10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw that commercial I laughed my ass off. I had no idea it was for real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few not overly interested in M'quote. I'll roll either female Hyur or a female Roe. Is there a chance at making an ugly male character in this game? All the ones I see Hyur/M'quote look quite, well pretty.
    Maybe not ugly, but definitely not pretty:

Love my big guy.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    That was...one of the more pointless commercials I've seen. I guess they hit the FF fans with chocobo's and all that, but I don't see how it will draw in any non-FF fans and it says very little about the game unless you actively look for hints (bus = lots of people, dude and chick drawing together = playing together, bus = trip/journey) and try to interpret things that are probably either unintended or far too subtle : /

Cmon Squeenix, you're good at CGI trailers, make a good CGI commercial with some actual gameplay in it!
    Agreed. I want something EPIC!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I'm not even sure what I'm going to play in this one. I was a male Elven in FF11 so I kind of want to do something different. I may actually go human male for the first time ever in an MMO, it would be different for me anyways.

Also still debating on which version to preorder. I really would like to have the CE, but I've been burnt with so many sub par MMO's lately that I hate to put that much money into yet another game I end up not playing. Anyone know if we will be able to upgrade to CE after the game is launched?
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2013-07-26 at 12:06 PM.

Well, why not just go with the digital CE (the +$20 one)?; granted, that going off playing on the PC; I'm not sure if there's a digital version for PS3.

Pretty sure to go from reg to digital CE, you'd have to buy the digital CE all over again.
    Last edited by mstieler; 2013-07-26 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Those people admitted they liked the race but also admitted they DID NOT like the fact that it will be the most played race by far. It is THEIR choice.

What you just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    And yet here I am totally agreeing with him / her.

And still wondering how people can choose to play a game (they constantly pay for) and play it in a away they enjoy less then they would be.
    And unlike wow where you really meet clone armies all the time FF14 at least gives you a lot of customization options. You can make every race into something you probably wont see around much so really: Saying you avoid a race purely because other people might enjoy it too (and if we take the reddit poll it wasn't even clear it will be that way on release) when you can customize just make you sound like a wannabe hipster, sorry,

edit: to be clear everyone can play how he / she wants ... just don't expect me to understand it.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2013-07-26 at 02:25 PM.

This should have been the release video ...

Is it just the amount of weed i've smoked in the last few days or is everyone talking about FFXIV and WoW losing a lot of subs, not really sure what's going on but I hope it's true because I love Final Fantasy<333

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    I disagree, the music doesn't fit the final fantasy theme whatsoever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I am really looking forward to the game. The PvE aspect of it seems really fun and I hope the PvP they bring is enjoyable.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop the terrible music and maybe.

Wasnt that pretty much the video for 1.0?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    That was the video we got to introduce 2.0 after the 1.0 servers were taken down.

Well, it had much better music at the time. No idea who thought it was a good idea to paste that awful shit on there. Opinions n stuff.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    Well, why not just go with the digital CE (the +$20 one)?; granted, that going off playing on the PC; I'm not sure if there's a digital version for PS3.

Pretty sure to go from reg to digital CE, you'd have to buy the digital CE all over again.
    I'll be getting it on PC, just wasn't sure. Lots of companies allow you to upgrade digitally by just adding the additional cost on, but wasn't sure how SE handled things.

Odds are I'll just get the digital CE and hope it pans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    It was mixed footage from the End of an Era video and the A New Beginning video. End of an Era is what was played right before the servers shut down for 1.0. A New Beginning was a followup trailer afterwards.

The singer sounds so familiar.

Really liking the song though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Is it just the amount of weed i've smoked in the last few days or is everyone talking about FFXIV and WoW losing a lot of subs, not really sure what's going on but I hope it's true because I love Final Fantasy<333
    Don't draw lines when there may be none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Don't draw lines when there may be none.
    This there is RIFT, Archeage, TERA and many others as well as basuc burnout and other things...Not just FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'll be getting it on PC, just wasn't sure. Lots of companies allow you to upgrade digitally by just adding the additional cost on, but wasn't sure how SE handled things.

Odds are I'll just get the digital CE and hope it pans out.
    Actually, looking at the options, you could go with the $30 version, and they have a digital upgrade pack for $20, that adds the in-game CE stuff to your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else get an Email about incoming updates?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Drop the terrible music and maybe.

I got a chuckle out of it. Def not the best but could have been worse... Like rap or the over saturated/played dubstep.