Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Tune WotLK up, a lot

EDIT:
    As some people do not read, and instead jump into conclusions:

No, I dont want fights for the 1%, I want fights to last more than 2 minutes, so everyone has a chance to actually enjoy their class, their CDs... That´s why a tune up would help. WotLK fights, as it stands on classic, don´t have a chance to last long, which is simply not fun. Even no lights is going to be so easy, because we know exactly what to do.

------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

TBC has suffered a big problem. We all knew the content so good from doing it back in the day, then from farming it for mogs and what not over the years after. Player experience and more complex mechanics as of recently.. it all allowed us to faceroll the content in BC classic.

There is 5 to 6 times more people running around on 4sb T6, warglaives... so many amani warbears the very week of release. I dare to say that, right now, the average server gear is the same as it was when we were deep into SWP over a decade ago, since not that many even got past Muru by the time the zombie event started anyway...

Now WotLK comes and I see 3 big problems.
    1- More recent content and more popular.
    2- Easier raids in average.
    3- Far more accesible end game content.

If we facerolled BC content, what are we going to do with WotLK´s? I think a base HP and dmg buff should be applied to all dungeon and raid bosses. A very simple way to ensure that we do not have guilds pulling Alone in the Darkness out of their butt in the first or second week... I don´t even ask for deeper work, just a plain, base buff to all, just to buy us some extra time.

It will simply not be fun. Imagine Naxx.. it was a faceroll back then, so today we might as well go as levels 75 to make it stick a bit? Everyone is going to get there on full SWP sets lol... (remember, some BC loot goes well to Ulduar)

That´s all I think WotLK classic will need I fear a lot of people will burn out of it too easily otherwise.

Thoughts?

Btw, classic haters don´t even bother replying, this is for people genuinely interested in WotLK classic Leave the toxicity away.
    Last edited by shise; 2022-04-11 at 06:43 AM.

I think they should focus their efforts on making evergreen content for retail. The classic train should have ended at vanilla, splitting the player base between several versions of the game is an absolutely stupid idea. Might be a hot take, but I'm not wrong.

One of the major reasons WotLK was so successful was because of how accessible it were. Doing everything harder wont automatically make it better.

The tryhards will clear content no matter what in the earlier versions of wow. classic, bc, wotlk never really was hard bar a few exceptions.

But it was accessible and ALOT of ppl played it, especially wotlk. the most accessible xpac.

From what I remember, ince Ulduar hits, the hard modes and heroic versions are decently challenging.
    With that said, you should bookmark this thread and post proof on how you got Yogg-0, Algalon, Immortality and Heroic LK in the week that they become available.

People really need to start accepting the fact that this is not 2007 where 60-70% were new players that had no idea what they were doing.

Also, pretty sure that a lot of people on classic like it because they can actually play to have a good time instead of continous stress on exaggerate tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    I think they should focus their efforts on making evergreen content for retail. The classic train should have ended at vanilla, splitting the player base between several versions of the game is an absolutely stupid idea. Might be a hot take, but I'm not wrong.
    I agree. They should focus on making retail the best they can. I dont mind the re-release of old xpacs, but it should be enough to just put out the content that once was. Nothing more, nothing less.

Classic should be a museum not new content with updated challenges.

They didn't do it for Classic.
    They didn't do it for TBC.
    They're not going to do it for Wotlk.

Buffing the raids of the expansion that is rather infamous for often being regarded where the skill floor required has dropped feels kinda stupid, part of the appeal is still that it's supposed to be authentic and them just changing this aspect of Wotlk is runs very much contrary to that.

I think that sort of thing makes only sense on the second round or if they're willing to do class changes (which they highly likely will not do, especially considering how much Blizzard is dragging their feet on this whole "class changes" things, when they even refused to do it for SoM).
    Wotlk isn't the haven of Balance either and more challenging raids just feeds more the concept of rolling the top tier specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I agree. They should focus on making retail the best they can. I dont mind the re-release of old xpacs, but it should be enough to just put out the content that once was. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I feel like a broken record repeating this but Blizzard has stated that:
    (1) Classic has a separate team (which they also hire independently)
    (2) There isn't a massive overlap between the Classic and Retail playerbase

Blizzard isn't going to give more developers to Retail if they're doing less work for Classic, if they think they can justify more developers in terms of cost / revenue, they're going to hire new ones.
    It's like saying that Blizzard shouldn't work on other titles and rather focus on WoW, that's not how it works.

If you have two successful products managed by two different teams, you don't gut one to support the other, unless you're deathly afraid of scaling up your company but i think Blizzard is past that point with ~5k employees.
    I think you are wrong because the majority of players that nowadays plays Classic plays that exclusively would quite likely only reluctantly play Retail for the lack of alternatives or have quit entirely if Blizzard hadn't released Classic.

