Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You can just put "heroic" items (ilvl 277) pink color (even better in cata with 10 mans and 25 mans loot merging), then pink > purple and epicness is back on the roads again !
    Pink is just a suggestion of course, i'm still ok with cyan !

It's gonna be legen wait for it, dary!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madworld View Post
    What do you need raiding gear for if your a solo player?
    Questing, daily quests, achievements, 5mans, bgs, grinding mats, world pvp, seasonal events, grinding gold.

Why do you need raid gear that drops from the lichking? To make it easier to kill him again in the future?

Interesting, let's see how well they'll play this one out.

Awesome to get the vanilla-feeling back!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Tres interessant :P

Sounds more like TBC then, with the majority dropping blues and some of the harder end-bosses dropping an epic

You do realise though that this is purely a cosmetic thing. There were a lot of iLevel200 blues that you could get at the end of Icecrown/Storm Peaks and in dungeons that were just as good as epics. Mark of the War Prisoner to name one, that was my DPS trinket for sooooooo long cause of the huge amount of hit it had
    Strictly speaking, it is NOT just a cosmetic thing. Go look at an ilvl 200 blue and an ilvl 200 epic. You'll note that the epic has better stats. Epics have a bigger budget than blues for the same ilvl. I'm sure things will be balanced accordingly, but I want to make sure people don't go off thinking that the only difference between a purple and a blue is the color. That's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njay View Post
    Awesome to get the vanilla-feeling back!
    Someone needs to go stand in the fire...vanilla was boring....if they took out every feature we have now and compare it to wotlk you would see

Quote Originally Posted by Kyiran View Post
    Nothing technical about it. They were raids. All nerfed after a while but at release, they were raids. I think UBRS was the only that was still designed for 10 players by the time BC came out.
    Stratholme and Scholomance never were raids. They were designed as 5 mans. Yes you could enter them with a 10-men raid. But you could do this with any other 5-men (except Dire Maul which diidn't exist at release) too. This option was basically there to learn about the instance and then come back later as a normal group to do the quests. This feature was constantly abused so they removed it.

The first real raid was UBRS followed by MC, Onyxia and BWL.

Cataclysm's going to be a big shock to some people its starting to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    What a load of crap. This is equivalent to saying all Ilvl 200 gear should be blue instead of some blue and the Naxx stuff purple. A few months in, or perhaps an extra raid in, and this will be entirely moot, as people simply farm badges for the latest gear.

Do people really remember the Tier sets from Molten Core? They were garbage, and had poor stat itemization. I would laugh at Warlocks in full Felheart, while I wore mismatched blue gear along with selected epic items until I got more Tier 2.
    This. Also, remember trying to catch a player up in classic? Getting a decked out raid to run MC for awful changes at drops (gogo shaman/pally gear for a faction that can't use it!) was pain. Having the opportunity in modern WoW to swap mains or get a new player geared quickly is wonderful. Opening up tier raiding or -1 tier raiding to people who can't dedicate 3-4 nights per week is awesome. Seeing content that these devs spend months working on is fun. There are still plenty of ways to show your epeen and still allow the game to be relatively accessible--the algalon equivalents/hard modes with concomitant gear/title/mount rewards are for dedicated raiders and will continue to be a great way to flex epeen if that's your thing.

Deleted
    *cheers*

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    It allows a player to gear up for the current level on content on their own, as it should be. You shouldn't need a guild to get the second best tier of gear available at the current time, otherwise you get late starting players and guilds who have to go through the entire tiers of content in the current expansion just to catch up. That's not how they want it anymore.
    I was in a guild like this in TBC (clearing SSC/TK while other guilds were late in BT) and we loved raiding, didn't matter that we were in tier 5 and tier 6 and a half was coming out soon. I wonder if making everything casual accessible is actually making the casuals happier. It's really hard to get feedback from casuals since, well, they're casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Questing, daily quests, achievements, 5mans, bgs, grinding mats, world pvp, seasonal events, grinding gold.
    So you cant grind gold in blues?

Honestly I don't care about the color of my loot.

No, I never played Vanilla wow so maybe I don't get this sense of euphoria when the name of my new piece of gear is in purple font rather than blue.

I really don't care about the color or whether it's listed as rare or epic. All I look at are the stats on the gear, and the iLvL. This is why ICC gear is better, more impressive, and more of something to be proud of than Naxx gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madworld View Post
    So you cant grind gold in blues?
    No, it it much more effective when you can 2 shot a mob rather than spending 15second on each mob, or is that too confusing for your little mind?

LOL You don't need an addon to see iLvL, nor is it any harder to observe than the color of the name of the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrol View Post
    people will still get their epics fast and it will most probably take up to 2 maybe 3 weeks to be full epic when your guild starts raiding(Depends on how hard the first raid will be tho). I think that this means that they're just removing "tier for badges herp" and as it is atm the chance to reach a high gear level with just gathering badges. in short, Cataclysm loot will be an equal to tbc loot or something. Amiright?
    Short answer: No.

Tier gear will still be available through 'badges' (they will just get a different name). Basically you still get Triumphs by running heroic dungeons. And there will still be a small amount of Frosts for running daily heroic. By the way TBC also had badges and you could get them by running heroics and use them to buy T6-level equip... Probably during the first level of raiding (T11) the new Triumphs can only be used to buy blue items. After introduction of T12 you will be able to buy purples...

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need gs to see item level, you can turn it off/on in the interface menu.

It's the same amount of effort to see the itemlevel, that it is to see that its purple

Casuals don't need a goal or to look up to anyone, how can you even be serioues about this one? someone that joined in WOTLK has 271 gear but the player that has been playing since vanilla has to look up to them because they dont raid?

"more players then ever can get into decent gear on their own and not require a guild just to be able to do the most current raid."
    Ye why
    would you whant people to group or play together in an mmo that's crazy talk. And yes I raided in tbc and vanilla and ye okey if you think so becuase doing the same instance for 7 months is great. And seeing one of the biggest villeins that have been pumped up all through the expansion being pugged by 10 random people from trade is just GREAT: ))))))))))

10+ Year Old Account
    For soloing you do not need raid gear. Raids are about progressing, meetingn new fun encounters and gearing to be able to do them.- Because their shouldn't be any way for other people to progress?

For world pvp, you have battleground&arena gear. - because blue gear is so usefull against people with high end gear.

You do daily quests to get money for, what? Buy new gear from AH?- Enchants,gems, alt mounts, alt flying skill, proffesion level ups, helping guild mates/ friends, mats, vanity pets, tabards, vanity mounts, dalaran ring, 3seater, jeeves, worhmhole generators,

You can solo level professions to get better gear.- Alchemy, mining, herbalism, skinning,first aid, cooking, fishing, archology, say hi, the rest say yay ilevel 200 gear

You can do 5 mans for better gear and farm emblems to get almost equal gear to casual raiders.- Yes, but if you consider the OP's blue post then seperating blues from purples would mean the second half of the expansion those people that do 5mans would still be in the same gear as at the start of the expansion

And who the heck grinds gold ? - me i like it , its calming

And i'm taking it that you are just a complete idiot and basically just ignoring you
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2010-06-24 at 09:20 AM.