Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    To be fair the sha didn’t play much of a role outside of the leveling zones and a few instances until the final patch. It was an amazing thing though
    The Sha were more present than absent, even if you discount that nearly everything the Mantid and Yuangol were doing was because of them.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you look at the OP each class actually does get something:

DK - Dragon Knight spec
    DH - Warden skin
    Druid - Nightmare skin
    Hunter - Tinker spec (elves also get Dark Ranger skin)
    Mage - Chronomancer spec
    Monk - Bard spec
    Paladin - Dragon Knight spec
    Priest - Chronomancer spec
    Rogue - Bard spec
    Shaman - Dragonsworn / earthwarden skin
    Warlock - Necromancer skin
    Warrior - Dragon Knight spec

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this, and on the classes where it doesn't make sense for that armor class, they just happen to get a skin. IE Tinker for mail doesn't make sense for Shaman, so dragonsworn skin.
    It would be interesting to see the Minstrel "Micro Class" actually be a new Rogue spec; could be Ranged Heals, could be Ranged DPS...?

If Ranged Heal, maybe Outlaw also becomes a Tank Spec...?!?

For Tinkers though, not a "Micro Class" but a full on hybrid class; Tank, Heals, and DPS... Maybe an extra bit of fu*kery with each spec using a different armor class...

• Tank = Plate
    • DPS = Mail
    • Heals = Leather

That would be interesting; Minstrel Rogue Leather Heals and Tinker Leather Heals...!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    The Sha were more present than absent, even if you discount that nearly everything the Mantid and Yuangol were doing was because of them.
    I mean if we go zone by zone yeah they were there but we were killing them as quickly as we found them.

The klaxxi being followers was information gated behind rep (I fucking loved that kinda storytelling btw)
    I think yaungol was finished in the questing and I think scenarios?

After terrace we didn’t see any sha until the final patch but we also got a huge lore dump

So ----if this is true---- here are my thoughts on those points:

Quote Originally Posted by Akthos View Post
    Problem I see here is if Blizzard wants to have players entertained, they have to make a way to level or make a super infinite endgame to maintain the fun aspect.
    I think this could signal that they want to go in the direction of Destiny 2 or ESO's account wide progression systems. Either a seasonal track or a champion/mastery point system.

Personally would bet on Destiny's system since Blizzard already went with that in Hearthstone and it was well done.

Lutes, violins and panflutes? We have never seen this "weapons" in WoW ever. Will they create these kind of weapons just for 1 spec? I have my doubts...
    Yeah I highly doubt they would make droppable weapons for just one class, but I could see them questable/craftable like having enchanting rods or the old school shaman totems in your inventory or... a much simpler thing would be, it's essentially just a visual. The way outlaw rogues use pistols and warriors can throw axes.

There is no relation with Warden and a DH. Is more accurated a Warden to be a Rogue if we are reffering to Warden as Cordana or Maiev.
    DH and Warden are directly related, though are shown as enemies to one another. But if you look at their abilities generally, a lot of stuff overlaps. Really the only difference is DHs use Fel and Wardens use... well Arcane, Holy or Shadow even. Illidan and Maeiv in HotS are super similar as well. Highly agile with dodges and leaps, wield glaives, have some sort of vengeance/shadow form thing... but I do agree Rogues have a lot in common as well. Fan of Knives for example. But in the same way DH, like Illidan have Evasion.

So I dunno - doesn't really give any legitimacy to this leak but I do think what's outlined here is doable and makes sense.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2022-04-18 at 05:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the sha didn’t play much of a role outside of the leveling zones and a few instances until the final patch. It was an amazing thing though
    So being present in the story line of most zones is "minor"? Two of the launch raids had Sha as the main bad guy as well. Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. The Horde and Alliance were also trying to weaponize the Sha against each other with the fighting over the Divine Bell in 5.1 that eventually lead to the last patch/garrosh. Only 5.2 and the thunder king was really devoid of Sha.

So I think it is safe to say Old Gods were a major theme of the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by B01L View Post
    with each spec using a different armor class...
    I don't see that ever happening because of the burden it puts on having to gear up multiple specs. Same reason why I don't think micro classes that mix armor type will be a thing. They could easily get that look by having "cosmetic" transmog items without having the downsides of two different armor types for gearing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So being present in the story line of most zones is "minor"? Two of the launch raids had Sha as the main bad guy as well. Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. The Horde and Alliance were also trying to weaponize the Sha against each other with the fighting over the Divine Bell in 5.1 that eventually lead to the last patch/garrosh. Only 5.2 and the thunder king was really devoid of Sha.

So I think it is safe to say Old Gods were a major theme of the expansion.
    I didn’t say minor I just said they weren’t really there past a certain point. We also had no clue they were related to an old god until I think 5.4 or the 5.3 scenarios. It was brutal watching Garrosh literally crush a child though lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t say minor I just said they weren’t really there past a certain point. We also had no clue they were related to an old god until I think 5.4 or the 5.3 scenarios. It was brutal watching Garrosh literally crush a child though lol
    Knowledge of what it really is doesn't stop it from being an Old God theme. The mention of Sha and Old Gods started because the title of the expansion, Mists of Pandaria, didn't reveal info about the main threat/focus of the expansion. Just like Dragonflight doesn't reveal anything about the main threat/focus of the expansion. It just reveals that it is going to involve the Dragons of Azeroth somehow.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Knowledge of what it really is doesn't stop it from being an Old God theme. The mention of Sha and Old Gods started because the title of the expansion, Mists of Pandaria, didn't reveal info about the main threat/focus of the expansion. Just like Dragonflight doesn't reveal anything about the main threat/focus of the expansion. It just reveals that it is going to involve the Dragons of Azeroth somehow.
    Oh completely agree
    With all the new dragon stuff that’s been coming out in recent years like D&D I’m hoping that blizzard took some inspiration from them

