Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Oh god I hope not
    It's fine as long as we can opt of playing with console players
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

ive been playing with consoleport addon for a couple of years now. wow with a controller is fantastic, if they port it to consoles it will be cool to see

I have only one question. How do you deal with ~20-25 of actively used keybinds, when you play with controller? I don't talk about map or bags, cuz menu meshing can be used for this, that isn't comfortable, but it works. I talk about more than 16 abilities, active talents, active trinkets, etc.

And I don't even talk about playing healer. It's like landing plane. You need to look around you and move, while watching your healing "instruments". How do you handle moving, picking targets, decursing and using healing spells at the same time?

That's why we PC guys don't like consoles and even more - smartphones. Worse controlling devices = greater reaction time is required, lesser pointing precision is = dumber games.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-01-24 at 07:40 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I have only one question. How do you deal with ~20-25 of actively used keybinds, when you play with controller? I don't talk about map or bags, cuz menu meshing can be used for this, that isn't comfortable, but it works. I talk about more than 16 abilities, active talents, active trinkets, etc.
    You have 4 buttons on d-pad and 4 face buttons. Then controllers also have two shoulder buttons and two triggers. That's already 12 buttons.

Then you can use triggers and shoulder buttons as modifiers. This is no different to using ctrl/shift/alt+number on a keyboard.

RB+D-pad gives 4 more actions, total of 16.
    RB+Face buttons give 4 more, total of 20.
    LB+D-pad, +4, total of 24.
    LB+Face buttons, +4, total of 28.

Same for triggers brings total to 44.
    Then you can press two triggers or shoulder buttons simultaneously.

LB+RB+Face and d-pad, 8 more.
    LT+RT+Face and d-pad, 8 more.

Total is now 60 abilities.

Since that is way past your target of 16 spells, I'm not gonna list more complicated trigger combinations.

Inb4 "Lfm, No console noobs"

WoW isn‘t on console yet, because the devs don‘t want it. Ion Hazzikostas is a hardcore mythic raider and that‘s the type of person they‘re developing the game for nowadays. With Bobby gone, WoW getting shoved in the esports corner should also come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You have 4 buttons on d-pad and 4 face buttons. Then controllers also have two shoulder buttons and two triggers. That's already 12 buttons.

Then you can use triggers and shoulder buttons as modifiers. This is no different to using ctrl/shift/alt+number on a keyboard.

RB+D-pad gives 4 more actions, total of 16.
    RB+Face buttons give 4 more, total of 20.
    LB+D-pad, +4, total of 24.
    LB+Face buttons, +4, total of 28.

Same for triggers brings total to 44.
    Then you can press two triggers or shoulder buttons simultaneously.

LB+RB+Face and d-pad, 8 more.
    LT+RT+Face and d-pad, 8 more.

Total is now 60 abilities.

Since that is way past your target of 16 spells, I'm not gonna list more complicated trigger combinations.
    If you use d-pad of abilities, how do you move then? Via analog sticks? On my USB gamepad analog sticks aren't real - they just mimic d-pad/buttons. And I also don't think, that constantly switching between d-pad/buttons and analog sticks is comfortable way of playing - it still decreases reaction time and requires "slower" game.

I know, that 4 buttons + 4 shifts = 20 abilities. This is enough to do quests. But not enough to play healer even in normal 5ppl.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-01-24 at 01:33 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If you use d-pad of abilities, how do you move then? Via analog sticks? On my USB gamepad analog sticks aren't real - they just mimic d-pad/buttons. And I also don't think, that constantly switching between d-pad/buttons and analog sticks is comfortable way of playing - it still decreases reaction time and requires "slower" game.

I know, that 4 buttons + 4 shifts = 20 abilities. This is enough to do quests. But not enough to play healer even in normal 5ppl.
    Yes. Consoleport already uses d-pad for abilities and left stick for moving and menu navigation (right stick is camera control and click).

If your gamepad doesn't do proper analog control and instead just emulates d-pad with the stick, then the fault is in your game pad or the game/drivers.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully not, but I guess it is innevitable now.

Sadly that will be a new negative blow against WoW. Bringing even more new gen players, who mostly only bring toxcity and hyper fast, uninvolved gaming experience demands.

