10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out that the English description for soloing deep dungeon is terrible in that people think it's bugged.
    JP says
    Code:
    死者の宮殿にソロでB1から突入しB100より深い階層で、スコアを記録した
    Along the line, solo palace of the dead from B1 to over B100 floor and have the score registered.
    Means you have to get past 100 so you can't die.

Also being an idiot I got one shotted at floor 141, derp.

Urgh, they need to tighten restrictions on who gets to go past floor 50. I'm not talking about Aetherpool, but job level. I've met a few now who have next to no levels in a job they're playing past floor 50. No job crystal and clearly no idea what they're doing. All they do is slow the run down. POTD 51+ is not a training course for a newbie to a job. You should be restricted to having a job at lvl 30, minimum, in order to go that far. Wanna level to 30? Go run 1-50, maybe you'll learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm actually hoping that we don't see Regula or the Emperor become the stand in for Kefka. Both have much more potential as long term rivals/antagonists I believe. If Regula does end up going down that path, though, I can't see it happening willingly. Both his behaviour in-game and the wording of the lore book makes it clear that he's a pretty decent guy (though obviously his interests are purely based around Garlemald and protecting the Emperor).

I'd much prefer that white robed 'Ascian' to become 'Kefka'. Having him go down that route would be more unexpected - and he is seemingly serving Elidibus so whether or not it happens intentionally on his part could serve to make it all the more tragic.

I do think something bad is going to happen once Zurvan (the last of the trio) is defeated. It just seems far too convenient for me and I predict a massive 'Nice Job Breaking It Hero' moment on part of the Warrior of Light and the Scions.
    i was thinking Regula for a while, but after finally getting to and dealing with Sophia, i'm leaning towrds Unukalhai either being kefka, or being the ff14 version of him, with his sneakiness and what he is doing in the background

I'm really hoping for a fight that spans the entirety of "Dancing Mad"
    Last edited by cocoapuffs; 2016-11-10 at 07:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Urgh, they need to tighten restrictions on who gets to go past floor 50. I'm not talking about Aetherpool, but job level. I've met a few now who have next to no levels in a job they're playing past floor 50. No job crystal and clearly no idea what they're doing. All they do is slow the run down. POTD 51+ is not a training course for a newbie to a job. You should be restricted to having a job at lvl 30, minimum, in order to go that far. Wanna level to 30? Go run 1-50, maybe you'll learn something.
    While I agree that this might be somewhat annoying. You also have the option of screening players you want to play with and going in with a full party. When you random queue, you're not always going to get ideal results.

The next Live Letter is due on November 25th and will give us some information on 3.5.

I wonder if that means 3.5 may be sooner than we think and 3.6 may be a thing as a pre-patch leading into 4.0?

10+ Year Old Account
    The next Live Letter is due on November 25th and will give us some information on 3.5.

I wonder if that means 3.5 may be sooner than we think and 3.6 may be a thing as a pre-patch leading into 4.0?
    We got a 2.55 that was almost as big as 2.5 before

Just gonna plop this down right here if you want to go direct, and give you:

From what I get:
    Proto Ultima will be in the patch (unspecified however). It will be 24 man apparently, unchanged from Fanfest.

Native Resolution 4K will be given priority than Direct X 12 support.

The Monk (WoL specifically) shown in the trailer will be the new AF gear for Monks in 4.0. Female one is unspecified.

Trailer was said to be really hard to accomplish to what we have seen, stating that the process is almost like making a movie.

No comment on whether the female is a dancer or a monk.
    Faroth input: Still say it's Yda as a monk training WoL. Otherwise that trailer would indicate Dancer is 90% monk copy.

"Obviously, the AF equipments will be obtainable once you're level 70"

The remaining AF equipments will be announced on sometime during next year's PLL.

The song used in the trailer might be different in the complete version of the opening in the future.

We are given at least 1/3 of the major content of Stormblood announcement (the remaining 2 assumed to be told during Japan Fanfest and Europe Fanfest.) This excludes minor ones that will of course be included in the future.

Hints that the scenario against Garlemald may go up to 6.0.

Up till now the Primals are summoned mostly by people of beast tribes. So as we are going to a totally new region and area, the primals that will appear in the future will be somehow illustrated differently from what we have seen so far.

Ascians may have a slightly lower presence in Stormblood.

Zenos yae Galvus is described, so far, with only a hint, as a character that does not go in line with any character.

When asked on the weapon Zenos held, Yoshida said that "while the weapons he hold doesn't really relate to his character, but if asked whether he's holding a gunblade then yes he is holding a gunblade." Yoshida told the interviewer to look closely at his artwork later and see if they can notice something from it.

When asked if he can be compared to Kefka Palazzo. Yoshida asked to refrain from comparing. "For now, he's the biological son of the current Emperor". Yoshida told us to look forward to the future about him.

Regula Van Hydrus will have a role in 3.5 apparently. There will be a decisive moment about him, and any questions or doubts about him will also be revealed in 3.5 apparently.

