Quote Originally Posted by horizon-nowhere View Post
    Yeah I totally agree. Maybe scaleface was exaggerating when he said that his first thought was we already have mages. That could just mean the new class has a cool ranged spellcasting spec/s.
    That was my idea when i read a name of spec "Evoker" and thought wtf because as I playe mage sometimes first reaction was like I said And hints about mage spell was exactly evocation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Dragonsworn has firm roots in Warcraft lore and it sounds cool and makes sense as a name for a dragon-themed class (unlike Evoker, which is too vague).
    they would also not miss the opportunity to make a class starting with D again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Making my final point and prediction on this now, so there'll be no need for the classic "I told you so" post after the announcement.

The Vrykul and Odyn will have a very large focus in the next expansion. A dungeon and a raid at the very least. A presence in several zones, Ruby for sure, most likely Black and Blue, as well as the Titan facility predicted to be on the Dragon Isles. I could also see a huge Norse/Vrykul/Draconic city in the mountains as our Suramar style city/endgame area.

Main villains of the expansion will be Murozond, Odyn, some sort of Vrykul King and Chromatus. Xal'atath in a minor yet notable role, as a hook for the future. Azshara showing up om 50/50 on - I don't see her as a boss of a dungeon or raid regardless of if she shows up. She strikes me as more of a reoccurring character these days - an uneasy ally as she consolidates power for the future. Maybe she could be the hook into a pre-sundering Kalimdir expansion with Murozond being the final boss of Dragonflight.

Galakrond is giving me either world boss or penultimate boss of a raid vibe. I don't see him as the big bad at all.

Drakonid race, links to the Vrykul.

Dragonsworn class, mail armour with specs Spellblade(MDPS), Invoker/Evoker(RDPS), Chronomancer(Healer).

Loreth'Aran as our capital city in the Green zone.

Timewalking as a permanent and expanded feature.

The evolution of Mage Tower, Visions, Torghast as a Bronze Dragonflight/Timewalking style boss feature of classic WoW bosses with extra abilities.

Class Skins.

These are my final predictions.
    No tank spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    To debunk Evokers, all you need to do is look at all the currently existing classes and see if their class name correlates with their class fantasy in a way that makes sense.

Warrior: Plate-wearing melee that hits things angrily. Checks out.
    Rogue: Stealthy, roguish fella that hides in the shadows and stabs people. Checks out.
    Priest: Wears white robes and heals people using holy magic. Checks out.
    Warlock: Practices "witchcraft" and consorts with demons. Checks out.
    Paladin: A holy knight. Checks out.
    Mage: Casts spells and does other wizardly things. Checks out.
    Hunter: Has a bow and a pet, tames and tracks beasts. Checks out.
    Druid: Practices druidism, closely connected to nature. Checks out.
    Death Knight: A knight that is dead and uses death magic. Checks out.
    Demon Hunter: Hunts demons and also is a demon themselves. Checks out.
    Shaman: Closely connected to the spirits and elements. Checks out.
    Monk: Hangs out in monasteries and practices meditation. Checks out.

And now compare all of the above to Evoker.

Evoker: ?????????????? dragons??????????? Does NOT check out.

What the class is should be immediately clear from just reading the name. The fact that everyone's here speculating about what Evoker should be is already a clear sign that it's complete bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds cool but I wouldn't like it personally. I already get annoyed just switching between Cat and Night Elf when I'm playing a Resto Druid. I was never a fan of the hectic form swapping you have to do to play "optimally", and it's also why Druid will always be my least favorite class to play.
    You should play a tbc feral druid. Cancel form macro every 5 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

I think 5 specs is too many personally. I would combine them into just 3:

Black = Tank
    Green & Red = Healer
    Blue & Bronze = DPS

The problem is, Green feels thematically very similar to Restoration Druids and Blue is basically just Frost/Arcane Mages.

Bronze, Red, and Black are the dragonflights with the most potential for unique abilities. Incidentally these are also the ones they based Heroes on in HotS (with Chromie, Alexstrasza, and Deathwing), but that's besides the point.
    IM a fan of 4 specs. 5 is too many and unnecessary IMO.

Black-tank
    Red-healer
    Blue-MDPS
    Green-RDPS
    Bronze weaved in through most specs. I think a Green dps caster would be fun. We don't have anything like that anymore.

You're right, it should've been named Invoker as in invoking the powers of dragonflights

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    11.) Jeremy Feasel tells us everything about world questing and why we will have to send all those gnomes into the fire, mainly in already existing regions with new phases. And existing assets.
    I'd like to know more about how I can assist in the gnome holocaust.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragonsworn has firm roots in Warcraft lore and it sounds cool and makes sense as a name for a dragon-themed class (unlike Evoker, which is too vague).
    Though to be fair, Dragonsworn in warcraft lore mostly have some blessing from their dragonflight and largely keep their own powers, e.g. the Bronze Dragonsworn Watchers gain immortality. Jorad still fought as a paladin (well fallen paladin until he found the Light).

I also think dragonsworn will be the name of the covenant system in Dragonflight. That's probably why they went with a different name for the class. The "sworn" part of dragonsworn fits right in with swearing your allegiance to a dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    To debunk Evokers, all you need to do is look at all the currently existing classes and see if their class name correlates with their class fantasy in a way that makes sense.

