Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by storn206 View Post
    3rd thread about this topic. Let it go. Dungeon finder is gone and its for the best.
    I disagree that it's "for the best," but I also don't think it's THAT big of a deal. The game will be fine. I would prefer it be in, personally, because it did make finding groups easier/ less work and IMO didn't affect the community feel of the game back then. I'll still play regardless.

This doom and gloom is a little ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Since Classic uses the old school isolated server model, the population statistics drawn from addons is a reasonable estimate, and those can be seen at ironforge.

Also, there are official numbers on EQ1 (which does receive updates regardless of what you say) and it gets 82,000 monthly users.
    https://massivelyop.com/2020/12/02/e...thanks-to-eg7/

Third time: What is the 15 year old game with no updates that you think is successful?
    A: the Project 1999 one only goes to Velious it's not the regular EQ so no it's not getting patches. (its a classic version)
    B: Even Classic BC and standard got changed (#no change went out the windows remember) so really the no patches is kinda a BS argument plus they are releasing its own patches Sunwell etc etc (so to do that you have to sub or resub to get that content).
    C: looks like there are RuneScape servers that blow classic wow away in population and active players. https://mmo-population.com/r/runescape

3rd or 4th time you keep asking, just because you don't like the answer does not change reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    if you're looking at if from the side of LK patch 3.3.5 how it was when it came out, ya it's removed.
    looking at Blizzard remake of what they think LK should be then no.
    WoW has two versions. One had a random dungeon finder and still has it. The other never did.

yea bro its gone. IT will get added in when the server pop drops and realms become dead. For now its gone. Sucks dick though. I really would have played if i could spam tank/heal dungeons for gear and badges. Being able to get my 2set in a day is super nice for mains and alts. Player base is dumb af and thinks it ruins social skills or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    In 2008 Wrath also did not have dungeon finder when it arrived.

In fact dungeon finder didn't exist until the very end of Wrath over a year in.

I can see an argument for it being there in the Icecrown Patch but not before.
    iirc, when WotLK was at its most popular phase, the dungeon finder was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    WoW has two versions. One had a random dungeon finder and still has it. The other never did.
    LK did have it though, and if you're just coming back and played, LK when it first came out and played it, it's not unreasonable for someone to expect it, and seems reasonable to say they are "removing" RDF from this version.

(if it's not going to be LK it's kinda false advertisement to call it Classic LK, maybe remaster LK or some other name (our new oddball version of it or etc etc but not truly Lich king, *how do you think it would have gone over with the new coke classic coke thing if they released classic coke but with an different recipe).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 03:34 PM.

They're catering the classic servers to the no lifes that never really became anything in life after 15 years and so have nothing better to do than try to rally their other jobless friends to get 100s of hours of satisfaction over how they're the best at a 15 year old game. SoM also doubled down on this mentality. Expecting them to cater in any way, shape or form to a more casual crowd is just not realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    iirc, when WotLK was at its most popular phase, the dungeon finder was in.
    it also was not a dungeon or content, it was a game feature and we are getting the balance and features of patch 3.3.5 (RDF was in at 3.3.0)

I just wanna hop in tank an dung and leave. They add a whole extra half hour just trying to find a group if you don’t have regulars. Kinda lame.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

A: the Project 1999 one only goes to Velious it's not the regular EQ so no it's not getting patches. (its a classic version)
    You didn't provide the Project 99 numbers

B: Even Classic BC and standard got changed (#no change went out the windows remember) so really the no patches is kinda a BS argument plus they are releasing its own patches Sunwell etc etc (so to do that you have to sub or resub to get that content).
    It's not new content. Stop trying to squirm out of what you said.

C: looks like there are RuneScape servers that blow classic wow away in population and active players. https://mmo-population.com/r/runescape

3rd or 4th time you keep asking, just because you don't like the answer does not change reality.
    Runescape, including OSR, gets updates. These are live games, not just old versions of games.

And again, mmo-population is not a reliable source. They speculate based on things like google trends.

I have to keep asking because you don't provide answers. You just keep insisting you are right.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

You didn't provide the Project 99 numbers

It's not new content. Stop trying to squirm out of what you said.

Runescape, including OSR, gets updates. These are live games, not just old versions of games.

And again, mmo-population is not a reliable source. They speculate based on things like google trends.

I have to keep asking because you don't provide answers. You just keep insisting you are right.

A: you have a better source other than you don't like it....
    B: most are just getting fixes not content. (server fixes etc),

you going back to I blank out what you don't want to see, and I don't like your sources.

what is your source for WOW classic active players I've yet to see over 34000 listed.

well ya I do because I am right. going from 11 million to under 500000 is not impressive age or not , and how many of those MMO' had as many as WOW did at it's peak.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 04:22 PM.

sorry I bolded for you so you can read this time maybe.

