Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Both western n ru news, nuclear plant held by russia, or u think washingtonpost n the rest is owned by kremlin?

I ask again, stop chicken out, who is shooting at the russian held plant?

As for Bulgaria, it's one of the countries in the neighborhood, that don't want a 2nd chernobyl.

So, I do care.

If ukraine wants to fight russia, NOT AT A FUCKING NUCLEAR PLANT FFS. Ukraine is acring like unhinged rogue state that wants to win at any price, incl making its own citizens glow green n neighbor countries too..

Kinda hard to care about a state that cares so little..
    You would excuse ANYTHING Russia is doing. Including Russians planning to steal a whole nuclear plant's worth of energy. Sad...

Let's just let Russia capture anything and everything, if Ukraine fights back, they are bad guys for having to use more than sticks and stones to fight, thus damaging stuff.

But that's nothing new from you. You'll parrot Russian lies until infracted, then you back off for a while and return hoping people forget about you

10+ Year Old Account
    Both western n ru news, nuclear plant held by russia, or u think washingtonpost n the rest is owned by kremlin?

As for Bulgaria, it's one of the countries in the neighborhood, that don't want a 2nd chernobyl.

So, I do care.

If ukraine wants to fight russia, NOT AT A FUCKING NUCLEAR PLANT FFS. Ukraine is acring like unhinged rogue state that wants to win at any price, incl making its own citizens glow green n neighbor countries too..

If Russia is so concerned about the possibility of their hostile occupation of a power plant causing a meltdown, they could always just leave.

Why don't they leave? Why are the Russians risking not only the lives of their soldiers, but apparently the lives of other people who might be affected by the power plant should it go into meltdown because they've made it a target?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    You would excuse ANYTHING Russia is doing. Including Russians planning to steal a whole nuclear plant's worth of energy. Sad...

Let's just let Russia capture anything and everything, if Ukraine fights back, they are bad guys for having to use more than sticks and stones to fight, thus damaging stuff.

But that's nothing new from you. You'll parrot Russian lies until infracted, then you back off for a while and return hoping people forget about you
    TBF I don't think "don't blow up the nuclear power plant even if it has Russians in it!" is the super spicy take people are freaking the fuck out about in this thread. I'm pretty sure the Russians can't win merely by holding it, I'm not sure how many Russian troops it could hold and without knowing that I'd only speculate that its main value as a military target is to allow the storage of Arms and Munitions where denial of access is a key Ukrainian military aim.

The Russian war machine is admittedly impossible to understand but surely shelling its own troops in a known piece of occupied territory seems a bit of a stretch no? I mean it's not been shelling Kherson has it?

Also fuck Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    TBF I don't think "don't blow up the nuclear power plant even if it has Russians in it!" is the super spicy take people are freaking the fuck out about in this thread. I'm pretty sure the Russians can't win merely by holding it, I'm not sure how many Russian troops it could hold and without knowing that I'd only speculate that its main value as a military target is to allow the storage of Arms and Munitions where denial of access is a key Ukrainian military aim.

The Russian war machine is admittedly impossible to understand but surely shelling its own troops in a known piece of occupied territory seems a bit of a stretch no? I mean it's not been shelling Kherson has it?

Also fuck Russia.
    There's a reason russians are acting awfully calm during the said bombardments of the nuclear plant - because they know they are not actually shelled by Ukraine. Just classic ol' Russia faking everything. Because Russia can simply NOT aim at the exact plant, just around it.

That's the thing here, no one wants a nuclear plant to go into meltdown, russians inside or not. But these troll parrots regurgitating utter falsehoods and putting their whole anti-Ukraine argument around it gets old here.

Ukraine has zero reasons to cause a meltdown, to wipe out a big chunk of their energy needs. Russia has all the reasons to make the world think Ukraine is reckless enough to do so, to just wipe out some orcs.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-09-03 at 08:16 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post

What part of nuclear plant being off limits u don't understand? There's a whole country to fight over, one plant if damaged will hurt EVERYONE.

