero character to attach them to in Warcraft period. In fact, if you actually read that entry, the Dragonsworn from the TTRPG are nothing more than Mages or Druids with a couple of additional dragon derived powers. Frankly, no different than the necromancy-derived Covenants in Shadowlands.

I think we should strongly consider the possibility that we'd be looking at a dragon-themed Covenant style system in a dragon-based expansion over a dragon-themed class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-26 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They're not only not a class in WoW, there was never a hero unit in WC3, and there's no hero character to attach them to in Warcraft period. In fact, if you actually read that entry, the Dragonsworn from the TTRPG are nothing more than Mages or Druids with a couple of additional dragon derived powers. Frankly, no different than the necromancy-derived Covenants in Shadowlands.

I think we should strongly consider the possibility that we'd be looking at a dragon-themed Covenant style system in a dragon-based expansion over a dragon-themed class.
    Damn... you flipped faster than a steak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Damn... you flipped faster than a steak.
    I'm merely looking at the most likely scenario. Since there's pretty much zero evidence of a "dragon knight" class, and it is unlikely that Blizzard would implement a class based on Wrathion and the aspects, the most likely scenario in a dragon-based expansion is a covenant-style system where each class gets 2-4 dragon abilities for an expansion. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to literally call the system "Dragonsworn".

There is always the possibility that Dragon Isles is merely a part of the expansion, and not its entirety. If that is the case, then that opens things up for the possibility of a new class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-26 at 03:31 PM.

I don't get one thing about tinker enthusiasts. If you put a character in a mech suit what will become of normal armor and weapons? Will they still be wearing armor and using weapons? Not a single WoW class relies on a weapon to be that class, weapons don't make a class. While all tinker is just the mech suit.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I don't get one thing about tinker enthusiasts. If you put a character in a mech suit what will become of normal armor and weapons? Will they still be wearing armor and using weapons? Not a single WoW class relies on a weapon to be that class, weapons don't make a class. While all tinker is just the mech suit.
    You're assuming Tinkers would be in the mech suit constantly, instead of a metamorphosis-like ability. Also, only DHs can use Warglaives. And I personally wouldn't care if Tinkers never got added, I'm not a big fan, but Tinker and Dragonsworn are both pretty likely I think, moreso than something like a Bard or Blademaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    You're assuming Tinkers would be in the mech suit constantly, instead of a metamorphosis-like ability. Also, only DHs can use Warglaives. And I personally wouldn't care if Tinkers never got added, I'm not a big fan, but Tinker and Dragonsworn are both pretty likely I think, moreso than something like a Bard or Blademaster.
    Yeah but DHs can also use other weapons. Point is, warglaives don't make them DHs.

Yeah but DHs can also use other weapons. Point is, warglaives don't make them DHs.
    Well, neither would Tinkers. They could probably dual wield one handers like rogues and use them as stat sticks, like these Mechagon weapons, and maybe use guns depending on the spec.

I'm merely looking at the most likely scenario. Since there's pretty much zero evidence of a "dragon knight" class, and it is unlikely that Blizzard would implement a class based on Wrathion and the aspects, the most likely scenario in a dragon-based expansion is a covenant-style system where each class gets 2-4 dragon abilities for an expansion. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to literally call the system "Dragonsworn".

There is always the possibility that Dragon Isles is merely a part of the expansion, and not its entirety. If that is the case, then that opens things up for the possibility of a new class.
    Says the guy who argued with me, a few days ago, for such a class.
    When did you change your mind, exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would it be any different than Guardian, Feral, or Balance druids who depend on their forms to perform their combat role? A Tinker inside a mech would be the same general principle. As for their weapons and armor, it would just be translated into stats just like is the case with Druids. The main difference between the two would be that a mech offers different gameplay options than shapeshifting.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I still support the Dragonsworn class in my signature. I'm merely saying that if we're basing things on sheer likelihood, Blizzard is more likely to create a dragon-based covenant system instead.

If it’s not a dragon disguised as a mortal race then it doesn’t exist to him

5+ Year Old Account
    Dragonsworn and Dragon Knight its pretty much same idea of mortal being (lets say a Human male) given part of Dragon powers to act on their behalf, something like vassal.

And each time someone(*) says that Dragonsworn must be a Dragons who disguised as mortals(pretty badly all their outfit screams Dragon theme), i laugh since its feel like God with class of being god servant.