This "splitting the communtiy" is a myth that Blizzard itself has debunked because there is not a massive overlap between these two groups.

I don't think that it's exactly an unpopular opinion among the Classic community that Retail cannot be salvaged to a point where they can enjoy it, throwing a handful of developers at the Retail team (which counts like over 200 heads btw.) isn't going to change that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-06 at 08:00 AM.

I did not play Classic Vanilla for hard raids. I played it for fun.
    I do not play TBC Classic for hard raids. I play it for fun.
    I will not play WotLK for hard raids. I will play it for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I fear a lot of people will burn out of it too easily otherwise.
    If you're burning out playing any game, you're playing it wrong.

We told you people like 4 years ago that this old content was going to be easy and nooooooooooooo you all screamed no changes and threatened to burn Blizzard to the ground when you found out the little changes they did make and now you all make these stupid ass posts every day asking for buffs to make it harder.

News flash, NO CLASSIC CONTENT WILL EVER BE HARD. Stop trying to live some weird ass nostalgia, if you did it when it was current then you don't need it buffed because you already experienced the challenge. If you never did it then sucks to be you because you never will experience it because it will never be the same as it was.
    Play it for fun not for challenge because it will NEVER be a challenge.
    There is nothing hard or challenging about fights that people have done for entire tiers when it was current or can just look up 1000 kill videos. Not to mention at this point you have exact knowledge of buffs/nerfs and what will or won't be good on a new tier and in 2009/2010 people still had shitty computers and shitty internet which played a huge factor in a lot of mechanics like defile.

You won't get hard classic content until Legion, if they buff EN and add in the rogue nerfs from the start and that's just facts.
    Last edited by OokOok; 2022-04-06 at 07:50 AM.

What you call evergreen others might call "a pointless grind to milk activity metrics." Way too mcuh cynicism.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They didn't do it for TBC.
    Except they did.

They released the pre-nerfed versions and even that was too much for many players.

Except you are very wrong. The majority of people who play classic would not be playing retail anyway if classics did not exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    If something should be considered for adding to WoTLK... I'd love to see transmog system being added. It won't hurt for sure.
    Technically, it's possible to do something about. If one of the biggest private servers managed to integrate transmog into WoTLK, Blizzard sure can.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Except they did.

They released the pre-nerfed versions and even that was too much for many players.
    Releasing pre nerf versions and artifically buffing encounters are two separate things.

OP didn't ask for Pre nerf versions (which there aren't any for T7 and dungeons at least to my knowledge), he asked for artificially buffing both dungeon and raids.

Releasing pre nerf versions and artifically buffing encounters are two separate things.

OP didn't ask for Pre nerf versions (which there aren't any for T7 and dungeons at least to my knowledge), he asked for artificially buffing both dungeon and raids.
    Pre nerf is a buff for 99% of the player base that never experienced the fights in that state.

The fights were not released in their 2.4.3 state and are therefore a buff on what the fights were like during the original 2.4.3

I dono why any one wants stuff to be longer than it has to be.

Make weekly chores as fast/easy as possible so you can move on to other things.

No need to add hours to the weekly chores ”Just because”

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Pre nerf is a buff for 99% of the player base that never experienced the fights in that state.

The fights were not released in their 2.4.3 state and are therefore a buff on what the fights were like during the original 2.4.3
    Pre nerf fights are authentic to the original game, artificial buffs are not.

I really dislike engaging such a semantic arguement when the difference is frankly obvious, because, again, OP didn't say "release pre nerf versions of Wotlk encounters!", he said "Buff everything because it's so easy!".
    These are two different things.

The title of this thread literally is "Tune up Wotlk, a lot", not "release Wotlk as it was".

Pre nerf fights are authentic to the original game, artificial buffs are not.

I really dislike engaging such a semantic arguement when the difference is frankly obvious, because, again, OP didn't say "release pre nerf versions of Wotlk encounters!", he said "Buff everything because it's so easy!".
    These are two different things.

The title of this thread literally is "Tune up Wotlk, a lot", not "release Wotlk as it was".
    Pre nerf fights were not authentic to patch 2.4.3, yet these were the fights that were released with TBCC.

Call it what you want, the fights are buffed from their original 2.4.3 state. They are the same.

Even if the OP said 'release pre nerf versions of wotlk encounters' that would still constitute a buff to the inevitable 3.3.5 client we will get

this is the fate of all classic expansions to come (if there are more). the good old times wont come back unless someone man in black flashes the whole community and makes them forget everything. the outcry will be bigger if they change the the game too much during its first cycle. i can see them tuning things harder on seasonal servers afterwards
    Last edited by faceblunt; 2022-04-06 at 08:33 AM.