Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Call me when [this silly flying gimmick] can take me from Thunder Bluff to Silvermoon. Oh, wait. they can't. Because [this silly flying gimmick] can only quickly travel on lame'o old content that I afk travel by anyways. So if I want to go to major cities, [this gimmick] is useless.
    I fixed it.
    Now portals are way more useful than this silly racial. Certainly deserving of a nerf.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2022-08-01 at 04:39 AM.

I want a reason to want to stop and do content not for my ability to travel to be crippled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's mentioned before but if some 5min CD racial is "OP" in outdated content or even in current content, it should not matter. We afterall already have things like Druid flyform and travelform. And if we are talking about racials, why most alliance players are playing humans? HMMMMMMMMMMM........ Maybe because of how OP their racial has been forever. Why most high end and midfield PvE players roll Orcs? Because of their racial. And those racials affect the current content ALOT. They affect the current main things in the game. Not some random 5min CD flying that everyone can do in the current content.

I personally don't care how fast some furry can fly around in the old content. Just change all mounts to work more realistically and I am happy, ofc that won't happen since people want to avoid all content and just whine about useless shit in forums while sitting on their mount high up in the sky waiting in queue to dungeon or afking in LFR.

We are never gonna get cool and fun to use mounts like in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that its beta so everything in beta is expected to be clipped or nerfed or improved over time. It's like being angry at a piece of art before its painted and finished and all you did was create a canvas.

But with that said, the soar and flying stuff the Draktyr had was something I would constantly see people having fun with. I think as feedback Blizzard need to see people are having fun with something and decide to work on that, not remove or nerf it. Its like showing a baby a shiny new toy they are super happy with and its mostly cause it is shiny, and then taking it away from them and giving them the same thing but the shine isn't there, then the baby cries while you look on not understanding, while ignoring why the baby liked it.

Yes I know I used a baby to describe the WoW community but you get the point. But the point being pay attention to the enjoyment and the happiness people are having with something, Blizzard :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

1+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again. Like.. seriously.. who asked?? Fun detected,.. etc. Soar should have no CD and should have been full version of regular DRAGONflying. .. duh .. I'm a DRAGON. There have been enough arguments about other classes having advantages too, but where the fuck was Blizzard when a Worgen (or Druid) was free to use Running Wild in The Maw? That wasn't an advantage over the other RACES? .. and in the current content?

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It’s just entirely unnecessary - the speed was what it was because that’s the speed dragon riding goes to; it made sense for it to match it.

Is the change the end of the world? No. But if it’s such an unfair advantage and the tech is there, why can’t we just get dragon riding in the old world instead?
    Exactly; part of the fun was it that as a dragon you had the same ability to soar into the sky like a normal dragon with the same speed but without the same endurance. The nerf does not affect anyone and future content they could still add the nerf; it's just an entire unnecessary change FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING IT. And that is the same issue i have with blizzard even before: changing stuff for the sake of changing it or some really idiotic reasoning (because it could be an issue in the future; then CHANGE IT WHEN IT MATTERS!!!) They could always change it in an expansion after dragonflight, nerfing soar in specifically the new zones, because there it actually would matter.

But again and again and again; it's not about this change, again, i play priest or sometimes paladin and as far as i saw it, i don't want to heal with an evoker at all, and it does not affect me except the one time i might play the starting zone experience for the lore, but this is not the issue.

This thread is only partially about Evoker, but it shows a symptom of blizzard doing absolute unnecessary stuff for the sake of changing it; and that is actually the issue: nerfing the fun out of stuff for the sake of "balancing" it, when an balancing is not necessary. It's the same when they removed eye of the beast, it's the same when they added azerite armor, it's the same shit they always to, and that is why i'm actually angry; Evoker getting nerfed is an symptome that shows that blizzard didn't learned a single thing from the failure that was both BfA and SL. I agree that they improved, but this change alone shows that blizzard is still not understanding it that nerfing the fun out of stuff because it can be an issue in the future is unnecessary and a bad thing. Let people have their fun this expansion and if it is necessary, nerf it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Let people have their fun this expansion and if it is necessary, nerf it later.
    This thread shows that dorks can't handle something being nerfed even when they literally do not actually have the thing, have never had it, and are only reading about it. What makes you think people are going to handle a nerf later any better? It would just be even worse because it would be a change to something people already have instead of a change to a system that is just theoretical to most players.

