Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supermany2 View Post
    Wait. That Game is still running? Does anyone even play it anymore?
    No, i think only like 10 people are playing it currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yeah, a real shame.

Hell, I woulda been fine if this game at the very least had Mod support, since it is built on the SC2 Engine. I woulda loved having a crack at adding new Heroes that they never got around making.
    Oh mod support would be so cool!

With HotS and SC2 being put on ice, Blizzard no longer counts any actual good games among their roster.

Maintenance mode activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    With HotS and SC2 being put on ice, Blizzard no longer counts any actual good games among their roster.
    WoW and OW are good games

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP HotS. I enjoyed your iterations of famous Blizzard characters.

All they had to do was to do the normal DotA map, iduvidual XP and items.

Thanks for making a game that is not worthy of being called a MOBA.

So mad at the guy that decided when they moved from "Blizzard DotA" on SC2 to their own game to not do those things.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2022-07-08 at 08:31 PM.

they cant delete the game until they add tirion

"Moving forward we will support Heroes in a manner similar to our other longstanding games, StarCraft and StarCraft II."

So, not at all.

If this game had the same mechanics that League (most popular PC videogame) has, so last hitting, items, designated lanes, individual levels, it would have been more popular. It wouldn't feel so alien to many League players (who were the target audience, as the most popular MOBA ever). As it turns out, the iconic Blizzard characters were not enough to carry this casual game.

I don't know why Blizzard thought removing player agency that is pivotal to the MOBA genre was a good idea.

Not a big shock. It's really, really too bad that this is how HotS ended. It had the potential to be the crossover MOBA party game, but in Blizzard's vast ineptitude they somehow let Smite slowly steal that moniker away from them.

HotS would be an almost perfect MOBA if they could just rebalance the game and cull back the CC/Mobility creep. As it is, the game is barely playable in a serious competitive fashion, which is a big reason why it very quickly died. Who the fuck wants the amount of CC spam of DotA but with almost no counter to it, lol?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If this game had the same mechanics that League (most popular PC videogame) has, so last hitting, items, designated lanes, individual levels, it would have been more popular. It wouldn't feel so alien to many League players (who were the target audience, as the most popular MOBA ever). As it turns out, the iconic Blizzard characters were not enough to carry this casual game.

I don't know why Blizzard thought removing player agency that is pivotal to the MOBA genre was a good idea.
    Yeah dude they should have 1:1 copied League oh my god you are brilliant why doesn't Blizzard hire you for a 7-digit salary and give you personal bangmaids to live with in your 5 story Cabana mansion house on the moon???

I mean, look at all the dozens/hundreds of shit League/DotA-clone MOBAs were utterly dead on arrival, it's the best idea evarz.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdogmyass99 View Post
    Yeah dude they should have 1:1 copied League oh my god you are brilliant why doesn't Blizzard hire you for a 7-digit salary and give you personal bangmaids to live with in your 5 story Cabana mansion house on the moon???
    Probably because I don't want to work in this industry and I am not studying for a degree in this field.

I mean, look at all the dozens/hundreds of shit League/DotA-clone MOBAs were utterly dead on arrival, it's the best idea evarz.
    And how many of them had playable videogame icons like the Lich King, Kerrigan, and Diablo?

If it had any of those specific things from league I would not be playing it.

GG

Curiously, many friends from Dota migrated to Hots and they started to enjoy it. One asked when Blizzard releases new heroes? hahah, and I answered NEVER! Well, now it is true!

Quote Originally Posted by supermany2 View Post
    Wait. That Game is still running? Does anyone even play it anymore?
    Amateur scene is still going strong. We'll see how steep the player drop will be after this announcement of course, but the game has very much been alive over the past 3½ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If it had any of those specific things from league I would not be playing it.
    That you still play it is admirable frankly. I won't say anything more.

I dropped it for League last year and, I have to admit, I do enjoy how League actually receives updates, new things, and major developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    No, i think only like 10 people are playing it currently.
    Current Heroes Lounge season (EU Season 18) had 854 players sign up. And we're only a small part of the EU playerbase. Game has been very much alive up until today.

Probably because I don't want to work in this industry and I am not studying for a degree in this field.
    It shows.

And how many of them had playable videogame icons like the Lich King, Kerrigan, and Diablo?
    Infinite Crisis was a League clone MOBA with DC superhero characters, who are arguably far bigger media franchises than any Blizzard game. It died pathetically quickly. There were tons of MOBAs that generated a lot of hype by being "all skill shots", "hyper competitive", etc, they all died. Heroes of Newerth's whole angle was it was essentially a remaking of DotA and yet it never got very far (before the release of an actual DotA 2 sealed its fate more or less). SMITE, the "I'm still here, guys" MOBA did something radically different and yet it somehow, magically, found a niche to survive in.

So no, I don't think "Copy league BUT WITH ARTHAS1111" is a great strategy. The genre was very saturated by the time HotS was even announced, and no one is really going to swap competitive-based games just to play different cartoon characters. HotS' failure is for a lot of different reasons, and "It wasn't enough like League of Legends" was not one of them.

Stop posting.

3+ Year Old Account

I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with this premise. HotS's biggest misstep was releasing at a time where the MOBA genre was already well-established. LoL released in 2009, and DotA 2 had released in 2013, whereas HotS didn't become a thing until 2015. As such, even if it was a blatant LoL reskin, I don't think it would have done terribly well for itself. Given how late to the party Blizzard was, I think they played things about as well as they reasonably could have.