Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    New class is the most exciting thing. Talents? Meh, will end up just like every other talent system. It will be fun at first discovering it, but it's shortlived.
    I understand that many people visit Icy Veins and simply copy the math that leads to the "best" result for their class. This must be important in PVE. But in PVP (which is where I really enjoy it) I've never copied anything from Icy Veins. I put together my own talent build and I have a lot of fun with it even though it's not the mathematically ideal build. And in DragonFlight it seems to me that the possibility of me creating an even more complex build (and that matches my style of fun) will be greater.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Dark Ranger is just a skin, get over it.
    It's not my plan to create here another one of the 1000 threats about Dark Ranger that we already have on the forum but... Dark Ranger is not just a skin. Saying this is the same as saying that Death Knight is just a Warrior skin. The DR skills are completely different from the 3 Hunter specs we have now. I think the best demonstration of this we see in the fight against Sylvannas in Sanctum of Domination and also in this short video of HOTS. No Dark Ranger skills (Sylvan's class) look like what Hunters have. The only similarity is the use of a bow. And only.

Yes, i think it's lackluster and it's by design, to catch up to the delays covid had on production.

With that said... it doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad, because the fundamentals are what matters. It would be nice to have more features, but in the end what matters is if the gameplay and reward loop is satisfying, and the problem is it hasn't been for years.
    But yeah... we're not even getting new abilities. It's pretty excessive to even call this an expansion. Feels like a large patch.

It would be great to see Tinkers and housing, but it's not happening for this one. Hopefully this means the one after can have more features.
    I wish i had hope for those 2 highly requested features, but i have been disappointed too many times. I don't think the dev team cares about what fans want. They have a plan set out and they do what they want. It's been that way for along time. They go at their own tune and when they do give something the community wants, such as the "high seas expansion", they turn it into what we saw with BfA. Zero faith on this dev team.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-06-28 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree. Seeing the example of the new tree of DKs that we have already been shown, I believe that every class will have many more options now and this is very cool.

Everything else, if possible, I won't even touch. Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for and new classes that came out of nowhere. Even cinematic was pretty weak compared to all the others.

The other expansions (at the same time Dragonflight is now) gave us much fatter previews. I'm hoping for something to appear on the horizon that will please a greater number of players in general.

And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

- The Tinker class.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).

Not all of the above wishes are mine. These are what I remember at the moment. There's so much more.

And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    Honestly just getting back to Azeroth is a pretty big point after SL.

Personally i am really quite hyped for the dragonriding, it seems like they're making something that flying should have been from the start (just look at the flying announcement vids from back in tbc, you'll see it was meant to be much more interactive).

The lizard and lizardclass don't really excite me at all, the new locale sounds nice though. And though the cinematic did not hype me it did move me, and as such inspires a little flicker of hope to see some nice stories again. The elemental dragons and titanic stuff also often works for me.

And after how poorly they handled craftable legendaries and Torghast i am rather happy to see them tone down the gimmicky stuff, sometimes less really is more. Though given how good i.e. visions were in BfA's last patch i would not mind further attempts at solo content, on thr premise that they don't treat them so gimpy. Just make it award gear and stop coddling raiders so much.

Also that they're moving to less gimpy pvp with soloqueue sounds great to me as well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

the talents look awful for druids, especially the general tree.
    less hybrid classes might find more use out of the new talent system.

visually the new race looks awful, like a cheap costume.
    the new class is kinda limited, ranged dps and healer will get boring quickly... not even a 2nd dps spec for variety.

nothing else is known about the expansion yet it releases in 6 months.
    overall might be the most rushed expansion in wow history, perhaps a second "war3 reforged" incident incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    Was excited at announcement but the silence and lack of new info has ruined the hype for me now.

I expect a cut-down expansion, which releases before any player feedback from alpha/beta has had its chance to come through.
    You know, I kind of don't like the whole idea of Alpha/Beta, testing TBH. Games like FFXIV do internal testing. They take feedback later on for abilities and such, but the overall theme and features of the expansion aren't up for debate. That said. Blizzard should take into consideration feedback BEFORE implementing new features and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just want a less grindy game that you can play in your own pace without FOMO or falling behind.
    Now this i would sign up for as well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    - Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).
    whats that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    They have fallen a long way since Legion. This is not even an expansion, its more of a patch.

