Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account

1 week until Dragonflight reveal

Place your final bets on what the new expansion will contain.

What i think we will get:
    Level cap 70.
    Dragon Isles with 6 zones located west of Quel'thalas and 1 new zone in northern Lordaeron.
    8 to 10 dungeons and 2 raids.
    Playable Dragonkin race.
    New specs:
    Dragon Knight for Warrior.
    Chronomancer for Mage.
    Earthwarden for Shaman.
    Dark Ranger for Hunter.
    Necromancer for Warlock.
    Spellbreaker for Paladin.
    Dragonflight covenants with armor sets based on each of the 5 flights.
    Dragon Aspect cloaks powered up with a new type of collectable power, be it Aspect Power or Draconic Power.

Bard as a new profession, but this is a big maybe.

5+ Year Old Account
    I bet we will finally see Dragon Isles in the Dragonflight expansion. I just know it.
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

I have a feeling that it will be a first tier with two medium raids instead of one big raid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KNTRPRTS View Post
    This forum is going to implode when the expansion is revealed to not be a dragon related/Dragon Isles expansion at all.
    I can already imagine
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking91 View Post
    Aspect Power
    Oh, definitely this. Another AP grind? that's a given

1+ Year Old Account
    I predict:

-an expansion name will be revealed
    -information with be given
    -players will be HYPE
    -players will be let down
    -interviews will happen
    -things will be said

I really hope I am right. Did I answer the question correctly?

I don't think we'll get a new level cap. It'll stay at 60 for the foreseeable future IMO unless Blizzard want to keep repeating the inflation/squish cycle forever, which I doubt they do.

I'm hoping Pathfinder gets a rework so we don't have to put up with more bullshit arbitrary timegating for a mechanic that's been in the game for 15 years, but my expectation is low for that.

New races and classes, meh, honestly couldn't give a shit either way. I don't think the game needs them.

5+ Year Old Account
    hopefully the return of ap/titanforging so the expansion won't be as boring as this one

I have it on good authority that we will get:

Level 70 cap.
    6 new zones.
    Several Dungeons
    3-4 Raids
    1 Mega Dungeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm usually a supporter of Blizzard but after seeing the way that Soulbinds are going to work on top of this change to M+ I'm deeply regretting my decision to preorder this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thanks man, your super hot take that WoW sucks is really refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict there will be much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking91 View Post
    Place your final bets on what the new expansion will contain.

What i think we will get:
    Level cap 70.
    Dragon Isles with 6 zones located west of Quel'thalas and 1 new zone in northern Lordaeron.
    8 to 10 dungeons and 2 raids.
    Playable Dragonkin race.
    New specs:
    Dragon Knight for Warrior.
    Chronomancer for Mage.
    Earthwarden for Shaman.
    Dark Ranger for Hunter.
    Necromancer for Warlock.
    Spellbreaker for Paladin.
    Dragonflight covenants with armor sets based on each of the 5 flights.
    Dragon Aspect cloaks powered up with a new type of collectable power, be it Aspect Power or Draconic Power.

Bard as a new profession, but this is a big maybe.
    I don't think we will get new specs per se but I think we will get sub classes - basically what you listed. New specs would be cool though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I don't think we'll get a new level cap. It'll stay at 60 for the foreseeable future IMO unless Blizzard want to keep repeating the inflation/squish cycle forever, which I doubt they do.
    I sorta agree but at the same time I can see them maybe going to 80 or 90. this is where borrowed power might actually become not borrowed power - for example Blizz look at their Shadowlands data and pick the favoured Covenant per spec - those 2 abilities become something you learn either at 60 or between 60 and 70, then the other 3 dps ones become talents for level 60. there are also heaps of spells they could "unprune" again which will keep us going til level 90. expansion after level 90, we get squished back to 50 again. so it would be 1 squish roughly every 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I predict there will be much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth.
    And if you haven't got teeth, then teeth will be provided.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Level Cap: 61
    6 new dungeons
    1 mega dungeon
    2 new raids
    2 new races: Vrykull and ogres
    2 new classes: Dragonsworn and Tinker

Sinking feeling that we will get no new classes or races, while we get more of the same parasitic design features.

Hoping to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KNTRPRTS View Post
    I just hope it's nowhere close to the 2 leaks you posted here.

Make it 3 now.
    Yes, it's better if we get nothing else but a new continent because you are used to paying for nothing at this point, right?

0% chance the level cap will increase to 70. It makes zero sense given how they changed the entire leveling system of the game. Level cap will remain 60, and we'll be squished down to level 50 in a pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    0% chance the level cap will increase to 70. It makes zero sense given how they changed the entire leveling system of the game. Level cap will remain 60, and we'll be squished down to level 50 in a pre-patch.
    They can't keep squishing forever. 50 levels are already barely enough to hold 8 expansions, so 9 or even 10 ? Is it gonna be 2 levels per expansion if we don't use Chromie ?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I’m expecting:
    Dragon Isles as endgame zone.

Level 70 (keeping things at 60 makes zero sense)

New class, either Tinker or a dragonsworn-esque class (full class, no micro classes or new specs)
    and/or
    Drakonid/dragonkin race. (Not full on dragons.)

New profession. (Be it an actual profession or a sub-profession like abomination stitching/ junkyard construction)

Feral druids at the bottom of tier lists again.

More abilities for classes not tied to covenants/dragonflights. (Either unpruned abilities like searing/flametongue totem or whole new ones via leveling or talent row)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    They can't keep squishing forever. 50 levels are already barely enough to hold 8 expansions, so 9 or even 10 ? Is it gonna be 2 levels per expansion if we don't use Chromie ?
    Sure they can. The leveling experience was re-designed so that you can go from 10-50, then you head into the current expansion, instead of forcing players to go through every single expansion. It would be utterly bizarre to make a previous expansion + Shadowlands mandatory to get to the new expansion, whatever it is called; as that would simply re-create the problem that the re-designed leveling system fixed.
    Last edited by Eli85; 2022-04-12 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    Sure they can. The leveling experience was re-designed so that you can go from 10-50, then you head into the current expansion, instead of forcing players to go through every single expansion. It would be utterly bizarre to make a previous expansion + Shadowlands mandatory to get to the new expansion, whatever it is called; as that would simply re-create the problem that the re-designed leveling system fixed.
    Only if you use Chromie. If you don't, you have like 5 levels per expansion currently, and it will be even less if they continue squishing things.