Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Come on, Blizzard, this is what I want my hunter to look like:

This is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    I couldn't sleep, so I'm back up—this is interesting. So, it does seem like I'm going to have to eat crow, as I suspected, over my earlier statements about the Drakthyr. Now, this is the interesting bit—that armor appears very unique. Aside from reminding me of the way the Arakkoa's armor was designed in WoD, suggesting androgyny, I am also noticing that the style of the race's model almost appears more like those of complex NPC races like the Mantid, Arakkoa, or Legion Nightborne. When I say this, I mean races which have models with attachable armor meshes and various textures. This also explains my earlier issue with the wings—I think it may be that the wings are meant to be hidden under armor and the naked model is not actually meant to be seen at all.

This is interesting. It reminds me a bit of Vulpera during BfA. If I recall correctly, their model was initially made as a complex NPC model, but came with a player model that was later used for the playable Vulpera.

This could just be heritage armor, but it looks more complex. I may be wrong about this, as I was wrong about this race existing in the first place, but I do wonder if this is an NPC-specific model.

Alternatively, if this is the model we'll get for playable Drakthyr, I do wonder if this is actually the Drakthyr at all. I recall one of the two leakers suggested that the Evokers would actually be able to turn into humanoid dragons who were "more humanoid than dragon" (paraphrasing, but something to that effect). If this is the case, then what if the reason that the customization options were cut off was because this was inserted into the racial screen imperfectly? It could be a work-in-progress for the Evoker transformation. However, this seems very unorthodox and unlikely, so I'm going to write it off for the time being. This would also be odd because it would mean that there would now be two classes that use model with the same skeleton for their metamorphosis abilities, which is strange and hard to picture as compatible.

One other thing that interests me is that this Drakthyr also has a different scale pattern on his legs. Instead of patches of brown scales, he has lines of black scales. This is interesting and does actually lend merit towards that counterargument someone brought up against me that they could actually be a very early model we saw. However, this just makes things more confusing—where the hell did whatshisface get the model? It seems very odd that a relative nobody with no preestablished connection to Blizzard would be able to procure this extremely early model to show us, much less that he would then proceed to wait for it less than a day before the reveal. Why is this the decision he made? I can't make sense of it.

I have seen people asking about the zone in the background—I think whether or not it is one that exists or not could be quickly discerned just by finding that brazier model in the background. If it is a model that doesn't exist yet, we can be pretty damn well certain that this really is a new zone, possibly a trailer clip. If I were to assume that isn't a new model, the shape of the flames makes me think of MoP. Curiously, if it is a new model, it seems like there is an Azerite component to it (notice the material that starts gold at the base and moves upwards to become blue, just like Azerite).

One other explanation for the armor is that this could be a boss—it would explain the convolution of the armor and why it doesn't look like anything we've seen before. Alternatively, traditional armor only appears on the transformed model. This is very strange and shocking to me.

If I were to push forward my personal theory on why these things look and transform like they do, I actually do wonder if it's the inverse of what some people suspect—that is, as opposed to just reflecting Dragons by disguising themselves as mortals, they're mortals ascending into Dragons. We've seen this happen with the Nether Drakonids of the Dragonmaw. Perhaps these are playable races who actually ascend into Dragons as a result of some kind of ritual?

This also makes me wonder exactly how Evoker would fit in to all this. What does an Evoker do? The two leakers contradicted one another, and I don't think either can be trusted in their entirety because I think neither actually has the whole story. Only one has ever given us a very secondhand and distorted account of a trailer I do very much think they saw, whereas another has never indicated any connection to Blizzard before. I have no clue who is leaking these, but I do almost wonder if the two leakers have the same source.

I'm very curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Even if it's not viable for end game? Imagine if we have 10 specs they can be saved. You could have the 2 specs you actually do play with a raid, dungeon, and pvp build and still have a few left for experimentation
    As a serious answer that moves away from raid groups...

Were I Blizzard, especially with DPS classes, I'd take the approach of designing these talents with built in auras that could be adjusted. That is how Blizzard has been addressing DPS issues recently, and if I were to design a new talent system from scratch, I would make it's adjustments be as modular as possible to address any large discrepancies.

Now, if Blizzard actually does this or not? Who knows.

5+ Year Old Account
    Holy dogshit. I go to sleep and everything and their grandmother leaks. I'm technically at work so I'm not allowed to see everything. I saw the original trio of images that line up with what Scaleface said, but also totally contradict it.
    I saw some blurry ass picture that is allegedly from the trailer but most likely from Elden Ring. And the above picture with the red female dracthyr that I assume is a manip of another naked image. I guess?