Which of these sounds like the bigger shitshow?:
    -Most players don't even know there was a nerf, play Dracthyr, only ever experience the lower top speed, have fun with it.
    -Players play Dracthyr, experience the high speed, have fun with that, then every single person who has ever played Dracthyr is hit with a nerf and suddenly moves as if they are 30% slower at top speed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have never been good at balancing anything and I also would have liked to try the flying before and after nerf to see how it feels. But more speed is always more fun, that much is certain.

So rip some fun I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This thread shows that dorks can't handle something being nerfed even when they literally do not actually have the thing, have never had it, and are only reading about it. What makes you think people are going to handle a nerf later any better? It would just be even worse because it would be a change to something people already have instead of a change to a system that is just theoretical to most players.

Which of these sounds like the bigger shitshow?:
    -Most players don't even know there was a nerf, play Dracthyr, only ever experience the lower top speed, have fun with it.
    -Players play Dracthyr, experience the high speed, have fun with that, then every single person who has ever played Dracthyr is hit with a nerf and suddenly moves as if they are 30% slower at top speed.
    Well this is the problem, we do have it, the problem relies in if we should even have alpha tested for us to warrant if we should or should not have it to test in the first place :P

If we don't see it or know about it and have it change, no one will care. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    from the Game in the first place.

First: this will probably never affect me; if i play dragonflight (and right now I'm not so sure anymore), i play them probably only for the starting zone, so you might say, why do you care. But i actually do, because blizzard shows again and again that they don't listen to the community and want trying to talk crap about balance, mechanics and comparsion to normal flying with soar.

The bullshit about chromie time quest: Dear blizzard, DRAKTHYR START AT LEVEL 55, SO THERE IS NO CHROMIE TIME FOR THEM. So why the f*** should we balance for unnecessary things like this: because in the next xpack you will nerf the level of them back to 10, because you are afraid of FUTURE USE OF IT? Honestly: DON'T BALANCE THINGS AROUND WHAT MIGHT BE BAD IN THE FUTURE. This is something blizzard does again and again: balancing things for the future when we aren't even there yet, and nerfing stuff that are fun and for the core gameplay absolutely NON ESSENTIAL just because you need to balance things around this.

Honestly: NOBODY CARES IF ONE CLASS HAS A COOLDOWN THAT MAKES LEVELING EASIER. And nope, if somebody tells me that for him it matters is simply lying; because then he also wouldn't be allowed to use heirloom-gear now or back in the days when it still gave exp. And if he really didn't (and that's very doubtful), then blizzard is again BALANCING FOR THE 0,1% OF PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THE 99%.

So instead of simply stopping making things unfun because it might be bad in the future, fix it when it matters, in the future. Do you don't want to continue dragonriding in the future in newer zones: nerf SOAR just in the new zones, but NOT RIGHT NOW.

Sadly this last post showed me that blizzard didn't change a single bit. They are still the same old bunch that nerfs fun out of the game just for the kick of it. And does tell us the same bullshit they did when they nerfed Torghast and so on. And when you stop listening to the community because 1-2 are complaining that they are too good, then we end up with azerite gear or other stuff that really went well.

And again: if i play wow, i probably play my priest as my main, but right now i'm afraid, this will not be the last round of: we need to change stuff for the sake of nerfing fun in the game, and blizzard almost always f***s it up. It's a bad decision, and you will see, no matter how many are complaining, blizzard will keep their stance until it is far too late because they are too headstrong to change their false opinion about it.

