10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Blizz already said they're open to more dracthyr classes. A drac could just forgo their evoker abilities and still have their latent racial attributes present so they can pursue another class..
    Uh, how could a Dracthyr forgo their ability to fly, shoot flame breath, use their wings as weapons, or hit targets with their tail?

Those are Evoker abilities.

I also wish people wouldn't take what Ion said so literally from a single interview. Expanding the Dracthyr to other classes is a direct contradiction of their design of the race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is exactly what a retcon is.
    No. A retcon is changing lore retroactively. As in if the lore said "He told all the information he had to his son" then it would be a retcon because we now know he didn't. Sure it could be hand waved with an unreliable narrator but that is still close to a retcon because of the intent. Saying that he didn't share all his secrets with someone is not a retcon. It is just new lore using existing lore as a foundation.

Using your logic anything new to the game is a retcon because it wasn't previously mentioned in detail.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What's the problem?

What the Dracthyr are is essentially a playable version of this;
    Are you sure comparing this thick and muscled dragon to the skinny geckos we got

You're saying that you want to take that, and allow it to be a warrior, shaman, etc. instead of allowing it to use its natural abilities like flight, flame breath, scales, tail, Dragonflight magic, etc.
    Like i said, my problem is trying to sell this class as a race, we can clearly see this demon hunter 2.0 with a glorified druid form, what i want is they giving us other visages, so essentially every race can be this class.

]
    All things considered, I'm willing to bet that people are more excited to get a playable version of the dragon aspects, than a Drakonoid race.
    As we can see, there is no consensus and the community is split wide, so you can't say that, at all.

in original article from wowhead about encrypted things they said "Besides the mount and pet, one of the unknown encrypted models shares many animations with the Vulpera Male model, but not much more is known about it."

I wonder what it could be, maybe animations for said pet or AR related.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also wish people wouldn't take what Ion said so literally from a single interview. Expanding the Dracthyr to other classes is a direct contradiction of their design of the race.
    Not really. Dreanei have tails but they aren't a factor in their combat. The only thing Blizzard said was the fantasy of being a dragon is inherent to the evoker class so no other races would work for that class. The Dracthyr could easily work for other classes but they just don't get in-combat abilities that make use of their unique race lore. Which is no different then anyone else.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No. A retcon is changing lore retroactively. As in if the lore said "He told all the information he had to his son" then it would be a retcon because we now know he didn't. Sure it could be hand waved with an unreliable narrator but that is still close to a retcon because of the intent. Saying that he didn't share all his secrets with someone is not a retcon. It is just new lore using existing lore as a foundation.

Using your logic anything new to the game is a retcon because it wasn't previously mentioned in detail.
    My dude, the lore said no one was able to mix the power o the 5 dragonflights, Neltharion/DW was never able to, and only Nefarian succeed it, and even then were failures

Now, this isn't true anymore, in fact, we was not just able to do it, he was able to do it perfectly, straight up a retcon.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-22 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure comparing this thick and muscled dragon to the skinny geckos we got
    Yeah, because Blizzard said that the thick muscled dragon would cause multiple issues during gameplay, so they went with a humanoid-looking dragon instead. I wish they had just gone with a standard dragon form. Maybe then people would understand the overall design of the class better.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is literally against the concept of a Role-playing game, capping your choices
    While I agree there should be other class options capping choices is not at all against the concept of role playing games rather it be D&D dragon age or classic wow All the big role playing games limited race choices at one point or another.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Dreanei have tails but they aren't a factor in their combat. The only thing Blizzard said was the fantasy of being a dragon is inherent to the evoker class so no other races would work for that class. The Dracthyr could easily work for other classes but they just don't get in-combat abilities that make use of their unique race lore. Which is no different then anyone else.
    Draenei didn't have a class exclusively designed for their race that allowed them to use their tails or horns.

Dracthyr are not a retcon. Nothing about previous lore indicated there was no other dragonkin types out there.
    A lot of people call "revealing new information that recontextualizes the past but does not actually contradict established information" a "retcon." I know it's not accurate but people do it so much it would be exhausting to correct them every time.

Draenei didn't have a class specifically designed for their race that allowed them to use their tails or horns.
    That's actually a good point. A Jed'hin class would be something similar for Draenei that is Draenei-only because it is something only Draenei are able to do, with the tail, hooves and crests all being used in wrestling.

However I again disagree with the idea that they can't be other classes in the future because there is no lore locking them into NOT branching out into other classes. Until there is lore for that, it's not impossible. Same as how Draenei are every class but not (only) Jed'hin wrestlers.

I don't think you understand the Dragon form is about two-and-a-half nightborne tall. That's huge. Restricting them to a ranged role was a necessity.

Maybe they'll let them be the other cloth-wearing casters but that's the most they can do.

15+ Year Old Account
    MY dude, the lore said no one was able to mix the power o the 5 dragonflights, Neltharion/DW was never able to, and only Nefarian succeed it, and even then were failures
    Nothing in the lore says a combination was never done in the past. Only that Nefarian created was the first to create a Chromatic Dragonflight. Dractyhyr are not dragons and are not a dragonflight. They are something different created from Primalists and the energy of the flights. So nothing needs to be a retcon for the Dracthyr to exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    While I agree there should be other class options capping choices is not at all against the concept of role playing games rather it be D&D dragon age or classic wow All the big role playing games limited race choices at one point or another.
    Capping those kind of choices is.

And, this is a old concept falling flat those years, D&D is becoming immensely popular and better by giving players more liberty and choices, goblin mage? evil paladin? go for it

Capping those kind of choices is.

And, this is a old concept falling flat those years, D&D is becoming immensely popular and better by giving players more liberty and choices, goblin mage? evil paladin? go for it
    D&D is also not a videogame and involves playing pretend, no shit it has many more choices. Because it's MAKE BELIEVE.

Guess how much money you need to play pretend? 0

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in the lore says a combination was never done in the past. Only that Nefarian created was the first to create a Chromatic Dragonflight. Dractyhyr are not dragons and are not a dragonflight. They are something different created from Primalists and the energy of the flights. So nothing needs to be a retcon for the Dracthyr to exist.
    There was, the lore said no combination was ever done in the past, straight up, and that was the reason why Nefarian so obsessed about it.

and you are the one focus on dragons, nefarian experimented with all sort of things, he even created Cromaggus and one of his experiments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I don't think you understand the Dragon form is about two-and-a-half nightborne tall. That's huge. Restricting them to a ranged role was a necessity.
    Do you have a source for that? Because Nightborne are 7'3". There is no way Blizzard would add a 14'6"+ race to the game when the entire reason they said they didn't add Dragons was because of the impact their size would have during raid fights. It also ignores how the class would have to stack in melee range for some fight encounters. So I'm guessing this is another cause of you making crap up rather then only using actual facts.

A ranged role is not a necessity it was a choice.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-22 at 05:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    D&D is also not a videogame and involves playing pretend, no shit it has many more choices. Because it's MAKE BELIEVE.

Guess how much money you need to play pretend? 0
    Mind i tell you that Baldur's gate is coming up later?

And race/class choices is not absurd and can easily be done, we saw many of options in the game, they are just not available for us for ~~reasons~~

Mind i tell you that Baldur's gate is coming up later?

And race/class choices is not absurd and can easily be done, we saw many of options in the game, they are just not available for us for ~~reasons~~
    You can't even be a goblin in Baldur's Gate (3) for the reason I am implying: because it costs money to develop games and the devs did not see it as worth developing.

If you're playing a board game that is 80% a game of pretend? Go ahead and be a whale shark wizard! That's fine, because it didn't require any money or labor to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    That's actually a good point. A Jed'hin class would be something similar for Draenei that is Draenei-only because it is something only Draenei are able to do, with the tail, hooves and crests all being used in wrestling.

However I again disagree with the idea that they can't be other classes in the future because there is no lore locking them into NOT branching out into other classes. Until there is lore for that, it's not impossible. Same as how Draenei are every class but not (only) Jed'hin wrestlers.
    Well imagine TBC where we're introduced to Dranei and they start at level 58 and can only be Jed'hin for the entire expansion. People think Draenei are cool because of their awesome tail and horn attacks, and start demanding that they want Draenei to be playable in other classes. Later in WotLk Draenei are opened up to other classes, and to people's vast disappointment, their cool horn, tail, and crest abilities are gone, and they're just like every other class. What's worse, Jed'hin becomes a problem because only one race can choose it, so it's just sort of there, or Blizzard starts watering it down so other races can play it.

The better option is to just keep Draenei as Jed'hin if that's how you introduced them.