Image character like Zeus or Thor, you click on them and read job of said NPC, Class: servant of God; and be like woah? isn't they a gods themselves.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it turned into ANOTHER tinker discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    If it’s not a dragon disguised as a mortal race then it doesn’t exist to him
    Well because those are the only ones that do exist. The Dragonsworn from TTRPG aren’t canon.

1. Heavily teased in BFA (alongside Dragon Isles).
    2. Long running connections between Goblins and Deathwing.
    3. Steelscale Incinerator (2020), Timeless Mechanical Dragonling (2021)
    So basically as much foreshadowing as every other unplayable vocation mentioned in in this franchise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    So basically as much foreshadowing as every other unplayable vocation mentioned in in this franchise
    Well in Vanilla we fought DKs in Naxx. Two expansions later, we got Death Knights. In WotLK we got a Pandaren Monk pet with a letter from Chen Stormstout. Two expansions later we got Pandaren monks. In MoP we got Warlocks getting an armor set that resembled Illidan, and a Glyph called Glyph of Demon Hunting. Two expansions later we got Demon Hunters.

In BFA we got teams of Goblins and Gnomes in the island expeditions who were using Gazlowe’s tinker abilities from HotS. These abilities were structured like class abilities with level requirements and power progression. No other expedition team had abilities like this. Also such abilities are unheard of among NPCs abilities.

The second expansion after BFA is the next expansion….

If I would design WoW's next expansion,

I'd call it World of Warcraft: Cities

and just focus on the cities of all the races. Rebuild Gnomeregan. Touch up Stormwind. Ironforge. Rebuild Gillneas, the Troll Islands, give the Forsaken an actual home.

And for the dungeons? Enemy cities. Massive ass Blackrock Mountain size cities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well in Vanilla we fought DKs in Naxx. Two expansions later, we got Death Knights. In WotLK we got a Pandaren Monk pet with a letter from Chen Stormstout. Two expansions later we got Pandaren monks. In MoP we got Warlocks getting an armor set that resembled Illidan, and a Glyph called Glyph of Demon Hunting. Two expansions later we got Demon Hunters.

In BFA we got teams of Goblins and Gnomes in the island expeditions who were using Gazlowe’s tinker abilities from HotS. These abilities were structured like class abilities with level requirements and power progression. No other expedition team had abilities like this. Also such abilities are unheard of among NPCs abilities.

The second expansion after BFA is the next expansion….
    Brewmasters and DK's have been in game since Warcraft 3. Don't look for patterns where there are none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    If I would design WoW's next expansion,

I'd call it World of Warcraft: Cities

and just focus on the cities of all the races. Rebuild Gnomeregan. Touch up Stormwind. Ironforge. Rebuild Gillneas, the Troll Islands, give the Forsaken an actual home.

And for the dungeons? Enemy cities. Massive ass Blackrock Mountain size cities.
    Oh ye, that's very appealing title. And I'm sure peeps would love just to have every activity tied to cities, wouldn't get boring at all.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

If I was put in charge of WoW I'd just fire the entire dev team minus the engineering and art crews and get them to work on official hosted player servers and bring out a fully updated, public WoW World Editor. Then just charge for server hosting fees and watch players make custom servers. Most popular servers reach the top of the realm list, only the top 100 servers in population are publicly available on the realm list.

Also, sell assets on the shop for people to use/see on these custom servers. Sell cosmetics only, of course, but sell anything from mounts, pets, armor sets, structures for player housing, various doodads, environment packs, professionally voice acted files, etc.

Guarantee you that option will one day be a serious consideration for them, and will likely be the option that nets them way more profit than managing an old, stale MMO with regular huge expansions and support would be.

Hire me, Bobby.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer Necromancer or even class skins over Tinker, but seriously you must be blind if you see no references/foreshadowing in game. We had even whole zone with this theme (and if I remember correcly they show group of Alliance tinkers from various races in intro, right?). It's not like something won't happen just because you personally don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    If I was put in charge of WoW I'd just fire the entire dev team minus the engineering and art crews and get them to work on official hosted player servers and bring out a fully updated, public WoW World Editor. Then just charge for server hosting fees and watch players make custom servers. Most popular servers reach the top of the realm list, only the top 100 servers in population are publicly available on the realm list.
    Genius take as always. But why bother to do this when they could just gather big pile of money and burn it like Joker? Same effect.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-12-26 at 07:47 PM.