A: you have a better source other than you don't like it....
    1. This is how their own website describes their data: "Of course the data is not extremely accurate, or in many cases, accurate at all."

2. If mmo-population is so great, lets see what they say about World of Warcraft Classic:

https://mmo-population.com/r/classicwow
    Daily Players: 497,688

So that is about 22 times as many players as they say Everquest 1999 has.

B: most are just getting fixes not content. (server fixes etc).

you going back to I blank out what you don't want to see, and I don't like your sources.

well ya I do because I am right.
    Tell me the 15+ year old game that doesn't get new content whose active player numbers impress you.
    -ynnady

1. This is how their own website describes their data: "Of course the data is not extremely accurate, or in many cases, accurate at all."

2. If mmo-population is so great, lets see what they say about World of Warcraft Classic:

https://mmo-population.com/r/classicwow
    Daily Players: 497,688

So that is about 22 times as many players as they say Everquest 1999 has.

Tell me the 15+ year old game that doesn't get new content whose active player numbers impress you.
    BC at peak 11 million now BC under 500000, EQ at peak *wiki
    By the end of 2004 the title's lifetime sales exceeded 3 million copies worldwide and reached an active subscriber peak of 550,000
    *and Classic is already paid for if you play retail so it a easy draw to grab extras there.
    ya not impressed fairly poor showing on WOW's part. (impressive for EQ considering who had computers back then and some were still on dial up (I was when I first started).

nothing short of 2million would impress (seeing how subbing for retail lets you play, it's kinda sad.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 04:35 PM.

As someone who played WOTLK when it was current content, the decision is more about recreating the experience during the expansion's lifetime.

It's consistent that RDF isn't available before the ICC Patch, and then available afterwards. It's off the rails if RDF is flat out not available at any point. It would undermine the 'Classic' moniker if RDF is never available, since RDF was released.

But then again, the whole point of the Classic crowd is about catering to expectations and beliefs.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

BC at peak 11 million now BC under 500000, EQ at peak *wiki
    By the end of 2004 the title's lifetime sales exceeded 3 million copies worldwide and reached an active subscriber peak of 550,000
    *and Classic is already paid for if you play retail so it a easy draw to grab extras there.
    ya not impressed fairly poor showing on WOW's part. (impressive for EQ considering who had computers back then and some were still on dial up (I was when I first started).
    Oh, you don't want to talk about mmo-population anymore? What happened to your amazing source?

Tell me the 15+ year old game that doesn't get new content whose active player numbers impress you, and please stop embarrassing yourself by saying that a game with 22 times fewer players than WoW Classic according to YOUR SOURCE is so impressive.
    -ynnady

Oh, you don't want to talk about mmo-population anymore? What happened to your amazing source?

Tell me the 15+ year old game that doesn't get new content whose active player numbers impress you, and please stop embarrassing yourself by saying that a game with 22 times fewer players than WoW Classic according to YOUR SOURCE is so impressive.
    A: you don't seem to like and wave it off.
    B: I showed several old game with no real content updates even Anarchy Online (2001) still exist and has players and no new patches either (500000 no but they never had 11 million so you have to take in account how many played it the first time around sure you will hand wave that off too.)

fact you can't take into account the original population on any these games means the only thing that would make you happy as a answer is a old game that has more players than it had when it was new.

11Mill to under 500000 is not impressive.

A: you don't seem to like and wave it off.
    B: I showed several old game with no real content updates even Anarchy Online (2001) still exist and has players and no new patches either (500000 no but they never had 11 million so you have to take in account how many played it the first time around sure you will hand wave that off too.)

fact you can't take into account the original population on any these games means the only thing that would make you happy as a answer is a old game that has more players than it had when it was new.

11Mill to under 500000 is not impressive.
    Do you realize how much of a clown you look like arguing that 500,000 is smaller than 22,000? WoW Classic could literally be the biggest old MMO on the planet and you'd argue it is a failure because WoW had a lot of players in 2006.
    -ynnady

Do you realize how much of a clown you look like arguing that 500,000 is smaller than 22,000? WoW Classic could literally be the biggest old MMO on the planet and you'd argue it is a failure because WoW had a lot of players in 2006.

as I said....

how many of those games had 11mil at any time.

11 million to under 500000 is not that impressive.

as I said....

how many of those games had 11mil at any time.

11 million to under 500000 is not that impressive.
    500,000 to 20,000 is almost the exact same ratio. Keep clownin'.
    -ynnady

500,000 to 20,000 is almost the exact same ratio. Keep clownin'.
    so is the other one impressive or wow's not impressive or is that just the average population % for old MMO's?

and some of those existed long before WOW was a gleam in Blizzards eyes like EQ.

again I'm not impressed maybe you're just really easily impressed?