Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King, Alternate Ending.

Putting Darion in Tirion's place.

:Darion and the Alliance forces confront Arthas, atop Ice Crown Citadel

Darion: Arthas! I have broken free of your control and now I will destroy you!

Arthas: *Laughs* You think you have that kind of power? You have always been and will always be a pawn of the Lich King.

:Arthas takes control on Darion.

Arthas: Now sit and watch as I create the greatest army the Scourge has seen from the force you hand picked!

(Thoughtout the encounter Darion would be battling the Lich King's control.)

Darion: What have I done...
    Darion: NO, NO! I did not want this!

(At the end of the encounter, when Arthas is weakened and preparing to destroy the raid with Apocalypse.)

Darion: Father! Give me the strength I need! I must help them!
    Alexandros whispers: Darion, it is your time.

:Darion breaks free of Lich King's control and tackles him. Frostmourne is dropped in the struggle before they both fall from the top of the Frozen Throne.

:At the bottom of the Citadel. Arthas is dead from the fall, his helmet fallen and now infront of a barely moving Darion.

Alexandros whispers: Darion... Darion! There is still much left for you to do. Without their master the Scourge will run rampant and destroy the world. Only you have the strength to do what must be done.

: Darion puts on the helmet. As he rises his eyes blaze red with his new power. He turns and walks into the Citadel.

-WotLK End Credits-

Followed by a quest chain to honor Bolvar, who died. And lock Frostmourne away as it could not be destroyed.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-23 at 09:21 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Or ashton cutcher comes in and "punk'd" us all, then the lich king, bolvar, and tirion go and get smashed at a strip club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

If you don't mind, I would like to take a stab at an alternate ending. Some information you need to know for this to work, however, is that, as soon as the opening cutscene begins, a timer starts. If you do not engage the Lich King before this timer runs out, Bolvar becomes an enemy, however if you do engage the Lich King beforehand, then Bolvar will help battle.

As the raid defeats the end of wing bosses, various allies come in and begin to purify/kill off any remaining Scourge in that wing. After Professor Putricide is defeated, the Alliance/Horde (Faction dependent) reinforce it. If you are Horde, there will be some interesting dialogue regarding the Forsaken and Putricide's experiments. After Blood Queen Lana'thel is vanquished, the Knights of the Ebon Blade will reinforce the area, with Darion in the lead. Darion mentions something about just how twisted the Lich King is, then you move on. Finally, after you defeat Sindragosa, the Argent Crusade, led by Tirion enter. Tirion mentions that the time has finally come for the assault upon the Lich King himself, then you take the portal up to the Frozen Throne.

When you reach the top, Tirion is not there. Instead, a cutscene immediately begins (it lasts a while before combat starts, so the raid is fine). The Lich King is standing in the middle of the Frozen Throne, channeling a dark purple/black beam into Bolvar's body. If the timer was up before you reached the top, then the Lich King would have a short speech, Bolvar would become corrupt, and the fight would start. If not, however, Bolvar will gather his last bit of resolve to shatter free from Frostmourne's corruption, then fall to a knee. This will bring down the Lich King's health a bit.

The fight then starts, and throughout the fight, Tirion, Darion, and Varian/Garrosh would periodically come in to help you. Tirion and Darion battle the Lich King directly while Varian/Garrosh tank Bolvar, giving the healers a bit of relief.

Finally, the fight comes to a close as the Lich King kills everyone in the room save for Varian/Garrosh, Tirion, and Darion, who are all terribly, terribly wounded. They are also knocked back, and Tirion is knocked back to the little circle in the rune on the Frozen Throne. The same speech happens, and Tirion gathers his strength to shatter Frostmourne in the exact same way. This time, however, Terenas also heals Tirion, Darion, and Varian/Garrosh to half of their health.

The final phase is the same as before, however this time, the Lich King slowly consumes the souls, gaining a stacking debuff. If the debuff reaches 50, the Lich King detonates, knocking everyone back 100 yards and dealing ten million damage to everyone within 5000 yards. This also kills all of the reinforcements in their respective wings. It takes about three-five minutes for everything to respawn.