In particular the dragon monk subclass and we have more than enough story possibilities I’m surprised we didn’t already get fel dragons

So you are ignoring how the strong emotions of the Horde and Alliance conflict started the Sha appearing again? Or the servants of a dead old god that are trying to bring him back? It was an old god expansion and the Alliance vs Horde faction war was the sub-plot.
    just to say 1 thing the old god thing culd be said as minor as cataclysm since deathwing was corrupted by a old good the entire eastern kingdom and kalidmodr lvl area and quest was related to deathwing in 1 way and in final boss full wull old gods tentacles

just like garrosh and old god combinded in the end but less stuff then cataclysm since cataclysm is the biggest expansion content wise becus it revamped all old lvl area with new lore it was all over 1 dragon that was corrupted by a old god that we gona fight in BFA
    sha was pandaria aswell but it would be wrong to ignore the deathwing old god stuff
    and forget the lore shows a large sign of alliance and horde war in some zones so not much difference
    the pandaren lore and mogu lore was more the main point of pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    just to say 1 thing the old god thing culd be said as minor as cataclysm since deathwing was corrupted by a old good the entire eastern kingdom and kalidmodr lvl area and quest was related to deathwing in 1 way and in final boss full wull old gods tentacles
    Cataclysm was about the Old Gods enacting a plan they started long ago called the Hour of Twilight. So it is hard to say the old gods were a minor presence in that expansion when it was all about them and their servants. I'm not sure what you mean about ignoring Deathwing stuff since acknowledging Old Gods as part of MoP doesn't not mean they were not part of Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I would be, very funny and sad if the Dragonblight "leak" was on purpose. A red herring, and they'll announce the "Real" expansion on the actual date.

Why sad?

People WANT the return to adventure that dragon stuff seems to imply. If they go "lol no its light vs dark expansion" the exact thing people DONT want, its just them admitting that they realize what people want, and dont care.
    well dragonflight does not say light and void wont happan if the Nozdormu cinematic diaoluge leak is real wich it may not be but that wuld pretty much meen time chaos and who knows a portal may get effected and summon yrel and her army light to start invasion and stormwind wuld be the weakest towards lights power aswell as lightforged draenei so it culd be the begining of 1 invasion
    edit: this may be a fake leak i am basing this on dont they it serious

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you look at the OP each class actually does get something:

DK - Dragon Knight spec
    DH - Warden skin
    Druid - Nightmare skin
    Hunter - Tinker spec (elves also get Dark Ranger skin)
    Mage - Chronomancer spec
    Monk - Bard spec
    Paladin - Dragon Knight spec
    Priest - Chronomancer spec
    Rogue - Bard spec
    Shaman - Dragonsworn / earthwarden skin
    Warlock - Necromancer skin
    Warrior - Dragon Knight spec

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this, and on the classes where it doesn't make sense for that armor class, they just happen to get a skin. IE Tinker for mail doesn't make sense for Shaman, so dragonsworn skin.
    This is the most logical breakdown of this entire thing and entirely believable given the history of what Blizzard has aimed to bring to new expansions.

Personally I’m hoping to God that this dragonflight and micro class nonsense is a total red herring. Nothing about it sounds appealing and I’d be done with the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesdawn View Post
    its a bad news for franchise)
    i wuld disagree and that there are many mmorpg that has done it and got players back just to play that class it may not be your taste but many other wuld love it
    micro class can probly easy be updated for more specs but since we keep getting new allied races there is not much point making them if you got all classes to max level
    and on the finaly note more playstyle with new classes meens less need for major changes to old classes all the time
    people culd say it is bad news if there is no new classes but 4 different micro classes meens you can pick 4 allied race to play them
    micro classes wuld also make it easier to balanced then 3 spec classes
    but we only got 1 day to go and we get a to see retails future

on another note many classes dont show diffuclity curve to play and game dont tell you how to make your class easy with talant choice and some classes max dps is with all the cast talant options like warlock

i wuld say wow need more new classes to hopefully to be more easy play like hunters so players look less at their rotation and more and boss mechanics
    with all these 1% playerbase boss design

if the skin class is true but is a class you make that is not a hunter/warlock that culd also meen blizzard culd redsign dark ranger and necromancer at anytime
    make it like what echo fighters in super smash bros ultimate are wich culd be intresting but they probly wont do something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen so many people be against dragons. Its unreal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Never seen so many people be against dragons. Its unreal.
    I think its less people being against dragons, more being for other concepts. And it's simpler for many to rail against what is more-or-less a certainty than it is to elaborate upon one's own wants.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    It wasn't an Old God expansion. It was a panda expansion with faction war. And the Old God element was very minor.

WotLK and Cataclysm had more Old God stuff than MoP.

umm

how many Shas are fought? Where did the Shas come from?

Who all was corrupted by them?

What power was Garrosh dabbling in?

You okay bud?

Hi. If this is truth i will play it

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    Personally I’m hoping to God that this dragonflight and micro class nonsense is a total red herring. Nothing about it sounds appealing and I’d be done with the franchise.
    I truly dont understand this, what would be an appealing theme, then?

Even more cosmic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I truly dont understand this, what would be an appealing theme, then?

Even more cosmic?
    "Hey adventurer, I need you to gather 30 claws from crabs in Stranglethorner valley" and "Kill and collect 20 beaks from Bigger Plainstrider in Empty Lands" where there's 5 of those mobs and 10% drop rate.