10+ Year Old Account
    It is far too late for Russia taking out Zelensky to have a positive effect on the war for Russia, he’d become a martyr further bolstering resolve to resist with what he’s come to mean to Ukrainians.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It is far too late for Russia taking out Zelensky to have a positive effect on the war for Russia, he’d become a martyr further bolstering resolve to resist with what he’s come to mean to Ukrainians.
    Well, taking out Zelenksy also means seizing Kyiv since of course he's always there. If Kyiv falls, then as grim as this is to say, don't you think it's decisively over?

That's also why Russians are obsessed with Kyiv. It's the heart of the military enemy.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Russia set a record for the slowest blitzkrieg ever. What are we on now? Day 350 of the three day war?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Well Russia set a record for the slowest blitzkrieg ever. What are we on now? Day 350 of the three day war?
    They're late or never attempted a blitzkrieg of this scale up to now since the beginning because they thought they could wage a conventional war. Well, we've seen what's become of that.

So since they can't grind it out, they're trying something brash for a decisive victory. You even saw Zelenksy's reaction in how he was surprised they were even attempting what they're planning now.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-02-03 at 03:46 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I mean you saw the Kremlin docs, right? The ones for the initial invasion? They thought after killing Zelenksy, the Ukrainians would be demoralized and then it'd be easy street. That's still what they think will get them the win.

As for vehicles to push on, I'm not good at those logistics (i.e, talking military tech, jargob, etc) so, sorry. I just assume they'll use tanks and helicopters, don't know what else you'd think they would use.
    Do you think russia has infinite tanks and helicopters and trucks? Do you think they spawn in their base for free?

They've lost so many trucks that they use school busses to transport ammo to their frontline. If they do a zerg rush, it will be literally a wave of drunk mobiks on foot. The biggest problem for Ukraine in thwarting their attack will be how to afterwards rehabilitate their soldiers that have PTSD from racking up kill counts in the three digit numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Do you think russia has infinite tanks and helicopters and trucks? Do you think they spawn in their base for free?

They've lost so many trucks that they use school busses to transport ammo to their frontline. If they do a zerg rush, it will be literally a wave of drunk mobiks on foot. The biggest problem for Ukraine in thwarting their attack will be how to afterwards rehabilitate their soldiers that have PTSD from racking up kill counts in the three digit numbers.
    Comrade Legislav hits a school bus carrying troops with a HIMAR. Comrade Gimlov throws him a look; "That still only counts as one".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Something I want to ask you in particular:

Are you genuinely surprised by Russians sending thousands to their deaths for even incremental gains? I've noticed some commentators here are in disbelief they would do something so seemingly stupid, but we've seen the war progress and how Russians have already traded thousands of their lives to gain even a little new foothold.

Something I want to ask you in particular:

Are you genuinely surprised by Russians sending thousands to their deaths for even incremental gains? I've noticed some commentators here are in disbelief they would do something so seemingly stupid, but we've seen the war progress and how Russians have already traded thousands of their lives to gain even a little new foothold.
    No? Russian military tactics have always consisted of getting their own troops killed until the enemy starts feeling sorry for them.

I've never doubted that Putin will try something as incredibly stupid as throwing half a million untrained drunks at Ukraine. I'm just not shitting my pants because of high numbers because I know just how fucking bad the russians are at warfare. Like I've said many times before; there is a good reason the Finnish expression for fucking something up really bad directly translates into "doing it the russian way" in English.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No? Russian military tactics have always consisted of getting their own troops killed until the enemy starts feeling sorry for them.

I've never doubted that Putin will try something as incredibly stupid as throwing half a million untrained drunks at Ukraine. I'm just not shitting my pants because of high numbers because I know just how fucking bad the russians are at warfare. Like I've said many times before; there is a good reason the Finnish expression for fucking something up really bad directly translates into "doing it the russian way" in English.
    That's actually pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    That's actually pretty hilarious.
    And it is beautiful.

To "ryssä" it up, or "ryssiä".

A slur and a descriptive saying in one!

well then that's that.

Keep in mind the Russians are still in the phase of amassing at the border ATM. When the offensive begins, we will see how it goes. Right now it's all just speculative on how the battle will go.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-02-03 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, taking out Zelenksy also means seizing Kyiv since of course he's always there. If Kyiv falls, then as grim as this is to say, don't you think it's decisively over?