Warrior: Plate-wearing melee that hits things angrily. Checks out.
    Rogue: Stealthy, roguish fella that hides in the shadows and stabs people. Checks out.
    Priest: Wears white robes and heals people using holy magic. Checks out.
    Warlock: Practices "witchcraft" and consorts with demons. Checks out.
    Paladin: A holy knight. Checks out.
    Mage: Casts spells and does other wizardly things. Checks out.
    Hunter: Has a bow and a pet, tames and tracks beasts. Checks out.
    Druid: Practices druidism, closely connected to nature. Checks out.
    Death Knight: A knight that is dead and uses death magic. Checks out.
    Demon Hunter: Hunts demons and also is a demon themselves. Checks out.
    Shaman: Closely connected to the spirits and elements. Checks out.
    Monk: Hangs out in monasteries and practices meditation. Checks out.

What the class is should be immediately clear from just reading the name. The fact that everyone's here speculating about what Evoker should be is already a clear sign that it's complete bullshit.
    This is correct. Which is also why Blizzard utilizes their major lore figures as examples of any new class. If I tell you that the new class will be based on Illidan from WC3 and HotS, you can easily play WC3 pr HotS to get a feel for the general concept of the upcoming class. And that builds hype. The same applies to future classes based on Gazlowe or Alexstraza. If Blizzzrd announced an Alexstraza-styled dragon class players could get a preview (of sorts) by playing HotS Alexstraza. Once again, that generates hype.

In addition, major characters like Alexstraza and Gazlowe have established fan bases.

Evoker has none of those benefits.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-18 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Well, part of my fun here on the forums is to watch Blizzard trying without being successfull. And to react to it. You may not like that, but here we are. Believe me, if they ever should become reasonable again, i would stop laughing. I really would like to watch a great lore on youtube. Instead of dying robots and redone "Return of the king"-moments.

It is all up to blizzard to design a game for their players.
    Ah, yes. The always very believable "it's just a goof".

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Suspicious is a way to say I remember the cinematic of Anduin being a literal rip-off from a Final fantasy cinematic
    Eh, I can find that exact same scene all over fantasy fiction decades before Final Fantasy. There is nothing particularly original about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This is correct. Which is also why Blizzard utilizes their major lore figures as examples of any new class. If I tell you that the new class will be based on Illidan from WC3 and HotS, you can easily play WC3 pr HotS to get a feel for the general concept of the upcoming class. And that builds hype. The same applies to future classes based on Gazlowe or Alexstraza. If Blizzzrd announced an Alexstraza-styled dragon class players could get a preview (of sorts) by playing HotS Alexstraza. Once again, that generates hype.

Even an Alexstrasza class doesn't seem right to me. if we're going off of classes being in part based on lore characters, which imo is a good point I hadn't considered much before, I don't really see Alexstrasza having a unique, iconic set. Monks/Brewmasters/Chen prove they don't need to be POPULAR but his was VERY unique compared to anything we had currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Island expeditions 2.0 with the Torghast system of scaling group and roguelike upgrades.
    New chunk of recolored old gear and mounts.
    A few unique rewards.

Then have that, but with no incentive to go there for any reason beyond story and cosmetics and I would be set for a long while.
    Yes, but it has to have quality cosmetics and a lot of them. Piddly scraps wont cut it. Legion Artifact hunting level cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    But it is both boring and cheesy.
    I'd say that is largely true for all composite nouns used broadly in fantasy games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    Even an Alexstrasza class doesn't seem right to me. if we're going off of classes being in part based on lore characters, which imo is a good point I hadn't considered much before, I don't really see Alexstrasza having a unique, iconic set. Monks/Brewmasters/Chen prove they don't need to be POPULAR but his was VERY unique compared to anything we had currently.
    You don’t think her abilities are unique?

https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Alexstrasza

I think the healing concepts and the dragon based abilities are quite novel. Especially Cleansing Flames.

Also despite the vocal minority at BlizzCon, Chen Stormstout was an EXTREMELY popular character before MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, I can find that exact same scene all over fantasy fiction decades before Final Fantasy. There is nothing particularly original about it.
    One thing is the scenes being similar, or using the same trope, cause cliches exist and will be used forever, other thing is a straight rip-off

The fact that most people dislike Evokers makes this new class more likely to happen, IMO.

While I fully agree with you, wait until we find out it's called "Draconic Evoker" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    One thing is the scenes being similar, or using the same trope, cause cliches exist and will be used forever, other thing is a straight rip-off
    Not disagreeing with you here, but in fiction is not easy figuring out who ripped-off who, just an example, I always thought Blizz ripped-off WH40k for the terran marines design then I read Starship Troopers and found out they both ripped off the book

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

In addition, major characters like Alexstraza and Gazlowe have established fan bases.

Except a few points

1.) You said Tinker was 100% the next class because every class comes from WC3, that didnt seem to happen so:
    2.) You bounced to No I meant HOTS! Not WC3! So its a dragon class!
    3.) You said Demon Hunter was never ever going to happen

So I wont take your word for it for now.

Do note, I really do not think Evoker will happen. Hell, even Bard/Minstrel have more ingame appearances, as does an inquisitor class or a water based caster. I am not saying they will happen, but at least they have a basis ingame

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Not disagreeing with you here, but in fiction is not easy figuring out who ripped-off who, just an example, I always thought Blizz ripped-off WH40k for the terran marines design then I read Starship Troopers and found out they both ripped off the book
    except that Blizzard never denied taking huge inspiration from Warhammer for their Starcraft franchise

Tyranid = Zerg
    Protoss = Eldar/Dark Eldar
    Marines = Space Marines

it is not some hidden thing. There are even rumours that Starcraft was meant to be a 40k RTS but the license fell through and now we have one of the most succesful RTS games.