Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Leap of Faith] thread

...other classes have dreaded this day....

Now that it's possible to get to 85 on the Beta, someone needs to get there ASAP and try out Leap of Faith (if it's implemented)!!

Post anything related to the new spell here :]

-Videos showing the spell?!
    -Your opinion of it (after using it)
    -Uses
    -Anything else~

EDIT: 3/9/10: Kaesebrezen has uploaded a video of the spell in (obviously) a very early state; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G640vX5CcE4

EDIT: 18/9/10: Leap of Faith now costs 13% of base mana, down from 32%. Now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.

Update: New video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRV7l_NopM should answer some questions. Thanks, Renagade!
    Last edited by Marraphy; 2010-10-27 at 08:35 PM.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Oh good God, yes. I'd almost forgotten. NEED. NEED. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Deleted
    PRIESTAGASEM!!!!!oneoneelevenƒ(x) → A

Are the servers even online? None show for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it'll just be a wispy, white/yellow thingy that leads out of you, 'grabs' the target, and then comes back to you with them attached. Don't expect anything too unique (compared to Deathgrip), other than a change in colors and style.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

10+ Year Old Account
    I've encountered PLENTY of situations on Live where this will be very useful!

Lol, forcing people to click your Lightwell? X]
    Making people NOT get hit by Ony's fire breath
    Saving dumb DPS from Coldflame, DnD, the missiles coming from the Alliance's gunship?
    Just to name a few xD

Edit: @Vidur: Yeah I wouldn't expect Blizzard to give us more than a recolored Death Grip :P They called it Life Grip after all... -_-
    Last edited by Marraphy; 2010-09-01 at 04:40 AM.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

You know what I just realized? No more moving to each other when we're linked with something! Holy hell, this is going to be awesome

If you see anything about smoke bomb for rogues please link a video i wanna see its size and height...thank you.
    The spirit of the alliance will never die even when all is lost

Only downside will be priests will be asked to use on specific players or people in fights.

The raid will decide what we use it for, not us
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by acenthehole View Post
    If you see anything about smoke bomb for rogues please link a video i wanna see its size and height...thank you.
    theoretically height won't matter... unless your talking about aesthetic
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

Come to think of it, there are a *lot* of pretty cool new skills coming into action today.

Leap of Faith, Wild Mushroom, Demon Soul, Time Lapse, Dark Simulacrum, Heroic Leap, Spiritwalker's Grace, Smoke Bomb, Camouflage, Guardian of Ancient Spirits... well, that's all of them but they're all awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Only downside will be priests will be asked to use on specific players or people in fights.

Well... isn't it so with the rest of your spells?

Guilds tells you what to heal, with what, and when. Amarite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post

So long as the raid isn't bad, it should be pretty obvious when/where to use it so, if you're good and you're in a good raid, everyone should be on the same page anyways. All for the benefit of the raid as a whole, right?

Or, put another way, the good players shouldn't have to be told when to use it :P

Edit: not trying to sound like an ass, sorry if it comes out like that.

I see Priests becoming an invaluable asset in Arenas and BG's for that very spell. Gonna love to see how it all plays out and the crap we can get up to.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2010-09-01 at 04:48 AM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Quote Originally Posted by acenthehole View Post
    This isn't the rogue forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchi View Post
    Well... isn't it so with the rest of your spells?

Guilds tells you what to heal, with what, and when. Amarite?
    Yeah, but most of our heals don't have cooldowns

And think of it like this: you'll be able to occasionally let that idiot who didn't tip your disenchanting die. But you won't be able to save your best mate out of that fire, 'cause you've already used it on someone "more important".

So now noobs can actually blame priests if theydie in a fire, because you didn't Leap of Faith them out of it? Sounds like a fun ability.

Of course I'm joking, but this might actually happen. Be prepared for even more QQ. The ability sounds quite cool though, you can save people in many ways with this, for example falling etc.
    Looking forward to comments from the Beta!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Will have so much fun abusing it in dungeons to mess with DPSers when this goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    So now we can actually blame priests if we die in a fire, because you didn't Leap of Faith us out of it? Sounds good to me.

Of course I'm joking, but this might actually happen. The ability sounds quite cool though, you can save people from falling as well now. Looking forward to comments from the Beta!
    "lolpriestnub"
    "olololo priest sux kick him!"
    "THERE ARE FIVE FIRES AND I ALREADY SAVED YOUR SORRY ASSES UNTIL I HAD NO MORE MANA LEFT TO HEAL YOU WITH YOU RARARARARARAGRHAGRAHGRHAGRHAGHRGAHGRHAGHRGSHGAHURGSAHRGUYEHIJOPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRQW$QDTASDGIAUNEHOANVUWERIVYTWebrgnuathran!"

I'm just asking if you see anything about it you don't gotta point out my stupidity.
    The spirit of the alliance will never die even when all is lost

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    "lolpriestnub"
    "olololo priest sux kick him!"
    "THERE ARE FIVE FIRES AND I ALREADY SAVED YOUR SORRY ASSES UNTIL I HAD NO MORE MANA LEFT TO HEAL YOU WITH YOU RARARARARARAGRHAGRAHGRHAGRHAGHRGAHGRHAGHRGSHGAHURGSAHRGUYEHIJOPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRQW$QDTASDGIAUNEHOANVUWERIVYTWebrgnuathran!"
    actually...yes...I hope this doesn't happen to me...
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI