Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Agreed, the relics for Warrior are fantastic.

Storm's Path isn't even great for the uptime difference versus Reprisal, it's the on-demand nature of it. Bit hit incoming? For a DRK to even semi-reliably get the buff in time, they would need to be fighting something that they can parry (so that excludes things like A4S), know a hit is incoming, and hit Dark Dance and hope to fish for a proc. The 50-66% (at best) uptime for reprisal is awful because who cares if you are mitigating damage at times of low incoming party damage?

I played WAR from ARR through the launch of HW. Then I swapped to DRK because I played it in 11 and really love tanking, so I was happy with the change. Tanked with it through the first 4 floors of Alexander Savage, and then realized how much I was missing playing WAR. I really really want to enjoy DRK, it just needs some work right now.

Warriors must have been really good in ARR because Santa-P gave them everything they could possibly want on their wishlist for HW.

- - - Updated - - -

I could have sworn that Yoshi-P has pretty much said no blue mage, no beastmaster. The speculation for the next three classes is Samurai (likely a tank), Red Mage, and Dancer.
    I've not seen Yoshi say anything about writing off a class and blue mage/red mage was the "argument" being had in the dev team's area in last year's anniversary event too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Is there even a Doma to travel to anymore? after doing all the Ninja quests and Yugiri's storyline it sounds like the empire completely leveled it and took what they could capture as slave labour and their own personal Ninjas for assassination jobs. The refugees seem to be looking for a new home instead of just weathering the storm till they can go reclaim their home. I think there isn't a home to go back to for them.
    I doubt the Empire leveled it and salted the earth. There's still some indication in the Heavensward Ninja quests that the princess has a home to return to.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    And I'm not even done with my first relic. -_-'
    Then there's freaks/weirdos like me with 2 240s...and on a more hilarious note, I'm further along on unidentifieds for my third one than I am on the crystals (for the first step). Been farming them whenever I can on BRD (for xp) and Sea of Clouds has been stubborn as all hell. Almost bordering on Yokai bad, but seeing I have 3-4 other zones already done, I'm not going to declare it that bad (because it's not).

I'm probably about to ratchet that stuff down, though. My RL buddy is back in school, so he won't be on near as much (so I can't troll him by getting all the potsherds from chests in potd), and I'm itching to get into Ironworks gear before 3.4 gets here.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-08-16 at 06:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm started on my second anima recently already had all the bones and shells guess i'll wait to buy ore and seeds till next week.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Yeah i'm almost done on my second but you can get a 235 from a day of deep dungeon running which is a much more appealing alt job weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm almost done on my second but you can get a 235 from a day of deep dungeon running which is a much more appealing alt job weapon.
    Yeah I have the padgali revolver but I'm really liking MCH so I want something a little better.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Some of the potd weapons though make me sadface with those secondary stats...like that WAR axe and that mad amount of parry.

Then again, it's better than the 210 weapon I have that has the exact same (shitty) stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    the gun is delicious with crit and det

So what are your job expectations for 4.0? Massively had a good article that prompted me to write this: http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.c...art-1-job.html which i'm gonna spare copy pasting but i wonder if there are any out there tank and heal jobs people expect anymore.

i'm gonna go with red mage and samurai since they were already hinted.

my ideal scenario would be samurai as a dps. mostly because there's a lack of swords for melee and i don't see how it could be much different than warrior. they also added a ranged dps for heavensward so maybe it's melee's turn?

red mage could easily be an off-heals in this game with debuffs or something similar to scholar.

for tanks i have no idea but i'd want to see something unique that doesn't overlap the current 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    the gun is delicious with crit and det
    Score. The NIN daggers have the same stat layout, as my friend found out by accident because he figured you talk to the NPC to pull up a menu to choose what weapon you want, only for that npc to be like "surprise! NIN daggers 4 u". So while he doesn't play NIN much at all, at least he has a decent weapon for leveling it up next xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i'm gonna go with red mage and samurai since they were already hinted.

my ideal scenario would be samurai as a dps. mostly because there's a lack of swords for melee and i don't see how it could be much different than warrior. they also added a ranged dps for heavensward so maybe it's melee's turn?

red mage could easily be an off-heals in this game with debuffs or something similar to scholar.