Outside of a new class and new zones / raids.

Dragonriding? lame AF
    New talent system = Just old system brought back.
    Profession updates = should of been done a LONG TIME AGO. profession have been mostly horrible for several years.
    Lack of new dungeons have them rotating M+ with old dungeons.

Gonna be a shit show!
    There’s 8 dragonflight dungeons at launch.

Today on "Blizzard* doesn't listen** to Feedback***"

*They obviously exclusively look at MMO Champion
    ** Asked me personally on how to fix the game
    ***My personal feedback that is obviously everyone else's ideas cause me and my friend**** agree
    **** friend meaning myself but a different account

the new race/class ruined it for me tbh.... so much wasted development resources.....
    also, full price for an expansion with a sub fee?

5+ Year Old Account
    Without my favorite characters being Anduin+Sylvanas, i don't know who gonna tell us story and about what.... no catchy enough for me.
    I hoped for Dragonsworn or Dragonmen.. hell even some kind Dragon Knights would do, but nope there these ugly Dracthyr asspull Evokers, sad.
    If they atleast added Quilboar's and Centaur's as playable races, but there nothing, just silence.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Funny enough, in contrast to almost every opinion I read on Reddit & Co., I thought the trailer was great. Unfortunately, the expansion looks bland and boring and doesn't live up to the hype that was generated during the trailer.

This expansion is outright boring. Not only the setting, but the features as well. Or better said, the lack thereof.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    They have fallen a long way since Legion. This is not even an expansion, its more of a patch.

Outside of a new class and new zones / raids.

Dragonriding? lame AF
    New talent system = Just old system brought back.
    Profession updates = should of been done a LONG TIME AGO. profession have been mostly horrible for several years.
    Lack of new dungeons have them rotating M+ with old dungeons.

Gonna be a shit show!
    How to spot someone who never tried the old system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Besides from it seem to be coming to fast i think this will be the best xpac in years.
    I think they realise what they were doing is wrong and make it fun again.
    Also i love the clean state of Dragons compared to crazy Shadowlands fantasy.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

There hasn't been a good WoW expansion since Legion, so I dunno what folk are expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I always wonder about this. Is it so difficult to just refuse to watch any spoilers for a game you might be excited for? .
    Yes, when alot of the content creators you follow and media you consume generally is about your game. You'll end up super spoiled. If not by them, then your friends or even random people in the game.

In todays world it's honestly a challenge to even stay unspoiled for last weeks new episode of that series you like, you would literally have to cut off connection to humanity untill the game launched, to avoid spoilers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It got talent trees, no borrowed power, back to basics and the four zones are Grizzly Hills.

This is like the WoW Forum Poster Dream.

Yes, an absolute bore, but y'all kept asking to go back to this imaginary beginning of Warcraft where we fight kobolds and ride horses in green forest so there it is. Handle it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I think DF looks like exactly the expansion WoW needs right now. No borrowed power grinds, a seemingly manageable story based on Azeroth that doesn't steamroll previous lore, a new class to change up gameplay, a new race to add to the story, early current zone flight, and a return to a popular fantasy trope: dragons. It may not look as exciting or flashy as some past expansions, but Shadowlands looked flashy & you can see where that wound up. I'd rather just have an expansion that gives more of the bread & butter of WoW while letting us explore & be unknown adventurers more & DF looks to provide exactly that.

Thematically I think it's neat. With the players joining "scientific" expeditions into a vast undiscovered wilderness. I also really don't mind low stakes "calm" expansion packs especially after the the literally creation wide stakes of Shadowlands.

BUT until we see gameplay nothing is certain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Today on "Blizzard* doesn't listen** to Feedback***"

*They obviously exclusively look at MMO Champion
    ** Asked me personally on how to fix the game
    ***My personal feedback that is obviously everyone else's ideas cause me and my friend**** agree
    **** friend meaning myself but a different account

And this sums up OP's reasoning for this thread.