That's also why Russians are obsessed with Kyiv. It's the heart of the military enemy.
    The momentum for Russia to actually take a city the size of Kyiv is long gone, I do not consider that a probable scenario to begin with.

well then that's that.

Keep in mind the Russians are still in the phase of amassing at the border. When the offensive begins, we will see how it goes. Right now it's all just speculative.
    Russia had to disarm Ukraine from nukes when USSR collapsed, and then some more disarming for how long, 23 years?? To even be able to amass troops to re-take former USSR states, starting from Crimea in 2014 and before that, Georgia war in 2008?

If Russia manages to even equip half the 500k by the time they do the assault around anniversary of this newest genocide...I'll be happily surprised, it is not often when real life is such a meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Didn't it start Feb 6th?

We're about to loop back around a whole year and start back another 3 days.
    Putin never said *which year* the 3 days would end in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Didn't it start Feb 6th?

February 24th. We're still a couple of weeks away from the one year anniversary of this whole shitshow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Didn't it start Feb 6th?

Feb. 24th invasion of Donbass, Feb. 25th full invasion. (if memory serves, I remember thinking, "thanks a fucking lot for the birthday gift vitun ryssät" (which is two terrible slurs))

Since no one has posted this yet, here's Putin's speech about the state of the war, Germany, and a response to poster Gabriel on logistics when he questioned "where the fuck are they going to pull out the tanks and vehicles" (bolded)

Vladimir Putin has compared Russia's invasion of Ukraine to the fight against Nazi Germany, in a speech to mark the 80th anniversary of the conclusion of the Battle of Stalingrad. Citing Germany's decision to send tanks to Ukraine, the Russian president said history was repeating itself.

"It's unbelievable but true," he said. "We are again being threatened by German Leopard tanks."

"Those who hope to defeat Russia on the battlefield do not understand, it seems, that a modern war with Russia will be very different for them," the 70-year-old leader said. "We are not sending our tanks to their borders, but we have the means to respond. It won't be limited to the use of armored hardware. Everyone must understand this."

"Now, unfortunately, we see that the ideology of Nazism, already in its modern guise, in its modern manifestation, again creates direct threats to the security of our country," he said.

"Again and again we have to repel the aggression of the collective West."

But he vowed that while it was "unbelievable but true" that Russia was again being threatened by German tanks, Moscow had an answer for any country that threatened it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since no one has posted this yet, here's Putin's speech about the state of the war, Germany, and a response to poster Gabriel on logistics when he questioned "where the fuck are they going to pull out the tanks and vehicles" (bolded)

Vladimir Putin has compared Russia's invasion of Ukraine to the fight against Nazi Germany, in a speech to mark the 80th anniversary of the conclusion of the Battle of Stalingrad. Citing Germany's decision to send tanks to Ukraine, the Russian president said history was repeating itself.

"It's unbelievable but true," he said. "We are again being threatened by German Leopard tanks."

"Those who hope to defeat Russia on the battlefield do not understand, it seems, that a modern war with Russia will be very different for them," the 70-year-old leader said. "We are not sending our tanks to their borders, but we have the means to respond. It won't be limited to the use of armored hardware. Everyone must understand this."

"Now, unfortunately, we see that the ideology of Nazism, already in its modern guise, in its modern manifestation, again creates direct threats to the security of our country," he said.

"Again and again we have to repel the aggression of the collective West."

But he vowed that while it was "unbelievable but true" that Russia was again being threatened by German tanks, Moscow had an answer for any country that threatened it.
    Ok cool. So they are going to walk hundreds of miles. Got it.

Worst case scenario. Russia's attempt at zerg rushing turns into an absolute bloodbath, they turn all blame on the west and their weapon shipments that did most of the damage, and escalate to limited nuclear warfare to assert their dominance and try to intimidate both the west and Ukraine. From there it can only snowball out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And it is beautiful.

To "ryssä" it up, or "ryssiä".

A slur and a descriptive saying in one!
    And for anyone who doesn't know, "ryssiä" can also describe slipping/falling. Makes it even more poetic, since they sure know how to fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.