for tanks i have no idea but i'd want to see something unique that doesn't overlap the current 3.
    Tank: Whatever Nero is in Praetorium, with the big ass hammer. Although I worry that hammer attacks would overlap a lot of WAR attacks in terms of animations and such (overpower, steel cyclone, decimate all come to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Score. The NIN daggers have the same stat layout, as my friend found out by accident because he figured you talk to the NPC to pull up a menu to choose what weapon you want, only for that npc to be like "surprise! NIN daggers 4 u". So while he doesn't play NIN much at all, at least he has a decent weapon for leveling it up next xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Tank: Whatever Nero is in Praetorium, with the big ass hammer. Although I worry that hammer attacks would overlap a lot of WAR attacks in terms of animations and such (overpower, steel cyclone, decimate all come to mind).
    yea what i'd like to see is some kind of magic hybrid tank.

beastmaster would also be interesting but pets in this game are pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Is the community like the one from wow?
    No thank god. I can't believe its been two years since ive seen someone bunny hopping spamming "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGO" followed by ninja pulling, wiping the party, calling everyone else 'faggots' and ragequitting the group. XIV ain't perfect but its better than how the other half lives, but that could be an EU thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the community like the one from wow?
    Pretty much, yes.
    At least when you operate on Cerberus, you won't find much difference in terms of general asshattery™.

Forums will be forums. There's always QQ.

- - - Updated - - -

"GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGO" followed by ninja pulling
    They typically don't bother with the "ogog" and simply pull.

You'll get used to it.

true that

but in case of wow the devs often listen to it, i somehow dont articulate myself well. What i mean is, are the devs listening to such kind of things and is the reward structure better then you get instant catch up gear the moment you hit level cap where you can do the hardest raid and the content getting nerfed instantly because only 90 % of people can do it and 99 % and such shenanigans
    Not really, the game isn't really the "race to max level, now raid the same content for a year" sort of game. Theres a version of raid finder that gives 'okay' gear but you need a certain level of gear to que for that from doing dungeons. Though you would be hard pressed to find anyone outside that extreme double digit minority of progression raiders that feel a burning need to get to 24 man gear just to raid.
    I mean if WoW has kind of coloured you mindset to mmorpg=raid treadmill the last raids hardest boss Ozma had some complaints and the lead dev Yoshi P said "its fine as it is, get good" and since then people learnt the fight and unless you get the random assholes that want to afk the moment a pull starts you dont hear people complain the bosses are hard because people got used to it.

But then i know far more people that care about triple triad, chobobo racing, lords of verminion, crafting classes and pvp than i do raiding. Its just the big "you NEED to do this, its why the game exists" raiding mindset isn't the design ethos here. Raiding is one thing to do, its not why the game exists.

Maybe its just a japanese dev thing but its more about grinding, multiple niche passtimes and generally doing whatever you want to do really. Raiding is the one option of many it should be, not some hyper aggressive, high strung act of repetition you race to max level for.

Shit you cant even technically race to it. Its a jrpg first and foremost, you dont do the story you cant even access the expansion.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-08-16 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i mean is, are the devs listening to such kind of things and is the reward structure better then you get instant catch up gear the moment you hit level cap where you can do the hardest raid and the content getting nerfed instantly because only 90 % of people can do it and 99 % and such shenanigans
    Yes. Just like any other MMO.

As soon as a new raid comes out, the old one gets echo (think LFR resolve) and gets nerfed via gear progression.

That being said: this game is FAR less raid centered than WoW. Yes raiders do get a tiny leg up on item level but it ain't nowhere near the madness of WoW, where your character feels broken if you don't raid at least heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just the big "you NEED to do this, its why the game exists" isn't the design ethos here. Raiding is one thing to do, its not why the game exists.
    100% agreed on this one.

Also the reason why I (a retired raider) like this game so much.

I am thinking to try this game. Is the community like the one from wow? I must say im little bit sick of this mindsets everything should handed to me without reward (see recent wining about nerfing a broken event).
    So far my experience with the community has been pretty good. I've only been playing for a month and I'm nowhere near any endgame content, but what I've done, people have been pretty nice and understanding for the most part. I healed a dungeon the other day and had a tank ragequit after the first pull cos one DPS was phoning it in, just spamming a single attack instead of laying their DoTs, but afterwards a much nicer tank joined and we finished fine(even if the DPS in question still wasn't playing as well as they could, they did try at least a little harder after).

