7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Again, nobody is saying they’d be shocked by a small wolverine. You keep moving these goalposts. The point is they don’t know or care that he was 5’3” in some iterations. And your feed is the way it is because it’s related to your searches and follows. Most people don’t have that shit in their feeds. You seriously need to look into how social media works because you clearly have no clue.
    Im sure your anecdotal evidence is enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And your feed is the way it is because it’s related to your searches and follows. Most people don’t have that shit in their feeds. You seriously need to look into how social media works because you clearly have no clue.
    Let's see what I've got in my Youtube feed;

Clip from a silly Twitch streamer I watch
    A video I have no interest in making fun of gender reveal parties causing fires.
    A video about how royalties work to help dungeon masters build settings for D&D.
    The latest Some More News clip, about the history of work.
    A review of the creativity in the Spy Kids franchise.
    A 3-year-old clip of a Youtube maker (Simone Giertz) talking about her brain tumor.
    A booktuber talking about One Piece, which I've never seen and probably will never cause it's not my thing.
    A look at a "forgotten" apostle in Christian theology.

And so on. Pretty damned sure that eclectic mess is wildly specific to me and what I've watched lately, since at least three of those I'm not interested in but I have watched something by that Youtuber before. The only Marvel stuff I usually get offered in my feed is stuff about the MCU, and there's as much about the DC films in there too. Not because I don't like comics; a couple years back I picked up Marvel Unlimited to both re-read some favorites and, more significantly, to dig through major arcs I'd never read before; I probably read north of 1000 Marvel comics that year. Not everything, cause there's a metric buttload, but the highlights and a heavier dive into characters I had more interest in. But I've never punched that into Youtube, so I rarely get offered anything about the comics, specifically.

Your social media feeds aren't the same as everyone's. The algorithm tries to feed you more of what you, specifically, engage with.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your social media feeds aren't the same as everyone's. The algorithm tries to feed you more of what you, specifically, engage with.
    Yep. I'm a comics nerd. I have boxes and boxes of graphic novels from Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, even stuff from companies like Dynamite and AfterShok and IDW. I know a ton about the characters/series I like, and a pretty fair amount about a huge number of characters/series I don't actively read/follow. I actually have comics related webpages bookmarked, in fact. So, theoretically, I should be getting tons of comics stuff in my feeds, right?

You know how many comics related things I see in my Twitter feed? Not ONE SINGLE POST, cause I've literally never followed or searched anything comics related on there. I primarily use Twitter to keep up with Japanese wrestling and metal bands I follow, so most of the posts that pop up in my feed relate to wrestling or metal, or occasionally major news events in Japan as the wrestlers and musicians I follow are talking about them.

Same thing on Youtube, the only comics related stuff I really watch on there are the new comic book movie trailers when they drop. So yeah, my feed will suggest me the new trailer for Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel, cause I've watched other trailers for Marvel movies and shows. But I'm not getting tons of videos about say, "an indepth look at the multiple personalities of Marc Spector" or "Who is Ms. Marvel and what does she do?" cause I haven't searched those characters...and even if I had searched them to find the trailers, if those videos popped up it doesn't mean I would have watched them and would then be able to tell you all of Moon Knight's various personalities if I wasn't already a big Moon Knight comics fan. I know plenty of fans of comic movies, and all they know about the characters is what they see in those movies. They don't know that Wolverine is supposed to be really short, or that Ultron was not, in fact, created by Tony Stark, or that Taskmaster is not actually a female Red Room operative.

Before jumping further into this convo I have a question about the Wolverine in Cartoons; 1) How widespread were they released ? 2) how popular were they ? 3) Was the Wolverine in them short ? & 4) Was the character popular ?

The rest of the (non English speaking) world never sees the comics. But they can and often do see the toons. Non-English voice actors are relatively speaking cheaper on syndicated stuff, which is in part why Spidey does well at the B.O.. Logically the short, squat, Wolverine will go over better in a movie if he's already established. That said at this point you're fighting Jackman's version no matter who you get.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Before jumping further into this convo I have a question about the Wolverine in Cartoons; 1) How widespread were they released ? 2) how popular were they ? 3) Was the Wolverine in them short ? & 4) Was the character popular ?

From the X-Men: The animated series...inarguably the most famous of all X-Men cartoons:

You can see he is significantly shorter than the other X-men. The only X-man around his size was Jubilee...a teenaged girl.

X-Men evolution:

He's taller than some of the children...but that's about it.

Wolverine has, since his introduction, been not just one of the most popular X-men...but one of Marvel's most popular characters... in any media.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-03-29 at 10:53 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Peter (Colossus) is about 6 and a half feet tall

Who gives a shit as long as he can play the part well?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    First episode of Moon Knight was really good. Oscar Isaac is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Does anyone really care enough about how tall/short Wolverine is in any movies he happens to be in for there to be this many posts over it? As long as the actor playing him acts the part well, I certainly couldn't care less. It has literally no bearing on my enjoyment of the character.
    Some will be but most understand you need to have some allowances. To me marvel kinda ran out of steam after thanos. It feels like they dont know what to do with any character introduced since captain marvel.

Dr strange and spider man have come out strong but either people only want the orginal characters or like in captain marvel's case they cant seem to write interesting stories about newer ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Some will be but most understand you need to have some allowances. To me marvel kinda ran out of steam after thanos. It feels like they dont know what to do with any character introduced since captain marvel.

Dr strange and spider man have come out strong but either people only want the orginal characters or like in captain marvel's case they cant seem to write interesting stories about newer ones.
    The first Iron Man film came out in 2008. The first Avengers wasn't till 2012, and the MCU was kinda finding its footing on the way there, with a lot of what, for the MCU, could be considered missteps.