N that is real reason I don't post here often, so little common sense in this thread..

What part of nuclear plant being off limits u don't understand? There's a whole country to fight over, one plant if damaged will hurt EVERYONE.

N that is real reason I don't post here often, so little common sense in this thread..
    Sweet irony. Off-limits, but not for Russia right? Why is Russia at the plant again?

How about Russia fucks off from the plant and never go there again, and we don't have a risk whatsoever - no russians, no need for closeby warfare.

Common sense - you lack it. Okay for Russia to take a nuclear power plant as hostage, to store their weapons there for "safety" and reach for their own genocide forces.

Not okay for Ukraine to stop Russia from performing the greatest energy heist in history

Yeah, don't post here please, after all it's you getting chased off the thread for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    What part of nuclear plant being off limits u don't understand?
    Yeah, so why is Russia there?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hold on, arent there russians in that plant? Also, you lack even more common sense then all of us combined.

Oryx also documents Ukrainian losses so they are impartial in that regards.

- - - Updated - - -

And Russia is the one fucking around with the NPP. They have troops and weapons stationed there, even in the power plant which was shown on video with the IAEA inspectors walking past.

And who can forget the Russian 'expert' trying to explain how the artillery shell that came from the direction of Russian forces somehow did a 180 degree turn in the air so must have been Ukrainian. My children can come up with more convincing lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Video showing Russians firing off MRLS from right beside the nuclear power plant.

https://mobile.twitter.com/christogr...64139780837378

So, I do care.

Russia is, so it can blame Ukraine for it.

I ask again, stop chicken out, 1)who is shooting at the russian held plant?

So, I do care.

(2)If ukraine wants to fight russia, (3)NOT AT A FUCKING NUCLEAR PLANT FFS. (4)Ukraine is acring like unhinged rogue state that wants to win at any price, (5)incl making its own citizens glow green n neighbor countries too..

(6)Kinda hard to care about a state that cares so little..
    Let's dissect this post further for the audience:

1) Russians are shelling the plant, hence why russian troops are not panicking like elsewhere when vs ukrainian troops, probably has even been linked earlier in this thread - Ukrainians have absolutely no reason to shell the plant, it is a major source of energy for them, Ukraine causing a meltdown in their own country and against other non-participants is not clever in the slightest when Ukraine wishes to get closer ties with them. Ukraine has no reason to shell the plant and then blame Russia as it is far more harm for them + other innocents - saying otherwise is just the least believable propaganda. Nothing to gain for Ukraine, everything to lose, including support if Ukraine randomly decides to induce a meltdown.

2) As if it's a question, "Do you wish to save your country from being entirely wiped out, people and all?"

3) Russia chose to invade a nuclear power plant to steal it, and chooses to store their volatile ammunition there.

4) You're saying Russia isn't an unhinged rogue state for seeking to genocide a population, culture and sovereignty, by also occupying a nuclear plant to steal energy + hoping to blame Ukraine by shelling it with meltdown scare - all while blackmailing Africa with a food crisis and Europe with energy one??

5) Russia shelling the said plant = Ukraine isn't responsible for Russia's psychopathic carelessness.

6) But you DO care about Russia, the said unhinged rogue state going straight for wiping out the entire nation and all of its aspects including food + energy crisis plan...Ironic, isn't it?

People can make their own conclusion of what you are actually rooting for.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-09-04 at 02:26 AM.

If nuclear plants are indeed off-limits and there's a whole country to fight in, why are there Russians stationed there in the first place?

Then again I'm fairly sure that as far as Ukrainians are concerned their entire country is off-limits to Russian soldiers but somehow that doesn't seem to have been much of a concern of yours.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If nuclear plants are indeed off-limits and there's a whole country to fight in, why are there Russians stationed there in the first place?
    1. The ability to store weapons in and fire from a location that is too dangerous to counter attack.

2. The ability to cut off the local peoples power supply and cause chaos and issues for the local populace which they have already proven they will go out of their way to kill when they can.