Most of the mechanics I've been exposed to keep people from being able to grief much. This game wasn't made with World PvP in mind, so if you like that kind of thing, you might look elsewhere. You see some things slip through(like the recent seasonal event beginning and everyone scrambling after mobs for the quest related to it, and being unable to get credit), but for the most part everyone can contribute and get credit on open mob kills, the public quests(FATEs)can't be done unless you level sync down, so some max level can't just walk through and ruin it for everyone, levequests spawn things only you can interact with, gathering isn't a competition, you cannot roll on any dungeon item if you already have a copy in your inventory, you cannot need on gear if it's not for your current class.

Overall, I'd say give the trial a go and see what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if WoW has kind of coloured you mindset to mmorpg=raid treadmill the last raids hardest boss Ozma had some complaints and the lead dev Yoshi P said "its fine as it is, get good"
    You should add that Ozma = LFR boss and it's difficulty is about that of a normal mode boss.
    Savage/mythic players will nuke him with a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    So far my experience with the community has been pretty good. I've only been playing for a month and I'm nowhere near any endgame content, but what I've done, people have been pretty nice and understanding for the most part. I healed a dungeon the other day and had a tank ragequit after the first pull cos one DPS was phoning it in, just spamming a single attack instead of laying their DoTs, but afterwards a much nicer tank joined and we finished fine(even if the DPS in question still wasn't playing as well as they could, they did try at least a little harder after).

Most of the mechanics I've been exposed to keep people from being able to grief much. This game wasn't made with World PvP in mind, so if you like that kind of thing, you might look elsewhere. You see some things slip through(like the recent seasonal event beginning and everyone scrambling after mobs for the quest related to it, and being unable to get credit), but for the most part everyone can contribute and get credit on open mob kills, the public quests(FATEs)can't be done unless you level sync down, so some max level can't just walk through and ruin it for everyone, levequests spawn things only you can interact with, gathering isn't a competition, you cannot roll on any dungeon item if you already have a copy in your inventory, you cannot need on gear if it's not for your current class.

Overall, I'd say give the trial a go and see what you think.
    I think if anything sums up the difference between WoW and FFXIV its the fact that you will see people in XIV form queues for things. Granted some servers like Cerberus and Moogle are pretty infamous as the "redditor/asshole servers of choice" but the Japanese audience -and XI veterans seem to shame people into behaving sometimes and i quite honestly cant think of another game where it happens.

Compared to WoWs "every tauren gets on a mammoth and sits on a questgiver the day an expansion launches that made some hyjals on catas launch grind to a halt and only 2 expansions later did they finally add a 'no mounting' aura around npcs to stop this kind of thing.

I think the difference is kind of cultural. In a japanese online game its "we are all in this together, unless its the auction house then fuck you blood vendetta" in a western online game its "its not that i should win, but others should fail and know im better than them"

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean what bothers me the most in wow is that since the devs removed attunments, you dont know in the most cases why you going in a raid/dungeon anymore and kill a boss, the rpg aspect is so lost imo.
    Same here. Don't worry, you won't find a Sartharion here. Every dungeon, every trial (one boss raids) every raid has a storyline attached to it.
    Story is really one of this games strong points.

i can invest ALOT of time and get rewarded for it, be it level, vanity or gear, why not?
    Oh i think you will find something to occupy your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats something i dont like. Not because im a super hardcore raider, but i like vertical progression. I like to step up from piece to peice, be it in leveling or dungeons or raids or professions, rather then having catch up gear. Sadly all the modern mmorpgs follow this model, i dont understand why. if youre game is fun, why people should have problem playing the old parts and catch up?
    Because not everyone raids.
    Doesn't matter whether it's current content or not current content. Not everyone likes to raid.

Don't be sad though, if you raid savage you get i240.
    You get i240 via other means in a later patch and it takes A LOT of time to acquire (up to 10 weeks for the complete set).

Only really outdated gears acquisition is hastened to a point that you could call it "catch up" gear and imo that is a good thing because people don't want to be left behind.