Can a kind soul fill in the gaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It's chest texture is just pasted from the generic female naga's tail.

Also, why the f*ck is this latest pic wearing pieces of the Blood Elf heritage armor?
    I checked, actually. The texture is just different enough. I'm still suspicious as ever, but the quantity appears to overwhelm any objections I might have. Either the modeler is more persistent and talented than I thought, or this is real. Occam's Razor dictates I was wrong and the model is real.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Evoker? Invoker?

I dont think Envoker is actually a word.
    There are Defias Envokers in the game, so it should be a word.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This is some beautiful looking logo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There are Defias Envokers in the game, so it should be a word.
    It's Defias Evoker.

Envoker isn't a thing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Holy dogshit. I go to sleep and everything and their grandmother leaks. I'm technically at work so I'm not allowed to see everything. I saw the original trio of images that line up with what Scaleface said, but also totally contradict it.
    I saw some blurry ass picture that is allegedly from the trailer but most likely from Elden Ring. And the above picture with the red female dracthyr that I assume is a manip of another naked image. I guess?

It seems like it's not a manipulation. It's a new image and the shadows all line up between the armor and the body. Unless the original creator of the model had an armored version on standby (which is admittedly possible, since it seems to be structured like an NPC model going off the wings and it may have only been naked in the other two because it was a showcase of the model itself as opposed to options), Occam's Razor dictates this is real.

I think what happened is that Scaleface and the other guy are both working off secondhand information. One has already been established to use distorted versions of secondhand information based on his misunderstandings of what was presented and his attempts to piece together sparse information, whereas the other has no history at all with anyone in Blizzard that we know of. I think the reason for the contradictions could be their own, respective readings of the already-distorted information that would be presented by a secondhand source.

15+ Year Old Account
    Made it to the end, and here is mine.
    This thread has been fun, this thread has been fine
    Leaks real or fake, riddles and clips
    Even some (maybe?) green dragon nips
    I thank you all, it has been a blast
    Tomorrow we find out the truth, at last
    I'll leave you with one theory to chew
    Go look up post #47922
    If they mean what I think, and I think they do,
    I'll brag that its been years since I knew.

Happy Announce Day! FOR THE HORDE!
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

I'm at the point where I'm comfortable saying I'm certain the leaks are real today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Envoker isn't a thing.
    The typo was probably on the part of the leaker, in the same way that he said "Drac'thyr" instead of "Drakthyr" like Scaleface said.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankystein View Post
    nonstop leak lol

Scaleface is so one day ago. Frankystein is my new bestie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frankystein View Post
    Do you have the shot at the end with the logo.

Actually, if it turns out Scaleface is legit, who I really didn't believe until today, then I think the name Evoker ties in well with my theory that the new class and race are exclusive to one another. A Dragonsworn would only make sense for humanoids. If a dragon was using dragon powers, they're not a dragonsworn, they're something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Thanks, I hate it.

I really hope this isn't the real logo, but the odds aren't in my favor there I guess...
    Yeah, it looks pretty well executed, but it's far removed from the traditional silhouette. Color scheme seems very close to BfA, and I'm not a fan of the detached title either.

The logo, real or fake, looks pretty good.

If Evoker is real, I'll need to know what spices are best when serving crow, since I'll be eating plenty while I prepare to shill for Tinkers as promised.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The logo looks great, I was at first wondering why it is missing the trademark in the upper right of the Dragonflight text but it seems Blizz is not consistent with these.

TBC, MoP and WoD had a TM in their logo, and Wotlk, Cata and Legion didn't have a TM.

Ok, I guess Blizzard is going to bring a new system similar to artifacts + conduits + essences opening new paths/abilities with each expansion and patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The logo, real or fake, looks pretty good.
    I'm certainly convinced the logo is real, given it does match up perfectly with the leaked printing press image.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Made it to the end, and here is mine.
    This thread has been fun, this thread has been fine
    Leaks real or fake, riddles and clips
    Even some (maybe?) green dragon nips
    I thank you all, it has been a blast
    Tomorrow we find out the truth, at last
    I'll leave you with one theory to chew
    Go look up post #47922
    If they mean what I think, and I think they do,
    I'll brag that its been years since I knew.

Happy Announce Day! FOR THE HORDE!
    The Anduin is really Arthas son?