The post-Thanos phase has barely begun. Black Widow isn't even properly a post-Thanos film; it should've been included before Endgame and doesn't actually inform anything for the post-Thanos multiversal story arc. The TV shows have, largely, been used for setup, the same way Agents of Shield was in its first season leading up to Winter Soldier by example. The only effective Phase 4 films we actually have are Shang Chi, the Eternals, and No Way Home. The Eternals was eh, but who knows, maybe they can Thor that franchise back into being cool (seriously, go watch Thor 1 and 2 again, they were low points for the MCU before Thor: Ragnarok revitalized the character).

That's one existing character, and two intro films. We're about to get a bunch of more existing-character films, and it's really hard to claim that Captain Marvel "ran out of steam" when A> Ms. Marvel's hitting the Disney+ scene soon, and B> the Marvels film is set for Feb 2023.

The new characters have only been introduced. If we follow a similar pace to Phase 1, we shouldn't expect the big "team-up" movie before 2024-5. Phase 4 has barely started, and the pandemic caused a big slowdown both in production and the profitability of releasing, leading to a lot of delays. That's why there were no MCU films released in 2020, not any "slowdown" otherwise.

Picture Phase 1, and Thor just came out. Captain America hasn't even been introduced; just Iron Man, Hulk (who isn't even played by Ruffalo yet), and Thor. That's effectively where we're at in Phase 4. It's barely off the ground.

The first Iron Man film came out in 2008. The first Avengers wasn't till 2012, and the MCU was kinda finding its footing on the way there, with a lot of what, for the MCU, could be considered missteps.

The post-Thanos phase has barely begun. Black Widow isn't even properly a post-Thanos film; it should've been included before Endgame and doesn't actually inform anything for the post-Thanos multiversal story arc. The TV shows have, largely, been used for setup, the same way Agents of Shield was in its first season leading up to Winter Soldier by example. The only effective Phase 4 films we actually have are Shang Chi, the Eternals, and No Way Home. The Eternals was eh, but who knows, maybe they can Thor that franchise back into being cool (seriously, go watch Thor 1 and 2 again, they were low points for the MCU before Thor: Ragnarok revitalized the character).

That's one existing character, and two intro films. We're about to get a bunch of more existing-character films, and it's really hard to claim that Captain Marvel "ran out of steam" when A> Ms. Marvel's hitting the Disney+ scene soon, and B> the Marvels film is set for Feb 2023.

The new characters have only been introduced. If we follow a similar pace to Phase 1, we shouldn't expect the big "team-up" movie before 2024-5. Phase 4 has barely started, and the pandemic caused a big slowdown both in production and the profitability of releasing, leading to a lot of delays. That's why there were no MCU films released in 2020, not any "slowdown" otherwise.

Picture Phase 1, and Thor just came out. Captain America hasn't even been introduced; just Iron Man, Hulk (who isn't even played by Ruffalo yet), and Thor. That's effectively where we're at in Phase 4. It's barely off the ground.
    You could be right I am just not sitting on the edge of my seat for anything marvel right now beyond dr strange. If I am pleasantly surprised or hear good things about other shows/movies I will check them out but there isn't anything I'm on the look out for.

Does anyone really care enough about how tall/short Wolverine is in any movies he happens to be in for there to be this many posts over it? As long as the actor playing him acts the part well, I certainly couldn't care less. It has literally no bearing on my enjoyment of the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Who gives a shit as long as he can play the part well?
    Well, it's not a deal-breaker or anything...but it is big part of the character. If Wolverine was Hugh Jackman's size in the comics....his name wouldn't be "Wolverine". He'd be "Bear" or something. And it creates some pretty interesting visuals...like when he's fighting someone like Sabretooth or "staring down" someone like Cyclops.

As for "this many posts"... consider how many more posts this will get if they cast a non-white person as Wolverine. His height is at least something relevant to the character.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

As evidenced by pretty much every long topic on this sub forum, people will bitch about anything.

Are all mavel movies available on amazon prime video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney+ has all of them except for some of the Sony ones I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Disney+ has all of them except for some of the Sony ones I think.
    They also don't have The Incredible Hulk

(seriously, go watch Thor 1 and 2 again, they were low points for the MCU before Thor: Ragnarok revitalized the character).
    I think Thor 2 was one of the better Marvel Movies. I think the low point was Ragnarok where Thor became more of a clown. It was a funny movie but it totally destroyed his character.

Thor 2? As in the Dark World?? I've never seen anyone say it was even remotely good, let alone "one of the better Marvel movies". Meanwhile, I only really ever see praise for Ragnarok. How interesting.
    It nearly killed any interest in keeping Thor in the MCU, or at least making him more solo movies, which Ragnarok quickly turned around. So they are indeed in a minority with that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think Thor 2 was one of the better Marvel Movies. I think the low point was Ragnarok where Thor became more of a clown. It was a funny movie but it totally destroyed his character.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was deliberate. Disney had to get away from the idea of a "God of Thunder" in the same way they got away from a rampaging Hulk that becane stronger with rage.
    The comics initially showed that nerf as a character defect in the part of Thor trying to fit in withe Avengers' group dynamic;

Thor 2? As in the Dark World?? I've never seen anyone say it was even remotely good, let alone "one of the better Marvel movies". Meanwhile, I only really ever see praise for Ragnarok. How interesting.
    Maybe, don't know. Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed watching Ragnarok but regarding Thor as a character i felt bad...
    Look what happened with Thor after Ragnarok. He was the funny fat Big Lebowsky - Thor in Endgame and is now phased out for femthor.
    Maybe that was deliberate, they knew that Chris Hemsworth was too expensive and instead of killing him like Tony and Cap(sortof) they made him a caricature so they can easily replace him with the next Thor.