Though the staffs have decided on what to do with Estinien, for now, they won't divulge anything. Yoshida also claims that Estinien is a character he like so he would like to have him at least appear in the future. He also prepared a "amazing stage for his appearance", and is afraid on how he would be received by the players.

Though whether Estinien will have a role in 4.0 or not is unclear, but as for who will appear in 4.0, it's almost already decided.
    Voice recording for Stormblood will start soon. Yoshida also state that Estinien will not be the character that will just disappear entirely. Personally, Yoshida would like to have Estinien join the scions, but knowing his personality, even if Alphinaud were to invite him, he won't immediately take the offer and join, since he doesn't like company.

The flow for Stormblood to level 70 is the same: One main job will be going through the MSQ all the way to 70.

Side quests ratio might be lesser this time but the exp MSQ offers will be increased to be proportional. Though one thing to note: It's NOT about the amount of it will be lesser, it's more like the ratio between MSQ and SQ will be adjusted. For example. If 2.x has 200 MSQ and 150 SQ, then 4.x will be something like 250 MSQ but 100 SQ.

Another new job will be hinted on the upcoming Fanfest Japan/Tokyo.
    Jobs. No classes.

Yoshida teasing readers. "I just love that Marvel character. Whether that means other things...yes...or not...heh. As for what I wore during 2014 (referring to Dark Knight T-Shirt), that's only because I like Christopher Nolan's movies (specifically referring to Nolan's Batman trilogy)"

When asked if revealing Dark Knight (the job, not Batman) is a coincidence. "Coincidence, maaaaybe?"

There won't be new roles in Stormblood.

As for battle system changes, it won't be to a point you need to relearn those skills once they enter Stormblood. To put in an extremely rough image: Think of it this way, for example: Adjusting Featherfoot to allow players to have high evasion rate instead of what we have right now. But do note that NOT all actions will be adjusted like that.

This is the accurate translation. Thanks to /u/totoro572 for the correction on this one.

Yoshida: For example, Monk/pugilist's feather foot allows you to boost your evasion rate, but there aren't many situations where monks actually get attacked by enemies. If you do get put in that sort of situation, you can already see where the battle is going anyway.
    Even when you fight alone, there are almost no ocassions where feather foot changes your fate of living or dying. Of course there will be people who say "But i use it when i solo! Don't take away a characteristic from our job", but if we add more actions/abilities, these kinds of actions will get removed from players' hotbars anyway. So we will delete and add new actions instead or leave the name of the action and change what it does to give it more meaning. Another example is the warrior's wrath and abandon stacks where they will both be united to one gauge called "Origin(原初)" (Note: the name of this new stack will be totally different in the En version because most of the names of the warrior moves in the japanese client share the word "origin". For example, inner beast is Soul of the origin(原初の魂), Raw intuiition is Instinct of the origin (原初の直感) and the LB3 for warrior is Land of the origin(原初の*地) and that's why Yoshida called the new stack for both stances "origin(原初) stacks " ). Warriors will manage this new gauge for both stances and decide what to use each of them on.

The entire objective of skills adjustment is to make it a lot more useful than before and not just some actions that are just there and doesn't serve any purpose. Of course there will also be some skills where it drops the current but gained other types of effect. However, Yoshida clarified that what he said was just an example. Do not take of it as an entire truth yet, as currently it's still undecided.
    The skill cap when reaching level 70 remain the current level 60 cap, and stated that they plan, or hope, to not go beyond the error of having the skill for the specific job increase or decrease even if they add more skills. Though this is not finalized, but currently this is where they are at.

When asked about "battle system specific UI" that was mentioned in Fanfest Keynote. Like for example, "Will there be any changes on the concept of maintaining Blood of the Dragon or Enochian itself?", Yoshida answers: "This is just an example, but there is a possibility that you can maintain the effects of Enochian permanently. But in return, it'll an added bonus towards Black Mage triggered by doing through specific order, or something like that. Though this is really just an example, basically when the Enochian timer starts ticking, the timer that's been used up will automatically restart. But, with specific time with specific actions used, a somewhat different element will then push it to a plus side of effect...or something similar. Currently the problem where we see a huge gap in dps occurred in situations between the situation of "the case of being able to maintain Enochian" and "not being able to maintain Enochian". Therefore, if we don't think of something to address on the state of Enochian not "wearing off" and on top of that, giving bonus to players who have done well to maintain Enochian, then we won't be able to close the gap itself. However, if we made it too simple, the top players will feel that it's boring, so from there we try implement a new feature, and aim for a point where the top players will feel even comfortable playing it. Though it's just a tentative conversation here, but there are cases where being able to do AoE attacks right after Ley Line, and then while continue avoiding, gradually moving away from your destination."

On additional skills, there isn't much but considering how tank stances will work with the adjustment that will come in the future. Yoshida is still thinking of how to address the problems of stance switching on additional skills right now. However the adjustments will shape the outcome of the battle content itself, as they are created through formula calculations, and other factors.