So sorry for my rant, but i'm both mentally and literally tired.
    This is nothing more than you massively projecting your opinoins onto the entire palyer base because you are mad they nerfed something while making baseless accusations and claiming falsehoods. You zre free to not like seomthing. But that in no way means they aer trying to make the player base mad, making things un-fun, or anything else you accuse them of.

nevermind ...
    Last edited by ayrton2388; 2022-08-01 at 02:26 PM.

Why are there so many threads about this change, but no one is bringing up how the first new ranged DPS class has a 25 yard range?
    Not to mention how at times boss mechanics make it difficult to heal a raid with even a 40 yard range?

I am sorry you think Blizzard doesn't listen to you, but also maybe there are more important points to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well this is the problem, we do have it, the problem relies in if we should even have alpha tested for us to warrant if we should or should not have it to test in the first place :P

If we don't see it or know about it and have it change, no one will care. :P
    In your limitless wisdom, how the actual fuck should Blizzard ever balance anything? Is Blizzard contractually obligated to only ever release the first version of something they're testing in a version of the game specifically designed to be a testing ground? This entire outrage is based on this absolutely absurd notion that flight speed is somehow synonymous with fun and that the only reason Blizzard is changing it is because of resentment for the playerbase. The cruel irony here is that the entire fucking reason Blizzard is even bothering to provide reasoning for this change is because one of the biggest complaints players have is that Blizzard "doesn't communicate." It's a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation. Personally, if I were Blizzard I'd make a Blue post pointing out this entire fucking community is full of grown ass adults with the social skills of petulant children who deserve literally fucking nothing but I guess that's why I don't run a billion dollar gaming company. /shrug

I think their reasoning for the change is a tad bit silly if you are moving at max soar speed your not going to stop for a pet battle or farming node since its a 5min cooldown that starts when you land. and if you use it in a instance you'll just hit the invisible walls or floor so you'd get like a blink or do of distance max.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I don't know where you're pulling 410 from, epic flying is 280%
    well first of all its 310%, and its 310% INCREASE to your 100% movement speed 100+310=410
    those 930/640 numbers include the 100% too, its literaly in the bluepost if you read past first sentance...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    In your limitless wisdom, how the actual fuck should Blizzard ever balance anything? Is Blizzard contractually obligated to only ever release the first version of something they're testing in a version of the game specifically designed to be a testing ground? This entire outrage is based on this absolutely absurd notion that flight speed is somehow synonymous with fun and that the only reason Blizzard is changing it is because of resentment for the playerbase. The cruel irony here is that the entire fucking reason Blizzard is even bothering to provide reasoning for this change is because one of the biggest complaints players have is that Blizzard "doesn't communicate." It's a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation. Personally, if I were Blizzard I'd make a Blue post pointing out this entire fucking community is full of grown ass adults with the social skills of petulant children who deserve literally fucking nothing but I guess that's why I don't run a billion dollar gaming company. /shrug
    Well ain't you a barrel of sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well ain't you a barrel of sunshine.
    Care to address any of the questions I asked? Or were you just hoping for empty platitudes from people who agree with your super unique opinion that number go down bad?

This feature looked far too fun, better nerf the absolute shit out of it until the funs dead. Gotta keep balance above all else fellas. Can’t be playing a game that focuses on fun first.

- - - Updated - - -

Care to address any of the questions I asked? Or were you just hoping for empty platitudes from people who agree with your super unique opinion that number go down bad?
    To be fair, your questions were fairly dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I would love some empty platitudes. Some ground worship and statue in my honour and bring back the knight logo on the front of the MMO-champions site and replace it with my face... That would be swell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Why are there so many threads about this change, but no one is bringing up how the first new ranged DPS class has a 25 yard range?
    Not to mention how at times boss mechanics make it difficult to heal a raid with even a 40 yard range?
    It's a midrange class that relies on positioning and literal cleave heals.
    Shorter range abilities are intended.

I am sorry you think Blizzard doesn't listen to you, but also maybe there are more important points to make?
    Nobody is stopping you from opening a thread about this yourself.

Formerly known as Arafal