3. The ability to potentially cause a nuclear leak on their way out if things fail.

Remember, to Russia rules on War Crimes are to be ignored as the cruelty is a means of combat.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

Then again I'm fairly sure that as far as Ukrainians are concerned their entire country is off-limits to Russian soldiers but somehow that doesn't seem to have been much of a concern of yours.
    Because the Russian government and military are led by psychopaths who have no problem threatening the world in order to get what they want.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

If even Russia can attack and occupy a nuclear plant without causing Chernobyl 2.0 I'm sure Ukraine can do the same.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    The headline of this TheHill article is Here are the Russian oil executives who have died in the past nine months

Sounds like a real niche, huh? Guess how many are on the list.

No really, guess.

It's eight. The majority of them are at least supposed to look like suicides, with two supposedly self-inflicted gunshots to the head, two unexplained but with supposed suicide notes, and one found hanged next to his stabbed-to-death family.

Of them, my favorite is Yury Voronov, found dead next to a pistol and several shell casings. I mean, I guess it's possible to put a firearm to your own head and miss, but I'm guessing the alcohol level needed to do that would kill you anyhow.

I'm not saying every single Russian oil exec death in the last nine months is Putin's work, directly or indirectly. That heart attack could easily be legit. But I will ask this: name a single American oil exec who committed suicide in the last nine months.

An additional thing to consider for the nuclear power plant is that one of the problems have been that the powerlines have been destroyed (and not just the plant itself)- and a nuclear power plant need access to electricity for emergencies (and it doesn't make sense to run it if the electricity cannot go anywhere; stopping and restarting them can also be messy due to the risk of Xenon-poisoning - as in Chernobyl).

One of those main powerlines was attacked yesterday ( https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/pres...ion-in-ukraine ) - and given that it delivers power to unoccupied Ukraine and that Russia is rather imprecise in their attacks it wouldn't be odd if Russia destroyed those lines.

Russia is completely depended on its rail system, and its military especially so. The problem for them is it is also depended on foreign supplied bearings, which now are no longer available to them. The outcome? 10,000 of its staff on short-term 'contracts' to fight in Ukraine, with promises of massive wage increases. But as those in Ukraine are complaining, the pay is largely a myth.

I guess with trains not running, this lot are surplus to requirements and its cheaper to sent them off to de than to continue paying them.

- - - Updated - - -

This is only from a Ukrainian source so far, so I'd want to see other sources first, but they are reporting Putin wants to meet Zelensky to discuss the completion of the 'special military operation.'

https://www.dialog.ua/ukraine/258158_1662296997

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia is completely depended on its rail system, and its military especially so. The problem for them is it is also depended on foreign supplied bearings, which now are no longer available to them. The outcome? 10,000 of its staff on short-term 'contracts' to fight in Ukraine, with promises of massive wage increases. But as those in Ukraine are complaining, the pay is largely a myth.

I guess with trains not running, this lot are surplus to requirements and its cheaper to sent them off to de than to continue paying them.

- - - Updated - - -

This is only from a Ukrainian source so far, so I'd want to see other sources first, but they are reporting Putin wants to meet Zelensky to discuss the completion of the 'special military operation.'

https://www.dialog.ua/ukraine/258158_1662296997
    First link doesn't work for me.

2nd one, is the page supposed to be in russian language on an ukrainian website? My browser at least thinks it's in russian.

What comes to "end of special military operation", sure, as long as borders are restored to 1991 ones, Russia pays megacolossal war reparations, with complete disarmament of Russian military (just like they did to Ukraine since collapse of USSR, that enabled them to zerg Crimea and Donetsk easily) and sanctions being held for a LONG TIME.

Putin plays real life like a game of Civilization, and in Civilization, when you go all-out warmongering, wiping out nations - you get denounced by all pretty much permanently and sanctions will follow like rain in England.

Russia wanting to end this war is really easy. call a full withdraw and retreat beyond the Feb border.

Done. Peace achieved.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death