Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    Raszageth looks like a buck-toothed goof with pubes glued to her head... she doesn't even look scary, she just looks stupid.
    They wanted to go back to the OG days and added some boar-like features to everything.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Seems Alexstraza hasn't learned from her previous encounter of versing Deathwing. No amount of plot armor can save you till the end.

..... Still weird to me how they are hyping this guy up.....she's not even the end boss of the first raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So they gotta kill a person every single cinematic i guess?

also you remember the exact same happened in the wrathgate right?
    "Alliance and scourge fought, former lost, horde shows up, then lich king shows up, then forsaken showed up, then lich king just left?"

You're too busy mindlessly replying and defending Blizzard in every post you make that you never actually stop and read what people are typing.

As usual, reading comprehension wins. FelPlague: loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Weren't they called Assblasters?
    I only saw the 1st movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ..... Still weird to me how they are hyping this guy up.....she's not even the end boss of the first raid
    Isn't she?

eugh why Alex looks so... odd?
    It looks like a cheaper tv cartoon version of her usual self.

Wrathion looks somewhat okay.
    Also why the fudge are their mouths closed when talking?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Isn't she?
    Nope she's the second to last boss in the first raid....the Tauren that summoned her is the last boss

Nope she's the second to last boss in the first raid....the Tauren that summoned her is the last boss
    I guess all the guides I've seen as well as the dungeon journal are wrong, then.

Thanks the gods for random MMOC posters, they always have the real info.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

.....they've always been like that in dragon form? Like even Deathwing

- - - Updated - - -

I guess all the guides I've seen as well as the dungeon journal are wrong, then.

Wait no Im wrong ... might of gotten it mixed up

Have to disagree, in DF cinematic alex has more of a T-Rex face (elongated snout etc).

Her in game face was quite a bit different, looked a lot more noble and intelligent (for a dragon).

*edit: image refuses to work, you can look it up on pedia how she looked like in Cataclysm.

The lore in this game is so fucking bad I just have cutscenes on autoskip, autohandin quests on. I know its crap cause it has been for several expansions in a row, and I usually give it a shot later on my alts.

To enjoy this shitlore, is probably meant for a much younger audience or for the special. Maybe its cause I am getting older and it takes more thought to hit me emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    ...Am I the only one who feels like these newer cutscenes just don't have the same sort of impact as some of the older ones?

Take Wrathgate for example. By the end of that, one character had died, another character's fate was left ambiguous, and the forsaken's betrayal from within was revealed, leading to the Battle for the Undercity event.

Now this. Alexstrasza and Raszageth fought, the former lost, Wrathion showed up, and then Razsageth just... left? What ultimately happened by the end of the cinematic? Nothing of importance, it feels like.
    wrath had very few,they had to be impactful,these days ever zone and some questlines come with cinematics

Was hoping they just went with Galakrond or copy-paste a bit of House of the Dragon - Raszageth just doesnt feel or look menacing at all.

In past expansions, we generally have had strong opening end-raids:

Denathrius, Ghuun, Xavius, Margok/Chogall 2.0, Emperors/Sha of Fear/Empress, Nefarian/Alakir/Sinestra. A lot of those were carried on old stories ofc, but still didnt look like a cartoonish dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

The animation does seem off, I think they may have switched up people who normally do these cinematics. It kind of gives me the vibes of a lower budget CG cartoon, where the the art design gets rather cutesy and everything is just a little too fast. End result is that there's no impact, as in nothing seems to have weight (literally). Flow seems very off, distractingly so to where I stopped paying attention to the dialogue and was trying to figure out why it looked off.

Visuals aside, not quite sure what they're trying to go for here. Even if I didn't like the lore behind some of the Shadowlands cutscenes, they generally came off with more storytelling impact than this. Although I think this is leading to the discussion that came up in Shadowlands, where the sheer amount of cinematics seemed to thin out the impact of having cinematics in the first place. I'd even say that there were lore moments in Shadowlands of the level of this one, and they didn't even warrant a cinematic at all (and rightfully so). Maybe we'll get something better later.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

She is in fact the endboss of the first raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah even the WoW adventure guide and Blizzard themselves say that she is the endboss, but I guess that MMOC poster is right

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    She is in fact the endboss of the first raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah even the WoW adventure guide and Blizzard themselves say that she is the endboss, but I guess that MMOC poster is right
    ....thanks I did admit I was wrong

7+ Year Old Account
    So... the story is not looking that bright is it?.

I actually think that Raszageth had a good start as a villian, with good motives and an understandable stand when it comes to standing against he players - betrayal and imprisonment. But instead of building upon that, it does sound they are gonna make her a hatred filled jackass, that would enjoy torturing people because she finds it fun...

I hope it goes better for her brothers and sisters when they are freed.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    They could at least do the dialogue in human forms... that telepathy SpeakerInTheMouth feels like a bad machinima.

Also the art style of these new cinematics be it full CGI or game engine ones just hits very differently... It doesn't feel like warcraft

And here we go again with "BWAHAHAHA YOU DID ME WRONG? ME EVIL NOW" type of villain...
    Danuser can't write grey characters for a shit (but he actually can't write any character...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    They could at least do the dialogue in human forms... that telepathy SpeakerInTheMouth feels like a bad machinima.

Also the art style of these new cinematics be it full CGI or game engine ones just hits very differently... It doesn't feel like warcraft

And here we go again with "BWAHAHAHA YOU DID ME WRONG? ME EVIL NOW" type of villain...
    Danuser can't write grey characters for a shit (but he actually can't write any character...)
    Its more how they animate and less what that makes it feel off. It looks like a hobby project with the janky animations that start at high speed and slow down to zero only to then they start the next sequence repeating the same pattern without fluid transition. This looks on the level i produced fuckin around a week in blender and im not an artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdF5f_EtEUE You can ignore the model quality but look at the animation which can be done on a cartoon model too