The overall new skills for Stormblood is aimed towards making it much better than the roles they are confined to, like making DRG great again more fun, or make PLD defend better, and sturdier. However, how to obtain those new skills might be different from the usual, like there will be changes in the usual "level up to a certain level, receive job quest and gain new skills".
    ^ There is an indepth explanation to the one above. Also thanks to /u/totoro572

Q. Are we going to learn new actions by completing job quests just like we did in heavensward?
    A.We changed it a little bit. The quest team told us that always connecting and relating the events/cutscenes to the action you learn from the quest was difficult, so we split it up where there will be actions you learn by just leveling and actions you learn by doing job quests. We wanted to make a deeper story for the job quests, so we cut down the actions you learn by doing the job scenario and added more actions you learn by just leveling.
    As this is too long, the second part will be in the replies
    A few things that caught my eye:
    -For shared role actions, their current thought is they want to mostly do buffs / debuffs, so you can swap around things depending on the content or party comp.

-Some actions that were previously shared will turn into Job-only actions.

-Melee and Ranged Physical will be separated, but Ranged Physical and Casters might 'feel' the same, as far as shared roll actions are concerned.

-Some of the Devs have suggested a "Hall of the Intermediate" that goes over basic skill rotations and such, fit for people going to EX primals. At first Yoshida was thinking no, because it would be telling players "If you're not good, its bad" but recently he's warmed up to the idea a little bit.

-He talks about how they are currently discussing on just completely removing accuracy. They feel that most players feel restricted by this stat.

-Same for Parry. They are in talks about changing how it works, but there is a chance that Parry will be completely gone.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-11-14 at 06:56 PM.

Saw that yesterday;

- Kill accuracy with fire
    - I wouldn't weep if they also killed parry with fire, but it's a stat they could stand to do more with if they wanted (compared to accuracy)
    - The comment about the Monk AF3 set there has people thinking the female in the trailer wasn't a MNK; the fighting style suggests otherwise, to me
    - The warrior stack thing sounds like they'll simply have a single name for the stacks; stack use and how they can be used would still be determined by stance. Least that's what I get from that part; I'd love to see it where, for example, steel cyclone simply turns into decimate when in deliverance, so you could have the same key mapped for both of those (aka kinda like WoW warriors and how stance bars could be set up similarly).
    - Garlemald up to 6.0; dare I say it sounds like we end up advancing into Garlemald proper come 5.0? Not like they can't churn out other threats afterwards; see FF6 as example of how an empire gets felled well before the end of the game
    - Not sure what we would be afraid of with Estinien returning at some point...I would be more disappointed if he didn't reunite with WoL and crew to some extent in the future
    - Wonder if we will have fewer new abilities since they hint at having fewer job quests that would unlock them. Does mention they may just have some of that stuff occurr as a result of simply leveling (which makes sense for passives, for sure)
    - So the Garlean guy in charge in Ala Mhigo is a possible hint as to a job...face value he most closely resembles a samurai.

Tbh I wouldn't care if accuracy went. It's a horrid stat anyway especially for Melees.

Kind of soft confirms expansion 4 is the empire doesnt it?

I stopped being lazy and finally got around to completing Thordan EX and Sophia EX!

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped being lazy and finally got around to completing Thordan EX and Sophia EX!
    Congrats! Get a birdie?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Congrats! Get a birdie?
    Thanks! It dropped but I didn't win it. At least now I can (hopefully) join some farm parties though.

Decided to make the AST relic since i have a tank and a few dps ones. From leveling alt jobs i have plenty of unidentifieds and ather oils to get it to the umbrite stage easy.

But i've been stuck in a que for The Vault. For. 80. Minutes. As a Healer.

I just want that sweet purple weapon!

I did some more Sophia EX earlier today. Managed to grab the DRK weapon for glamour at least. Still trying to find a group for Nidhogg EX and Sephirot EX.

So I haven't been playing much recently, only logging in to occasionally do the jumbo cactpot and reset my retainers every few days. I made it a point not to read any spoilers (so not read much in this thread at all), and I finally got around to doing the 3.4 MSQs last night. Let me just say so as to not spoil it for anyone else who hasn't gotten that far: I totally did NOT see that coming. I mean I knew something was going to happen with those specific characters, but I wasn't even close to thinking that's how things would turn out.

Now to go back 2 months in this thread and read all the discussion I skipped. XD
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Booooooooooo. Thought my next sub reward was the Cloud outfit but it's not . Wind up Nanamo and Fat Choco head are next.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Booooooooooo. Thought my next sub reward was the Cloud outfit but it's not . Wind up Nanamo and Fat Choco head are next.
    I get Zidane's set next month. I hope it can be stored in the armoire otherwise I'll have to get another retainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get Zidane's set next month. I hope it can be stored in the armoire otherwise I'll have to get another retainer.
    IT can loo

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    IT can loo
    Oh, that's good!