Then, the Lich King is defeated. The cutscene begins, but has two different openings. If Bolvar was corrupted, it is assumed that Bolvar was defeated by the adventurers/Faction Leaders. Tirion tells Garrosh/Varian to return and share the news of the victory. Then, Terenas appears, tells Tirion that there must always be a Lich King, and vanishes again. Tirion goes through the same exact spiel, but this time, Darion attempts to argue with them. As they argue, Bolvar, who was assumed dead, begins moving once more. He stands, and does his spiel, and before Tirion or Darion can react, he takes the Helm from Tirion and puts it on.

Darion freaks out about how the cycle has been repeated, but Tirion stops him from killing the Lich King. With his final request, Bolvar asks that Tirion impale him with Ashbringer (and through the Frozen Throne) so that the evils of the Lich King will be vanquished should they ever arise. When Tirion cannot gather the strength to do so, Darion remembers what his father said, then takes Ashbringer, charges up the Frozen Throne's steps, and impales Bolvar upon it. Bolvar's last words are "Thank...you..." in an orcish tone.

Tirion and Darion then agree to keep this a secret from everyone, for Varian and Garrosh would have their heads if they ever found out what happened.

If Bolvar was not corrupted, then the same thing happens, except that it is assumed that Bolvar died from the torture of the Lich King, even though he just passed out from exhaustion.
    Leader of the Stormwind Protection Agency.

I think everyone would generally agree that LK falling of ICC would have been a lot cooler than how he actually died.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscalise View Post
    I think everyone would generally agree that LK falling of ICC would have been a lot cooler than how he actually died.
    LK: You can't kill me, this is madness!
    Tirion: Madness? THIS IS ICC! *kicks LK off the edge"

English is not my main language, but I try!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscalise View Post
    Don't agree. Falling from a tower is a pretty unoriginal death, would be a tad disappointing imo. Tackling the King of the Scourge, then seeing him drop his sword and fall over the ledge only makes me think of Wile E. Coyote.

The Darion part is okay, but dunno. I'm pretty pleased with the ending as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    : Darion breaks free of Lich King's control and tackles him. Frostmourne is dropped in the struggle before they both fall from the top of the Frozen Throne.

:At the bottom of the Citadel. Arthas is dead from the fall, his helmet fallen and now infront of a barely moving Darion.
    Achievement Earn!!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ the achievement, Idk about Darion tackling the Lich King, but I do wish Darion participated in the LK fight

yeah, i think the ending really sucked.

granted i liked normal mode...but hard mode should have involved bolvar himself. like the transition should have had bolvar break free or something and helped (like maiev and kalecgos) but him just sitting up there is stupid as hell imo. darion and the people at the entrance showing up woulda been epic!

All idea "there always must be a Lich King" is just lame , i was hoping for some cool alternative ending but got same just some characters swaped

Better ending would be for all those heroes to fight lich king and somehow break Frostmourne then encase him back to ice and apoint watchers to monitor him or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Intiriel View Post
    I Lol'd

15+ Year Old Account
    Lich King: You shall never defeat me, for I AM THE LI~
    *Arthas Slips over a loose piece of ice*
    Lich King: Aw Crap...
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    All idea "there always must be a Lich King" is just lame , i was hoping for some cool alternative ending but got same just some characters swaped

Better ending would be for all those heroes to fight lich king and somehow break Frostmourne then encase him back to ice and apoint watchers to monitor him or something like that
    Ya I'm sure Jaina would be fine with making Arthas live like that... She would pull a Tyrande on us after a couple years.

frostmourne wasnt shattered in this senario so nothing will change and by the time darion gets back to the top of the citadel he will just pick up frostmourne and kill everyone /end world

I can't stop laughing xD Perfect reference.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    frostmourne wasnt shattered in this senario so nothing will change and by the time darion gets back to the top of the citadel he will just pick up frostmourne and kill everyone /end world
    I was thinking of something similar to that. Maybe not with such immediate effect. lol
    Arthas telling Darion he will always be a pawn of the Lich King was meant to be a bit of foreshadowing.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Ya I'm sure Jaina would be fine with making Arthas live like that... She would pull a Tyrande on us after a couple years.
    I am all for that , would love to kill her over and over again , she is the main reason Arthas went dark path (raid where she drops purplez would be nice,ganking her in Theramore isnt satisfying anymore )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

oh man i wish someone punted him off ....

The way they ended it in the cinematic was very well done i thought. However I do think an alternate ending would have been much better..

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

New Sig!!