I still don't think it'll happen.

Firstly because it involves quite a bit more than just adding controller support - We're talking a full UI overhaul at the very least. On top of that, you have to consider how long it'd take to sort out cross-platform play between the battle.net driven PC experience & the Xbox driven console experience.

But really, what does WoW offer a current-gen console owner in 2022? The storytelling is garbage, the questing has been absolutely gutted, the PvP is no longer a novelty, end-game PvE is either a high barrier to entry or a pointless queuable hell of braindead content... If I'm not an MMO player & I'm looking at WoW from the outside in its 18th year after launch, I don't know why I'd bother playing it.

If it does happen, I'll be happyy for the dozens of people on Xbox who will play it.

Controllers and traditional MMORPGS just dont match. Also idk how they want to support addons properly...since the game is now already designed around the idea of people using WAs and Bossmods.
    The only way to make this a good experience would be to NOT support crossplay and let console players play on their own servers with a bit dumped down gameplay and mechanics. If there would be crossplay, everyone would hate console players and nobody would invite them for pretty much anything...it would be a horrible experience for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Controllers and traditional MMORPGS just dont match. Also idk how they want to support addons properly...since the game is now already designed around the idea of people using WAs and Bossmods.
    The only way to make this a good experience would be to NOT support crossplay and let console players play on their own servers with a bit dumped down gameplay and mechanics. If there would be crossplay, everyone would hate console players and nobody would invite them for pretty much anything...it would be a horrible experience for both sides.
    Page 5th and people still dont understand console =/= gamepad.

I already explained it here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53556670
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Oh great. Even more keyboard, sorry, controller turners. Just what the game needed.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioz10 View Post
    from game awards taking place this year on December 9th but was quickly taken down
    It;s not coming to consoles. A new Warcraft themed game coming to console? Sure. But they are not porting a 17 year old game to console. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Oh great. Even more keyboard, sorry, controller turners. Just what the game needed.
    Controller turning works fine. Doing proper forward Disengages is probably easier with it than with mouse camera and turning controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Controller turning works fine. Doing proper forward Disengages is probably easier with it than with mouse camera and turning controls.
    It's kind of bewildering how incapable people seem to be of understanding how MMOs with proper controller implementation work.

Am i the only one that sees close to 0 reason to get wow for consoles?

Like what would the appeal be? The general gameplay is tedious and literally boring. Like i dont think anyone enjoys it. Why not just get something better?

Even with the possible inevitability of WoW getting bundled into Game Pass I'd prefer it didn't. At least not without the requirement that it be played with a keyboard and mouse; not to imply that controller users are second class players, just that if a player is new to WoW already, adding more inhibiting factors to their gameplay experience would likely result in more frustration. It's kind of like OSU. You can play OSU with a mouse/keyboard but you'll always be second-string to people who have WACOM tablets.

I don't see the point. WoW is an old ass game now, and its 16+ years of spaghetti code sound like a nightmare to port to consoles properly; there's more to it than just making sure it's compatible with controllers. Admittedly the Series S/X OS isn't too different from Windows but for One and Playstation platforms I doubt it'll be anywhere near easy.

Besides, the barrier to entry in WoW isn't that high. It runs on potatoes- almost literally so in the case of Classic. I doubt there's an appreciable userbase that always wanted to try/replay WoW but don't have a computer that can run it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't see the point. WoW is an old ass game now, and its 16+ years of spaghetti code sound like a nightmare to port to consoles properly; there's more to it than just making sure it's compatible with controllers. Admittedly the Series S/X OS isn't too different from Windows but for One and Playstation platforms I doubt it'll be anywhere near easy.

Besides, the barrier to entry in WoW isn't that high. It runs on potatoes- almost literally so in the case of Classic. I doubt there's an appreciable userbase that always wanted to try/replay WoW but don't have a computer that can run it.
    If it goes console, most likely they won't bother with older xbox, playstation 99% won't be getting one.

And you got that backwards, they dont have to make it compatible with controller. Which is kinda moot point since you can play on PC with dancin mat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnxCfhSdWPc

It should be pretty easy to grab some more money even if there won't be much new players, kinda like classic, little time investment for potential profit.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV