View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I probably will but not yet. I have no desire ATM to play wow as I'm playing some other games ATM but when I do come back in a month or two I'll probably preorder then. Mostly for the mount and level 60 boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not be pre-ordering it. Someone did it for me! They know I'm a die hard and wanted it so instead of getting me the base edition they got me the epic edition...woot!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Yep. Always have and always will unless something truly bad happens.
    *Points maniaccaly at the last 3 years*

I'm sure bobby is having a good laugh right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-ordering solely for the opportunity to play Dracthyr Evokers during pre-launch. Even if it ends up only being for 2 weeks.

Like a lot a lot here I will probably preorder once we can play Dracthyr. Why would I do that? Just to level the new class/race. Do I think the game is stale and run its course? Yes absolutely, but I play a lot of games and I will get my $/hr of game play. I figure I will pay $105 ($60 + 3 months) and get through the 1st tier and unsub.

Once 2023 comes out we have a few AAA games coming out that I will play like Forza, Diablo etc

Wow doesn’t have to be your life and only game to get your money worth out of it.
    "Peace is a lie"

If anything I would at most pre-order it on amazon or something like that. I certainly won't be giving them any money directly this time. It might be the first time I don't even buy anything other than the base game tbh and frankly, I'm tempted to not even get the game for the first half year to a year if the beta shows it to be another Blizzard-style perpetual shit show like the last 2. Maybe the game would be at least playable by then. It stings a bit that my CE run will be interrupted now, but frankly I don't even care about their new art enough to get it for the art book. Those stupid pins and bargain bin cosmetics certainly won't make the CE worth it for me on top of risen prices..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Pre ordering done! Just got the base edition. The pet is cute, but i'm not spending more for the extras, even if they are pretty good.

Nothing in the preorder I want, so I'll just wait until we're closer to release. I got other things to spend on, in the meantime. Maybe in the pre-patch, when Evoker becomes available to play, since I'll actually have a reason to then.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what we know so far, no. I don'r care about raids/M+. Same for talents. Once I pick them they are unchanged for the whole expansion. Professions, meh. I am waiting to see how the world content will look.

I'm not pre-ordering

Aren't there all kinds of complications if you pre-order then want a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    I'm not pre-ordering

Aren't there all kinds of complications if you pre-order then want a refund?
    In the states I've never had much of a problem with any (mainstream) digital storefront. You do a ticket requesting a refund, they refund usually within a day.

I think the troubles happen when people try to refund multiple things in a year. Not that people shouldn't, mind you, that's just when the corportations get testy.

Nah just waiting for WOTLK. Also they raised the price by $10 so fuck that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Nah just waiting for WOTLK. Also they raised the price by $10 so fuck that shit.
    10 bucks is 83 extra cents a month spread through a year....wtf is Blizzard thinking? /s

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    10 bucks is 83 extra cents a month spread through a year....wtf is Blizzard thinking? /s
    Nah it fucking sucks. Not a fan of the $10 increase across the board on video games these days especially considering how much they're all making on the backend through subs/battle passes/microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post

Are they asking to crowd fund DF?
    Well they are asking you to have a active sub to beta test wrath so yes this also makes sense

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the 2022 date... does that mean the full expansion has to be out by then, or could that mean that we get pre-patch in 2022 and then level in 2023?

For now, no. But if they reveal more information that I approve of and see as a positive, then I might. So for poll: 'I don't know.'

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the 2022 date... does that mean the full expansion has to be out by then, or could that mean that we get pre-patch in 2022 and then level in 2023?
    That means expansion release, not pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Wait, Shadowlands not included? Don't they usually include all prior expansions in the new expansions pre-order so that you can actually play it? If they don't include it at any point. I won't be pre-ordering. Didn't play shadowlands due to being busy and hating the story. This would ensure I don't come back since I was kind of counting on them doing the usual bundle of all prior expansions that they typically do.
    That will happen at pre-patch launch like all other expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    thanks for the info, i don't see a 148 geared player being DF ready especially since blizzard has said...no squish going into DF
    Heirlooms at level 60 are currently iLvL 146. 148 is DF ready.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say that it would be the same deal as Demon Hunters. you get them in the pre-patch instead of the expansion itself. that being said yeah it would be nice for them to confirm that
    Ion literally said during the announcement that Evokers would come pre-patch. You already have official confirmation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    One can safely assume the meaning is "Its sad that you have no standards and will give up your money to a company that has done so very very little to earn it recently and encourage them to do a piss-poor job on this new xpac because they know they don't actually have to perform to earn."

Or something like that.
    Which is a bunch of words used to cover up what they are really saying which is "The refuse to cater the game solely to what I want, so anyone who disagrees with me is bad".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Its sad because that preference leads to a worse game for them and everyone else, if you pay for something before you can even see the entire product or demo it or whatever then the company has less of an incentive to make something as good as it can be, even if you're going to play it 100% it doesn't matter the company doesn't give a flying f**k about you or anyone else just their profit, by preordering you are essentially making it so that the quality of the game doesn't affect if they get their money or not, and if they get their money either way why exactly would they go for the option where they have to actually do something to earn it?
    If you really want to preorder, at least do it close to release so they have to actually work for it.
    This is nonsense. The game developers absolutely do not care how many people pre-order and give the same effort regardless of how many do. Your claims are baseless.

Legally it means nothing, regardless of what the anti blizzard crowd screeched. It's pretty much just a placeholder date.

5+ Year Old Account
    No I don't pre-order because I can just buy it on release day after I'm sure it's good.

That logic worked out great with Shadowlands, kek.